It's Official: Bendis finally leaves the Guardians

>marvel.com/news/comics/26742/marvel_now_hear_this_guardians_of_the_galaxy?linkId=29006582

The nightmare will soon be over!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>As the saying goes, all good [lol no] things must come to an end. Brian Michael Bendis knows this better than anyone after opening and closing his fair share of comic series over the years. His latest soon-to-end run will kick off with GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #15 in a story called “Grounded” this December.

>Thanks to a call for help from Captain Marvel, the Guardians traveled to Earth in an effort to help out, but with the Civil War II conflict coming to an end, they’re left with a problem: they’ve got no way off this green and blue rock. Luckily for the various members, they have new ongoing series ready to launch, but before the squad goes their separate ways, Bendis and artist Valerio Schiti plan on giving them an appropriately epic sendoff.

>We talked with Bendis about his plans for going out in style.

>Marvel.com: With Civil War II coming to a close, how do the Guardians feels about getting involved in this conflict?

>Brian Michael Bendis: Conflicted. Like everyone else in the Marvel Universe. Sides are drawn. Everyone came back to Earth as a favor to Carol, but when they got here they were faced with the moral choice. Some, like Peter, see Carol’s hard choices as big truths that need to happen and others see Tony’s side totally.

>And in the battle they lost their ship and now have no way home. Yes, there are spaceships on Earth—at least three—but they aren’t for sale and nowhere near as advanced as the one Rocket put together for them.

>Marvel.com: What does being stuck on Earth mean for the Guardians themselves? I'm guessing some won’t take kindly to be being in just one place for a long period of time.
Brian Michael Bendis: Some get to go have their favorite pizza and reunite with old friends and maybe even call it a night for their Guardians tour of duty. Peter gets to see what life would be like as an Earthbound super hero. Kitty gets to go find the X-Men…

>And then there is Rocket and Groot. That is an entirely different story.

>Marvel.com: On the other hand, the readers might enjoy seeing these space-bound characters interacting with a few familiar faces. Were there some specific characters you’d been just waiting to meet the Guardians?

>Brian Michael Bendis: Yes. I do want those to be a page turn surprise so you’ll pardon my vagueness, but it does give us a lot of “Star Trek IV” stuck-on-Earth-fun. They are almost all fish out of water and those who aren’t, like Venom, have changed so much from their travels that it’s a whole new world to them.

>Marvel.com: This arc will also lead into solo ongoing series for the members of the team. What has the communication been like between you and the writers of those books?

>Brian Michael Bendis: This is where Jordan [White] and the other editors shine. Other than the friendship-ending disagreements between me, Chip [Zdarsky] and Kris Anka over Peter Quill’s facial hair, the writers seem to get a big kick out of classic fish out of water stories for their characters.

>When you’re writing a team book and a franchise book part of the fun is throwing out ideas and story concepts for other writers to pick up and play with if they see fit.

>Marvel.com: How do you feel about the place you’ll be leaving these characters with this last arc after shepherding them along for several years?

>Brian Michael Bendis: Well, even though we are ending most of the last arc on Earth we are still leaving big. Big! First of all, as some readers already know, Thanos is on Earth. When Gamora and Drax get ahold of this information all hell is going to break loose. We have an issue about Groot that is all told in a style that is a big tip of the cat hat to Dr. Seuss, one of those ideas that is much harder to pull off than you might think.

>And a big triple or quadruple sized 100-page big finale that is going to wrap up my very long, longest actually, run on Guardians. A lot is going to happen.

>All this plus, Ben Grimm comes back home; we discover why he went out to space in the first place and why he is going to stay on Earth. It ties right into INFAMOUS IRON MAN.

This interview was cringey as fuck but Bendis is leaving, it's all good.

Now they better not fuck up with the next writer.

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Now finally i can shout out of my langs:

FUCK YOU BENDISSSSS!!!!

Finally the 1st good sign from Marvel in long time!

>X Men
>Avengers
>Spider-man
>GOTG/cosmic
>smaller shit like Jessica, Daredevil, Iron Man

What else is there for him to ruin?
Spencer seems to have Cap shit firmly grasped, same with Aaron and Thor/Strange and Coates and BP, and Captain Marvel is already announced for a relaunch without him.

Inhumans? Other smaller books like Defenders?

Inhumans? I mean, how could it get worse? I almost want bendis on inhumans, it could use a little worse

He will most likely write defenders. Screencap this post folks. You know i am right.

Who is that to the right of Star Lord? I kind of like her costume/design.

