Do you miss him yet, Cred Forums?

Do you miss him yet, Cred Forums?

I do but he will be back. At least to merge with Superdad.

Yes

Stop saying that because no the merging.

I stopped buying Superman comics because of they killed him off

No. I hate Superdad... More than 20 years as Superman is not enough? NO...
Another Superman out for this stupid character...

I don't care which version they use, but they do need to put good writers on Superman instead of catering to nostalgiafags and thinking that messing up continuity will make the comics good.

Superdad is basically lets make this shit comfy and have some feels without actually telling a story

People really eat that shit up

Mixed feelings. really liked the t-shirt/jeans look, and when it was permanently replaced with the goofy armor, I was bummed. They were making him more hot-blooded without going full edgelord (most of the time), which was fun.

The relationship with Wonder Woman was pointless, they had no real chemistry and came across like confused friends.

If I had my way, Superdad and Superbro would work together as Superdudes, but Superdad would have to be a lot older for it to work, so pipe dream.

me too

AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

I miss this version of Superman - the one in those 19 issues written by Morrison, and to a lesser extent, the one who appeared in the Batman / Superman written by Pak early on in that series.

Other than that, with the exception of a few beats here and there, and panels, etc.: NAH.

If you read the first two years from 1938-1940, what Morrison did was bring him back to the kind of characterizations he had then, prior to a relationship with Lois and prior to a Justice League or even friendship with Batman existing, and certainly prior to all the Silver Age stuff.

The problem was that once Morrison was done and once Perez quit the self-titled book, it was a collection of crappy writers doing crappy things, for the most part.

He was the same guy in most of Pak's run. You just have to ignore some of the crossovers and theres like 40 issues with the guy. I like that this Superman got a beginning, middle, and end, even if the end was sorta shitty and abrupt. Action Comics #40 with Bizarro was the best single issue of last year IMO.

Superbro
>visits kids in hospital
>finds home for wayward hamsters
>has heartfelt talk with Jonah Hex

Superdad
>punches Lex for no reason
>starts fight in crowded city
>fights Aquaman because government says so

Who's the stupid, edgy one again?

This.
I didn't ask for the reboot they did it and I just tagged along, then they kill him off and basically say I was the problem for buying it? No thanks

Not much of a Superman fan then

b-b-ut Superdad has a kid (which I want to see naked!!) and pandering family adventures!

He showed up to talk to Aquaman about breaking out of superjail without telling anyone.

Aquaman and his crazy wife jumped him, hit him a bunch of times, freaked out when it looked like they actually hurt him and then Supes let them go.

Like seriously the army guy was kidding himself about Supes being his stooge.

Absolutely. I want him back.

>inb4 they bring him back as a villain

How do you guys think he will be ressurected?

I do miss Superbro. He was pretty representative of the time.

Early 10s was a strange time from death of Bin Laden to Obama's second term. His flux in character is pretty indicative of the changing world around us as we are redefining what we want in Superman as well as what was popular at the moment.

At the end of the day, I see him as another one of the long lines of Supermen that have existed in the universe. I have more affinity to him since he was the Superman with whom I grow up reading, but I love him just as much as I like Kingdom Come Supes or Obama Superman or even Red Son Superman.

For me, Superbro's story is over. I take comfort and solace in that fact and now enjoy the stories of Superdad.
Besides, if you know DC, next multi-verse crisis will bring him back, if Manhattan is not going to do it already.

I like Superman. As long as 'a' Superman exist, I'm happy.
Except Injustice Superman. Fuck that one.

Superbro will be back. Superdad has like 25 years of stories.

Always.

Has there been a Superman that is definitively gone for good?

Pre-Crisis? But he got a happy ending. Kinda

Is this why the Superbro is Pre-Crisis Superman theory runs nuts here?

They're doing such a great job undermining everything Superbro had or did, that I imagine that when he does come back he might have a superboy moment. You know "what the fuck is they, how fast did you guys replace me?"

