>18,128

Extreme art was a mistake

Henderson is waiting.

I still don't understand why someone thought putting XTREME art in [current year] comics was a good idea.

Are people really nostalgic for 90s comic art?

How would you guys improve the Thunderbolts, aside from changing the art style and taking Bucky off the team?

Even weirder is that the original '90s Thunderbolts was nothing like that. Busiek and Bagley were reacting against the EXTREME style of early '90s comics and doing a more classical Marvel comic. There was never any Liefeld-style art in it.

Tom Brevoort (who edited the original run and this one) has really lost a step.

>Are people really nostalgic for 90s comic art?

Yes

Change the inker and the colorist (who is great by himself but not on this art) and Malin's bad art turns to half-decent
If I wasn't a lazyass I'd post some pages from this run and prove that the b/w pages could not be so bad

Since it is obvious that Thunderbolts is the HYDRA Cap companion book, dive into the plot instead of just releasing filler issues.

While working for AIM, Songbird figures the Steve Rogers/HYDRA connection and he turns the entire superhero community against her. Berto can't help since AIM turned into a legitimate government agency so she joins with the Thunderbolts, maybe recruiting Radioactive Man or Ghost along the road.

Because Brevoort is a retard. If they wanted nostalgia, Bagley is still working at Marvel.

those are a lot of shells.

reminds me of that cover with Daredevil doing the same.

Except, on this pic, the shells are not copy paste with photoshop!

>Marvel wants to cash in MCU Bucky's popularity with fangirls
>put a terrible artist on the book that makes him look ugly
>don't realize that fangirls only care about Bucky when he's interacting with Cap
They didn't really think this through, huh.

Kick Jim Zub off, who is surprisingly shit on this.

Classic Deodato

The art sucks but I think it'd survive if the writing wasn't so shitty. UXM is selling alright and that has Land on art.

I hope this sold like a turd

fucking killed the bolts

well Suicide Squad is in the top 10 so yeah

The biggest problem is the complete lack of character development and general direction. It should have concentrated on the fallout of Standoff.

>reminds me of that cover with Daredevil doing the same.
This one?

>UXM is selling alright and that has Land on art.
UXM with Land ALWAYS sells alright.
Be it Fraction, Gillen, or Bunn writing, Land will always deliver.
I'm glad Gillen's full volume was mostly Paychecko. Good shit.

Has Zub ever produced anything that wasn't mediocre at the very best?

Wish the book would relaunch with Ewing and the fill-in artist at the helm.

>No Speed Demon when they fought the Squadron Supreme.
Wasn't he the Whizzer in the Squad Sinister version beforehand?!

Bring back characters that actually wanted to be heroes from pass runs: Blizzard, Radioactiveman, Charcoal, Jolt, etc.

Either have Hawkeye lead the team or go back to MACH/Songbird leadership-field leader dynamic.

Have Zemo bring back Graviton to take down the Tbolts.

Only on visible foot...... 90s indeed

What reason would Zemo have to attack them, though, considering that he worked with Fixer, Moonstone and Atlas in Pleasant Hill just fine?

Whats wrong with Henderson?

Not who you replied to but I find her art to be repellent. I'm a fan of Ryan North's writing and I haven't been able to read more than a couple of panels posted in threads online because I genuinely can't look at the art.

The artist really tries to give him flowy sexy hair, but the art really takes away from Bucky's good looks that he's become popular for.

The only reason I still read this book is because I know it's tied into the Hydra Cap plot and Bucky makes a cute dad. Kot's run with him was shit too. They're really failing on cashing in on his MCU bump. Here's to hoping he's handled better in the upcoming Black Widow comic.

Brubaker shouda killed Bucky after making Nat forget about him.
Woulda been more dignified.

He's died too many times now for it to ever stick. I just want him back in the Cap books where he belongs. Either with Sam or Steve, he has a great dynamic with either. Every time they try to solo him or put him on some random team, you just lose so much of what makes him an enjoyable character.

>He's died too many times
Twice, and the second time he just faked his death.

He was great with Nat. Sam was there too.

I'm neutral on their romance, but they team up well with how similar their styles are. I wonder if Nat is getting her memories back finally or he'll still be awkwardly pining over it.

Waid's bringing Bucky into Natasha's book in December

Yeah, but does that mean that he'll be off the T-Bolts book and that the book can finally actually be about the Bolts? Although that does fuck all to solve the problem with the art and writing.

Not that it ultimately matters much because there is no way the Bolts book will make it to issue 12, anyway, but still.

Yeah last time he stopped in was for 1-2 issues before Secret Wars? I wonder if she's suspicious and done some digging, because even without her memories of the time they spent knowing each other Natasha seems like the type of person that would have hunted down some answers instead of just ignoring her memory gap.

Or they can fix her memory the same way they fixed his, since Bucky is the proud father of a cosmic cube now.

They might be taking him out of the T-Bolts? Looks like Bucky goes after Miles after hearing about the Spidey kills Cap rumor, ends up arrested at some point by Cap and Songbird, and the cover of the December solicit shows Songbird heading the T-Bolts.

The solicit also talks about breaking into a jail and since Bucky is imprisoned somewhere I suspect that they'll break him out.

Is Waid's book any good?
I liked his first DD volume.

EXTREME

I would like to visit the guns and men's clothing dimension.
It would be a convenient shopping location.

Songbird and Centurius are on the latest PW&IF. Apparently Centurius gave up on conquering the world and reformed.

Boo, he was more fun aspiring to conquer

> character and relationship development from Thunderbolts getting followed up upon by subsequent writers rather than having it reset or ignored

Nice.

>no harness

Okay, that was pretty fun.

Is Malin a pseudonym for Liefeld

tfw when the T-Bolts are treated better as guest stars and supporting characters than on their own book

>Storm is the new mutant uncle tom replacing Beast and Havok

>tfw Radioactive Man

I know they aren't gonna win, but I really hope Luke and Co. win. mostly because I just like seeing Carol put in her place right now. she's so fucking insufferable right now.

I think there's a right way to do "90s EXTREEME" but this isn't it.

Why couldn't they get someone good from that era, like Greg Capullo?

With Bucky in this shit is anyone being The Man on the Wall?

Everyone is ignoring that plot beat because it honestly sucks.