>Modern Marvel
No, there's still much more cleaning to be done

I don't know, but Marvel should keep him out of any team, event or major character book from now on. It's good to see that Marvel finally get his ass out of the Guardians.

Kitty Pryde, cause you know, Bendis...

Well, it's a start

Anyone have the "Oh shit" Star Lord reaction image?

>And a big triple or quadruple sized 100-page big finale that is going to wrap up my very long, longest actually, run on Guardians. A lot is going to happen.

>longest actually
Can't keep from gloating can you Bendis? Yes people will remember this as the longest and shittiest and most torturous run of GotG ever that was pointless and should be easily dismissed.

Even peoole who liked it when it started where glad you finally are leaving the title.

How long will it probably take for the next writer to un-fuck almost four years of Bendis?

Which one?

>Bendis off Guardians
>Last arc grounds them on Earth and breaks up the team
This is some monkey's paw bullshit. Which one of you fuckers did this?

So Ben's gonna go push Dooms shit in I assume?

Oh god no please no.....an user that claimed to be a Marvel intern a few months ago said Bendis would be leaving Guardians in the fall and after the reboot Slott would take over.[\spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=sU4mDyj8DSI

Well he once said that it was his goal tobwrite every single Marvel character title ever and since he likes to wank himself on popular titles nowadays I am thinking Thor, Captain America, Deadpool, and Hulk then maybe when the movies kick up Black Panther, Doctor Dtrange, or Captain Marvel.

Also from the Jessica Jones solicits of her discovering some deep and shocking Hydra plot that has been going on forever, it seems like Benis wanted in on the Captain Hydra shit so I am guessing he will be butting in on Spencer's story and ruining that too by forcing Spencer to also include JJ in his Captain Hydra story (so far UA and Tbolts are the only titles that are confirmed to be included since Spencer has talks with Duggan and the Tbolts writer about it).

So guys.... Who at Marvel can redeem modern cosmic now that the tyrant is gone?

Oh God, please no. Not to the other one.

Marvel please do not correct a mistake, by making another.

fuck you for making me remember that

you better be that user and toying with us

>Black Panther

There will never be a writer on that book who isn't black himself in this day and age. T'Challa is safe.

Ewing? He could probably use the dozens of alien races already in continuity instead of just focusing on Movie Guardians.

Next writer can come in and redo the team minus Kitty, Flash, Ben and Angela, round up the actual Guardians and blast off because maybe Rich found them a new space ship or whatever.

Cmon man. Literally any asspull could pull them back together and off earth by the time GotG2 is in theaters or Blu-Ray.

>Bendis leaves after fucking the GotG one last time by stranding them on Earth and separating them.

>so far UA and Tbolts are the only titles that are confirmed to be included since Spencer has talks with Duggan and the Tbolts writer about it).
You'd have to be delusional to not believe that FalCap will tie-in eventually.

Oh, for sure. It wouldn't be hard to kick them off this backwater hellhole.

But until that happens...

He is nasty bastard, isn't he?

Fuck you, man. Inhumans needs someone like Ewing or Robinson that actually cares about continuity. Their biggest problem right now is the fact that it feels disconnected from all the inhumans books that came before it outside of a wink and nod here and there.

He's been talking about doing a Heroes for Hire book for, what, 6 years now?

Bendis leaving was a given before that user said anything because the solicits had already marketed this run as Bendis' final epic.

This is just Marvel making it official.

I rather it end than give Bendis another shot, DESU.

That's nice, but when's Slott leaving Spider-Man?

Bendis and Slott are in a penis measuring contest to see who can write the longest spider-man run

One of them has to die or commit some horrendous crime and get arrested

>Slott does Silver Surfer
>Slott does GOTG

Its like pottery

>What else is there for him to ruin?
Well the only major franchise he hasn't touched is... oh no.

No shit, FalCap is by the same writer but yeah I forgot about that, obviously it will tie in.

Don't underestimate the Benis, he will find a way to be black.

I am praying he gets a cosmic book if he decides to write a 3rd book,

>FF comes back with Bendis

MONKEY PAW CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

I would love Ewing to write GotG but it seems he is happy with Ultimates and he's getting his Cosmic kick from them.

Honestly Marvel should bring new talent or get one of the good vet writers that they haven't pissed off.

Also I like what PAD did with his Captain Marvel run so I would totally read his GotG.

>replacing Bendis with the one writer that would be even worse for GotG

He's only writing Silver Surfer because Marvel is letting him write Doctor Who fanfiction.

