Do you think there will be a new avatar series? If so, will it take place directly after Korra or be some earthbending avatar before her?

Favorite element?
best girl?

Please, keep the korrasami posting to a minimum, it's bad enough that's how Korra had to end.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B95W9Qk501KrdTNUSXBLTEZSVDg/view
youtube.com/watch?v=E9iw1ISArks
bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408
bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
fanfiction.net/s/10953682/1/Avatar-Synergy
youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If a new one is made i hope they go back in time and make it about an avatar before Aang, as i think it would become too futuristic if they take one after Korra.

Would also hope that Brykes involvment is as little as possible so we can have some actual writers make the important decisions.

I don't want another avatar series. But if they did do another series, I would want it to be about some previous random earth or fire avatar and their adventures with little to no ties to ATLA or LoK.

I agree with the takes place before Aang. But I would love to see a avatar after Korra seek help from past avatars, only to find out its only Korra.

I don't think there would be ties to atla unless they use roku. Which they wouldnt because he basically had his own little thing.

Less lesbians
Less drama
More brothels
More azula

>More azula
Good taste

However, impossible to have more of her.

>Earth Avatar is someone who's extremely practical and struggles to grasp the enormity of his position, people have to urge him to even attempt to meditate and "commune with spirits" because he doesn't believe in any of it and just wants to figure out how to fix problems
>Sits down and tries for hours, ends up falling asleep and Korra is able to approach him in a dream
>Oh wow, it finally happened! Hey thanks for coming to find me, look we've got all these problems, the Earth Federation's government is out of control, they annexed the Air temples and they're threatening to invade the Fire Nation. It's a huge cluster and I have no idea what to do! Can you and the other avatars give me some advice? Surely there's been times in history where things like this have happened before.
>Uhh, it's basically just me. Have you tried going to the leader's office and beating them up?

Why do people make threads like this?
OP has nothing he wants to say, no real question. He just wants people to entertain him with the same inane shit we've seen a thousand times before.

What if they just made animated adaptations of the comics?

>"the rest of the season earthbending avatar tries to connect with his past lives with spirit Korra as a companion."

I've actually been responding in this thread. I just miss the avatar universe and wish there was another there series.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, like maybe between adventures of crises, the two of them just try to repair the link Korra severed? The Earth Avatar just thinks it's the right thing to do and an older, slightly wiser, dead Korra wants to make up for her mistakes (it's not like Korra's legacy could be tarnished any further)

Fuck reboots, sequels and all that assorted crap.

No, I don't want another Avatar series. Or a reboot of any old favorite, or a sequel, or a "reimagining" or any and all other such products of creative bankruptcy.

>best girl?
Pic related is the only answer

Damn, I want this to happen but it won't.

Nobody cares what you want.

>Do you think there will be a new avatar series?
Not any time soon until Nick gets really desperate

>If so, will it take place directly after Korra or be some earthbending avatar before her?
They'll probably go full nostalgia and make it about Aang's post Sozin Comet adventures, maybe they'll animate the comics.

>Favorite element?
pic related

>best girl?
Suki

>best boy?
Zuko

>Korrasami
a shit

I would be alright with a post 100 year war adventures. Everyone at the age range of 21-23 doing wacky stuff.

Are the comics any good?

Could work i guess, but they'd have to redo some of the dialogue so we don't have to suffer through "sweetie" shit all the time.

I wish for a new avatar series not on nick. I'm sick of hearing all the character not being able to say "kill or murder."

They say shit like "dispatch or destroy" and it's not natural.

I we didn't know anything about korras character this scene would be so much better

I would actually like to see a reboot of Korra under different writers and have them drop the ending, but i doubt that's going to happen.

Unless Aaron were back on the writing team I wouldn't want it.

Reposting from the other thread

North and South part 1 is here

drive.google.com/file/d/0B95W9Qk501KrdTNUSXBLTEZSVDg/view

Finally, Sokka and Katara get their own comic

The idea seems pretty interesting but they'll probably shit the bed in the end like it has happened with all the rest of the comics and three of Korra's seasons.

It's funny how most of the memes we had in the Varrinet threads about how Northerns and Southerns saw each other turned out to be true.

Why does Aang make it into the cover if he isn't even there? Might as well put Zuko and Toph as well.

>They say shit like "dispatch or destroy" and it's not natural.
you never been in politics.

It's not natural in a show like this.

I liked it, but in a way i feel like the two sides were shown as a bit extreme. I hope they end up with a compromise so those inbetween gets to be happy.

Tales of momma Tophs adventures.

