twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

give it up OP, even if Diaz did go to Cred Forums I doubt he'd apologize

Only if you post the Cred Forums corrections

Never

>Superman is actually from a post-singularity world
I actually like this.

I'm sorry that Superman looks like he has Downs

>literally missing the point of Superman this hard

I like the design, thats it. Diaz throws around a bunch of unnecessary scifi that essentially make him a shapeshifting martian.

Why is Flash black?
Why does Hal Jordan look like a lesbian?
Why is Cyborg skinny??

Nothing is necessary, but it makes so much more sense than lore established when readers were stupider and "lol red sun, cuz radiation is like magic like that".

>Why is Flash black?

To be fair, there's basically no non-white people on the JL. You can't count Superman or MM just because they're from other planets.

>Why does Hal Jordan look like a lesbian?

Because that way Diaz gets to draw his creepy totes-not-Ash-Burch-waifu with the one powerset that allows her to create from nothing using pure willpower, the fascistic underdream that motivates all twatty hipster singularitists.

>Why is Cyborg skinny??

Have you not seen The IT Crowd?

>Has nothing better to do.
I don't get this. How can you be an apathetic member of the bat family. You have to either love it or simply be obsessive.

>the IT crowd
what the fuck is that

The Big Bang Theory but like, a tenth as bad.

I dont mind that so long as it's consistent.

What if there was a complete reboot? Consistency shouldn't matter in that case and there is no reason not to come up with a more believable origin.

I gotta admit. This is pretty good.

can a rifle that size shoot something non-lethally?

I guess it doesn't matter since we're talking about comic book stuff and it could be handwaved away any way the writer likes, plus even as fan fiction we'll never see anything more of this because Diaz only does three comics a year.

>can a rifle that size shoot something non-lethally?
Sure. Just don't aim at any vital organs. There, non-lethal.

For what? Did Diaz finally off himself?

>robin
>stephanie
no.

Yeah, Just take something like .22 short and put a tranq dart on it
On a long barrel like that, it'd have so little energy left

>what is a shockwave

>sure, just miss completely, there, non-lethal

basically this

larger projectile or less force propelling the same size projectile means greater dropoff and less chance of a kill

but at that stage you're basically standing in the gunstore telling the clerk you want one of those, like, non-lethal guns that just wounds people, and you don't see any, do they keep them in back or what

>lethal shockwave
>from a low caliber round
What?

I wonder if Diaz thinks he inspired Jessica the same way that he thinks he inspired Linkle.

With Diaz, there's no question that anytime something happens in the world of comics or illustration, he believes he inspired it.

>Oh, Steven Universe, a show about female heroes is popular and critically acclaimed? You may have noticed that my own award winning comic, Dresden Codak, has featured female heroes in a prominent role since...

Reminder.

Never.

for some reason i want to see more girl lantern lewds.

probably partially because i like girls with short hair, and also partially because i think it would really, really piss diaz off.

>Stephanie Robin
Haha no

only because he didn't draw them first.

Reminder that Dresden Codak one offs were great?

Yes

I'm sorry Aaron Diaz is such a fag.

Anybody got that tweet where Diaz calls Will Eisner a mediocre white man?

Pneumatic rifle firing crazy-hazy drugs and shit.

>what is a shockwave
I don't get what your getting at here and i browse /k/.

Cyborg's design is terrible, he looks like a Victorian steampunk girl.

Fuck off with your shitty meme back to Cred Forums

Careful I got a warning for posting that the other day

Actually, he is literally Moss from The IT Crowd, but with robot bits glued on. Diaz straight up blatantly ripped a recognizable character design from a decently popular sitcom and tried to pass it off as his.

What black person you know has a beak nose? He's obviously Indian.

>robot bits
Giving him too much credit
That arm's like ninety percent portal gun

But Diaz is white too, and just as mediocre.

>hurr I'm Cuban so I'm not white

That's not his logic is it?

>i like girls with short hair
My negroid.

seriously that still makes me mad

That's his logic exactly. He's a second-generation Cuban who looks white (but his actual ethnicity would really depend on how he was raised & how much of an influence Cuban culture has been on his life, so the jury's out on that). Regardless, though, he looks white, and is treated as white. So it doesn't matter if he thinks he isn't just because his last name is Diaz. I'm a second-generation Cuban myself, but I don't look white so I'm not treated as white, and Cuban culture was a big part of my life growing up. Therefore I'm not white. I could easily be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Other than Martian Manhunter, and black-for-no-reason Flash, these are actually pretty cool.

Swapping Hal to a female is pointless because his defining character trait is that he is retarded.

Power Girl is literally the same as her normal design. It's still form fitting, so it doesn't really matter.

Cyborg does not appear in this movie.

Cred Forums had a great many threads on this when he first made them. There were some way edits that made them not completely retarded. Like taking the zipper off of PG's boots.

Those zippers are fine tho - they are practical.

Or did you change them to something like double belts, as seen on military wear? That would also make sense.

But then I just like practical gear.

They're too big
They should be smaller and on the side, like a pair of wetsuit booties.

Anything can shoot anything "nonlethally". It just won't shoot it very far or very effectively. You've got decide whether you're willing to be effective or if you want to be non-lethal.

Anything that goes faster than sound is going to stand a significant chance of killing people, even if its made of rubber or whatever Diaz had in mind.

It's very hard to have anything definitively "non-lethal" because the human body is a fickle thing. A whack on the head may give someone a concussion that fades without problems or it may cause a lethal embolism. An electric shock may cause entirely temporary loss of muscular control or it may cause a lethal heart attack. Tranquilizers may put someone under for an hour or it may cause your whole body to shut down.

The only way to make something definitively non-lethal is to weaken it to the extent that some of your targets will simply power through it with minimal effect.

>Swapping Hal to a female is pointless because his defining character trait is that he is retarded.
But user, there is a point. And that's getting a qt3.141 pixie into the main cast.

I hate all of those designs, especially the ones for Cyborg, Superman, and Flash.

>Not just showing her the show

My gf bought me the DVD set for Christmas, and she sat down and watched it. She loved it (or at least didn't complain about it), so guaranteed wife material.

You know what? Why doesn't a hero ever carry a beanbag shotgun? It'll hurt like hell, but it's a really good non-lethal tool.

Why is she looking at him like Batgirl in Killing Joke OVA?

This comic made my junk twitch

Man has talent but shitty opinions.

I liked the description from the last thread: "what if Richard Ayoade worked for Aperture Science?"

Why would being Asian help make you logical?

Where does it say that?

Oh sorry read pendant of laozi as pendant of logic.

A bretty great British sit-com.

Wow, those panels flow like pitch.

>Large mammals evolving in a world with no KT extinction

Yea, but Diaz is autistic.

I wonder if /tg/ is able to decipher this crap

/tg/ here. It's all gibberish that sounds like something you would hear in a real RPG.
I doubt Diaz actually plays RPG and if he does, he is probably That Guy.

How does a man who makes his living "making comics" not know how make his panels readable.

It's almost like he's a hack and a fraud.

