Gotham

>Vickie Vale is Asian
Why do they keep changing people's race? You know if a white person did this to a black person, we would be raciest. WHY?

Thats her aunt valerie

So what's her last name?

Why do they keep making minorites be with white guys? That's racist as fuck, an asian should only be a romantic interest to another asian

OK she did say Valerie. However, that would mean by default that Vickie too is Asian. Which means that they did do it.

Over the years it's something we as a society have come to expect I suppose.

Because there's less black people to do it to.
Vale.
>People are mad at the Bruce Lee movie where Not!Steve McQueen fucks an Asian girl

She could be adopted.

Why do you care? Are you insecure in your whiteness? Is it threatened?

>Asian with a non Asian last name
Is she married or adopted?

Hollywood has no reasonable foresight

Or she changed it.

Could just be changed when they immigrated

She could also be half asian.

Foresight for what user? These changes don't mean much unless you want them too.

I doubt it

A l-little
WHAT DO I GOTTA BE INSECURE ABOUT? ASIANS HAVE SMALL DICKS!!

I really doubt this because at this point, Jimmy is Black, The west's are black... Do I need to go on? Hollywoo is pandering to it's idiot TV goers while pissing off it's ACTUAL supportive fan

>Do I need to go on? Hollywood is pandering to it's idiot TV goers while pissing off it's ACTUAL supportive fan

Comic book readers probably make up less than 1% of the potential viewing audience for a tv show.

Are you actually a batman comic book fan? How many batman comics have you read? Have you actually read any with Vicki Vale?
How does her change in ethnicity of her aunt affect you feeling towards her characterization?

Go on, answer me.

That's not Vicky Vale. That's Valerie Vale you deaf shit.

>However, that would mean by default that Vickie too is Asian. Which means that they did do it.
I don't think you know how relations work. The vale family could be a bunch of brothers, one of which has yellow fever and thereby is Vicki's aunt

Also WHO THE FUCK CARES

Cause asians(actually SJW and neofeminist in general) complain about whitewashing. While white people shouldn't be bothered by retarded things like this, if the race is not "important" for the character.

Do you hate David Caradines Fung Fu show?

Comic books used to depict mostly white people in the past because, well, society was all kinds of fucked up. But showing white people as being a majority, as if people of other colors didn't exist, wasn't a faithful depiction of our society. That's why there's an effort to correct that in current media.

Or maybe she has an Asian mom/white dad? I have a good friend who is filipino with the whitest last name ever due to that scenario.

I've been reading comics since I was around 16 (24 now), I've read as many batman comics as I can. I do not recall that many as it is but if there is a character that is meant to be white or black or asian, then why portray them as something else.

Also, I do not owe you an explanation. I am a DC comic fan, I do read comics, I wouldn't be here if I didn't and I was a basic normie, watching for explosions and shit.

See above

Even by that logic, how can you say she isn't blood at all? you don't know that and neither do I. If this show goes back as far as I think it does, that means that Vickie is prolly not even born yet

You'd think that for people like Jimmy. So why even then? An important character like Jimmy that's in EVERY ep, that should mean something right?

No one here is old enough to have watched that Grandpa caught a few reruns, was pretty boring
To be fair the issue isn't actually about being true to character or intrinsic asianess of characters being lost but rather they just want representation. Most are willing to take it where they can and some explicitly want less white people as well.

You do know you can have aunts you're not biologically related to, right? Not everyone's a hillbilly product of incest like you.

Maybe she had the best audition.
Asian Hugo Strange knocked it out of the park to use an example from the same show.

>incest
By default, everyone on the face of the earth shares 1% DNA with the next human.

But no. It's possible but means nothing. Why are you defending this so hard? Are you an SJW?

>Hollywoo is pandering to it's idiot TV goers while pissing off it's ACTUAL supportive fan

Such fans that they fail completely to recognize that it's not even the same character that they are whining about.

I was about to argue Caradine is pretty famous and known. Then I realized people probably only know him from Kill Bill.

Oh no, not the precious, oh so important character or Vicki Vale! How dare they taint her pure, Nordic heritage!

Even if it's family, I can't see them doing such things. It's EXTREMELY rare that her aunt would be asian. How many people do you know that have mixed cultures of people in their family? NOW how many people do you know that are all 1 colour? Exactly. I know more white girls with black sure, but white with Asian, it is very rare..

It's not that she is or isn't important, it's that she still has a role in a show regardless.

Because there are still tons of white characters. Vicki Vale is not a part of anyone's cultural identity. It's not an attempt to ignore white people in entertainment. Why the fuck do you care at all? You've lost nothing. Nothing has been said about you.

WHO.

CARES?!!!

I sure as hell don't. The only reason why you bitch about Vicki Vale being Asian is because you belong on Cred Forums.

And fapping himself to death.
But no I get you're going for the whole they cheated Bruce Lee out of his role and then made Dave some Hapa.
And he was Bruce's student too, no loyalty.
If I was around in the 70s though I probbaly wouldn't care because I'd have much bigger problems at that juncture in time than Kung Fu's casting. But who knows I currently have bigger problems than anything I talk about on here but here I am, wasting my fucking life.