>I hope they end up with a compromise so those inbetween gets to be happy.

That's how it usually goes:

The Promise:
>Earth King:" The colonies are rightful Earth Kingdom clay"
>Zuko: "The colonies will remain part of the Fire Nation because that's what the people there want"
>Solution: the colonies will become a new independent country

The Rift
>Spirit: "HUMANS POLLUTING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"
>humans: "Industrialization brings progress"
>Solution: Let's keep the factories, tone down on the pollution and pray to the spirits once in a while

Smoke and Shadow
>Zuko: "I just want to bone my mom in peace"
>Mai's dad: "Zuko a shit for giving me a desk job, so I'm going hand over the anti-Zuko rebellion to a bunch of madwomen and start kidnapping babies"
>Azula: "Imma kidnap babies to turn Zuko into my ideal man"
>Solution: Zuko promises to become a better Fire Lord?

Let's hope it ends up as less of a clusterfuck than Smoke and Shadow did

Katara is going to side with the rebels because of "muh mom". Its going to be annoying.

Anyway, how long has it been since the start of the series? two years tops? you don't build a whole new city in that time, magic kung fu contractors be damned.

So Gran-Gran can fuck Pakku but Hakoda can't fuck Malina?

still pretty dumb when Gran literally fled to the other extreme of the world to avoid marrying him in the first place.

She even stole his bling.

At least she should have had the decency to return the engagement necklace.

How well would the Earth Avatar take to Metal and Lightning Bending

Personally I think a really good way to do another series is have it be at the height of an avatar's power, and it doesn't really matter which, we could have Korra again, a future avatar, a past avatar, or hell even Aang. The important thing is to have the avatar in the series already have their shit figured out to the point where they can just be a mysterious legendary background character.

Then instead have the protagonists be a couple of random benders and civilians that get caught up in their own adventures that are minor in the grand scheme of things, but very close and personal to these characters. This would be an excellent way to reset the power creep and give a chance to really flesh out the world and give it a new air of mystery when seen through the eyes of characters that aren't the best of the best.

I'd say it's the next avatar in the cycle. It would be nice if we could get through a full avatar cycle.

But what would be the names of the books? 3 or 4 books?

I really doubt it would happen. What issues would the next avatar face? What wasn't covered yet? Third wave feminism?

Aang's the mascot, he has to be on the cover even if it makes no sense.

This is one of the best comics though. Sokka's still written like a goofball but him and Katara are strong enough to carry this story by themselves.

Katara getting pissy at Hakoda's new squeeze was inevitable, but I'm glad how they've made her questionable BEFORE the reveal that they're together. At least Katara has reasons to be pissed beyond just "not muh momma"

Let's just hope that doesn't make her join the confederate army

Pretty sure they mentioned death in Book 4 of LoK.

Remember the scene where the Earth Empress had the air pulled from her lungs and we watched her suffocate? The blood vessels burst in her eyes. That was hardcore

youtube.com/watch?v=E9iw1ISArks

If only he had said death instead of darkness

I'm rewatching LoK, and it has pretty deep stuff. Apart from Unolak tentacle-raping Ravaa.

It might be cool seeing her don wolf armor though

>"them fucking northies cucked muh ma"

>How well would the Earth Avatar take to Metal and Lightning Bending
Metal, yes, Lightning? maybe no.

Even that has a nuanced argument if you dig deep enough. Its just too bad they had half the time to make that season in, so the writing got snubbed.

I'm not watching it unless Bryke has nothing to do with it beyond allowing someone else to work on it.

They aren't bad world/plot builders. What they are is bas character writers. Try to recognize that the worst things about each season have to do more with character dialogue than the specifics of the plot. (except deus ex aang. but that one is on nickelodeon)

I would like that season a thousand times better if:

>Unalaq says "the true Avatar" rather than "Dark Avatar"
>Jinora's ex-machina gets completely removed
Korra's entire journey in the spirit world was all about finding the light in the dark, it made no sense that Jinora was the one to do it in the finale.

Is Hakoda fugging Unalaq's wife?

Jinora ex machina would be better if she got the "little bit of light" from Iroh's teapot and gave that to Korra instead of actually doing like nothing at all and somehow that worked cause reasons

Cause like, the light was ravaa

I doubt it's the same Malina since Unalaq's kids are still like 50 years away from being born.

Or like, heres a better season two in general.

>At the end of season one Korra never got her bending back, instead aang opens her avatar state for her, and that gives her enough confidence to not jump off that cliff or whatever

>Season two they go to the winter spirits festival in the south pole and start to visit the air temples to track the path of avatar aang when he was learning the elements hoping to reconnect something in her.