Well, he's really fucking good at comics - just ask him! So if you can't follow along, that must mean you're really fucking bad at comics.

I find it laughable that Diaz's answer to the most lazy, overused alien design in the world, a human in a leotard, is to change it to the second most lazy, overused design, a HR Giger ripoff.

Even IF I like some of these designs, it's shit like this that gets me.

Stephanie Brown is there for a REASON. Her dad is a supervillain, she wants to stop him from hurting anyone.

God DAMNIT Diaz.

Gray Ghost did in Batgirl V3

Someone hasn't been reading Tec.

He actually doesn't know shit about cape comics. Or videogames, if his delusional rant about Legend of Zelda is any indication.

But he knows a great deal about what he thinks other people know about these things, which is why you get a word salad like when he tries to ape roleplaying jargon; or mystified apathy about why Spoiler should be Robin.

What is the composition of these panels?

...squarish?

Spoken like a sheltered white boy - he has no idea what it must have been like to grow up in a poor immigrant family, much less to have to get a job to support them.

The only thing more ridiculous than shitting on Will Eisner is his mendacious claim to be a person of color because he's got a Spanish surname. The only thing Cuban about Aaron Diaz is his hairline.

>made Wonder Woman a literal Greek statue
>doesn't know Greek statues were actually colored and the paint just faded after the centuries.

>much less to have to get a job to support them

Wasn't there a tweet of his where he compared the stress of doing his comics to working in a coal mine?

>great batman
>shit robin
wtf, I'm indifferent to this one picture in particular now?

>great batman
get your eyes checked

You should include the tweet where he apologizes for white washing him.
Because as a Cuban, Diaz knows that's the worst thing you can do.

Reminder that Aaron Diaz called Will fucking Eisner a "Mediocre White Man."

>Panel Layout that isn't complete shit.

Jesus Christ this panel layout is terrible.

>if his delusional rant about Legend of Zelda is any indication.
What?

>Flash is black
That is SO RACIST

The genderbent fanart, I would presume.

That was ten years ago. Let's take a look at his more recent work, hmm?

In fairness, over the last year he's switched almost entirely to a reasonably legible grid layout; but his output is so minuscule that even a year-old comic is representative of his "current" style.

I actually like a lot about Diaz's art but I find him so personally repulsive that I can't stand to follow his work. The last time I actually read Dresden Codak must've been 2012.

I saw Aaron Diaz at a New Seasons in Portland yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for drawings or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen empowering photos of amputee women in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the pictures and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each picture and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>genderbent fanart
It's so much more than that.

dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/47889238483/zelda-clockwork-empire-faq

Jesus Christ.

Other bullshit aside, I like the marble Wonder Woman idea a lot. That's a concept with some mileage in it.

Please don't encourage Diaz to jerk off to the Singularity any harder than he already does. He already thinks it's going to let him both marry and turn into Kimiko as it is.

"White" isnt really a race, there are tons of variations of what tumblr kids call white, and several of them are beset with racism and shit against them.
The Romani, the latin people, the portuguese, the irish,the jew are all considered "white" and were at one point or another considered "non white" and treated like they were below americans standarts of "white".

What usually is a signifier of massive priviledge is class and economic means, that means a LOT more about priviledge than whatever race one is.

Yeah, but skin color is simple and social status is complicated, so let's just judge based on the former

>What usually is a signifier of massive priviledge is class and economic means,
>tfw upper class women post to social media mocking poor people, then turn around and claim they're constantly oppressed

I can't help it. Nerd Rapture fags aside, the singularity makes so much more sense for why Superman can do what he does.

Yeah, it's a bit crazy. Dinosaurs were evolutionary beasts. Aside from milk I don't know any advantage mammals had over dinos.

The text and premise of this are one thing.
But my only problem with the design is the ear holes in the hood.
Thats fucking dumb.

Mammals generate their own heat making them better inhabitants of high latitudes and better nighttime predators.

Remember when Mary-sensei wrecked him? It was great

>complete reboot

How far do you go before it isn't "Superman" anymore?

>more believable origin.

If you want "believable", comics, particularly capes, probably aren't for you.

Oh dear.

I really adore his style and the comic, as incomprehensible as it is.
I wish I never found about his personal views or you guys' (formerly weekly) circlejerks :^(

I will treasure the memories always

You putrid little weaselfuck.

>How far do you go before it isn't "Superman" anymore?
____MoS____

>make most iconic woman superhero made of marble
>not even her gimmick
Bravo

That's the tragedy of it imo; he's not really a terrible artist, he's just so far up his own ass that he'll never see a reason to improve, whether in art or just being a better person.

To be fair, the "real" one is made of clay and they hardly do anything with that either

i do remember when he said that pro sportsmen don't deserve the money they earn.
yet i don't know if he was talking about a certain sport, or about pro players in general.

Alright, I'll admit that this looks pretty neat, but I'm pretty sure the only reason it works is because there is no dialogue so it evokes the feeling of of walking around and looking at the sights. However, judging from the bottom half of the page, this was supposed to show the passage of time, and I can't possibly grab any sort of narrative out of it. I feel like if he had spaced this out across a few pages, it would've made a lot more sense.

I'm still not over it

how does this guy still have supporters when even this is just the latest in a long line of Diaz being astonishingly hypocritical and un-self-aware

>Is crazy bonkers
>Not "bat"shit crazy

Come on Diaz, it's right there.

>if he had spaced this out across a few pages,

We'd be waiting ten years for the scene to end!

How active has he been since that tweet? Because didn't a lot of people heap shit on him for it? Granted he goes underground for a month or two and emerges like nothing had happened a lot of times, but this time seems like there hasn't been much word from him since.

>How far do you go before it isn't "Superman" anymore?
It's the same character. Martian Manhunter is a fundamentally different character despite either of their powers.

If the choice is between realistic and not realistic with all the same levels of fantasy then why choose latter?

I've often wondered what it must be like to draw your own fap fodder. Do you suppose he must have a raging boner the whole time? Or can he only sustain an erection when his Twitter flunkies are praising him for daring to write empowered female characters?

>I've often wondered what it must be like to draw your own fap fodder.
Honestly, it's difficult. Sex is what fuels the initial concept and inspires you enough to get started, but by the time you're done, you've stared at it so long and are so used to picking it apart that it's hard to fap to it.

>Or can he only sustain an erection when his Twitter flunkies are praising him for daring to write empowered female characters?
This, but he can't achieve climax unless Anita Sarkeesian is railing him in the ass with a big, black strap-on, all the while calling him a nu-male beta cuck.

That is still the most unforgivable thing he has done. It shows his ignorance and love for trying to get approval from sjw's. If the guy would just pick up some of Eisner's stuff he might even learn how to turn his panels into something legible while still being unique.

Pfft. Reading comics? Who has time for that?

I also love that his whole thing with MM is differentiating him from Superman. Then he just gives Superman shapeshifting. The guy is a moron.

There are plenty of Comics writers he could insult and get support. Why go for one of the founding fathers of comics?

He's that ignorant.