"How fast did Diana start fucking Steve and Bruce at the same time?"

"...And over my empty coffin to boot."

"...you even took my fucking dog and gave it to your kid?"

Then he pushes the moon into the Earth cause man, what a bunch of assholes.

I would be fine with that happening to be honest

haha the number of responses here rn is basically the number of actual superbro fags.

His morrison run was great but everything else went to shit real fast. I only saw him return to form in beginning of Paks run and that Futures End issue.

Seriously fuck him. Superdad is more interesting.

>The relationship with Wonder Woman was pointless, they had no real chemistry and came across like confused friends.

Superbro's relationship with her doomed the character imo. I think a lot of people saw that the only way to break them up instead of going through a weird divorce when they're close teammates and would see each other constantly would be through a death, and it certainly wasn't Diana who was going to bite it.

This is also why I'm firmly against anyone in the so-called Trinity hooking up with each other. Shit doesn't work outside of what-ifs or alt universe stuff that isn't really followed.

Funnily enough I was sort of okay with Superbro until they reintroduced the old Superman. At that point I no longer saw him as Superman but as that OTHER Superman whom I really had no emotional connection with. That's really what doomed the character, I think.

>Everyone was jumping off the bridge, I just jumped too. I don't see how I deserved to break my legs when I landed.

They are a bunch of assholes arent they?

I find it kinda hearltess that Wonder Woman got over Superbro ao fast. I mean Batman still mourns him.

When DC rebooted things in 2011 i remember that people told the older fans to just get over it and or rebuffed any complaints with "MUH SUPERMAN".

So this whole thing is really hilarious for me. How does it feel to be on the receiving end?

I am surprised superbro even has fans. People constantly bitched over the superman storytime threads and made countless other ones discussing how they should fix him.

Hell storytiming him didn't even last the whole day before being archived. Now that DC is fixing everything the 1 or 2 people that liked edgyfest superbros are actually in the receiving end.

It feels fucking great really. These are the same guys who thought Lobdell's red hood and teen titans hate was an overreaction.

I don't read Superman, what's the problem everyone has with this guy?

>Hell storytiming him didn't even last the whole day before being archived

That's more to do with Cred Forums being a shit board obsessed with live-action news than it is with the content of the storytime.

I liked this couple. Sue me. Hate how fast Diana seems to be over Superbro.

The couple was awful.

Geoff Johns had Wonder Woman goading Superbro into becoming Injustice Superman.

Charles Soule had Superbro beating Brian Azzarelo's Greek Gods in a bullshit-y way and Wonder Woman constantly complaining about Superbro having a secret identity or random bullshit.

Peter Tomasi had Wonder Woman as a cold warrior bitch and Superbro having to teach her to be more sympathetic or being tired of putting up with her bullshit.

Terrible, terrible couple that made both character come off as awful. Heck, i would say that SM/WW was the reason they killed off Superbro. This pairing killed off the character.

Same problem with most of Superbro's stories: Interesting concept, shit execution

I love this guy. The older Superman is such a bitch. Whiny. Sits on his ass for 10 years while this younger one struggled. All to play house with Lois. And finally Superman got a partner his equal. Not like Lois who all through old canon nagging whiny damsel. Peter J Tomasi you crapped on a great run that actually appealed to many new and female fans because Diana was written intelligently and as a woman his equal. Sorry for the real life middle aged readers can't deal with a woman like that. DC is full of old boring middle aged white men trying to run a company on nostalgia and that included Geoff Johns, Tomasi, Didio and Jurgens. There is nothing as safe, bland, conservative and vanilla as Rebirth Superman and his wife and son.

>All these contrarian fags pretending Superbro was good after Morrison left
Lobdell? Awful
Pak? Mediocre
Yang? Crippled by events

>I'm going to post to le tr011 u
>hurr I'm totally on yourside guiz
Please try at least a little harder next time

This. It's hilarious how all of sudden Cred Forums is full of Superbro fans when his story time threads died fast. What s bunch of contrarian fans.

