This movie was fucking good, man...

This movie was fucking good, man, I just watched it again for the first time since it came out and I can confidently say it's one of the best super hero/co/shit movies of the year.....and yet, people will still dismiss it because "hurr TMNT is just le toy commercial" meme or the "Hurrr Michael Bay is le devul ruined mah childhood" meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first half is pretty bad

Second half feels similar to the 80s cartoon

I enjoyed it despite its's blatant flaws.

What did you think was bad about the first half? I thoroughly enjoyed all of it

The only "flaws" I can think of are things that would be dumb to bitch given the subject matter, you know like idea that a katana can cut through a robot like butter and other dumb crap that just comes with the territory

>This movie was fucking good, man
Nah it kinda sucked

Someone stream it pls

TMNT was great. Why don't people ever compare movies like this to the Marvel and DC films? It's still superheroes and comics. In my own opinion, TMNT is better.

i loved it. it was fun, i like fun movies.
I'm still holding out for a third, but i know not to get my hopes up too high.

It had some good moments, I was thoroughly entertained by the action pieces and the banter, and Bebop and Rocksteady are fucking great.
That said, Shredder and Krang were terrible in it.

You couldn't really tell if they were going for a goofy Shredder or a serious one (I would've made him goofier and play straight man to B&R a lot more) and Krang was outright terrible. There wasn't a single other Dimension X being; just him needing a macguffin to conquer Earth because evil. I don't ask for depth on Krang, but that's just fucking lazy.

I love Will Arnett, but I would drop him from this movie in a heartbeat. And the schoolgirl disguise scene Megan Fox has is just insulting to everyone, including her.

What can I say, OP. I liked the movie, but it is in no way good.

>I just watched it again for the first time

>.and yet, people will still dismiss it because "hurr TMNT is just le toy commercial" meme or the "Hurrr Michael Bay is le devul ruined mah childhood" meme

No, it's-

>Shredder is completely wasted and get's jobbed instantaneously after fianlly putting on the helmet

Even fucking Secret of the Ooze let him do something, anything, before that childhood ruining peir landed on him(Yes, it was in the second movie, but let's not pretend any kid thought that was good. There's no nostalgia there.)

Instead, they hype him up all movie and then just put him away, no team up at all. Fuck that.

>Beebop and Rocksteady never get to fight the turtles

They cut away from most of it during the plane fight, and then they never get to fight them again.

>April and Vernon take down Karai. Not even Casey! It's April and Vernon!

Come the fuck on!

I went in wanting a cartoon, and left disappointed.

First time since it came out*, implying I saw it during it's initial release.

>TMNT was great. Why don't people ever compare movies like this to the Marvel and DC films? It's still superheroes and comics.

Toy commercial meme. TMNT is more toyetic than Marvel and DC and so apparently to some narrow minded morons that automatically means any media associated with it is "just for kids", but since comic books include the reading skills of a 3rd grader they are adult stuff.

>Instead, they hype him up all movie and then just put him away, no team up at all. Fuck that.

What was Shredder supposed to do exactly? He didn't even have his Megatron costume...he was outclassed and Krang fucked him. Besides, regardless of if it happens now they obviously were planning sequels here...Shredder would have came back, Krang was supposed to be the big bad this time around.

>>Beebop and Rocksteady never get to fight the turtles
This doesn't really bother me, the turtles can't use their weapons in any meaningful way against enemies not armored to shit, robotic, stock guys that can be taken out in one blow, or also using ninja weapons to defend against their strikes, since this isn't R rated

>April and Vernon take down Karai. Not even Casey! It's April and Vernon!
Literally the only complaint of yours I can agree with, that's lame but honestly it's minor lameness to me...I don't give two shits about Karai ultimately but yeah I do recognize how stupid that is

What is that pic from? I keep seeing pics of this powergirl and it turns my heart to jelly

Pls sauce

It was dumb in all the best ways.

MY MAN!

Only two complaints:
-Casey Jones. Why? He had less to do than Splinter and he was just... not very Casey Jones-y

-The actor playing Shredder killed it, he shoulda had a chance to do more stuff.

>bo beep

my bias towards donnie has me lacking in gifs of the other boys.