Lewd artists never have boners when they are doing art and probably not after either. The act of creating it is too engrossing and afterwards you are too aware of all the thoughts that went into it to fap to it.

This. He honestly had no idea who Will Eisner was or what he did except, maybe, some tangential awareness that he created the Spirit - an also-ran 40s pulp book character. Why the hell should the guy who wrote some tired old Shadow knockoff have an award named after him? Must be the innate whiteness that lifted him above all of the other, more talented but unappreciated creators of color who have been scrubbed from history.

Which is, of course, nonsense - because anyone who knows anything about Will Eisner knows that he grew up dirt poor in an immigrant neighborhood of New York, to immigrant parents who didn't even speak English; who, through grit and determination made drawing funny books a successful and productive career, not just in a financially rewarding way but in creating works that still stand to this day as the defining - even archetypal - examples of the art form.

And when he was called out for being an ignorant twat, what did Aaron Diaz do? He apologized for WHITEWASHING Eisner - as if the problem with his sentiment was that he had mistook a Jew for a gentile.

Because, you know, nothing hurts more than having your cultural heritage negated by people that don't know you - which Aaron knows all too well, being a second-generation Cuban-American.

Not sure, I can imagine the artist can only focus on the imperfections of the work, but I know SIR has a secret depository of fap fuel that he refuses to share.

Deleted the attached image because that's supposed to go in the Udon thread currently running.

The point is that he's a superhuman being that made a home on Earth and protects it despite being way, way, better than anyone on it because he perceives a common personhood between them. Making his form non-human (and perhaps even an artificial intelligence that doesn't necessarily think like people think) strengthens this characterization, it doesn't weaken it.

No OP you owe me an apology.

They're just entry-level philosophy jokes.

I can't understand why people don't like this shit. It feels like Myst: The Comic.

Not the philosophy jokes - and they're really more like references. The impenetrable hash of tabletop RPG lingo that the entry-level philosophy jokes are being delivered with.

And the answer is, no, /tg/ is unable to decipher that crap because it's all garbage.

It's been however many years and people still don't get that the layout is to get you to stop at most of the panels and admire Diaz's AMAZING art. (Note: Art may not actually be amazing, but I'm 90% sure that's why he does it.)

...Right. They don't make sense as a game system because they're not supposed to. They're supposed to sound just enough like they MIGHT, as a framework for the wordplay.

You obviously have a a much more permissive definition of wordplay than I do because all I'm seeing are some easy jabs at Greek pederasty and creationism. Or is Baruch Spinoza just killingly funny among the snobbish know-it-alls that Diaz likes to count himself among?

For whatever reason, I do like the Wonder Woman. Her head's a bit too egg-y, but otherwise it's a neat idea.

>he is probably That Guy.

Oh, I can totally see his female half-warforged cleric of atheism totally dragging the rest of his party into funless adventures in fighting privilege.

>female half-warforged cleric of atheism
kek

Superman doesn't wear a mask because it would dehumanize him. He has to show the people of the world that although he can do these miraculous things, he is still like them and wants to be a part of their world. Making it so that he is constantly hiding from the world ruins the entire point of that. He accepts everyone for who they are, so he shouldn't be hiding who he is.

Maybe you want to go read The Vision instead because that's exactly what he's about.

>jerking off steampunk this hard

Blegh. Cyberpunk or full on machina works 100% better, and has less hipster stigma.

i actually dig the art deco look of the page

Honestly I don't think Diaz took any classes on sequential art. Even when I liked him I found him hard to read and not really worth any wait for new content. Like he knows how to draw but he never really knows how to place the words on the page, his balloon layout is terrible, there is no setting to the story and it boils down to just science!. At this point I've read a lot of books from Scott Mccloud, EIsner, O'neil and many others about the art of comics and he makes the page pretty first with story logic a distant 8th.

Also he threw Jack Kirby under the bus as well in that apology so double fuck him.

>Honestly I don't think Diaz took any classes on sequential art

He's literally a walking example of The Hipster who jumped on the bandwagon.

Anyone have that tweet him made complaining about how many immature men come to Portland and act like they're trendy teenagers and not middle aged men?
Because that is probably the greatest example of lack of self awareness I've ever seen.

>Dire Postmodernists are immune to causality and fire arrows of deconstruction that can be stopped by casting Zeno's Paradox
Come on, that's funny. The wordplay comes from the interaction of the references. He switched out mundane explanations for somewhat obscure jargon, so that why the things that are happening happen is reliant on knowledge of those concepts. Wordplay.

Could be a plot point. Humanity is deeper than "looks like a human" but he doesn't trust humanity to accept that. So he has to overcome that fear.

Gasp, character development in MY Superman? It's more likely than you think.

but thats wrong though, the whole immigrant story aspect of him relies on the fact that he looks just like any normal human

it really doesnt you shit taste faggot

He's talking about bullet vacum slash - cuts people in half like a Katana.

The Big Bang Theory, only with people who're actually capable of holding down jobs.

Why the fuck, all this characters got face "Duh"?

I actually like this one a lot. Sue me.

Fuck you

I know this is pasta but being Diaz.....

Make me.

Never understood this. Maybe it's just because I only draw my own fap material once in a blue moon, and it's not my job to draw it, but it's never been difficult for me to crank one out to my own drawings. Sometimes there's just that one thing you want to see that no one's drawn it, so you draw it yourself.

But again, it's not my job. A lot of lewd artists make a buck off that stuff, and they draw it nonstop all day every day, so I can imagine it might get boring. Or maybe it's like with me where it's just something they have to be in a certain mood for.

What you're describing usually happens to me with unfinished sketches (at least the rare occasions where I bother to do lewds), and then it's usually because I'm visualising it in my head, rather than because of what's on the canvas. At that point, the sketch is just something to latch onto, rather than a solid basis for a fap fantasy.

I don't draw lewds very often either, so there isn't really burnout in that sense. But by the time I finish something, lewd or not, I'm most likely tired of mentally tearing apart every detail, thinking about light sources and colours and shit, and fixating on things that I wish I'd solved earlier.

I don't think if he ever mentions it, but let's assume he knows, it adds a twist to the character, if the colors faded that means this WW is several centuries old

Perhaps nobody took care of Diana's paint, or all amazons are dead in his version.

Well when I'm creating my own character in a video game I sure do. Perhaps it's because I'm using someone else's assets to do so but it's still my creation in the end. Surely there must be some who feel that way.

You miss his point a bit. It's not the fact that something is your creation, but rather the hours and specific thought processes and self-criticisms you've had to put in. See . I'll also add that, personally, seeing porn pop fully-formed from the ether makes it feel a little more "real" to me; helps me think of it less as a collection of lines and values and stuff, and more as a scene from whatever fantasy.

Of course, more power to the artists who can soldier past it (and they're out there), but it seems to be a common hurdle.

Oh shit, I'm sorry

I miss Tiny Carl Jung.

What's with the hate for the panel layout? This has to be one of the few comics where it's completely clear which panel is the next one and ensures you take note of every single panel.