What a gigantic bitch

Thread with actual discussion always die fast, of course the threads with just SHIRTLESS JON WHEN and SUPERMAN IS BACK spammed over and over are going to last

Yes, and I love Superdad.

>Peter J Tomasi you crapped on a great run that actually appealed to many new and female fans because Diana was written intelligently and as a woman his equal.

Charles Soule's run also sucked and made WW a huge bitch.

Cred Forumsntrarian is the bread and butter of Internet

No. I started buying Superman comics again after they killed him off

each day I am reminded why I hate superman fans, thanks Cred Forums

I wanna get started on superbro but idk where to start or what to read, any suggestions?

Morrison's Action Comics.

Everything else is pretty shit.

>Not much of a Superman fan then
I felt cheated as a consumer I can't keep buying shit when this could happen again if its not working

>death of Bin Laden
Don't you mean mid-aughts?

>Actual discussion
It was literally
>This is shit
>Pak is a hack
>Christ DC
Get fucked faggot.

>Superbro
I didn't follow new 52 at all, can someone give me the skinny on this guy?

Oh get over it you fucking idiot. When Spock and GordonBats were around we had the same shit.
>Not Muh Spidey
>Not Muh Bats
SSDD. It'll die like always as the years go on.

Anti-Superbro fags were a vocal minority, there were constant New52 Superman storytimes that didn't die off. The fuck are you faggots talking about?

Nah, I'm pretty well adjusted, not into contrariness.

Obama confirmed the kill in May 2011

A younger superman with the senseless direction just like a lost teenager. One second he's edgy, another he's a firefighter. One moment he saved his dog, another he got a buzzcut and a motorcycle. One moment he got cucked by Lois, another he breathed in Doomsday ashes and became a hybrid monster.

It was all over the place, best enjoyed by pick and choose the arcs to read.

New52 Supes. Morrison made him more in-line with Golden Age Superman, dead parents, beat up corrupt people, was more aggressive. After Morrison left Lobdell fucked him over hard. Then the Superbooks were ruined by being in a perpetual state of crossovers.

Now we have the edgy contrarians or Marvelcucks pretending that there was some big group of Superbro fans on Cred Forums when his threads died fast and everyone wanted shit like him and Lois to get back together, SM/WW to end, etc, etc.

Not after Truth arc. Story times struggled to reach over 100. People were fed up.

The Tomasi shit was mediocre as fuck

>Obama confirmed the kill in May 2011
You missed the meme.

>SM/WW to end
I liked Superbro and thought they were shit.

Why is he Super"bro" though?

this isn't a spider-man or batman thread, retard, so I am not going to namedrop those fans when they are not the issue

>Deflecting
How is that in any way relevant to Superbro you fucking moron? His shit didn't sell, his story times didn't get attention, but somehow he was great? The only shit you like was the Morrison stuff which was ruined by Lobdell so fuck off retard. Superbro was mediocre as fuck so he died.

Except you're acting like Not Muh is exclusive to Superfags retard so it is relevant dumbass. If shit like this makes you hate a fanbase then you must hate every single one.

>Superman fans insulting people for no reason while they brag about liking Superman because "he is relatable because he is just a normal nice guy"

Hypocrites, you should kill yourselves. At least other fanbases don't pretend to be morally superior to others.

and maybe I do, but I don't feel the need to name them at every instance like you as to show that "everyone is bad so is okay"

I enjoyed Pak's run just as much and Soule's SM/WW

Superdad's sales are dropping hard as fuck too. Superman just isn't a high seller anymore

>Superdad barely sells better than Superbro thanks to the boost from being a relaunch
>omg this proves it's better!

I didn't know there was one.

Because he's explicitly stated to be younger, around the age of young adult men who refers to one another as "bro"
I partly blame HIMYM

As you should. Fuck being a part of shitty fanbases and fuck characterfags.