Donnie is adorbs in that movie, so I understand.

he really is

>he was just... not very Casey Jones-y
thats because he was nothing like Casey Jones. The Hockey Mask is pretty much the only thing remotely "Casey Jones" about him and even that was somehow wrong.

Stephen Amell can't fucking act and he didn't want to grow his hair for Casey, I mean why was he in this movie?

i think it was literally to draw in the younger/teen audiences because of his role in arrow (i think?
i don't know what he's in), but it was all for the CW crowd.

didn't he audition for the role wearing a wig with longer darker hair?

It's pretty shit, but it's fun.
I wish they went full Secret of the Ooze in terms of goofy cheese, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. You can tell the people making it loved the series when they were kids.

>Technodrome has an eyeball
>Vanilla Ice is playing on the jukebox
>Hip-hop Christmas Album
>Those ending credits

If a third one gets made, I hope we get something super wild. More kung-fu, a more traditional Casey Jones, more Krang, also make sure Tyler Perry turns into a fly.

Hell, I'll write the plot right now.
>New police chief comes in, has it out for the Ninja Turtles
>They've gotta lay low again
>Casey quits the force, grows out his hockey hair, goes full vigilante
>Fighting the Foot and Purple Dragons
>Foot are experimenting with mutagen, turn Baxter into a fly for funsies
>Eventually Krang returns
>Intends to make a mutant army to conquer Earth
>Starts making mutants while hiding underground, the first of whom becomes General Traag
>Climax is a big fight where the Turtles have to go up against characters like Slash, Traag, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, etc while the Technodrome plows through the city
>Turtles fight their way into the Technodrome to fight Krang
>Krang reveals his final experiment
>"IT'S A SUPER-SHREDDER!"
>We actually get a fight this time, Splinter and Casey are in on it
>Mutants are stopped, Technodrome is destroyed, Shredder is dead, Krang is gone
>Cowabunga, roll credits
>Post-credits shows Shredder reclaiming control of the Foot Clan, revealing that he's actually Krang in a Shredder suit

Oh yeah, and the movie has to open on an action sequence, maybe against Fly Baxter.
First shot is a look at the skyline, then the subtitle fades in:
>BIG APPLE, 3AM

fund it

I don't like that they changed the individual outfits. The first movie may have sucked, but I liked how distinct the turtles looked.

Especially Leonardo.

>revealing that he's actually Krang in a Shredder suit
Only thing I'd change is make this actual Shredder, alive and back to his normal form.
Give no explanation whatsoever.

>Shredder is totally alive
>Gives a big dramatic Shredder speech to his goons
>Walks into a back room
>Removes his helmet
>Krang is hooked up to some shitty Earth computers
>"This is so undignified..."
>Obligatory blueprints for robotic Foot Soldiers, a giant robot body, and a Technodrome with tank treads is visible

youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8
Invader Zim guy does ninja turtles

>I GOING TO BED.
Splinter was fucking great in this.

Also april O neil thread

>If a third one gets made, I hope we get something super wild. More kung-fu

It's about ninjas, if anything it should be more like old school ninja movie cheese rather than Honk Kong flicks

It felt like a Ninja Turtles movie, plain and simple. Fun, action, and a few serious moments. Reminded me of the first couple movies. I loved it.

Casey Jones was a little rough for me, but Stephen Amell did a good job with the character as it was written. If only he could have grown long, flowing locks of dark hair overnight.

...No wigs, though. We won't go through that again.

Donnie is best turtle, no shame in favoring him.

I mean, more martial arts action than Transformers-style "CGI mashing against CGI type stuff".

you realize you're just incapable of following the admittedly-very-complicated action in those movies, right?
i mean the stupid blurring and shakycam doesn't help, but the actual action is astoundingly well-choreographed, and the shit they do is top notch

It's not the same action.

>Krang suddenly out of nowhere
>Shredder was a retard
>Bebop and Rocksteady were fucking annoying
>Stephen Amell was horrible
>Megan Fox and Will Arnett were still horrible
>barely had any ninjas
>trashy and confusing CGI action scenes
>final fight was dejavu from the first one
>Splinter's role is nothing more than just an exposition
other than the skydiving sequence and the turtles, this movie is still as clusterfuck as the predecessor. I didn't care with the nostalgia references, I just wanna see a good movie.

