The New52 universe was actually the post-crisis universe the whole time but with relationships and time taken away from...

>The New52 universe was actually the post-crisis universe the whole time but with relationships and time taken away from the characters

what a mess. so zero year and year one batman are both technically canon in the same timeline?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, but only zero year has actual consequences that effects the universe at large. However, Batman is gaining memory of both of the events, so it's as if he lived two lives.

Are you a fucking idiot? Thats how DC has always worked you stupid fuck. The reboots aren't hard reboots, the Crisises in universe cause the reboots. Comics might not be for you if you can't understand this basic concept.

It doesn't matter. None of this matters.

Fuck off Owlman, you're just salty your theory about destroying the prime Earth was bullshit.

This honestly OP you should be pretty embarrassed.

Go easy on him, he's probably a Marveldrone.

Why would you go easy on the enemy?

Now, what would be Dr. Manhattan's motivation in doing this? An experiment? He admitted that he could not changed human nature.

Could he be testing the DCU's resoluteness?
Could this be a comment about how no matter how much you alter something, you can never destroy the idea behind it?

>The Adventures of Assburger

affects = verb

effects = noun, plural

>Looks like DC's gonna have to reboot again xD

meme.

Can someone explain what the point of gaining these memories are for? How do these memories have any effect on them moving forward if they already got use to living their life the new 52 way.

Interesting stories and a new way to bring in the old stuff. Imagine if you found out your entire life was a lie and someone just tampered with the timeline to make a new reality. It would make for some pretty decent plot. But more importantly it's a segway. Once the heroes beat Dr. Manhattan (or whoever the big bad of Rebirth is) everything will go back to Pre-Crisis timeline, but they will be able to keep what people liked from Nu 52.

Do you think they will physically merge with their Pre-New 52 bodies at some point?

Why would I ever wish for my favorite characters to be Hawk-snarled?

No, they will stay young, it's just too convenient for the writers. Costumes may become more familiar though.

>Batman is gaining memory of both of the events

This is literally your own invention. It hasn't been shown anywhere that Batman is gaining those memories.

Then what is the point of keep referencing the "fake" New 52 continuity and even going to the lenghts of remaking stories again to fit New 52 continuity if eventually they'll bring old continuity back anyway? I don't think old continuity is coming back.

New 52 = Battleworld

They ARE in their Pre-New 52 bodies. Just with years taken away.

It's not, that is extreme wishful thinking.

In fact, it would be damn near impossible to go back to post-Crisis without flushing away everything that has happened since 2011.

I was just explaining the general idea behind rebirth. It didn't happen in Batman, because not much change in Nu 52, but it's present in books like Wondy and Flash.

New continuity is unreconciliable with old continuity. Characters like Stephanie Brown were reintroduced again like they were completely new. Having old continuity back would mean she was introduced TWICE and that makes no sense. And this just for citing an example of many characters in her same situation.

So did like Arthur, Mera, Donna, and Roy for example all have kids and forgot about them too?

They didn't have Rebirth in mind when they made those stories. Rebirth is a contingency for when DC fucks over their reboot. Also, if sales mean anything to DC it shows them that people like the idea of the old continuity coming back which means that they get more money.

And DC will go with the version that seems more profitable. It's basically Crisis on Infinite Earths again, but in reverse (if that makes sense)

>don't question retarded stuff in capeshit that's how it always is

You should honestly kill yourself if you haven't already.

>not knowing what a word means
>still tries to correct someone else

dictionary.com/browse/effect

The Batline is almost guaranteed to not be touched at all by Rebirth.

No. The day they got knocked up was taken out of the timeline.
This is the plot to Shrek 4. How are people having a hard time with this?

Not necessarily, I have a strong feeling that they are going to go with Year One over Zero Year. That will be pretty much the only thing they were change. And the three Jokers thing.

>not much change in Nu 52

His first adventure was completely different.
Tim Drake's origin is no the same.
Knightfall probably didn't happen, and if it did it happened completely different because he's just knowing Jean Paul Valley.
No Man's Land didn't happen.
Cass and Steph were just introduced again.
A lot of Morrison's run probably happened differently, as Final Crisis certainly didn't happen.

Now compare that to everyone else at DC. Nu 52 was more of a retcon for Batman if anything.

Batman's history changed A LOT. It's just that the others changed even more.