Slott is good at ideas but a bad writer
Bendis is just boring
at least Slott is a continuity fag besides his Silver Surfer run

I hope that Kitty will get her ass out of the Guardians, now that she will not be anymore Bendis's waifu (i wonder did he really masturbate with her image?)

He already has Doom and since Johnny is with the Avengers and Inhumans he's busy so Bendis will replace him with Kitty Pryde and make it the Fantastic Jews.

>We have an issue about Groot that is all told in a style that is a big tip of the cat hat to Dr. Seuss, one of those ideas that is much harder to pull off than you might think.

Why let me guess, because it required actual writing skills to imitate Dr. Seuss, which Bendis did not have?

>One of them has to die or commit some horrendous crime and get arrested

All right Cred Forums, I know this might be a lot to ask, but we need one of you to take a nephew or even your own child (so long as they're young enough) and take them into Slott's house in the middle of night and take some candid photos of that smug fat fuck in legally compromising scenarios with the aforementioned child and then send them to the relevant legal authorities. Death is too good for him.

This mean we can have good Agent Venom again?

It all lines up too. Bendis has always liked The Thing, which is why he added him to both New Avengers and Guardians. He also turned Doom into Iron Man.

It is now within the cancellation level.

It looks like Kitty will be back with the X-Men, I am pretty sure ine if the X-writers is a Kittyfag and wanted her but since Bendis had her he couldn't use her.

But yeah she's off and good riddance.

Remember when people thought Marvel NOW would have a Bendis Heroes for Hire book because of New Avenger's final page?

Sweet I can start reading spider-man again.

>There will never be a writer on that book who isn't black himself in this day and age. T'Challa is safe.

All Bendis has to say is the magic word "Black Power" and he'll be allowed on the book.

>Slott writes GotG and makes Surfer and Dawn part of the team and continues with the Doctor Who faggotry but he has more than 4 companions now.

Uuughhhhhh

>Slott is good at ideas

Right, such clever and interesting ideas as everyone is Spider-Man, Doc Ock is Spider-Man, Silver Surfer is Doctor Who and Spider-Man is Iron-Man. The guy is about as creatively bankrupt as Bendis, but at least the latter can write a decent joke once in a blue moon while Slott couldn't scramble to make one even if his life depended on it.

Cred Forums!is it...over?

>Thunderbolts movie is announced and Bendis takes over

The only title that's safe is ASM because Bendis did USM and he has his pet Spider so he has no interest in ASM.

Remender's Agent Venom was a tightly-written story (save for one pretty cool crossover) that resulted in Flash burning bridges with most of the Spider-Man supporting cast. Bunn's run was less interesting but at least he cared about the character.

>tfw you remember somebody at DC pitched this years ago as DC's first black hero to get his own book

And here you thinking that things couldn't get worse for the F4...Apparently they can.

Oh shit, that's right. I was so focused on how terrible Slott is I forgot how good that would be for Spidey.

Slott on guardians means he might be of spider-man

It sounds like Guardians is disbanding for a while, they'll all be stuck on earth or whatever and Bendis will have final say on cosmic Marlel and this team. How is this a good thing? I mean it is a good thing, but almost too bittersweet, ain't it?

I can think of like half a dozen of final pages that implied a heroes for hire book would be spinning out of it that never ended up happening.

Guardians disbanding and being stuck on Earth is Bendis' last arc. Then whoever gets put on Guardians after Bendis can rebuild the team however he sees fit in other words, the movies' sequels' roster.

People are happy about this, but I'm not sure they should be.

The X-Men continued to be terrible after Bendis left, because he salted the fucking Earth.
The same will be true of the Guardians, and now Bendis' time is free for ruining another team/IP.

X Men are shit because marvel wants to retread the "X men are going extinct!" thing and keeps giving Lemire and shit writers the books

Too bad all the damage has been done and just like gay Iceman all of it will stick so FUCK YOU Jew and your disgusting ego!

So from the look of things, every character will get their own spotlight issue. We all know Venom is gonna go because Flash will lose the symbiote and Bendis was stupid enough to spoil at the end that Thing will also call it quits. It seems like Angela is gone already if we go by that cover. The only one I'm not sure is Kitty. She certainly isn't on any future X-Men covers even when Rogue is, and Marvel is quite adamant on hurting any chance of the X-books getting sales. I wonder if that means she'll stay on the team or leave with Bendis to Miles/Ironheart/Jones (not Infamous since we know Thing will go there).

Kitty has no business being in space. She was only on the team because she's Bendis' waifu.

