It's a "kids hate broccoli" episode

>it's a "kids hate broccoli" episode

Broccoli is delicious you fuckers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JJfejLup_E0
youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Broccoli is the worst kind of vegetable I'd rather eat an actual fucking tree.

nice b8

Children are usually well behaved and willing to eat anything they are given, up until the moment that someone gives them their first cookie. Cookies are a hell of a drug.

Broccoli is tolerable at best.

There are no appealing flavors from it, and the texture is bland to boot.

I grew up eating broccoli and brussels sprouts and never got why kids in cartoons hated them

looks like i'm not giving any of my little niggas really sweet shit until they're ten, then
if i even have kids, that is

I can tolerate florets.

Stems taste like ass

>Tfw you got a taste for everything including veggies as a child.
Y'all a bunch of picky niggas.

It won't even have to be you, someone will give it to them. Could be a grandparent. Could happen at school. Some little friend that comes to play. It's going to happen eventually.

Isn't that what happened to Angelica in Rugrats?

Steamed broccoli is the bee's knees.

>it's a "wild animal acts like a dog" episode/movie
fucking kill me

Eh, it's not all that good.

Cauliflower is better. White makes right.

My niece didn't start hating veggies until she saw a cartoon about it.

>Broccoli with a little bit of cheese melted onto it

Fucking heaven. Brocolli was like the only veggie I ate as a kid.

>liked Broccoli as kid
>mfw I watched this episode back then

My parents pretty much did this and the first time I ever had any sort of confectionery was in kindergarten, when the teacher passed out tootsie rolls for good behaviour

My ass right about vomited at how atrocious and sickly sweet it was, and it took until I was roughly 17 to develop a sweet tooth.

Avoiding feeding your kids candies and sweets, substituting them instead for fruits, can make a world of a difference for their natural diet and tastes.

Feeding them fruit is just going to give them a taste for sweet things. Give them nothing but vegetables.

To be fair, most parents make no attempt to make the hated vegetables taste good. I still find plain steamed broccoli disgusting even as an adult. I do like broccoli mixed with cheese/pasta or grilled. Most food, including vegetables, need to be properly cooked and seasoned to taste good.

>tootsie rolls
>atrocious
Well, yeah. They're the type of candy that kids can't trade away on Halloween.

I still have leftover tootsie rolls and I haven't trick or treated in years.

I read that kids taste buds are more sensitive to metals, which is why vegetables taste better to you when you get older. But there's plenty of stuff I would never turn down as a kid now that I know about it.

>Peas
>Mashed yams
>Cooked carrots
>Green banana fried in coconut oil

I mean this is for kids 1-4, if your 5+ year old is still giving you shit over food (and you're NOT undercooking it or making the same thing every day for a week) you should probably tell them santa's not real and no one will hire a fat person.

There is something dead inside you.

In Inside Out, how the fuck did Disgust decide broccoli was gross? They've never even tasted it before.

I always liked raw and steamed broccoli, but when i was young my mother ruined all vegetables. She usually boiled them to mush, and then floated them in a pool of melted margarine.

We need more healthy brainwashing in cartoons.

I'm convinced people don't like broccoli because they prepare it wrong.

Mix it up with some olive oil, s&p, and garlic, roast that shit until its a little black and you're golden

I didn't hate broccoli but this episode gave me a vore fetish

Smell, probably.

They are a part of Riley, and they taste everything she does.

Most americans can't cook vegetables right. Fact.

>liking borccoli
Your disgusting and need to die

But Riley had never tasted broccoli up into that point.

>TFW Riley is such a pussy one of her deepest fears is broccoli

stupid dirty dumb broccoli posters

It does have a sulfur smell to it. Really, if you are force feeding your kids unseasoned broccoli, not even with half olive oil butter you're just a sadist playing with a living puppet.

Also not relevant, but don't have family pets if you don't want to take them to the vet or feed them food that's not poison. Your kid doesn't need to see it's first pet die shitting blood all over the carpet because you just buy crap for yourself all year and never save up any money.

A bit unrelated as well. But is it me or is almost any pet food toxic to them? There's always some outrage when some popular brand pet food ends up poisoning dogs or cats.

I'm glad she grew out of it.

Isn't brocolli the food whose taste's main component can't be tasted by a part of the population?

