Is this movie a bad depiction of how strong Jason Todd is or is it accurate...

Is this movie a bad depiction of how strong Jason Todd is or is it accurate? He was struggling with a bunch of no-name assassins and he gets his ass destroyed when he fights Bruce without weapons.

>giving a shit about power levels
It's a stand-alone movie that doesn't really belong to any continuity, so this is really the most trivial shit to discuss

Red Hood gets beat up by Batgirl in Eternal. I think Jason is one of the weakest members of the Bat family.

that's just feminazi favoritism

It was 4 against 1, with the 4 being power armored and shit.

It's not a stand alone movie. It's a movie adaptation of the comic. Under The Red Hood is canon.

of the four robins, he has the least combat experience.

Red Hood wasn't very good at martial arts.

Scott Lobdell, of course, turned him into magical ninja and the best assassin in the entire world.

Despite that other Bat-writer tend to ignore his fanwanking and have him sometimes how he used to be.

Unless he's able able to take advantage of his weapons Dick and Damian, are more skilled and would beat him in a fight. I'll say the same for Barbara because of Eternal. Kate would probably beat him since she has more combat experience and was able to take down Bruce once. Cassandra? Forget it. My power rankings only have Jason ahead of Tim.

Harper, Duke, and Spoiler don't really count because they're new.

Stephanie stands head and shoulders above Harper and Duke.

As a black Batfan, nothing pisses me off more than to see a diversity hire like Duke fast tracked to the cowl.

But I've been angry about everything DC's published for like the last five years.

The whole point of Jason's character is that he was NEVER fit to be Robin. Bruce's greatest failure wasn't getting Jason killed, it was letting his hurt feelings over Dick get control of him and let an unprepared kid like Jason get involved.

Jason is the weakest of the batfam because he has the lowest potential, and the least training. The only reason he can fight Batman is psychology. Batgirl would have no trouble kicking his ass because she went through something similar and didn't become the fucking Punisher.

Yeah, just hold him by his coat while he has two guns in his hands. Don't do anything abouth them.

To be fair, I doubt Jason would actually kill any of the Bat family

To be fair he was trying to break the hypnosis on Barb. She thought he was the Joker, and he was bringing her back down. I don't really see that scene as him jobbing as much as trying to help a friend

He may not have been trying to kill her but he still got wrecked trying to defend himself. Also he says in another panel that Babs was more skilled than him when he was Robin.

>getting shot in the spine is the same as getting beaten to the brink of death and blown up.
Alright dude. Whatever you say.

Fair enough. It's been a while since I read BE, and it still wasn't nearly as bad as Robin War

You can say that, but he still beat Lady Shiva in a straight on fight

>Batgirl would have no trouble kicking his ass because she went through something similar and didn't become the fucking Punisher.
but did she die?

I think that he's just not as good and has to compensate is one of the most interesting things about him.

You have to admit, sending a electrical current (via a taser) back up Batman's cable was absolute genius.

I've never seen any other antagonist do this.

Wait, are those Halo 1 Magnums?

Static did it once in Static Shock.

tynion pls go

Tim has fucked Jason up.

Pre-Lobdell Jason was taken in by the LoA and then trained by the worlds best criminals before killing them.

Post- Lobell Jason is the chosen one of the All-Caste, a group of ancient magical assassins said to be superior to the LoA.
Either way he's the best Robin in terms of fighting ability and anything to the contrary is bad writing IMO.

What? No, Dick is the best in terms of fighting ability. He even beat Bruce one on one in h2h.

>Either way he's the best Robin in terms of fighting ability and anything to the contrary is bad writing IMO.

Jasonfags truly are a delusional bunch.

He died on the job. That should say enough about his fighting abilities.

Pretty sure there isn't a single member in the Batfamily who hasn't fucked him up.

Ace the Bat Hound

>Jason gets beaten to "death" in a manner of minutes
>Barbara is permanently paralyzed and horrifically traumatized in ways that not even Alan Moore was comfortable showing
>Jason got it worse

Whatever you say, retards. Jason got mercy compared to Babs' suffering.

Bruh I love Jason too, but Dick and probably Damian are better fighters. He's better than Tim and Babs, but in Batgirl the writer Idiot-Lady, I mean Simone, will always write that Babs was the best because women are the best and you're sexist if you think otherwise.

Pre-Flashpoint:
He took the same journey as Bruce did to train as Batman
Trained by the League of Assassins
Talia got the best Mercs, hackers, pilots to train him

Combat experience /= Training

Doing drills and going to practice isn't the same as game time.

He literally dies. He's rezzed, but he dies.

Most people would rather die than live as a paraplegic.

Bruce trained his whole life. Talia had him practice a bit with the League of Assassins when he was still autistic to prove to Ra's that he could be cured, and after dipping him in the Lazarus pit she gave him money and told him to get the fuck out and so he went travelling the world training a bit under various teachers, but not enough to completely master their craft.

Pre-52 Jason wasn't a good fighter. That's why he cut corners using weaponry and extreme prejudice.

>Is beaten to death with a crowbar before dying in a firebombing, then rezzed in one of the more traumatic ways possible in DC
>Gets trained in the "be good or be dead" school of Al'Ghul
>a few hours is worse than this.