Actually that is pretty much the premise of most speculative science fiction.
When presented in the most classical sense of a science fiction story any time a new technology is introduced, it will almost certainly be presented as something that goes against "The Natural Order" or some such hogwash.

Sequel anyone?

Everyone keeps saying Diaz is really talented despite being an amazing Douchenozzle, but I honestly don't see him as anything special. He's got very good colors, and that really helps the look of his art, but beyond the colors, his work seems kinda samey. All his females have that same big-eyed, resting bitch face, he makes extravagant use of skinny necks, and he makes them all look like kids the way they're proportioned. Specifically, large heads compared to soldier width, with big, shiny eyes. If he weren't so good at coloring, no one would take home seriously.

There is literally no reason for random panels to be laid out in right-to-left reading order.

You know user, if you really have such a problem with panel layout then why not write your own comic?

what do you think your viscera are made of anyway

have you ever actually handled raw non-muscle meats

You know. Maybe Diaz should read some comics to learn decent panel layout.

I do, but one needn't be an artist to criticize art. It does help to recognize what he's doing wrong, though.

The Big Bang Theory but with actual jokes

What?

See , further explained in .

But Clark sees himself as one of us. He doesn't see Humanity as some lesser monkeys that need his protection. He sees people as being just as capable as he is only on a smaller scale because they don't have super powers. He's supposed to be someone who is just trying to help and do good as best he can like his parents raised him too. But I wouldn't expect Diaz to know that.

Fair enough.

why are you defending this sloth? how much did you hove to his patreon.

This stuff is genius, no lie.

Sadly, Diaz's muse is weak and erratic at best, not to mention its attached to an arrogant little man-child.

But boy, when he clicks, his stuff is excellent. Sadly, you can't really stretch a few dozen good pages into a real career, even with a legion of fools donating to your Patreon.

They secretly do like it somewhat. They are just too pissed off by the creator to admit it.

Dinosaurs did that too. They were warm blooded just like birds.

Are mammals even trying?

Is it sad that I really miss the Wonder Twins? They were fun as hell.

>Are mammals even trying?

Uh.....

>looks at every single ecological niche with mammals in it

Well, user, you called it! Mammals are a fad.

What?

To me, Diaz comes across as someone who's so in love with his formative foundations that he's been unable to actually develop any of them. Seems like everything he puts out never goes anywhere.

It's not a secret. Kimiko tickles my dick - I love buff cyborg chick stuff. But Diaz is such a repulsive little assgoblin that I can't really enjoy the comic.

Savage.

No fuck you Aaron, making an entirely different character and then calling him Superman is not good Superman characterization. Also "muh character development" is such bullshit back pedalling on your fundamental misunderstanding of Superman

So what is Diaz's excuse?

No that's the point of characters like the Vision, Omni-Man or Data from star trek and it's still more similar to Martian Manhunter than Superman

He's really fucking good at comics.

I actually wouldn't mind if Martian Manhunter was a post-singularity nanomachine construct. It would help to explain his power set and why he's the last thing alive on a dead plant like Mars.

Never before have I seen someone who loves the smell of their own farts as much as Diaz.

The worst thing about him is that he's got actual artistic skill, but it badly needs to be honed, and he desperately needs to deflate his ego enough to actually listen to some criticism. There is potential there, but he's so far up his own ass that he could never value any opinions that don't exactly match his.

He also really needs a writer to work alongside, or an editor, or just someone to tell him "No, that's stupid," that he can't just ignore or block. Motherfucker still doesn't understand how panels should flow across a page.

Steampunk can be fun.

Is that Moss from IT Crowd and Abed from Community as Cyborg and Flash respectively?

Because"hurr durr nanotechnology/space magic" is so much better?
No, it's the exact same thing just with different terminology

Yes. I'm not sure why he thought we wouldn't notice, it reads as incredibly derivative - especially since it also apes Valve's Aperture Science aesthetic for Cyborg's parts.

The Big Bang Theory if it was actually good.

Except it isn't. Mere evolution is much further from being sufficient explanation for Superman's powers. If you don't agree then you are deluding yourself. Kryptonians engineering themselves to be that powerful makes much more sense.

For what it's worth, he cops to it in the corresponding blog post - he just totally misunderstands Cyborg's character because durr hurt nerds rule jocks drool

>Notes: Cyborg’s current origin (troubled teen who gets in an accident) seemed played out, so I went the technophile angle, which I think is more relevant. It also places a more positive light on Cyborg’s prostheses, as the original origin has a very antiquated “Darth Vader” vibe to it. Here I’ve basically based Cyborg off of Richard Ayoade’s character Moss from The IT Crowd, making him much geekier and emphasizing his intelligence over brute strength. When you’re on a superhero team with the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman, having a gun hand isn’t your greatest attribute. With that in mind, my Cyborg is valued more for his technical skills and madcap ingenuity.

I still love how he gives Zelda all of Link's strengths but Prince Link gets all of Zelda's flaws.

He is a man that can fly, shoot laser beams, and has freeze breath; trying to inject realism into his origin is the stupidest thing you can do.

...pic related?

I think a better recreation would be Robotman/Cliff Steele. Add some extra Theseus ships and you have a spicy mix.

Which is even more fucking ironic considering he taught actual classes on the subject. I can only imagine what sitting through one his sessions must have been like.

Sorry for repeating myself, but it still applies.

Mere evolution is much further from being sufficient explanation for Superman's powers. If you don't agree then you are deluding yourself. Kryptonians engineering themselves to be that powerful makes much more sense.

The only reason you think Superman's powers need justification is because you consider having them to be nonstandard. If there were aliens without the ability to hear they'd think our shitty echolocation was fucking magic.

Ship of Theseus is precisely the metaphor that Cyborg should be written for, but Diaz can't separate his characters from his singularity wank. There's legitimate pathos in Cyborg feeling less than human precisely because he's superhuman but Diaz can't understand why anybody wouldn't want to be a robot. So, instead, he dismisses that as outdated Darth Vader stuff and writes Mecha Maid with an amputation fetish, instead.

>but Prince Link gets all of Zelda's flaws

More like presumed flaws, because ironically, he has a low opinion of Zelda.

I think Diaz' art is pretty good for a webcomic. Better than most, not as amazing as some.
But his ego far outstrips his talent, and he has a tendency to sabotage his art with shitty goddamn panelling.

Yeah, I find it weird how often people seem to say "I'll make Zelda into a 'strong female character'," but never even think of the most obvious change: make her from a Princess to a Queen.

Then basically make her in to the Saxon Queen Aethelflaed. Only instead of being super mad about Pagans she's mad about Gerudos.

Why does he need an explanation? I never see anyone complain about "le serum" or "le 8 years of training that somehow make Batman a Phd level in 20 different fields as well as every martial art" or "le radioactive spider"
You lorefags are fucking autistic.

Making Zelda as a strong monarch is far too medieval for these progressives.

I remember reading some other post in reply to Diaz's shitty goddamn rework that came up with a solo Zelda game that played more to Zelda's strengths instead of gender-swapping Link. More focus on magic and puzzle-solving, combat is still present but more creative than just slashing with a sword.

