SJWs freak out over Rafael Albuquerque's Batgirl variant

>SJWs freak out over Rafael Albuquerque's Batgirl variant.
>Albuquerque (not DC) requests to remove the cover due to online harassment.
>DC puts Albuquerque on the Batgirl Rebirth ongoing because they give no fucks.
I'm surprised nobody really noticed or talked about this.This is really a fantastic redemption move that DC did for Albuquerque. Good job, DC.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9NLgXTph_14
youtube.com/watch?v=eeQXiEVUkgo
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TFtaMReEg
youtube.com/watch?v=oNf_28Cd3m0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0Faaj2jOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've mentioned it several times but I think it's more they had him take the fall for the cover when that happened and this is them paying him back. Not really a redemption thing.

based DC saving comics

'not all comics are capeshit' spammer in 3...2...1...

>woman are equal to me
>LOL women have plot armor that prevents them from ever greyting hurt because fuck patriarchy
If these bitchs knew how bad real rape really was theyd shut the fuck up and stop talking about shit they dont know. I hate vaginas sometimes thats why femboys are better

Not really. He was probably tired of being harassed and if he didn't take the necessary action it would have continued.

That's fucking sick

Probably that's the reason why DC is selling so much right now. Fat neckbeards will buy anything that can piss off SJWs, even if shit.

I don't deny that it could have happened that way. That's the impression that they want us to have, that he decided on his own to pull the cover. It just worked out a little too conveniently for DC in that they ended the controversy without having to deal with censorship claims.

ass ravaged whale pls

Nobody cares because outrage culture thrives on the immediate, not on long term goals. They see a problem, they whine. Once they get what they want (offending cover removed), they forget about it and move onto the next thing.

>Oh, so the artist is getting death threats and wants DC to not publish the cover huh... WELL HOW CONVENIENT!!!!
That's what you sound like right now, man.

He wasn't the one receiving death threats. The SJWs complaining were.

cry more

What, for stating a fact?

Jesus, you people will find ways to feel smug about anything.

I'm just trying to explain my doubt. We'll probably never really know the truth now that everyone has won in the situation and has no reason to talk.

Speaking of, the official voice in latin america for the Joker just recorded this little video promoting his appearance in a local Con at Mexico

The interesting thing? Just check the poster he has in the back.

Neat

>Batgirl crying
What the fuck is this bullshit?

Guys it's time to let it go. Move on with your lives.

wew lad

If Batgirl is held hostage in some way by the Joker, she is in deep shit. She'd know that better than most.

I fucking love this cover. Joker's face is classic and not some stupid edgy shit and the fear in Batgirl's face is overwhelming. It really makes you feel how high the stakes are in this situation.

I feel like the cover is fine but didn't fit the aesthetic of the ongoing (not always necessary for variants to match but the best ones generally have something to do with the book imo) nor did it fit in with the rest of the Joker month variants (if they had done the smart thing and given one to Red Hood and friends too maybe that's not a concern).

The Hero the comics fans need.

>MUH ADAPTIONS

Comics don't need voice acting

Oh, shit. Well, hurpaderp!

Yes they do, only autists and hipsters belice media shouldnt be adapted into other forms to enhance the experiance.

I mean it's cool he has the poster and all, but the last thing anyone needs is more casual shit like that.

Adaptions don't enhance anything. They are just alternate universes. Only a pleb who doesn't respect the comics medium would say that adaptions are better.

and all the moms literally freaked

Leto take notes

Alan pls

So? Harassment isn't limited to death threats you know.

I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, but they certainly aren't needed. Hell they can even still be good, but if you need an adaption to make your story "matter" you can fuck off because you clearly didn't enjoy it in the first place.

Love it. Got any clips of him?

Sure

youtube.com/watch?v=9NLgXTph_14

youtube.com/watch?v=eeQXiEVUkgo

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7TFtaMReEg

youtube.com/watch?v=oNf_28Cd3m0

The man has been the voice of every animated Joker since the original BTAS. Honestly, his work is the only thing that makes hearing the dub worth it.