>From there everything plays out as is, except unalaq becomes korra's spiritual guide to help her gain her other bending properties back, not to help her with rando dark spirits she didn't know were even a problem until five minutes before she decided to train with him.

> Over the course of the first four episodes and the civil war plot she slowly gains her other bending abilities back through actually learning shit. This is later used as a mirror to avatar wan's journey

>In the end she has JUST become a better avatar all around when unalaq reveals his true self and the finale plays out the same but this time Korra's actually losing a lot more in losing the avatar's because by this point she's worked so hard to get them back.

>follow that up with tenzin's "the real strength was you all along" and the whole season feels a lot more complete.

Where are the Watercest edits?

here is a reminder for everyone.

Fire

Tie between Regular Toph, Korra and Azula

Azula thread?

/Thread

The whole Korra thing was caused by legal issues, we man never see anything from the franchise airing in television.
But if there were to be a new series:
>Mini series
>The creators just having fun, exploring new concepts and concentrating on expanding the universe, action scenes, scenery and not much character.
>Maybe a Cloud Atlas structure, but with less conection between time and space, so the creators do not waste time trying to force a conection (unless they find a clever way to do it)
>Going from Avatar Wan and Roku, the Siege of Ba Sing Se by General Iro, to some new characters
>Every episode or block is directed by a different person (for damage control)
>It would be soo great it the art style changed between time jumps
>Stupid idea: The next Avatar is born in a time period where it is basically the Vietnam war (both aesthetically pleasing and brutal). We see more from non benders fighting alongside and against benders with more modern technology making it the most /k/ avatar ever. Or the same, but with communist aesthetics and inspired technology (unlike Amon, who only had Mao-inspired aesthetics but with steampunk tech)
>Basically; The Animatrix
>I just want to see pretty pictures and make all of our wet dreams real

>SWT extremists have a legitimate point about the north interfering too much and taking away their own culture
>fuck it up by making them evil and crazy
every fucking time.

There should definitely be more anthology stuff like Animatrix and Gotham Knight. Pacific Rim should do one.

Because otherwise they would solve the plot by talking rather than with ebin bending battles

Short answer. No. The creators are burnt out, the fanbase has splurged it's load and is suffering from fatigue.

Long answer: Possibly. The creators loved the concept but they'll probably not want to do another TV series again.
I can see them try at another live action film or an animated special.

They will still probably make comics for another 10 years or so.
>If so, will it take place directly after Korra or be some earthbending avatar before her

Probaly more Gaang era comics like they've been doing.

>The next Avatar is born in a time period where it is basically the Vietnam war
Ehhh i'd rather the whole Korean War idea where Ba Sing Se becomes a North Korean ish City where they outlaw bending besides the riot police. The avatar is born there without any idea about the concept of the avatar and he does some weird shit to find out about bending and for a season his friends and him try and escape. I'd have to find the screen cap.

Here's a pitch:

>takes place in the equivalent of the Avatar 80's. Lots of corrupt buisnessmen, extravagance, under late Cold War themes of fear and optimism
>Avatar is from Earth Kingdom, now Democratic Earth Republic, stand in for People's Republic. Pragmatic, very logical and methodical.
>Avatar being born to dirty commies upsets other Capitalist nations
>Upon coming of age, Avatar is shown before other nations for first time.
>Cue international shitshow
>Meanwhile, Avatar stays in Republic City, feeling a large degree of culture shock being thrown into this new uncertain world
>Primary antagonist is millionare playboy entrepreneur comedian talk show host that happens to be secretly the reincarnation of the other Avatar cycle started in Korra S2. Less evil for evil's sake.
>Cue Avatar and co. running around, finding out deep secrets about the past, including ties to Korra, the DER, and even some the Avatar themselves.

Is it going to have esoteric-Kuviraism?

>Have you tried going to the leader's office and beating them up?

This is probably what Yangchen would've done and it would've been enough.

Unalaq died in the avatar state. He's not getting reborn.

W A T E R T E N T A C L E S

Eh, Bryke would bullshit a shitty excuse to justify it.

If that doesn't work, leave it with just firebender with ties to various workings.

What was his endgame again?