More than anything, they seem to utterly forget the whole "Triforce of Wisdom" aspect of her.

A Zelda led game would probably be either a puzzle game, or even better, a TRPG or RTS.

>that mission where you have to literally send an army to their death in order to draw the guards from Link's path so he can get another piece of the McGuffin
>"Our lives for Hyrule!"

Part of the trouble of integrating immigrants is that they don't look the same.

Nothing in that post or Diaz's version contradicts that characterization.

Oh. Oooooooh. It's just meme hatred based on some mouthy user's inability to deal with his politics.
That's dumb. You're dumb.

Data's intelligence isn't inhuman, it's just hyper-rational (like Spock).

youtube.com/watch?v=bGO57y4td-c
youtube.com/watch?v=gEXkjl2xSMc

>Sir Not Appearing in This Film
How should the new cyborg look like? .

>It's just meme hatred based on some mouthy user's inability to deal with his politics.
He's petty, vindictive and verbally abusive to his fans. That's more than just his politics and nobody should have to feel an obligation to suffer that kind of treatment just because he draws a pretty comic.

>There's legitimate pathos in Cyborg feeling less than human precisely because he's superhuman but Diaz can't understand why anybody wouldn't want to be a robot.

Hell, Robocop tackled this issue acceptably with the new Robocops that killed themselves the second they realized they were androids - what kind of person does it take to be other than human?

I think nothing rustles me more than people who go on about how more logical and smarter they are than the people who they disagree with.

Or the first movie where Murphy ceases to be a man, but keeps a sense of humanity.

I'm pretty sure you just described his rework.

Why do you pay attention to anything other than the comic?

I liked in Global Frequency when they're sent in to deal with a Cyborg that gets driven insane by the sheer amount of horrible surgical changes that have been wrought on his body

That seems silly. The quantity probably doesn't matter so much as the quality.

I hated Myst.

Sorry, worded that weird. Basically he wakes up with his whole body torn apart and rebuilt into a weapon, and it drives him insane.
That's what he looks like

Did they even do anything with the one black Flash? Didn't he immediately die?

Even then, people aren't generally drive insane by that unless it directly fucks with their mental function (at that point, they're not driven insane, their mental function is fucked with). They just get really depressed.

I wouldn't telegraph your shit taste like that if I were you.

>Even then, people aren't generally drive insane by that

Just how many people that wake up as half machines do you know, user?

Hipster faggot. Read books, they do what Myth did much better.

Some of my bests friends are three-fifths human.

I lost.

There are plenty of people with prostheses, user. Soldiers are technically human weapons, and they often do suffer PTSD from it but AFTER killing people, not just because they've been trained to kill i.e., turned into weapons.

I've yet to find a novel built around pretty visuals and clever, interactive puzzles.

Both that dude and the robocops were basically brains in jars, it's not comparable to a prothesis.

Did cyborg ever have military training?

Clearly there is a fundamental difference in our perceptions of Superman. So you just keep doing you and I'll keep doing me.

A concept that Morrison had 18 years ago.

Sounds good.

bump for no real reason other than I posted in this thread a few times

That's a great reason.

Fuck you, OP! It's an okay reason!

Hold the fuck up, isn't that just J'onn's schitck?

MM wasn't raised on Earth. Also he is a magical shapeshifter for some other completely retarded completely biological reason.

That was a fun scene. Robocop 2 is underrated.
youtu.be/NJIjNs_s2NI

to be honest, i would watch it / read it .
looks interesting

There's just no reason for Robin to be Stephanie. Make her Carrie Kelly and it works.

That's one gay ass Cyborg

>Not posting the other version

In this Oracle is a quadriplegic?

It's still just her legs, but she needs the whole chassis to walk. Also, it hooks her mind into some machines

If she is just a paraplegic then she wouldn't need the exosuit to extend to her arms. She is obviously a quadriplegic. Joker shot her in the fucking throat or some shit.

dresdencodak.tumblr.com/post/11344418364/rebooting-batman

Here's the link. Knock yourself out.

>To be fair, there's basically no non-white people on the JL
>Who is Cyborg anyway

>13% of the US population is black
>half the US comic book characters are black

yep we need more diversity.

Gotcha. Paraplegic it is.

Nah

Give credit where credits due

Diaz is one of those faggots who's doing everything he can to get views regardless of the quality of his work.

>constant sexual teasing
>Stirring drama all the while being SJW so he can still appeal to the (my parents gives me unlimited money to my credit card college type)

Hey Hey Hey, WE WERE KINGS AND SHEIT . No way comics can't ignore that, AM I RITE FELLOW Cred ForumsMIC BOOK READERS?

Diversity isn't the issue, this is now affirmative action.

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't suffered a Whedonesque SJW backlash, yet. His whole schtick is literally the objectification of women, as the protagonist of his comic has slowly gone from bookish tomboy to bionic sex goddess. Or are we supposed to feel empowered because he likes drawing T&A?

I hate this comic just because it isn't made clear until the ninth fucking panel that it's a Joss Whedon parody.

I dunno, it looks like a pretty spot-on caricature. Plus, it was presented as a direct response to something stupid he posted about Jurassic World.

It's not our fault you didn't read the comic title.

I read the title but still don't think it's clear. He could've easily just been some guy who'd go on to watch Age of Ultron, there was nothing establishing him as someone important.

waaaay to miss the point on Superman..

Great on MMH or Vision though.

>as the protagonist of his comic has slowly gone from bookish tomboy to bionic sex goddess
>BIONIC SEX GODDESS
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET ME TO PICK UP DARK SCIENCE AGAIN, DIAZ!

>>half the US comic book characters are black

Can I get a chart proving that?

reaction to Diaz are universally better than diaz

this would be a lot more fun than "link, but purple"

Why did he make his waifu powergirl instead of Cyborg?

>turn Superman into Martian Manhunter

Why?

I'll just leave this here.

Because "lol, gravity is a little heavier therefore he can fly and shoot laser beams also sunlight is magic" is stupid.

Also Mars isn't post-singularity.

Any new R34?

>Mars isn't post-singularity
Doesn't matter. Martian Manhunter is Superman + shapeshifting. If you give Superman shapeshifting, he's basically just Martian Manhunter - telepathy; and, frankly, with Diaz's post-singularity bullshit, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he gave nanomachine Superman telepathy because it's all just EM radiation lol.

Mars is post-everything. There's nothing there but dust, ice and thin air.

THE FUCK IS THIS?!

>Martian Manhunter is Superman + shapeshifting.
Except for the fact they don't have the same powers and MM is a completely different character irrespective of either's powers. You might as well be arguing that Superman doesn't need to exist because Power Girl or Supergirl exist, and they ACTUALLY have the same powers as Superman.

For what?

He has a few times, actually. Every time he quits twitter for a couple days until his fanbase gives him enough asspats to pull him out of his exile.

Another /tg/ here.
It's Calvinball: Philosophy 101 D&D edition.