>Retard accuses people ITT of stuff that never happened ITT
Please kill yourself.
>Hypocrites, you should kill yourselves. At least other fanbases don't pretend to be morally superior to others.
>Superbrofags tell people complaining about not Muh fags
>Turn in to what they claim to hate
What a fucking hypocrite you lot are. Off yourselves.

Superbro was fun in some arcs, but in general the character left me depressed.

The Kents were died, including Ma Kent, so Clark couldn't go back to Smallville to just relax and have family moments between action-heavy arcs, since the Kents farm had been sold and just being in Smallville was depressing.

Lana Lang relationship ended in tragedy, because their prom dance and almost kiss was interrupted by the news that the Kents had died in a car crash, so whenever Supes was with Lana he remembered their past in a nostalgic and bitter-sweet manner, remembering how it all ended and just how much he missed his parents.

Lois Lane relationship was strained, because Supes never made a move and now Lois had moved on dating another guy and gaining a promotion, being pretty much Supes' boss, and Supes was so miserable that even Lois was aware, although she didn't knew why, so she'd constantly try to set him up with other women which only left him more depressed.

Supergirl was new to Earth and was going through PSTD for losing Krypton. She also didn't believed Supes story initially that he was the baby cousin she cared about and even after that she had a hard time accepting him and the new reality. So no family moment there.

Supes later left the Daily Planet, pretty much cutting his interaction with his human cast, leaving Supes to interact mostly with other super-heroes, specially with WW, because now they were dating, and their relationship was written so bad that people were clamoring for him to be ANYONE ELSE.

Besides all that Supes was constantly in cross-over hell and going through a wild make-over: going back to Krypton, becoming Doomsday, losing his powers, having his secret identity revealed and so on.

Superbro was in the 40k range. Superdad is at 90k. What are you talking about?

>Superbro fags are constantly telling people whine about not Muh Superman to fuck off
>Get mad when people tell them to fuck off after they start doing
Yeah no you lot are cunts.

Family being family is still a story.

4 sold 88k
5 sold 81k

Sales are dropping

Superman is still Superman as long as he's Clark Kent and not a nigger

>hating based President Superman
no u

Superbro's 4 sold 68k
Superbro's 5 sold 73k
Superdad is still selling better.

You can say the same about almost every character's rebirth books

Not nearly as fast as they did for Superbro. I get you want to try to make this into some kind of failure but Superman is still selling better than he has in years.

Trying to use sales figures from Diamond is dumb because this only shows how many units were ordered but not purchased desu.

Yes. The New 52 lacked a focus. Rebirth has one even if you don't agree with it. The Watchman thing is the carrot they can dangle to keep people reading.

I miss Morrison writing him.

You know it's funny, because about a year ago DC was straight up shitting on people that didn't like the new 52 Superman and said "we don't want those kinds reading our comics". A year later and I'm laughing my ass off at how hard of a backdown they pulled.

Now I don't recall anyone at DC ever saying that.

I remember an article about it around the time when Nu52 Superman was fighting against corrupt cops. I dunno if I can find it but I'll try.

Pre-Crisis Supes died in Infinite Crisis but Convergence implies he exists again in his own timeline/universe

You realize there are two pre-COIE Supermen.

There is Golden Age Superman and then there's the Pre-Crisis continuity or Earth-1 Superman.

Golden Age died in Infinite Crisis. The other got his happy ending in Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

Eh, not really.

Brah you would've never made it through the golden age.

Blame the writers for that one. I only really recall that getting addressed in the Justice League Rebirth issue, and only for short time. Pretty much everywhere else? Zip.

That's kinda a sore spot for me, since I like they relationship they had, and regardless, burying it like they did just looks poor.

yeah

Nope, I just wonder who he really was.

;_;

I miss him.

Superdad is getting stale real fast.

>Things that never happened