DC writers should have the entire continuity of the characters at their disposal. Not being able to reference things becuase "they didn't happen" in the new timeline limits writers a lot. Continuity is a tool you can use if it serves your story or not, not an hindrance. It should always be there for anyone who wants to use it.

Yeah, but all the stuff you listed is the way it is because Dr. Manhattan stripped moments from their life. If they end up defeating Dr. Manhattan and he restores all that shit, combined with all the new 52 stuff, what happens?

A clusterfuck.

Hawk-Snarl, baby.

I don't why DC didn't made a new universe where Pre-52 Earth-0 still existed instead of this clusterfuck.

Because there's stuff they like from the Nu 52 that they want to keep.

The only people right now who have memories of the pre-Flashpoint timeline are the Flashes and the Titans to some degree. (They remember Wally now, but a modified version that doesn't account for their full history. Barry on the other hand is starting to remember COIE.)

This will happen to every DC character except for the ones that were created exclusively for New 52.

There's no way Johns is letting anybody Hawk-Snarl Aquaman now that he's in charge, though.

What about Green Arrow and Black Canary falling in love all of a sudden? Is that because their old memories are not fully restoring but they just have a sudden urge to love each other? Why don't The Flash characters just make an announcement to everyone.

You can keep both universes, that's my point, instead of mixing them up.

It's honestly whatever the fuck you want it to be, as Rebirth is DC having their cake and eating it too.

Also yeah come on, they aren't going back to post-Crisis continuity fully anyway, otherwise retelling Judas Contact now would be pointless.

Holy shit what a clusterfuck.

So they'll keep those events as "having happened but not really". Only in the memories of the characters, not really in the timeline itself. It'll be more of a clusterfuck of what is really canon and what's not.

DC continuity is unsalvageable at this point, they should just start over.

I think whatever event DC is cooking up right now (the one with Doctor Manhattan) that is going to be the climax of Rebirth is also going to be the birth of a new DC universe. It's not going to be the Post-Crisis timeline nor the New 52 timeline, but a completely new timeline that's a mix of both with some years added (those Manhattan stole).

They'll do this to integrate Superadad as having always been THE main Superman of this world and probably to restore Wally's career as The Flash.

I'm honestly telling you man it's best not to be concerned about DC's continuity because I don't think they will ever have it down pat 100%. If it hasn't happened yet in 30+ years, I doubt Rebirth will finally be the story to put it to bed. Just focus on the content of the stories themselves.

This is how the DCU has always been.

As long as readers and writers remember that it was A Thing, it's fair game to be brought back SOMEHOW. That's just how long-running settings handled by multiple creators work.

This would honestly be the best possible solution desu.

I remember Metron said in the Darkseid War prologue that this new world "has yet to soldify". I'm pretty sure they were already preparing Rebirth at that point.

Post-Crisis continuity was more organized than this save for a few known hiccups. They kept track of everything relatively well. This is just the worst they have been in regards to being a clusterfuck, there's no going back anymore.

They also need early years where Superman was active without being married to Lois Jon not having being born so I think they'll add extra space into the timeline, also to make space for Jon to have grow up.

You do realize Rebirth is a set up, right? They're setting up for the big finale where they fully restore the old continuity.

Apparently it's all the shit that went down during Darkseid War that destabilized things enough to allow the pre-Flashpoint continuity to start to bleed back into the main universe.

>fully restore the old continuity

They won't. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point of retelling Judas Contract.

This is pretty much what it's been implied to happen at the end. Johns talked about "a wall" that existed that separated New 52 from the Post-Crisis world and talked about breaking that wall. DiDio and Jim Lee talked about how Geoff' story allowed to integrate the previous continuity into the new one. I think all that means they're going to FUSE both timelines in a new one (like the surviving Earths fused at the end of COIE) not just ALL the old continuity magically being canon again.

How is cause and effect retarded? You might actually read at a 4th grade level.

Besides, Superdad's entire history NEEDS to be retconned into New 52 history, so a new timeline IS definitely coming.

>No Legion
DC is dumb

It's going to show minor changes here and there. And that's fine since it's selling well and needs very little retooling.

>No Legion
>Saturn Girl literally appears in issue #1
Are you a dumb?

>legion is still a thing
Why ? It is a shitty concept and was never interesting even for children !

where's the solicit