>minmaxes like a Jew splitting the bill
>"I'm just optimizing my character! It's the logical thing to do!"
>Plays completely meta, never has his character's opinion differ from his own
>strive to eliminate pantheons
>tries to make a 'science' religion

>are we supposed to feel empowered because he likes drawing T&A
>we
are you a grill?

the user would probably pay attention to the comic more if it updated regularly

>It's Calvinball: Philosophy 101 D&D edition.
That sounds fun.

LYNCHING OF DIAZ WHEN

anyone got that screencap of diaz getting BTFO by kaze when he was bitching about nintendo not giving him money to create shitty designs for them

If she's 100% gyndroid then why the fuck is one of her arms just exposed metal
Did they run out of money for flesh or what

Because she likes it that way.

There's a difference between losing a limb or limbs and having most of your body disgustingly altered in a short period.

yeah that's hugely representative and not a token gesture made very recently

J'onn codes as black.

It was a reaction to someone calling him out on his lack of productivity. I think he was two or three months behind on his twice-a-month comic, at that point. He pitched a fit about how all of his fans are self-entitled manbabies who don't deserve him, and how he'd rather work in a coal mine than draw two fucking comics a month. I'm sure someone has the pic.

>not have peeny
What is he, five years old?

He's an oppressed minority even though he's whiter than my dutch/irish ass

>codes
Please go back to tumblr and never return.

So basically a lil bit of humor blown way out of proportions thanks to people saying "think of the trans"?
Wow that's a stupid reason to turn your back on a guy.

i like the wonder woman costume

Have you been on social media, lately? It's like a fucking race to see who can take the most offense fastest.

He totally does, though. My preferred carrying for him would be Lance Reddick.

>half-asian
>short hair with white strands
>heterochromia
>cyborg/amputee
>fit
>scars/tattoos

I've seen actual porn with less fetishes than this.

I know, right? It's just so... ugh! Can we not?

I miss Tiny Carl Jung.

I miss my mom.

Does Cyborg work at the kwik-e-mart?

>Kal-ston
>The Flasher
I like it

All of Diaz girls have the same exact face and expression (mouthbreather), even though he gives lectures on how sameface is bad.

He can't name the enemy so he says "white" but we know what he means good old Aaron Hakenkreuz

I look like there is variety, to me.

I thought it was interesting, and I like his work.

Diaz, what are you doing on Cred Forums?

Holy lol this guy wasn't kidding when he drew Diaz

So..Superman is Martian Manhunter?

>Batgirl with the Catwoman style
I can dig it.
>Robin
The best thing I can say is that it reminds me of Gray Ghost in TAS

For some reason I'm really digging that Martian Manhunter redesign.
Maybe because it looks more rogue-ish.

FEE

Ethnicity=/=culture
if you look white and everyone around you assumes you're white you can't play the "native blood seethes through my veins ese" card.

Don't take this meme too far else you will run it into the ground.

tg oldfag here, somebody actually made a playable rpg based on that.
or you could play nobilis.

I don't frequent Cred Forums, what's this diaz meme about? These character look pretty cool except Cyborg. I really like the martian manhunter and batman.

this is the worst batman redesign i ever see

I remember when this was first posted in a Diaz thread, it's adorable. I could imagine a walksprite of her just being her head, cape and the little legs running fast when not in flight or fight.

>Princess Zelda - The angriest marshmallow.

I KNOW HOW TO ZELDA
MAKE JOURNEY
WITH A SWORD

I actually test drive my erotic art, it's the only way to be sure it works.

>going trough the character creation screen in a videogame is the same as drawing or painting
you better be joking

I don't get it, what am I supposed to be mad about?

>mask because it would dehumanize him

This is nonsense. Spiderman wears a mask and you'll be hard pressed to find many people who think Superman is more human than Spiderman. Superman doesn't wear a mask because he doesn't feel like it and the glasses/haird-do disguise is a good gag. Stop trying to see meaning in everything.

Spider-man only feels humane because reader gets to see everything from his perspective.

In public, he's regarded as a menace

Less so than Power Girl or Supergirl are Superman.

His Grodd design is still the worst. A great Ultra Humanite design though

Superman has been around for so long that writers have applied meaning to everything.

That Batgirl is absolute fucking trash. I literally want to kill Diaz in real life for that. Just fucking shank him in the middle of the street and walk away slowly, coolly, while putting shades on, as the bystanders cheer me for finally putting an end to his chicanery.

>357 Replies / 50 Images / 163 Posters

>batman's boots have the toe split like ninja shoes
ugh
aside from that it's a pretty conservative design, probably because people didn't like the previous one, don't get why everyone itt is freaking out

It's clear if you know about internet drama, panel 3 is an actual tweet

>rebuild whole body
>keep thickass eyebrows, big monkey ears, huge honker and fishmouth

>how do I write a strong character?
>must value #strenght
T-thanks

There's no need to be angry

>haha she's unhappy with being in the scantily clad outfits so it's feminist

>Yoko

I refuse to believe Aaron Diaz watched Gurren Lagann and enjoyed it.

Stuff like TTGL and KLK seem right up the alley of people like Diaz though, to be honest.

He's such a no fun allowed fag though.

Dude did you ever watch Next Gen? There's like 15 episodes about "is Data human?"
He can't feel emotion. He's not Spock where he suppresses them, he is incapable.

Except the press sees Spider-Man as a criminal menace while they love Supes? You are fucking retarded

He'd watch it, fap to it, then denounce it on twitter

this exactly

he'd condemn the female objectification and then go back to drawing gratuitous close ups of kimiko's butt

I miss Princess Highground

He's basically like the soccer mom who's discovered a fraction of Native American lineage in their family tree. Suddenly putting feathers and chieftain portraits all over the house and talking about Her People.

Who is she? She's an awesome cyborg. Being awesome is a blessing and a curse.

>Lots of women don't have vaginas
Let's play with that a little. Assuming that it's an actual thing, and not just a mental disorder.

The number of women without vaginas is ~52500 in the U.S. (Given the 70,000 number of Transexuals, and about 75% are MtF)
Which sounds like a lot, until you realize that there are ~324,551,626.
52500/324551628=0.00016176162
.0162% of the population. That's one of the more rarer things.

>Things there are more of in the US than 'women' without vaginas, that aren't well represented in comics
>Centenarian (people over 100): 53,364
>Taoists: 56,000
>Spinal Cord Injury patients: 250,000
>People living in Montana: 1,032,949
>Peopled 'Abraham': 56,602
>People living in Peoria, Illinois:115,021
>People who work in McDonalds: 420,000
>Abortions in the US in 2012: 699,202

>So what's the takeaway?
I won't be happy until I see a 100 year old aborted, paraplegic superhero centered in Peoria, Illinois who works under the name 'Abraham' at McDonald's and is a practicing Taoist.

>Robocop, Yoko, Sagan, ???, Chell, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch, ???, Dangerous Duck, ???, Ash
>Thor, Sith, Ramona, Psycho-something Anime, Samus, Inspector Gadget, Hellboy, Gordon

Help me with the others.

Nausicaa, Edward Elrich, the sith is Darth Revan, "Psycho Something" is Ghost in the Shell

meant to quote

I'd fuck that Carla Sagan.