Like, a 4/5ths of the population taste it as bitter, but the other 5th can't taste it and it's actually just another vegetable?

I remember reading about that.

I admit I don't go all the way, because my pets aren't going to eat better than me, but I at least pay for grain free food with (barely) non-lethal phosphorus levels. And I just have one pet now because that's all I can afford. And I have no kids.

Broccoli is so good. It's nice raw as well, so peppery.

Every cooked vegetable tastes like puke.
How can people eat them in any other way than raw?
Broccoli and cauliflowers are the worst in those matters nothing can reedem them

soy sauce

See It's genetics.

It's really not.

Just steam them for a short amount of time and don't let them get even near mushy. Stir fry also works.

This is probably why people like horseradish.

It's disgusting.

I don't know about that, but I know that mushrooms taste like burnt ash and cilantro tastes like kerosene.

youtu.be/JJfejLup_E0

Son you're just gonna give the kid the first case of scurvy in decades if you don't give them fruit

>Steamed broccoli in a noodle soup

Wut? Mushrooms taste pretty close to beef.. sort of. I don't know what else to liken them to but they're kindof meaty.

Cilantro is only good in Mexican and Indian dishes with tomato flavor.

Not sure, but I know there's a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap for some people.

There's also a gene that makes your pee smell terrible if you ate asparagus. Not everyone has that.

Cilantro is bad in anything. It's a crutch for bad restaurants, and a cover to hide rancid ingredients.

They've got a dry taste, but a slimy consistency. I can see why people don't like them, even though I'm crazy about them right now. I want to make myself like sources of non-animal protein, I'm not going to be vegan, but I don't want colon cancer or zoonotic/heart disease.

No it really doesn't.

My favorite vegetables are broccoli, brussels sprouts and cauliflower.

I'm a kid's worst cooking nightmare.

I'll get back to you after I put it on some homemade venison naan chalupas. Which I'll never eat, because no one fucking wants to teach me to hunt or sell me deer meat directly. I just want to make weird food.

I'm not a vegan but my brother is so I've eaten a lot of food he makes. Let me tell you, vegan food is delicious. I'm not going to stop eating meat and dairy anytime soon but it's definitely worth branching out and trying new things, you'd be surprised.

>shittoli
>good

>all these plebs ITT not liking broccoli
I bet you hate blue cheese too, you tasteless fucks.

A waste of wild meat. Once you put cilantro on it, it won't taste like anything but cilantro.

stop making foodbaits

To everyone saying the problem is preparation, not that you are specifically wrong BUT

my niece eats broccoli no problem and wants it with nothing done to it at all. I usually make it with salt pepper and oil, but if i put anything on hers at all she won't eat it. she refuses to eat chicken for any reason.

Broccoli is delicious to ADULTS. Children have different palates that change as they age.

Meat doesn't even cause colon cancer. We're made to eat meat (in low quantities, but still made to eat it nontheless).

A high-fat, low-fiber diet has been linked to colon cancer, but it's not 100% guaranteed you'll get it if your diet is like that. Meat itself doesn't have that much fat if you know which kind of meat to eat.

if you have a tongue made of cement maybe

It really is.

Especially dipped in ketchup.

It's better to steer away from meat and cheese when you can, if the vegan option is say, navratan korma vs a ham sandwich. You have to be creative, and in order to inspire that creativity you've got to be committed.

All I care about is that people wake up to animal agriculture and industrial meat production. Don't stop eating it, just acknowledge that we're not supposed to eat it 7 days a week and can't provide the nutrition to the animals themselves that are needed for us, if there is that many of both.

I can confirm this to be false. I loved broccoli when I was a kid. I also loved brussels sprouts and lima beans.

>ketchup
If I could, I would ban this abomination. Literally the cancer of food.

I meant that generally. Of course there's gonna be exceptions.

That is a world I do not wish to live in.

You are my nigga. I put that on EVERYTHING. and it all started because of broccoli.

It's best on steak

Get some fucking taste Boco, jesus.

Tomato sauce on pizza or fuck off. For anything else like hotdogs or sandwiches, you have mustard or mayo.