And here he's doing the Joker's monologue from TKJ in a convention, like three years or so before the actual movie came out.
youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0Faaj2jOE

Or maybe the books SJWs make are shit.

Never said it was.

But then from what I understand he wasn't particularly harassed either.

>Batman crying.

What the fuck is this bullshit?

>I want thing A to be confined to thing B exclusively!

>Thing A must stay confined to this small box with this small feel and small demographic.

>"I'm not saying they shouldn't exist"
>somehow you interpret this to mean I'm saying they shouldn't exist

stay normie and butthurt I guess

But the OP said that he was being harassed, so the retort "but he wasn't getting death threats" is an implied counter. It doesn't counter OP's statements though.

>from what I understand he wasn't particularly harassed either
Now this would be a counter. If it were true of course. Seems like it would make more sense if he was getting harassed though, why else would he have removed the cover?

I've been meaning to watch the Spanish dubs of the live-action Batman movies for a while - they have the same actors voicing them in everything, right?

Aw diddums why don't you go wave your flabby underarm wings at people who disagree with you on campus

Dammit, I watched that whole Under the Red Hood clip waiting to hear his delivery of "*I'M* THE ONLY ONE WHO'S GONNA GET WHAT WE WANTS TONIGHT!"

Thanks. This guy is pretty good.

I thought this was a dumb complaint to begin with. And when it was kind of prevalent on Cred Forums I left for a few weeks and forgot about it. I noticed he was working on BG and it didn't even occur to me. I was kind of disappointed in the book and after the last run didn't even bother with the second issue.

I'm starting to associate Batgirl with Spider Gwen in that they have nothing to offer other than a cool looking costume. Right now (or may be ever) her only saving grace in years is Birds of Prey witch I'm really enjoying.

He's pals with the creators and they had just come off the heels of the "omg trans villain" freak out so they couldn't afford another "scandal" on a book they were trumpeting as "female friendly".

No, the live action movies are dubbed in Mexico while everything animated is on Venezuela.

Kek, no, Cam SJteW throw him under the bus to save his skin and used the "please think of my artistic integrity" excuse

I was still mad at fucking cameron stewart throwing Albuquerque under the bus and put the entire blame on him.

That's pretty much what I was saying.
He took the fall for them.

If anyone got thrown under a bus it was DC.

>Creative team saying "This isn't the tone we want"
>Cover artist saying "The editor told me to go darker".

ITT: butthurt

>But the OP said that he was being harassed, so the retort "but he wasn't getting death threats" is an implied counter. It doesn't counter OP's statements though.
That was my bad then, I could have sworn someone in the thread said he was receiving death threats.

>Now this would be a counter. If it were true of course. Seems like it would make more sense if he was getting harassed though, why else would he have removed the cover?
There's tons of reasons he could have had, first and foremost that he maybe agreed with the complaints.

I mean from what I recall of the event it was all relatively civil until DC agreed to pull the cover, at which point the other side of the internet erupted in hellfire.

Leto freaked all the critics

For all the whining that goes on about SJWs ruining comics that you don't actually buy, not much has really changed from a practical standpoint.

>not admitting that that picture is hilarious

It's fucking hilarious but the point still stands.

When Sinestro has a variant of grumpy cat the "Variant shouldn't exist because it has nothing to do with the book" excuse should retire.

When everyone is butthurt. No one will be

>not always necessary for variants to match

I wouldn't mind bottom if Hulk didn't look like he was going to attempt Goatse.

That's not anything Jojo hasn't been doing for ages. The difference is: Araki can make physically appealing guys who look good in swimsuit model poses.

I want that poster.

Well why can't we get more of it, then? Jojo is fabulous!

No DC actually put out a statement saying they didnt condone or endorse the pulling of the variant but did so at the artist request.

Aware what you said. Shouldn't even need to say it when variants rarely ever fit the tone.