Pic semi-related.

Maybe you should focus on stuff he actually did that made you mad instead of imagining him doing stuff that would make you mad.

Is that Evil Dead Kimiko going braless and have a shirt that is only staying on because two straps running tightly between her boobs?

Yes,

Bueno.

I miss video games

Hi, guys. Why are we hating this cunt?

Because you can't read the thread

That was fucking retarded. Anyone who liked that should kill themselves.

That's a silly reason to hate him. He has zero influence in that.

Blah blah blah, he's a hypocrite who gets offended about feminist ideals that he himself violates. He is fast to criticize others but can't take criticism himself.

Because he draws one comic strip a year

She didn't ask to become a totally rad cyborg... or maybe she did. Transhumanism is kinda her and Aaron's Thing.

>She didn't ask to become a totally rad cyborg... or maybe she did.

Because it's easy.

>I actually based Cyborg on Richard Ayoade
Fuck, I knew he looked familiar. That's dumb as fuck though.

>>Notes: Cyborg’s current origin (troubled teen who gets in an accident) seemed played out

So he replaced one cliche with another?

So she's just the Major now?

>Guy nicknamed friendly neighborhood Spiderman
>Public enemy

Nice try J. Jonah

The pathological bureaucrat is fit. What's your excuse?

I'm not an objectifying drawing from some hypocritical nu-male beta cuck's spank bank.

English please.

I like this, but that Robin should be shota!Dick.

>nihilism
>ubermensch
no

I like the sexy drawings of the girls, sure, but not more than I hate Diaz for being a shitty person.

Sure, he's talented, but he's not the best. I can look at sexier drawings by nicer people and not miss sleep

Christ dude, I just got the gym membership. I haven't even finished creating a routine yet.

>John Stewart
>Vixen
>Black Lightning
>Steel
>Bloodwynd

I liked it when Far Side did it better,

Welcome back Dobby!

God forbid but why hasn't Diaz gotten into Overwatch yet? You'd think with all the cybernetics, thinking robots, AI, and girls that look like Ashley Burch he'd have at least made fan art.

My issue is more with the idea that saying strong women can't have cocks=PROMOTING misgendering which leads to discrimination and violence. I'd like to see the causation behind that.

Eventually the Sun will burn out and the Earth will die. Mammals have gotten a lot closer, a lot faster, to getting off the planet time than the Dinosaurs. In addition, spreading out over multiple planets would prevent us from getting ganked by an asteroid out of fucking nowhere like a bunch of scrubs.

He's a year behind the rest of us.

he's too much of a hipster to try out anything that's new and popular

>a 100 year old aborted, paraplegic superhero centered in Peoria, Illinois who works under the name 'Abraham' at McDonald's and is a practicing Taoist.
I'm stealing this

I hate Joss Whedon but even I feel compelled to defend him from the freakish tranny hordes.

Lockjaw from He-Man is at the top.

That's a pretty stupid answer regardless of what you think of trans people.

Fuck off Diaz

Even as thumbnails you can see how big of a clusterfuck these are

>His Silmarillion blog

Holy jesus. All the designs are either ugly, boring, or both.

>A second motivation is to provide a greater representation of women and people of color in the narratives. While Tolkien made more than a few missteps regarding race and gender, the “everyone is white” trend in adaptations is a symptom of other people ignoring what’s in the texts.

Many of the fans (who at least half female) already draw the characters as PoC or whatever. If he looked up fan art on tumblr he'd know he's far, far from the first person to be doing this shit. This is also ignoring how Tolkien doesn't really describe how people look that much. Off the top of my head all I can remember is Fingon has braids, Galadriel is blond, Maedhros has red hair, Aredhel wore white clothes, and Maeglin is creepy pale. And though there is a big imbalance of male to female characters, there are still a lot of cool female characters people like to ignore for bitching purposes. And the fanbase also has LGBT shit out the wazoo, since Diaz seems to have forgotten that.

>Additionally, all of Tolkien’s writings are presented as if they’re written from a limited and flawed historical perspective (LoTR and The Hobbit were “written” by Hobbits, etc). The position of my adaptation is to present what “actually” happened- the events upon which the flawed or biased history is based. Just like with real historians, the presence of women and people of color, and their achievements, are frequently ignored.

The entire Silmarillion is also written by a hobbit. Bilbo Baggins, pathological liar. He compiled it for his patron Lord Elrond, whose ancestors all just happen to be the least actively douchey (usually) in the book. Everything is biased and supposed to be up for debate, just like real mythology. That's the whole fucking point. If anyone's representation in the books should be addressed it's any non-Noldor elf.

Pic related, black Fingon

The amount of SJWs that know of Diaz is less than that of his actual legit fanbase. Also they hesitate to shanghai his ass because Diaz can just play the race card

maybe he was trying to work within twitter's wordcap? I don't even see the joke, he's just saying that a strong female lead can't be a dude

>I was a fan of Diaz at one point
>I actually like his art
>I thought Dark Science was mostly gibberish but still kind of cool
>tfw I found out all the cool stuff is almost outright plagiarized from better works like Metropolis
>tfw I actually interact with him and find out he's the biggest SJW nu-male I've ever come across
>tfw I found out Diaz was an insufferable jizzrag of a person from his social media
>tfw he still gets paid an obscene amount of money to draw a single comic page every month (if even that) while he spends the rest of his time being a dickbag on Twitter

>He thinks the guy actually plays video games

Just like Steven Universe, except they call them "references" and not "blatant ripoffs"

>peeny
>penis
It's the same number of characters. Try again.

What a fine moustachioed gentleman

I'm not seeing it.

A ripoff would be something you hid, user. Like what Vanilla Ice did.

>Just like with real historians, the presence of women and people of color, and their achievements, are frequently ignored.
Hol up, you be sayin we wuz characters based on anglo-saxon and scandinavian mythology?

Lips are not shaped that way.

And eyes aren't that big. That doesn't stop cartoonists for doing it all the fucking time. What matters is that you can discern the face at a glance, which you can in this case.

>Being surprised that Diaz is pulling the "why weren't there more black people in this region-specific story?" card

inb4 "muh feminism"

This eases my autism, plane and simple.

At a glance it looks like a moustache, it's only because you're aware of better artists using that stylization and because of the context that you see it as a lip.

>his wonder woman redesign has the same braless cleavage weighted down by metal wedge

>At a glance it looks like a moustache
Then where is her mouth? Are you not good at seeing proportions at a glance?

No it doesn't. The metal is on her upper chest, well above her breasts and completely connected to the shoulders.

I'm talking about the OP picture you dummy

>Shockingly enough, the regions based on a pre-medieval Northern Europe don't include other ethnicities that were not native to those regions, nor present in any notable numbers during the period on which the story is based.

>I thought I'd fix this by randomly assigning races to the characters irrespective of where they're supposed to hail from. For instance, even though they are only really significant in Nordic mythology and are traditionally described as possessing fair hair and skin, I've always felt that Elves were meant to be characterized as a sub-tropical island people - so, all of my Elves are now based on the monolithic cultural category of " Pacific Islander," and for extra authenticity, I've mixed up a bunch of poorly understood ethnic stereotypes about Hawaiians, Samoans and Papuans.