Pirates please get off my board

Question is, did the professor cook the broccoli? Steamed broccoli, boiled broccoli, fuck even a quick run in the oven will do amazing shit to vegetables. I always the broccoli in halves and let them marinate in ranch dressing for about thirty minutes before giving them a little time on a grill. If I don't have the grill I just grab some tin foil and bake them in the oven with a smidgen of butter.

No one's putting marinara on their hot dog or meatloaf.

I once heard that in America, ketchup contains more sugar than ice cream does.

I don't know if that's true but I believe it.

An experiment for you.
Mix these together.
Sprinkle it on some vegetables.
Report back your results.

2/3 tablespoons of salt
1/2 tablespoon of thyme
1/2 tablespoon of basil
1/3 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon of celery salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of dried mustard
4 tablespoons of paprika
2 tablespoons of garlic salt
1 tablespoon of ground ginger
3 tablespoons of white pepper.

>What are spices

You can literally make anything taste good

Except steak. If its pink on the inside and you like that admit yourself to the nearest zoo

Theres no sugar in ketchup.

>rare meat is bad

Stop spewing propoganda.

>it's an "adults love beer" episode

Do you ever think maybe we should just admit that all beer tastes kind of bad and everyone's just pretending?

yes, also pretty good on potatoes.

His daddy must've been a shit cook.

Medium rare is what humans eat.

>it's a elementary schoolers getting put through a rigorous test that you are convinced their grades actually matter

This trope is in just about every cartoon, it's beyond retarded. You never really see a cartoon that actually depicts how much of a joke the American schooling system is.

I always expected to hit a point somewhere in grade school where grades would start to matter, but as every year passed by, I realized nothing mattered up until final two years of high school, and even then, you can bullshit your way through the entirety of high school if you're smart about it.

Steam that broccoli a bit, saute it in a pan with some butter, add parmesan cheese at the end.

Shit's delicious as a side-dish.

Most commercial ketchup is 25% sugar.

Bah! Pink beef is great. I have the teeth of a bear and I intend to exercise my omnivorous privilege.

No my father is a hooman bean

I love beer though. Even bad beer.

Anything but Bud, PBR, Coors or Michelob. Those are all actual rat piss.

Acceptable, but the pinker the better.

PBR's okay if you want something cheap as hell that gets the job done.

The others you listed are shit.

Your teeth are for eating literally anything. Pretty much the only animals that are equipped to eat things more disgusting than us are goats, sharks, flies, roaches and rust. Our livers are so efficient we poison ourselves for fun. Go chew on some bike tires to get calcium and oil from the road if you're going to use that logic.

Raw vegetables are cool too.

I love Cred Forumsck/ threads

>Parents never made broccoli until I was a teen.
>Assumed broccoli was shit.
>Mom makes broccoli one day.
>Cum in my pants.

Rust is an animal?

>rust

Before someone corrects me, I really did think rust was caused by bacteria this whole time. Weird.

Some peoples' teeth are definitely better suited for some things over others. I noticed my teeth are in general shorter, but way sharper than a lot of my friends, while some people I've met seem to have massive and crazy flat teeth teeth, and others have long, yet thin teeth. I'm not sure what that entails, but it's cool that our teeth can vary so much.

Why does Americans hate the broccoli so much?
I thought it was just a /ck/ meme all this time.

Some states like Florida don't let you graduate if you don't pass their state exams. Might be different with a GED.

New York too

>Tiny Toon Adventures episode where they get drunk and died car crashing

It is interesting, but I would consult a dietician sooner than I'd base the food I consume on the shape of my teeth. I mean what are British people supposed to do?

It smells like farts, someone cultivated something that smelled like someone farted and said yeah ill eat that.

Meaby they don't boil it and eat it raw?

Eat fish and chips and get drunk.

It's an American thing.

A majority of "broccoli tastes bad" episodes were written by baby boomers whose parents couldn't cook for shit so they only know broccoli to taste like poorly cooked, terribly seasoned garbage.

>Not sure, but I know there's a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap for some people.
I have that, freaking sucks

also for me, as a kid the main problem with me and vegetables wasn't the taste(mostly, although I still think canned Green Beans taste like formaldehyde), but texture, I couldn't stand how most of them felt in my mouth

>No one's putting marinara on their hot dog or meatloaf.
that actually sounds kinda good

man I can't drink beer cause all I can taste is the bitterness in it, if I could find a beer that didn't have that bitterness I'd gladly give it a try though

I still can't eat brussels sprouts because of this cartoon I saw as a kid where a talking bear kept going on about how much he hated it.

