Why doesn't green lantern have a sidekick?

Why is green lantern the only founding member of the justice league without a sidekick?

Kilowog john or tomar dont count?

because eventually DC figured out calling an eskimo Pieface was racist

>sidekick
Sinestro is his sidekick and villain.

He had this thing that was like a space star fish. It was called Itty.

No joke. No relation to Starro either.

Pieface

original green lantern alan scott actually did have a sidekick, Doiby Dickles. pic related

hal and the other modern green lanterns are part of a big space cop organization tho, he may not have a traditional sidekick ala Robin, but he has a lot of ally heroes

I mean an actual robin or kid flash tier sidekick.

>tfw Giffen pulls Itty out of fucking nowhere for Legends of Tomorrow
>tfw Hal would be a laughingstock for having Itty for best space bud

There isn't one.
Most members of the Justice League don't have sidekicks like Robin and Kid Flash, you stupid fucking idiot

>Robin
>Kid flash
>Wonder girl
>Aqualad
>Superboy

Wonder Girl, Aqualad, and Superboy aren't kid-flash or Robin tier

ww and wonder girl haven't really been shown working together for a long time. hell, i think titans hunt was wonder girl's introduction to the new 52 universe, but even before Flashpoint donna spent most of her time with the titans in some form

> Superboy
> sidekick

Aqualad is the only one you can make that argument for and even that's a stretch. Consider reading more comics.

Because Hal is a space-cop.
He doesn't have powers due to birthright or an accident.
He earned it.

Some punk kid isn't going to be made a space-cop.

Superboy was a sidekick during the silver age

Listen you little shit.

I gave you a fucking GL sidekick. It's not mini-lantern, fuck off and read the shit next time.

What he means is a kid with almost the same powers as the adult hero.
A mini-me.

There's nothing like that for GL

He was teenage Clark Kent, how is that a sidekick? What are you even talking about?

Sidekicks aren't just younger versions. Fucking DC can't do anything but that most of the time but yeah.

The Doctor's companions for example are just glorified sidekicks.

But jon stewart literally got his ring because hal slipped in the shower, i'd call that an accident.

Some kind of ROTC mentorship setup honestly wouldn't be out of place, but they let kids into the lantern corps as seen with Arisia so maybe it's not necessary.

Not in New 52, desu.

No.

John Stewart getting the ring wasn't an accident.

The accident made him be tagged. He was needed. He wasn't bit by a radioactive spider and felt compelled to help, he was given power on the condition he would.

No he didn't. John got his ring because Guy got ran over by a bus.

John got his ring because the guardians hand picked him to be Hal's backup after Guy got hit by a bus

That time Hal slipped in the shower was just one instance of John getting tagged in as the backup, I wish you meme posters would stop spreading lies

Because he is one.

Tom Kalmaku was literally Hal's sidekick for years

No I'm sure he got it because Kyle caught a cramp while fucking somebody's Girl

You do realize there are about six green lanterns for earth right?
Each and every one of them has also been a member of the justice league. there's no point having a sidekick when you can simply be replaced by one of your counterparts.

lol no he wasnt you fucking idiot

>i am taking my son, say goodbye

Green Lantern is a buddy cop story at heart.

>There's nothing like that for GL
Good.