TMNT was never about that kind of action though, it has always been incredibly and extremely Western, much like Mortal Kombat or something along those lines...it adopted Eastern things cause it was as trendy at the time as zombies are now but it never really was legitimate

>>Krang suddenly out of nowhere
Every villain doesn't need to have an extensive backstory....that's actually a very modern trend and really doesn't usually fit in action movies where it's about a primitive battle of good vs. evil

>>Bebop and Rocksteady were fucking annoying
They were retarded henchmen, same as they have always been

>>Stephen Amell was horrible
I'll agree there

>>Megan Fox and Will Arnett were still horrible
Disagree

>>barely had any ninjas
Ok you're fucking stupid, there were plenty of times the Foot clan fought the turtles both of which were ninjas, unlike the last movie

>>trashy and confusing CGI action scenes
Stop watching it on your computer monitor then you dumbass, I mean I can but I'm not easily confused by CG

>>final fight was dejavu from the first one
Kinda, but uh let's be honest....the biggest complaint among me and everybody I grew up with in the original movie was how they all took turns to fight Shredder and got their asses kicked, either way it's generic but the generic group right is better than the generic ass kicking one at a time

>>Splinter's role is nothing more than just an exposition
Another thing I can agree with, but I don't care because I never watched anything TMNT for Splinter

>Fishmouths

kissable turtle lips

It was more entertaining than civil war

It had flaws, some of the pacing was a bit too fast in parts, and a couple of the jokes fell flat, but when it was good, it was really fun. I enjoyed the cartoonish nature of the movie, Krang's design was neat, Bebop and Rocksteady were genuinely fun.

That opening shot with the turtles though was such a blatant 3D type scene, that it felt like I would have gotten motion sickness had I seen it in a theater.

it wasn't

A tumblr comic called JL8 and you posted 5 hours ago and you won't see this probably.

It was good despite all caseys effort to drag the film down.
I remember the final fight being a bit boring though but I cannot remember why.

The last 30 minutes of the movie ruined the whole thing. And i was really enjoying the movie up until that point. Karai being knocked out by being hit in the shoulder with a laptop was stupid, the fight between b&r and Casey was lackluster and the fight between the turtles and Kraang ended as quickly as it started

I liked it because I like the Ninja Turtles but the movie was kind of a mess because they tried doing too much. Shredder is underutilized AGAIN, Karai gets beaten by Casey Jones, Krang shouldn't have been in it at all except maybe as a teaser for the third in a trilogy, and that whole plot about "Donatello made a retromutagen that could turn us human" could've almost been an entire movie by itself.

Bebop and Rocksteady were tons of fun but damn if I wish the movie wasn't so crammed full of stuff. It couldn't breathe.

Better than the first, still had its flaws though not as many this time around.

Biggest gripe would be Casey Jones, absolutely nothing like the earlier incarnations, it's a complete opposite.

They should've taken the opportunity to recast April, Megan Fox is just not good in general (on the subject, notice how they used a hand double for close ups to hide her nubbly thumbs)

Bebop and Rocksteady were great though.

>Huh, I'm a little piggy

Better than the 2014 film and The third movie

that's all I can give it.

>he was just... not very Casey Jones-y
He was actually Nobody.

>First film
>Has Shredder lead a team of soliders
>instead of Bishop

>Second film
>Casey is a cop turned vigilante
>instead of Nobody

it was shit.

>Hip-hop Christmas Album
they reused the same joke from the 2014 film though.

The first film the turtles were way overdesigned, these were better by far.

i want donnie to read to me. he can read any ol thing.

Where should I start if I were going to get into TMNT comics?

It's only good if you're a fan. As someone who was dragged into it cause of kids, it was pretty below average.

Like, among popcorn summer movies, I prefer it over something like IndeDay 2 crap but would watch Jurrasic World again rather than this. So it's pretty eh as a movie for a non TMNT guy.

>It's only good if you're a fan
as a huge tmnt fan, I found it overall meh.