The first series was great. Korra started off promising and then the sudden "Lol we fixed everything" ending of season 1 exposed the series as garbage. Season 2 was a wide awake nightmare that was so stupid that I'd write the entire thing off as a non-canon fever dream if korra didn't fuck over the entire series and its lore so badly that the ramifications were felt through out the rest of the series. Season 3 was an amazing return to form with good characters, a good plot, a good villain team, and a down beat, meaningful ending that felt like it had consequences. season 4 started out well, coming off the ending of season 3, but by the end it was just fucking garbage, punctuated with the out of nowhere tumblr bait ending that they now use as a shield to call any criticism against them "homophobic".

In summary, korra is garbage and it probably ruined the series and any hope for future sequels. Even if they said they were coming out with one I'd feel no excitement, just dread about what new depths of retardation bryke will plumb this time.

It's basically the same story as Star wars; Bryke went full retard and the only way this series could be potentially saved is by dragging it out of his toxic clutches and giving it to someone else.

Jumping the shark.

I agree, unless they take it wayyyy far into the future, like post-apocalyptic.

No
Never
Korra was a disaster from the start
That bridge has been burn

Theoretically if he could hold the city for long enough he could inspire and help organize other rebellions across the world.

Naturally hw would have to ditch the place and go into hiding for some time, but eventually he definately could do something.

I kinda want to see them build from scratch. An avatar that doesn't know what an avatar is. A world to expose and explore.

That's not what endgame means.

Ok
This is the only way I can see avatar 3 working
We start with a world in complete peace no war, no problems, no shit going on with an adult avatar who has his shit together
Someone somewhere starts shit, avatar something confronts him like it's not big deal and then he gets killed in an espectacular manner
Avatar kids need to keep the avatars death a secret and the series is a race to bear the bad guys, find an elite team to do so and find and protect the new baby avatar
Bam done

Yeah, but what was his motivation? His Ultimate Goal? Why did he want to create this fakey rebellion against benders when he was one? He wanted to take down the avatar because the avatar removed his father's bending. Ok. Then what? Is that it? It seems like a lot of work to create this anti-bender riot just to take down one girl. Just fucking hire a sniper or poison her food or something. Hell, just ambush her since you've proven yourself and your troops to be superior fighters who had her straight up captured and beat several times.

The point is that Amon as an anti-bender leader makes sense, but him as a secret super bender using the movement to attain revenge is silly.

I'm getting a mental image of four benders, working together to impersonate an avatar.

No korra acknowledgement I. New avatar
Korra was a disgrace that killed the franchise

These aren't arguments. And thats how this shit has always been. People who dislike Korra provide giant lists of reasons, plot dissections and good arguments as to why. Meanwhile the pro-korra crowd either just posts reaction images or eventually reveals that they just like the series because they want to pee in korra's tight ass.

One has to be significantly older than the rest tho
Like two brothers and the other two are recruits or something

>The point is that Amon as an anti-bender leader makes sense

What was Amon the anti-bender's endgame then?

Perhaps a non-bender should be the con-man in the middle with the avatar act.

no you sound like a fucking fool go make another hate thread you stupid fucker

Korra Accomplishments:
1.Destroyed and contradicted the far better lore of the first season.

2.Had a bumbling, useless, idiot, cunt of an avatar who constantly made terrible decisions.

3. Every supporting character was either a cardboard cut-out they occasionally wheeled in to say lines or a lame copy of a Gaang member.

4. Final confrontation in the series was a mech made out of platinum firing the angry farts of Gaia.

5. stealth Lesbians

Non bender could work later on
How about older kid is water bender, younger kid is rock since fire and air always get the spotlight in korra and atla had rock being op as fuck

*Destroyed an immensely popular franchise
We aren't talking about korra the character but the series

He wasn't specific about what his demands were, but they entailed an equal standing for non-benders and protection from these random wizards. Remember that his examples of bad benders were the fire bender gangsters, and it would make sense that the ordinary people being extorted by cunts like that would want some sort of method or retaliation or protection.

His stance was basically "Benders are privileged jerks, make them stop"

And yeah, that's not a well thought out position but then again 90% of these kind of movements have poorly thought out, idealistic goals.

Absolutely I never tire from spreading the good word of Azula.

Wow, another non-argument. Next time save some keystrokes by just replying with "NUH-UH!"

you do it next time you stupid fag

He wanted to take away bending in republic city I think and benders to fuck off or submit
It's pretty ironic that everyone in universe was so inept that a couple soldiers beat the strongest of them

Maybe he seriously disapproves of bending attitudes, but hides his true status as he damn well knows what it would do to the movement.

>Any opinion which contradicts my own is just a lie meant to garner attention. No one could possibly feel differently about things, because I am the arbiter of absolute truth.