To be fair, Simone is just terrible at power levels in general, male or female.

It's like when fucking Black Adam waited for back up against the Secret Six, a team he should be easily able to walk over.

This. There are moments where a bad guy surrenders or is suddenly rendered powerless just because their opponent is a woman.

Remember when Bat Girl's costume was suddenly electricity-proof and the super villain just laid down and surrendered?

Did he beat the good Shiva or Shivasaurus?

Well it's not like Jason is going to kill Barb. He'd have to hold back.

>Kate would probably beat him since she has more combat experience
She dropped out of Army training, so Jason is probably better in combat, at least with firearms, since he's constantly using them.

>Barbara was crippled for a few hours

that's why I liked Harper, she is useless without gadgets

kinda refreshing having such a character around now that everyone is an expert martial artist

she was under mind control during the fight, Jason was trying to break her out of it, which is why he held back and didnt shoot her

Remember that time he went to visit Tim in Titans Tower? Remember how Tim utterly stomped this man?

Me either.

bullshit damianfag.

>The whole point of Jason's character is that he was NEVER fit to be Robin.
Bullshit. He only died because of a poll.

See, there's original plans or intentions, and then there's how things turned out.

Do you even hypercrisis? The fans voted for him to die because it was necessary. It was the logical consequence of Bruce's mistake. Fiction and reality are NEVER separate.

He gets his shit pushed in by Damian, whines about never being as good as Dick, and then gets repeatedly beaten up by teenaged girls in BRE

>more than 50% of people who are permanently wheelchair-bound kill themselves

This is what you just said.

>4 robins

Jason dying was his own fault

most of the "training" he did with the League was him fighting trained assassin's trying to kill him, and almost all of the stuff he did with the mercs Talia hired was actual stuff in combat zones. so he has almost nothing but Combat Experience.

Could you please not argue with me? I'm actually better than you, so don't bother replying. And don't beg for mercy because you'll get none.

>School of Al'ghul
New CN show?

And Tynion also had him get KO'd by Harper Row, beaten up by Bane, beaten up by Azrael, overwhelmed by teenaged schoolgirls (just so Dick could save him), and KO'd by Mother (who was quickly taken down by Dick), so that's not much to go on

>he was NEVER fit to be Robin
hasn't Bruce said, multiple times, across almost every continuity, that Jason had/has the potential to be the best Robin? I think he even said he had the potential to be better then Bruce is once too?

no

I'd watch that.

you'll forgive me for not just taking you at your word.

No. I only remember something like that being said about Tim during Batman Hush. And then it was only that Tim wanted to be a detective whereas Dick was a thrill-seeker and Jason was an idiot.

Dude you're the one saying this has been said "multiple times" without a single fucking source.

Jason is pretty much a born jobber.

Being Jason is suffering.

What the duck are you talking about? Duke was cool in We Are Robin and now he has a shit costume, a shit code name and plays on the computer all day in the cave. He's basically just Bruce's nigger butler now

Well, that escalated fast

Some day only he will be able to take on the mantle of BatWing

did you miss the question mark on that sentence? A question is not a statement of fact.

ignore the manchild

wait which one is the manchild ?

Cred Forums

this one

He acknowledged that Jason was willing to do things batman wasn't. A semi insult/compliment.

so a better more efficient Batman then?

I said NO you fucking clod. Are you even listening? I'm fucking tired of people not understanding the difference between their stupid opinions and my facts.

>wait a minute... that gun

(You)

yeah, the movie was too busy kissing Batman's ass

as it should be
jason is a shit character anyway

Well, it's a story about Batman and the Joker. Red Hood has only been good as a one-time antagonist (two if you count Morrison's run).

That's really just a handwave excuse for his book to exist, when it doesn't make a lick of sense, seeing as Batman, Nightwing, and Robin have all been more effective using nonlethal methods than Jason has with lethal methods

This is the correct answer

I think it accurately depicts what a fucking edgelord he is.

He did get OHKO by a 10 year old, and twice at that.

He said that she better than all the ROBINS.

This. Jason is currently should be the best fighter out of all Robins especially considering his built.

He did. Miller also said that Jason has massive potential.

>That's really just a handwave excuse for his book to exist
Are you freaking kidding me?

The latter.

No, I IMPLIED most people who are not paraplegic will consider suicide if they become so.

You are wrong in more than one way.

Damian was literally trained from birth by the league of assassins. Real world combat experience he may not have as much as Jason but he is well versed in combat as his stories show.

He literally was stalling to find Batman, he straight up says "what took you so long?" when Batman finally shows up and then he murders that guy

>let me put training in quotes to make a better point.

Really, his training is having attempts on his life by trained assassins?

Like what every other Robin goes through?

Difference between Jason and the others is Jason was taught by the people the others beat up regularly.

Don't confuse what they put Damian through with Jason's experience. Damian was the really well trained one. Jason's experience brought him in green speedo to Titans Tower to get his ass kicked by a teen.

Yes, he's said that of every Robin.

Also every Robin could be a better Batman than he.

It's true.

The character is superfluous, only brought back for the sales his return would generate.

Now he just sticks around waiting for the next writers take in him.

>The character is superfluous

You forgot the after being sold to the joker by his mom and this being beaten to death happening while she watches.