I think fruity Belgian beers might be up your alley.

I spent 26 years of my life hating broccoli and other veggies because of cartoons growing up.

Fuck society

My stepdad once made me eat a ketchup-covered French fry.

Like, he basically pinned me down and shoved it in my mouth.

I immediately ran into my room and threw up on the carpet.

I remember so much about that moment (the brown vomit, the blue carpet, Elmo's World playing on the small TV in my room that was on top of a dresser).

That's how much it disgusted me.

>cilantro

What a fag.

And I mean you not him

>Americans
>Not boiling things

Also raw taste good too.

>Elmo's World playing on the small TV in my room that was on top of a dresser

Mustard = God tier

I prefer raw broccoli

only sweet mustard
regular mustard is both too overpowering, and tastes worse than just currying the dish

Same, just wash it and munch on it.

You mean mayonnaise, right?

Really?

You guys are weird, i love broccoli with tons of lemon juice, pepper and sea salt, it was my favorite salad.

>Kids don't eat vegetables
>Avoid being turned into vegetables from aliens
>Save their parents
>End of the episode is kids eating vegetables
I still don't understand. Am I remembering wrong?

That sounds really delicious desu. I think I'll go make that right now.

pretty much anything you'd put onto a hot dog is food cancer.

Except jalapeƱos, those are pretty good by themselves

>five or six-ish
>eating raw broccoli as a snack
>stuff another tiny green tree into my mouth
>hold on a minute, that doesn't taste right
>pick up another piece and take a closer look
>full of what I can only assume were aphids or some similar tiny insect
It was a while before I was eating broccoli again.

Fag, that was an excellent source of protein.

i hated coliflower more than broccoli as a kid

Seriously, is eating bugs actually bad for you? I know it's gross but can you actually get ill from it?

Depends on the bug. Some have decent nutritional value, some are poisonous.

Depends on the bug

They defeated the alien broccoli people by eating them. Then at the end they ate regular broccoli because killing their enemies filled them with bloodlust. It's funny because it's disturbing.

That is funny
It's just bothersome that they'd turn around and do the thing that saved them from being vegetables in the first place

Not really. It's like eating tiny crabs or lobsters. But the long answer is it depends on what chemicals are in them (many have evolved to taste bitter or use poison) and what they eat (carpet beetles would be stupid unsafe because of their foodsource)

The real reason they aren't popular is there's not many big enough to get a decent amount of meat out of them or a good way to shuck the shell. Imagine having to eat a whole sunflower seed, hull and all, when you're snacking. Just not a lot of fun. That's why the cultures that do that sort of thing are extremely starved of easier protein most times.

Kid taste buds are super sensitive compared to adult tastebuds.

I like brocolli now but when I was a kid it literally tasted like swill at the bottom of a trashcan

To this day don't like Broccoli. More of a spinach person.

I don't know why people look at me weird when I say I don't like ketchup.

>boiled broccoli
something so tasteful shouldn't exist

Because you are weird. Heinz is delicious.

school broccoli isn't.

>vomiting after eating tootie rolls
Well yeah, but thats normal. Tootsie rolls are not candies, they are little, chewy rolls of cocoa favoured shit.

>No one's putting marinara on their hot dog
Actually I would do that all the time as a kid when my family couldn't afford to go buy more ketchup. It was pretty good.

Its not just inaccurate, it dangerous misinformation.

I grew up in a rural area. You wouldn't believe how little some people who didn't group up near woods know about wild animals.

I had neighbors who has to spray paint the word 'cow' on the side of their cattle in bright fucking orange paint during deer season, because idiot city folk kept shooting their livestock.

And you have TV telling these people that a moose is like a dog wearing a funny hat? No. Fuck you. Moose are big, scary, territorial animals who will fight your car and win. Leave them the fuck alone.

yay its a Cred Forumsck/ thread

>tfw you grew up in a poor home and you are whatcha got.

I have friends that won't even touch a lettuce or onions and it always writes me out.

The only vegetable I'm really picky with are tomatoes. I can usually only eat them for breakfast like on biscuits and gravy or egg sandwich or somethings

I actually started loving broccoli thanks to a villain in a really weird saturday morning cartoon show that played on ABC.