I fucking hope not, literally nothing good has come out of the franchise since TLA ended. The movie was abysmal, the comics were trash and Korra was a fucking disgrace. The corpse of the Avatar franchise has been desecrated enough, just put it to rest already.

look at that shit post you did is anybody going to take it seriously you fool
nice opinion

>we still haven't seen all the whole gaang together in the comics and didn't either in a LoK flashback

>you fool

I wasn't aware that Mr.T was so autistic about people insulting his shitty waifus.

at least i'm not so autistic to have the same thread every day for 2 years saying the same shit over and over like korra haters do

>someone who's extremely practical

There are three things you can like about Korra as a show.

1 - The Animation

2 - The Soundtrack

3 - The Porn

Everything else was squandered potential on a level not seen since the Star Wars prequels, and I'll argue with anyone who says otherwise.

you can everything about the show get off that high horse you fag

>The animation
Except season two
>The soundtrack
If you even remember it
>The porn
You can say the se of almost every cartoon

it's almost like it's a prevalent opinion held by multiple individuals who were fans of the original and still browse this board.

a good soundtrack doesn't necessarily mean a memorable one.

Korra had a ton of great ambiance pieces that are hard to recall on a whim.

what the hell are you going on about

of course you can like everything about the show silly goose.

those three points were the only ones that were well executed in LoK thought.

yea buy retards on Cred Forums

how much for each?

I can't give a show brownie points for shit I can't even remember
If the show was good it would remember everything fondly
It wasn't tho I can remember the song of Harry Potter even tho the movies were terrible so I can say at least it had a good song

Remember how Korra was so good it repeatedly failed to beat spongebob re-runs on ratings, and was literally shoved out the door as an internet release for the final season?
Oh wait.

>Do you think there will be a new avatar series? I
I hope not. Avatar was really fucking good and should have stayed dead. There was literally nothing else to tell and the entirety of Korra's story was absolutely awful aside from a few fight scenes and the porn it generated.

Here is a handy chart.

no that was all nicks falt you fucking fool the show was fine you idiots just overreacted because korra is a lesbian now and you can't self insert as mako so you hate it now

>Ratings fall season after season

>Korra's lesbian status was revealed in the very last episode.

Something is not adding up here

ok then it made more money online that's why they pulled it now keep with the ecochamber you idiot scream into

>imdb
and there goes any semblance of credibility you had.

yea it only counts if it shows how bad something it right?

>This kills the avatar universe

I couldn't have come up with a more stupid response to make fun of shills if I tried
Congratulations you exceeded my expectations you are the fandom that keeps on giving

>Every single tumblr user voting
The power of the fandom, shame 66k fans don't make a show

all this mad

>Imbd raitings - 66000 people

>People that stopped watching korra according to the raitings system 4000000

I wonder which one is more significant.

>Mad at being absolutely right about the show being shit
>Mas that season 4 was never televized
Ad that it killed avatar worse than the movie
No, I don't get mad over this anymore I just find it funny, it should have been cancelled in season two but they already had a contract

>YOU ALL JUST HATE IT BECAUSE YOU'RE HOMOPHOBES! AND LONELY LOSERS!

Back to bed, Bryke.

ok mad man korra haters are so sad

Pleas post the image with the cheats laughing next

>the show was bad guys i swear

user
It's not your fault

It's not your fault

Season 1

>Pro-bending, despite being dedicated a third of the season, is compleately superfluous to the story.

>Every interesting aspect of Republic City was used in throwaway scenes with no plot impact. The same story could have been told in any location of the ATLA world with a minimum of tweaking.

>The metal bending police did not have a single scene of competence, and jobbed at every chance.

>Iroh junior and the republic fleet were irrelevant.

>The Equalist movement is dismantled through violence and pure chance without adressing any of the relevant points it might have had.

>Murder Suicide for shock vakue.

>Korra is handed back her powers through no effort of her own, with a bonus reset button for the rest of the cast, robing the season of any sense of consequence.

I can go on.

Keep in mind, nickelodeon refused to commit to a second season until after the first was done. This continued throughout the series, including cutting season 4s budget mid-production. As a result, writers were forced to give every season a complete and separate arc, with many intended sub plots aborted mid-production due to time and budget constraints.

>Lin's dad is Azula

Only Azula has potent enough sperm to deny the laws of nature.

>writers were forced
Bryke have went on the record saying they liked and preferred the self-contained seasons. They didn't say "Well it's a shame we weren't guaranteed more episodes right from the very beginning."