ITT: Cred Forums taking the bait like a bunch of idiots.

It wouldn't be Cred Forums if they didn't.

>I've been reading comics since I was around 16 (24 now), I've read as many batman comics as I can. I do not recall that many as it is but if there is a character that is meant to be white or black or asian, then why portray them as something else.
>Also, I do not owe you an explanation. I am a DC comic fan, I do read comics, I wouldn't be here if I didn't and I was a basic normie, watching for explosions and shit.

You're a liar and a fraud.

You don't give a fuck about Batman. You don' give a fuck about Valerie Vale or Vickie Vale.

You're a sadboy racist upset at the idea an esoteric comic book character's AUNT was changed in a cast that 95%+ white

you how extremely rare it is that a rich orphan kid puts on a bat costume and dedicates his life in helping people by playing vigilante?

Because I don't have stacks of comics in my closet, cause I don't have a hard drive full of them either. OK. You don't know shit about me faggot. Want proof I have them?

ok point proven

You sure are butthurt.

>You know if a white person did this to a black person, we would be raciest.
Something something privilege

Dude, Asian women should replace EVERYONE on TV!

Think of how fucking hot that would be!

If the Bat-Family has taught me anything, it's a lot more common than you'd think.

It's not about privileges, it's about keeping what is suppose to be kept. If white people did it to Static, black people would call racism. See my point?

Its a new charactee

my penis can get behind this notion

Family or not. What does that say?
You're going to see Vickie, she's going to be Asian, what does that say?

Gotta love false equivalence.

Nothing, nobody gives a shit about vickie vale

The vast majority of characters in DC Comics are white, much more than the actual proportion of the population. Making a white character Asian moves things closer to proportional representation, making a black character white moves things away.

Because she is hot as fuck and I can finally masturbate to Gotham without feeling like a pedo

>it's about keeping what is suppose to be kept

Why are fictional characters supposed to have their ethnicity set?

>the false equivalence meme
It's a great way to justify overt sexism and racism, I agree.

But does it really? Do you have the accurate stats on what the race of every character is? And if it lines up directly in 15/5/17/60? Do the Hispanics have to be the proper "white" Hispanic or can they be any Hispanic?

Because it's what they are.

people said the same about Jimmy. Either way, white is white. Black is black, asian is asian

Making a new character is ok too. But making them COMPLETELY new and not of a family

Camren Bicondova is 18. You're fine user.

OK. Lets just rewrite Batman to be black, or maybe a midget. You ok with that?

>Because I don't have stacks of comics in my closet, cause I don't have a hard drive full of them either. OK. You don't know shit about me faggot. Want proof I have them?

You. Don't. Give. a . FUCK. about. Vicki Vale.

She's not a character. She's a bland 1-dimensional cocksleeve for Batman.

She could be replaced by a pocket pussy and it would have the same amount of affect on Batman's continuity.

A tv show adaptation cast an asian woman as her AUNT. It's immaterial.

I'm good with black Batman. Midget Batman might be a stretch, though.

What difference does it make?

>OK. Lets just rewrite Batman to be black, or maybe a midget. You ok with that?

Absolutely.

Nighthawk from Marvel is basically a black take on Batman and I live that comic book.

Depicting him as a midget will raise doubts about his viability as a physical threat, but if the book is done in a lighter, more humorous, tone the idea can be sold.

Bring it

I was going for a pun, son.

>What difference does it make?

It would be harder to frame Bat-midget in panels with other characters.

Artists would have to rely on a lot of foreground/background placement.

He could always be standing on something in his brooding manner.

I give a fuck about what a comic is SUPPOSE to be. What a comic has portrayed them to be a long time. Vickie is white. So if they made her black all of a sudden you're ok with this? You should not be. Black people are allowed to loose their shit but white people can't?

i did lol at the pun

It wouldn't work and people wouldn't take it remotely serious. You want a comic that will cont? You want a comic when you say "I read Batman" you don't want them thinking along the lines of "I read MLP"

>an asian should only be a romantic interest to another asian
I agree completely.

Lots of him being perched on a wall, hanging from a bat-rope.

>He can just grapple around the rooms now
Being a midget only makes Batman deadlier

Because you're too much of a pussy to stand up for yourself. Get bullied then go hang yourself. I dare you to change a black character to white. I DARE YOU!!!

SO DO IT FAGGOT!!!

>I give a fuck about what a comic is SUPPOSE to be.

Why? The comics themselves are highly mercurial. Continuity is a punchline when it comes to superhero comic books.

>What a comic has portrayed them to be a long time.

Vicki is barely a character. Per comicvine, she has around 342 appearances over 75 years, which is pretty poor. There's bee years of gaps in that time, and no one person reading the comics as they were published could likely build up an affinity for the character.

>Vickie is white.

And that's largely immaterial to her character.

>So if they made her black all of a sudden you're ok with this?

She's completely devoid of a personality, if making her black inspired a writer to give her motivation, agency, a thematic parallel to Batman, then by all means make her black.

>You should not be.

I'll do what I want. You have no authority, and very little appeal.

>Black people are allowed to loose their shit but white people can't?

What do black people have to do with this? You are framing your opinion based on how other people feel?