If she gets to be the only Earth link of the Guardians she sure has chances of staying.

Because you're delusional if you think there won't be an Earth based character on the team that can link the team to Earth for events and added sales, no matter who's writing.

>Kitty gets to go find the X-Men…
hahahahahaha xfags thought you had gotten rid of the benis, are you ready for Uncanny X-Men 601

>Slott and Bendis trade places
>Bendis writes Spidey

kill. me.

After the Hydra Cap debacle, I can see Spencer being Dead Man Walking, being allowed to finish his storyline with it clear that he'll be gone by the time it's wrapped up. And Bendis, clearly is a leech and I can see him trying to revitalize his career via writing Cap so he can cash in on the current Movie!Cap mania in fandom and doing bullshit like resurrecting Peggy Carter and making Bucky canon-gay for Cap and the three having a threesome and shit.

Alternatively, I can seem him get his mitts on the Fantastic Four for relaunch (especially since the FF has the ready made out to bring Kitty onboard, which was both Byrne and Claremont's wet dream a while back).

Worse case scenario is that he takes over Avengers again.

>Thanks to a call for help from Captain Marvel, the Guardians traveled to Earth in an effort to help out, but with the Civil War II conflict coming to an end, they’re left with a problem: they’ve got no way off this green and blue rock.

I knew Bendis would find a way to write an issue the Guardians eating at the table.

Needing an earth link character for events sounds retarded. Earth can still be cosmic for the guardians without the filthy Jew!

The guardians will never be free

Considering the only other runs on GotG were Jim Valentino's 62 issue run back in the 90s and DnA's 25-issue 00s run it's not even that much of an achievement. It's kind of like Max Collins gloating about having the longest Wild Dog run in comics.

>Worse case scenario is that he takes over Avengers again.

I don't neccesarily think that'll be a worse case scenario since (if the last few years are any indication) it'll actually go badly for Marvel and Bendis if he goes back to Avengers.

Oh good finally people can stop pretending they actually cared about GoTG just to bitch about Bendis

>the Guardians traveled to Earth in an effort to help out, but with the Civil War II conflict coming to an end, they’re left with a problem: they’ve got no way off this green and blue rock.

How is this suppose to be problem when just about every superhero group has a space ship? Shit, just take one from the FF, they aren't using them.

Do you think Slott might end up writing the GOTG?

that user had dubs
he was obviously telling the truth

>Bendis lord will finally be revealed to be a skrull
>Nova Prime will finally return
>Kitty pryde will fuck off to earth to star in Bendis next work
>Grimm will fuck off back to earth
>We'll actually get some more decent Cosmic shit

Is that why he's trying to boost the sales on Clone Conspiracy?

He's only written a 40 issue run, not counting any future releases. Is he including the spin-off titles too, like the Battleworld tie-in?

You're putting WAY too much faith in NuMarvel, user. Haven't you learned anything by now?

>he think's Ryder will be back

>Ryder

kys Benis

Oh boy, I can't wait for characters to randomly die in awful ways for no reason then come back later. Also, who's ready for the best Guardian of them all: Donut Steel! Their power is to be the bestest and most special person to ever live ever!

Fuck Slott. Fuck Marvel. I want to scream. Marvel's done dumb shit throughout their publication history, but this might be the absolute shittiest era they've ever had.

Wake me when they bring back Vance Astro and the original crew.

Kitty was in Guardians because Bendis and wanted her therr, Kitty is primarily an X character and if a future GotG writer doesn't want to to use her they don't have to, plus Bendis will break up the team and leave them broken until a future writers decides to put them together.

The reason Kitty might not be in thr covers is because a cover with her wasn't done or requested. Mayday along with other characters weren't in the covers of Web Warriors (promarily because cover artists didn't know she eas there and weren't told to put her in there) and they were in the comics.

Maybe the writer for those comics has a story for Rogue in mind or maybe Kitty wasn't added to the story until later when it was known that Bendis was leaving GotG, cover artists do covers for issues in advance nefore the writer and the interior artist finish the stories and sometimes writers change their minds or have their stories bumped to next issue or whatever.

So Kitty not being in the covers for the X comics means shit about her being in the GotG.

Or maybe the current X-writers don't care about Kitty and she'll be in limbo until they decide to use her.

Star Lord's right or our right? Star Lord's right is Kitty Pryde for whatever reason. Our right is Venom.

GotG has Peter and Drax as terrans, they also don't need to be linked to earth or whatever the fuck since the whole fish out of water thing is what is being milked here in the grounded issues.