They didn't cut season 4's budget mid-production. Otherwise there would be a script for an episode to take place instead of the clip show episode we got.

And no intended sub plot was aborted. Rather the sub plots were pushed to the front and given more focus much to the detriment of Korra's plot.

From: bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/103173899927/a-few-preemptive-words-about-episode-408

>"We got the news from the higher-ups that our Book 4 budget was getting slashed, almost to the tune of an entire episode’s budget. We had two options: 1) let go a significant number of crew members several weeks early, or 2) make a clips episode."

>Sometime around a year and a half ago

It wasn't something they sprung on them once they already turned in the script.

>>The metal bending police did not have a single scene of competence, and jobbed at every chance.
To be fair, everyone over the age of 18 and under the age of 60 has always been an useless jobber in the Avatar franchise.

>Initially, Nickelodeon picked up Korra as a 12-episode miniseries. Their idea was to do 12-episode arcs that were more standalone than the original Avatar series. Mike and I were cool with this idea, as we had originally wanted the seasons to be 12 episodes long instead of 20, and creatively we liked the idea of doing tighter story arcs.

bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still

No.
The Korra series butcher the world and lore so bad they killed any chance of continuing the series in either direction.

And they did it all in the last 3 season
There first one while weak didn't butcher the Avatar's formula or mystery however thanks to the second and last season they destroyed any good storytelling of the series.

agreed
that could some up the whole Korra series really.
It was very form over function (which is ironic because TLA was form follows function from episode 1 to the end) lots of cool fights and set pieces but the moment you get into the cast and story it just becomes a sour mess

He was raised by a dad that was obsessed about bending arts
He blamed those arts for while his childhood was shit

His endgame was to rid the wold of benders
That was it

The second really did all the damage. It showed us the origin of the Avatar how the worlds came to be and presented it in a flash but ultimately boring light, to the point that it makes every Avatar after that seem less special. Following that they destroy the Avatar legacy for unknown reasons making any future stories a complete wash and ruining the chain link that would bridge the stories together.
Finally they just let the spirit realm run free which should lead to a massive headache to lore building which they all ignore to great detail in the next two seasons. Seriously how do you fuck up this bad? Did they just create the show on story boards alone? Was the show just ran by idea guys with no true author?

Heads up, JC. Your image is on its way to being answered
The Bryke is raping the lore, and shots have been fired. I repeat: find Ehasz. I will
monitor your situation from HQ.

I'd like to see a post-korra cyberpunk & spirits series.

>setting is a world that has been completely overrun by spirits after Korra fucked everything up forever
>technological progress has been almost halted since nature reclaimed everything, tore down the cities, the world is even more primitive than AtLA
>main character is a sandbender bandit. he and his tribe kidnap the daughter of a prominent nobleman while they're traveling
>eventually he befriends the little girl and reveals to her his secret - he's really the avatar, but he doesn't feel ready to accept the awesome responsibility
>she convinces him that he needs to step up and face his fears, that it's time to come out of hiding, since the world needs him so badly
>feeling guilty about leaving the world in ruin, MC breaks the little girl out of prison and goes on the run with her
>they're pursued by MC's tribe and there are shenanigans and stuff for a few episodes, exploration. Little girl turns out to be a fledgling firebender. MC turns out to be a fucking amazing earthbender - can do metalbending, sandbending, earthbending, fucking glassbending, the works
>MC has a fiance and she's totally pissed off that he left the tribe, she becomes a recurring antagonist
>last episode is them encountering the little girl's dad and his entourage. there's a big fight between them, girl is begging them to stop, MC is fighting for his life
>eventually MC decides that he has to reveal his secret: he's the avatar
>the dad says this is impossible
>because he's the avatar
>and there have been avatar pretenders popping up for the last three centuries
>all of them went insane and tried to take over the world
>AVATAR: GRAINS OF TRUTH

I want them to go all out. Like, by the time we get to the 4th series you'd have the Avatar firebending through space.

So is that metal liquid as in both earthbenders and waterbenders could control it?

>raping the lore

calm your ass that didn't do anything to to it

you idiots come up with any reason to hate this show its funny

I would also like to add
>Pacing and storytelling fell apart towards the end
>The rise of scumbag Mako
>The Cg mechs were lame, and not only because they were cg
What's with all this bait laddy

ok ass hurt man

If they do a new series, it should be an ancient Avatar, a few thousand years in the past.
I've no interest in the world that comes after Korra.

ok

You know, post Korra this is REALLY the direction that the world is heading.

I want a mini series about Gaangs adventures in their 20s-30s

Also Lin and Tenzin episode. We need to see more smiling from her.

