Fix It Thread

Cred Forums, how would you salvage or fix Jean Grey if you were put up to the task? Difficult mode is no saying "keep her dead."

I personally would get editorial and TPTB to mandate that Jean returns only as a morally grey antagonist, fighting for her own vision of Xavier's dream. As a vehicle for the Phoenix I'd like her to use her powers to return as a sinister Savior and Christlike figure, using mass telepathy to appeal to mutants and humans alike. Some type of religion would start over her. She'd make the world a better world but only by using her abilities.

It wouldn't be a big event or anything, just something that happens over the years, establishing her as creepy and feeding off a perfect image.

The purpose that the nice, favorite pupil, pollyanna Jean served is pretty much done. No need to rehash old dynamics with teammates and I feel she can only be interesting when deconstructed as a perfect figure. Her most interesting moment was going into Emma's mind and torturing her in there.

Jean's first real mind experiment in her power of psychic persuasion and control was forcing Iceman to be gay just to see if she could.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wXWoyVboDpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only good Jean Grey is the dead one.

I think this only came to be because of a lack of creativity in the first place. Her return could have been actually good and serve a purpose but instead only came about because the writers were tripping hard on nostalgiafaggotry.

make her come back as a sort of ben kenobi force ghost for mutants. she doesn't interfere, but will give them advice, listen to their woes, or give them a piece of her mind depending on what's happening.

meanwhile some younger mutants have started worshiping her and the phoenix

in the meantime Teen Jean finishes her transformation into Xorna and nobody ever refers to her as Jean ever again

/thread

I don't even know what they're doing with Teen Jean at all anymore.

I'm all for a religion being started about her though, I think it's a fun meta kind of thing. Phoenix as some God force and Jean as its prophet and integral host. Mutants pray for her return to save them or something.

Give her bigger breasts

She's been the Phoenix so many times that she now haunts it. Whoever possess the Phoenix force gets her as their guardian/Yoda.

Scott and Logan can't fuck her, she's not real.
She doesn't have to undie.
She can impart her experience onto other characters and she's forced out of her X-men niche, but can easily return to it for other stories.

keep her dead. maybe have scott hallucinate her and scream "jeeeeeeeaaaaaann!" for kicks every once in a while.

Have the real Jean come back, let her fix Bobby, zap teen Jean, and insist they go back to whatever AU they came from.

Keep her dead

Did she roll a Virtue?

Have the phoenix come back as (not jean) Let rightclops hook up with her. Let Jean I don't know, hang around the hypocrite campus.

Fuck Jean.

Send her ass into space. The Phoenix was originally Shi'ar, let Phoenix-Jean go find whatever's left of them. Or just explore the cosmos, since it was supposed to be insanely curious after it bonded with a human for the first time. Maybe she could buddy up with Silver Surfer and have a big Power Cosmic intergalactic road trip.

I dunno, I'm just tired of the phoenix being some stupid, character-assassinating, extinction-level bullshit every time it rears its head, and it's always on Earth, and always the X-men's shit to deal with.

>youtube.com/watch?v=wXWoyVboDpI
Here, fixed

I came here to post this

I like it, especially if she's stuck in a new character rather than a vet.

>let Phoenix-Jean go find whatever's left of them
Nothing breh. The Shi'ar killed them all. Iirc, there is only one Phoenix user they left alive after they tried to purge them.
Hope wasn't born yet, and the Phoenix 5 hadn't been touched yet.

When a mutant is wronged they sometimes get possessed by the mutant spirit of vengeance: The Phoenix.

I'd completely detach her from the whole Phoenix thing. Rachel was always a better Phoenix anyway.

>Rachel was always a better Phoenix anyway.
How can one user have such impeccable taste?

You can't fix what is broke

Can you give it upward economic mobility?