Fuck if I remember its name, though.

There is all sorts of places that eat bugs, gonna be honest, I always kinda wanted to try it. Like those fried spiders and shit you see on the discovery channel

Okay, now I'm worried, because I can't find which saturday morning cartoon that used to be.

I just remember it being divided into segments, and the protagonist who was counter to that villain was named 'Droople'.

Green peppers are worse. Feels like you're putting slugs on your food and even though it tastes good with the food you pair it with, it sucks on its own. You have to deal with the slimy texture. At least with broccoli, there's a crunchy texture.

It really is.

Broccoli was delicious to me as a kid. I never got the it's disgusting thing.

But for me I hate all beans. I can't stomach lima beans, red beans, whatever kinda of beans is in pork n beans, pinto beans, etc.
Green/snap beans are okay though

Ketchup is the worst condiment ever created. There is a reason it is provided free at most institutes yet you have to pay extra for the others

I loved brussel sprouts as a kid, but don't really like them that much as an adult.

That was actually how my mom convinced me to eat them as a kid.
"Look user they look like trees, if you eat them you will be like an apatosaurus!"

>Its a Coffee\Soda makes you hyper episode.

Biggest fucking bullshit ive ever heard It might happen to like 5% of all kids but they allways make it seem like caffeine makes every kid bounce off the walls.

Im 25 and still cant eat most vegetables. Fruit is better but still bad. My tongue is one big picky bitch or has autism and cant handle diferent savors

>broccoli plus a bit of lemon
dayum

I liked broccoli and cauliflower as a kid. A lot of vegetables I liked to eat. I never got who or what made the whole broccoli/brussel sprouts popular, but fuck them. Trends like that probably led to this slob being the way she is.

youtu.be/IJGIMd3_LfY

To be fair, so many people over cook broccoli to the point that of course kids hate it.
I thought I hated broccoli until I tried some stir fried / raw/ lightly steamed.

My mother always boiled them until they were an inch away from being paste. Just push down with your utensil, and broccoli slime.

broccoli does suck dick, but you know what doesn't? brussel sprouts.

>tfw still don't like steak because mom was a shitty cook
>tfw never had a steak (or really any kind of meat) that wasn't well-done until i was like 13

Nah, they just taste bland, boring and samey, like most veggies (others like spinachs actually taste like shit).

I hope you mean "done well" and not "well done."

>And you have TV telling these people that a moose is like a dog wearing a funny hat? No. Fuck you.
Maybe that's an episode of something I haven't watched, but I've seen a lot more examples of mooses in fiction being built up exactly as you described.

if i wanted to say done well i would have said done well you fucking cocksucker

>it's a 'your parents never learned how to cook vegetables properly so they just boil them all day and makes the house smell like mustard gas and reduce the vegetables to a bitter goopy mess' episode

Never had properly steamed vegetables until I was 23, shit blew my mind.

Is it boiled or raw? It can't be both.

Probably because your parents let you drink that sugar water all the time so eventually it's not able to give you the same kind of high any more.

Any kid that was only given water or fruit juice, actual juice not the sugared up shit they sell in the store, would get hyper from just one or two cans of soda due to no immunity from the stuff.

Sugar water
Lalala lalalalalala
Lalala lalalalalala
I'm riding on a camel that has big eyes
The buildings are changing into coconut trees
Little by little

>It's a ''jam/red meat/chicken is better than tuna/fish'' episode
I never understood why people didn't like tuna or fish in general.

>not knowing about Cred Forumsck/
I'm convinced everybody tastes things very differently. My sister loves broccoli, I'll eat it if someone cooks it for me but I certainly wouldn't ever choose to do so myself. Neither the taste nor the texture are appealing to me at all. Then we're the opposite way around with spinach. I like it, she can't stand it. We were both brought up the same, I don't think "propaganda" for or against vegetables is going to change how people react to the taste of things.

If you don't live near a place where you can get it readily fresh, it can ruin your taste for it. Frozen fish it pretty meh at best.

>boiled broccoli
extracts too much of the flavor, steamed is way better

Broccoli is best blended with other flavors though, like asian beef dishes or hearty soups.

I don't actually know anything about food so reading this thread was a trip