>I want a mini series about Gaangs adventures in their 20s-30s
Banging. They were all banging.

I would love that setting, but for it to happen they would have to acknowledge the Havoc that Korras decisions wrought.

The original series is one of the best cartoons ever, if not the best. Korra is shit but season 3 was pretty good, Korrasalami is shit. It pretty much killed any chance of there being more in the future.

>favourite element
earth. water is broken, airbending is lame. fire is dangerous.

>best girl
pic related

I'd like to see an Avatar series in modern times, though that would probably be really boring.

Yes! I need more of Mama Toph.

>Korra fucked everything up forever

you are fucking idiots

I loved ATLA and Korra, but I hope we get more of the Gaangs adventures as adults. Like the Red Lotus attempting to kidnap Korra and Republic City stuff.

I don't care what people say: Korra was a good show.

It's not great, but it was far more ambitious than The Last Airbender and definitely darker. It was a show for adults, which is probably why it didn't work out on Nick and their intended audience.

I really wish they'd strike a Netflix deal or something.

Well I mean. It was getting good ratings on Nick, the problem was as you said, its too mature compared to the rest of their cont, which is why they began sabotaging it ratings-wise.

this

Fucking this.

>It was a show for adults

Too bad the majority of the adults that watched it had the mentality of a child.

How the fuck did she hit 40s and still looked like 20

I hate the audience not the show you sperg

she still looks the best

Man I fucking love Republic City at night. Something about the color palette is just appealing as fuck.

if you like the show you are part of the audience you spaz

I fucking lover her hairstyle! What's the name of this style?

Impossible.

Fair enough.

>Less lesbians
>More azula

Doesn't compute.

And that's how Bumi was made.

I don't know, maybe we could have the first avatar that's stable enough to produce lightning.

And if it's in a cyberpunk setting, it would be nice if there was a more precise form of lighting bending.

I still can't believe they had Zuko shoot lightning in the comic. Not being able to shoot lightning is his base move!

yap

I hope not, Korra was really bad, took apart the series and made it a mess beyond repair, any attempt to make a new series would just draw eyes to all the mistakes in Korra. It's "progressive" ending is even frown on in SJW camps now because as time went on they saw it was obvious the pairing was done as a last second move to try and wash away all the mistakes.

>Favorite element?
Water
It's the most versatile of the 4 granted it does have the trade off that the element is not as everywhere as the other 3

>best girl?
That's hard. TLA had a good amount of them. I go with Toph

>SJW

youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

"Ambitious" is only a positive thing if you have the skills to pull it off. This is the real world, there are no points for trying.

Also, the "darker" tone didn't work because they didn't commit to it fully, giving us mood whiplash in every comedy scene.

Another thing I've noted is the next avatar will only be one step away from Jump Good.

Fire
Azula

The problem is that the "mature" content that they alluded to was never actually explored or used in any real sense. The show looks mature from the outside when you look at the concepts presented, but the execution makes it look child-like in comparison to any Mature cartoon or even Atla.

After how big a failure Korra was it is unlikely, they haven't even put out those comics yet

LoK bombed so hard that Bryke said no more avatar.

Also, they're a bunch of SJW hacks anyways so fuck them.

Juan(or yuan or whatever) really pissed me of how he got fire bending from the lionturtles it ignored everything about how the people learned bending from the original benders (Dragons, badgermoles, skybisons and the moon). And when he just punched the air and Boom! flame bitches! Completly ignoring that bending is learned like a martial art. I know thats just me being a low-func autist but it really pissed me off

To be fair Wan was also shown learning the Dragon Dance and then later when he fought the soldiers who were just punching the air he wiped the floor with them. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that humans were given the ability to bend by the Lionturtles but learned the technique to do more than just shoot balls of element at each other from the various original benders.

No, because Korra fuck it up.

I think it would be even worse for the Fire Avatar, he enters the spirit realm and finds Korra and or Earth Avatar having a shouting match.

Izumi should be way hotter.

How the fuck is someone that is related to Ozai, Ursa, Zuko and Azula is anything less than a 9/10?

Would it be stupid of me to wish for a prequel to The las airbender?

They actually showed him learning the proper way to firebend at the spirit oasis, from a dragon.
It didn't forget it, it simply means that dragons taught humans to do it properly, same goes for bisons, badgermole and the moon.
Plus if it was simply learned like a martial art it wouldn't be genetic.