>I think this is much more culturally sensitive and representative of minorities that can't represent themselves - but it's a burden that I, as a second-generation Cuban, am happy to bear. People of color need to stick together.

hidden under the edge of the moustache, have you never seen one?
And don't bring proportions into a highly stylized big eyes small mouth manga face

The part about the cleavage being an easily grabbed handle is dumb because that can apply to any clothing that's not armor, cleavage or no, so it's a moot point.

I'm not seeing it no matter how hard I try. Maybe I'm simply used to it but I'd be willing to be cash money that most people are able to recognize mouth shadowing when they see it instead of seeing a mustache with a virtual lack of a mouth.

>that can apply to any clothing that's not armor
Why is that?

The Singularity is worse than Steam Punk and Cyber Punk.

look at there is an actual moustachioed man and of course there is no extra mouth line
Besides it's an old joke, everytime an artist uses the dark upper lip stylization half of the comments will be about the moustache, here it's just harder to unsee than average, you're just being an autistic cunt

Not a bad concept really. Could see a game like this, but there'd always be some angry feminist who would complain that "we couldn't just change Link's gender."

Concur.

Fuck'em.

bump. want to see this

I mean....wouldn't Zelda as a different character be more interesting than "lets put tits on Link!"?

>but never even think of the most obvious change: make her from a Princess to a Queen.
And then Nintendo themselves one upped the complainers with Skyward Sword and went "Hey Zelda? Literally a goddess. And not just any goddess, the boss bitch of the other three."

What is this from? And where is batman?

To Diaz? Ha

But male Link would still exist, and that's bad. For Reasons.

Hey let's turn Superman in MM it's will be a cool idea.

Wow really? He is a shape shifter?

Is she really made of clay?
it was my understanding she was a clay baby magiced into a flesh and blood person

>grassy field & cel-shading on character models
>WOW THIS GAME IS BORROWING EVERYTHING FROM GHIBLI HUH
Are you kidding me

absolute garbage

It is though. Nintendo said their main inspiration for the artstyle for this game is japanese animation. And the first trailer is FULL of Princess Mononoke parallels.
You know, the one Ghibli movie with the male protagoniost. Ha.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oYDVLhnXh0

Here, for comparison sake.

You know Ghibli had male protagonists as well? Like several major films had males ones. There last one did as well!

I like the idea of MM being a nice guy with a spoopy alien face under his hood (despite being a shapeshifter)

The rest are trash except that cute little GL that I'd do things to

I'm totally stealing that GL from Diaz and he will bitch and complain about Twitter like Max Landis when he thought they were ripping off his Shocker fanfic in Superior Foes, but this time Diaz is gonna be right and there is nothing he could do about it because GL isn't his intellectual property.

Do it, faggot. Post results.

That GL is Yuko Ota and the flash is her boyfriend.

A mustache doesn't have a gap between the nose and the mustache.

Is that really a bad thing though? Doesn't the early Zelda stuff take heavy inspiration from Moebius' work? What's wrong with drawing from various sources?

He's trying really, really hard to make up for his White Cuban ancestry and the centuries of slavery and oppression his family had a direct hand in.

Remember that any time he starts claiming to be a minority.

>Is that really a bad thing though?
No, no one said it was a bad thing.

Motherfucker hasn't even played a Metroid game yet.

He claims to have played Dark Souls though, which is fucking weird.

Eh, Diaz's weird passive aggressiveness makes it hard to figure out if he hates or supports what Nintendo is doing.

Capes are an example, and other various heroes do have long baggy clothing. So unless you wear some kind of skin tight body suit or armor, then you're pretty much expected to be grabbed by your suit

Like the visuals. If we ignore Stephanie Robin and just pretend it's a new fem-Robin character then it's alright.

I actually prefer his other Batman rewrite effort. Better Robin in that one. I actually also somewhat admire Diaz for going against a lot of the comic sacred cows. If more of his changes were GOOD then I'd be happier, but I still admire the effort.

But high heels were a practical, military design.

DC Amazons aren't depicted as Kanga Archers enough, clearly.

Nah, Diaz was being passive agressive because Link isn't a girl.

Also I hope Aonuma NEVER makes Link a girl and doesn't take that stupid feedback to heart, since I know he does take feedback. Link isn't a complete blank like a DaS character. He has a clear story and personality in the 3D games even if he is portrayed as silent. Might as well make Sonic transgender.

Thank you, based Dogfucker.

These comics are pretty shit m8.

Here, let me empower her for you

I think this has potential. If you change practically everything about it.

Sauce on this?

Misfits was such a good fucking show.

Except that's really not the same thing at all. One is a joke about how a lot of science fiction plots can be summed up as "Arrogant scientist invents something new and it goes terribly wrong!" While the other one is time travelers from the past instead of the future.

That doesn't seem so bad. The actual comics have done far worst with their characters.

>Hating Electric Blue Supes

It does if you groom it that way you mong

jesus fucking christ, never mind the total lack of media savvy he has to have to not understand eisner contributions to the comic medium, how does he even begin to think for a moment that war fleeing romanian jewish immigrants get to count as having white privilege?

don't be retarded you know damn well there's a wide range of [dys]function in heeled shoe design. An actual cavalry heel is fine on horseback and not much else, but that's far from what most shitty super heroine outfits employ and you know it.

>Drawing cheesecake under th pretense of 'It's EMPOWERING'

I still can't get over this. Just draw pinups. It's your own damn character, do what you want. Just fucking stop trying to make it into something it isn't.
Anyone have him trying to justify his sports bra fetish by explaining how it's the only kind of bra that won't make active women's boobs fall off or something?

Wow, I am genuinely angry. Talk about complete fucking ignorance, while playing in the man's own fucking backyard.

>Diaz
>Trying to ape on HARK! A VAGRANT.
Why am I not surprised? At least HAV has some wit, this just feels like WORDSWORDSWORDS in Diaz's usual smug philosophical style.

>power girl
>hurting
wat?

also, just because there is no shoulder support, doesn't mean it's not tight enough. And if someone would use that 'weakness', it would just rip off, considering they even have the strength to fight her at that level, that is.

I never said anything about Martian Manhunter.

There cannot possibly be "realistic" in a Superman comic -- it is, by definition, completely unrealistic.

Why is he evangelical if he's clearly wearing a Catholic getup?

Fuck you bitch electric superman was great

He was making a joke, you cocksucker.

OK, that's just crazy. Flight, Super-strength, Invulnerability (except to a weird weakness), Super-speed, Breathe In Space, "Martian Vision (aka "Eye-Lasers", X-Ray vision, etc)", Super Senses...Yeah, nothing like Superman.

>You might as well be arguing that Superman doesn't need to exist

But no one is arguing that?

Face it, you're just wrong.

OP, here. Thank you to everyone that participated. I'm immensely gratified that I got over two hundred people to respond to such weak bait.