When they are in space they aren't on earth so it doesn’t matter.

But lets say they need the earth link for whatever reason, Mantis can fucking fulfill that easily since she's the most earth savy Guardian and she was with the Avengers.

Kitty is not needed she was only there for waifuism and Bendis is leaving so the waifu leaves with him.

>implying he won't just put Spider-Man on the guardians for no reason so if you wanna read the full story you gotta pick up a copy of GotG then a copy of Spider-Man then another copy of GotG etc

I guess? I wouldn't be surprised if Bendis is enough of a retard to think DnA created the Guardians team.

Like he said that besides having vague knowledge about Gamora and Drax he didn’t know who Star-Lord, Rocket and Groot were before he was offered the GotG comic and he initially didn't want to write it, he was only convinced after he read the Claremont Star-Lord comics to write GotG.

So can we guess it's approximately ending next summer (so around 7 to 9 issues) with relaunch in September/October so the next volume has the first TPB ready for the movie?

Who knows, we already knew Bendis was off GotG from a solicit before this was posted so it can also be fake.

Isn't Bendis a Jew and can just go "I'm not white, I'm Jewish so I totally know what it's like for blacks." or am I confusing him with another Marvel writer?

They did but no one bought their comics.

We will only get them back if the next GotG writer gives a fuck about them.

Fucking Bendis and his decompression I hope they force him to shorten shit even if its half assed.

Why is Bendis so hated? I liked ultimate spider-man.

It's honestly too late. They've been fucked to death too hard. Bendis on Guardians may as well have been the One More Day/Sins Past of the group.

Well you could just get a couple of females together and have them say slott raped them it's them vs a whit guy there no way he can win. and no child has to be molested by that fat fuck.

user if you want Slot or Bendis to molest a child just give a child one of their comics, it'd do the same job.

Nah mate
Assuming he doesn't even touch what Humphries set up in his book (which he won't do), he still has on the table
>whatever "resolution" he's planned with Hala the OP accuser
>Kitty/X-men reunion
>Ben/Iron Doom clash that will take at least an issue
>the Groot issue he talks about in the interview
>some sort of closure for Gamora's previously unexistent daddy issues because of course that won't end in the CWII tie-ins
>resolution to whatever the Brood queen and Annihilus planned together as we have to learn what they set in motion and the menace has to be defeated
Also the second trade has issues 6-10, assuming the third one has 11-14 plus some filler shit, I doubt that Bendis will only shit out 5 or 6 more issues considering the last one will be oversized

He hasn't written a decent book in years, his own character (Miles) suffers from being under him because all he manages to write for him are dull stories.

Why doesn't Bendis do a Guardians of the Galaxy: disassembled? That way he can kill off the lame guardians.

Did Slott ever think that if people wanted to see Doctor Who, they wouldn't just watch the show instead of reading other people act like him?

No god awful writer reigns forever my son.

>And then the whole restaurant applauded

>they’re left with a problem: they’ve got no way off this green and blue rock
This is going to be contrived as fuck, isn't it? There's no way the GotG couldn't just ask Alpha Flight for a ship, or contact one of their MANY MANY allies in space to pick them up. Or just borrow a ship from the Avengers or the X-Men.

>Yes, there are spaceships on Earth—at least three—but they aren’t for sale and nowhere near as advanced as the one Rocket put together for them.
Yup, this reeks of contrived bullshit. "At least three"? I know for a fact that there's dozens of spaceships, this is the MU for pete's sake.
Being "stuck on Earth" has never been a problem for anyone, if they wanted to go to space, they were there the very same day.

Captain Marvel, the person that called them in, has a fleet of them sitting in low Earth orbit.

Or Read the Dr who comic instead.

>Bendis FF with Iron Doom, Kitty, Miles, and Luke Cage
The worst part is that he'll be praised for doing this

>The Amazing Spider-Man

He'll kill Peter to make Miles the main Spider-Man for years to come, then we'll apologize to Slott.

He'd try but Peter he'd try to kill off peter in some kind of bullshit way, which would make everybody at Marvel mad and everybody who like Spider-Man extremely mad.
There is no way to kill off Peter that would satisfiy anybody. Bendis trying to off Peter in 616 would end his career.

>only kept Kitty and Star Lord alive.
>Gamora kills Rocket
>Groot leaves out of anger and becomes an alcoholic
>Bendis forgets to write about Drax because he doesn't care about continuity
>Thing stay on earth
>Venom becomes a villain again

Ben is fine. Kitty, Angela and Flash can fuck right off.