Yea ok but why the fuck did they call him Zemo?

Yea ok but why the fuck did they call him Zemo?

Thats his family name

Because his name is Zemo.

He's a schemer like Zemo.

Just because he's not a 1:1 adaptation doesn't mean that wasn't his origin.

The directors actively intended for anyone who was familiar with Zemo in the comics to reflect on how he was depicted in the film.

I think this could be a pretty good orogin for zemo.

They're almost certainly bringing him back.

>You killed my grandfather 70 years ago

Is kind of a shitty supervillain motivation.

>They're almost certainly bringing him back.

wew

You cannot deny that this was very well acted.

Him discovering his aristocratic heritage *after* being a villain and learning to hate Captain America on his own is probably better.

Take the character as he exists at the end of civil war, and then apply all the Frederic Nietzsche ubermensch ideology, and the aristocratic roots and you have a solid super villain with a good motivation.

You don't watch Marvel movies for the comic book accuracy user, you watch it for the witty writing and spectacular action sequences.

>They're almost certainly bringing him back.

He's gonna get the same treatment as this guy. Killed off in the first act of a later movie (probably Black Panther) as a plot device. I'm betting he'll have no further scenes or development, just a YOU REMEMBER THIS GUY moment and then death to show you THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Who cares

Talk about best Avenger now

This is a comic book board. Go back to Cred Forums

Joss is no longer affiliated with the MCU.

Remember the time Zemo lured BuckyCap to an island and strapped him up to a bomb just to make him prove himself worthy of being Cap? Like how is this not Zemo?

I remember that

Whatever you say

Stop it

Was I supposed to know who that is?

Only way the Avengers won't get raped in 5 seconds by Thanos is if Wanda has Chaos Magic.

Cause source material means nothing.

Remember the villain from Iron Man 3? Barely two pages worth of scenes in the comics, and he wasn't even a bad guy.

Fuck off to reddit

If Marvel re-acquires Dr Doom, say goodbye to Zemo.

You're comparing Whedon movie to a russo movie.

Also: strucker was never anything but minor.

Besides: even whedon is smart enough to know you don't kill off *major* villains with no good reason.

Strucker is small time and ultron is not: which is why you never actually see what happens to the final ultron body.

Zemo is not small time.

Zemo is fundamentally different from Doom.

Doom is a megalomaniac who believes himself to be a god.

Helmut Zemo is a man who knows he's just a man, but also believes in will to power.

Fuck you
>Crossbones Kills Cap in Civil War
>Wow, they added Crossbones to Winter Soldier, cool. Are they gonna go that far, tho?
>Cap 3 is suddenly Civil War
>Grillo is in
>Shivering with delight at the possibility
>"Be realistic, me, he probably won't kill Cap, but I'm sure he'll be important"
>mfw 15 minutes in

Then AoS uses a throw away Strucker son. Not even acknowledging the Strucker twins.

Strucker Swordsman when?!

Why didn't they include this scene in the climax to set up future movies?

no seriously, who was he? with what the anons were saying it was like he was in a previous movie?

The same reason they called him The Mandarin

So nerds on comic websites would talk and speculate about it for months on end despite it just being another boring OC villain who serves no purpose other than being a plot device in the end that at best has some menial link to the original namesake because the writers spent two seconds scanning Marvel wiki, and the cycle continues

Most disappointing thing about his death is that DC didn't scoop him up for deathstroke

He was in Winter Soldier, the only goon soldier from Hydra that got more than a few lines. Ends up with a building falling on top of him and that's the last we see of him until CW

>Thinking they would kill off Chris Evans

Was there a version of the movie where this guy actually had scenes or a point?

Is he there to be a future I REMEMBER THAT GUY?

>Is he there to be a future I REMEMBER THAT GUY?
Yes

>Everett K. Ross is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Primarily an ally of superhero Black Panther, the character exists within Marvel's main shared universe, known as the Marvel Universe.

Guess.

He's just stopping over from taking the one ring to this Holmes guy he knows before going to a restaurant with his friend Ford.

Why is Martin Freeman a character in adaptations of my three favorite book series?

Crossbones sucks so who cares.

Both are Eastern European.

That's not the point.

Does that mean he's signed up for the black panther movie?

I would almost guarantee it.

Watch Winter Soldier or read a comic you jigaboo

He is the guy who is the token white guy in the Black Panther movie so I guess yeah it's so you remember him.