>Plus if it was simply learned like a martial art it wouldn't be genetic
But the whole idea of bending being genetic is retconned when all the people who left the town to venture into the woods got firebending from the lionturtle.

I liked it for the most part, I'm glad it exists. There are plenty of writing choices that I have problems with.

But the retards crying about how it raped their childhoods and ruined the lore are massive faggots.

>I still can't believe they had Zuko shoot lightning in the comic
When? All he has done is redirect it and if anything he should be able to do it since he is over his inner turmoils.

It did fuck up the lore though, maybe not for bending (that was just a really poor explanation), but it changed the Avatar from the world appointed guardian of the world, to a random guy helping out a spirit, that could just aswell have been Koh or any other spirit, so they could fight it's enemy.

And it changed the nature of spirits from the more real life equivalent to some alien invaders fucking up balance and chasing off the native races from their world.

If there will be, it won't be in the near future (say, five years). I would love another series, though.

That said, weren't there Korra comics in production slated for release this season? Any news on those?

That feel when we'll never get to see Kyoshi grow from a young impressionable earthbender to a murderous killer.

More like from chick we know nothing about to avatar lets evil dictators do whatever the fuck they want until they come knocking on her doorstep.

Listen I just want everyone to die in terrible earth bending accidents.

>changed the Avatar from the world appointed guardian of the world

What? No it didn't. After Wan, the Avatar did become an appointed guardian of world balance, hence the cyclical reincarnation.

I don't get this moaning about spirits. The most off-putting are some of the new designs, and even then they are a select few. Before Korra, we only knew some very powerful spirits that were akin to gods and had associations (like Moon spirit, river spirit, etc.). In Korra, we were introduced to lesser spirits with no associations. There is nothing wrong with that.

>What? No it didn't. After Wan, the Avatar did become an appointed guardian of world balance, hence the cyclical reincarnation.
No it didn't. It just Raavas chosen champion. The cycle is arbitrarily reinforced by Raava and it is she who decides what makes for a good avatar, the cosmos and world has nothing to do with it.

> There is nothing wrong with that.
The spirits are no longer connected to nature, they are just creatures that has taken a liking to some part of nature, people, concepts or anything really. They have no authority over "their domain" anymore since they come from outside the material world with no connection to it.

>it is she who decides what makes for a good avatar

It's always been the same avatar, just that he/she reincarnates

Not anymore, since Raava chooses a different person to posses. It's not even reincarnation any more, since Raava just holds their spirits hostage while collecting more souls.

She says "we'll be together for all of your lifetimes" to Wan before he dies.

Yeah, because she drags his soul around with her. Notice how the amount of avatars increase over time? It's because their souls stay with her and she posseses a new person every time an avatar dies.

This is what im talking about in regards to changing the Avatar fundamentally. It used to be a "universe/world" appointed entity that reincarnates in a predetermined pattern because "order of the universe" kinda deal. With LoK and Wan episodes that is no longer the case, because the avatar spirit isn't the avatars, it's Raava.

She doesn't possess a new person, she possesses Wan's reincarnations

I'm glad the cliffhangers got less retarded. The Promise and The Search didn't need at all the stupid plot twists that we already knew the answer of:
>Will Aang kill Zuko?
>Is Zuko Ozai's son?

But I'm dreading how much Katara will shit on Hakoda for fucking someone that isn't her mom while she is overjoyed with Pakku fucking her grandma.

No she doesn't. She just posseses a new person, that's why there are more avatars and why they're comepletely different people. Outside if her saying that one sentence there is no indication that a reincarnation even takes place, and since she is a sentient being she could choose to do whatever she wants, she isn't beholden to any rules beyond her own.

>it is she who decides what makes for a good avatar, the cosmos and world has nothing to do with it.

Isn't she representative of the world and cosmos? That was the point of Harmonic Convergence, whoever wins decides the fate of the universe.

>The spirits are no longer connected to nature, they are just creatures that has taken a liking to some part of nature, people, concepts or anything really.

But, they are? The Moon spirit is still the Moon spirit, Wan Shi Tong is still the knowledge spirit. All that happened, was that new, lesser spirits appeared. It was never stated anywhere in TLA that every single spirit were representatives or had authority, and the spirits the Gaang did meet were either divinities or idols of some sort. Korra introduced spirits that were neither divine nor idols, but it contradicted or 'ruined' nothing.

>Isn't she representative of the world and cosmos?
Nope, she is a dimension travelling entity. She as no connection to the material world, according to the wan episodes, where they state that Vaatu made dimension travel possible so the spirits could migrate to the material world.

>But, they are?
In Atla, yes that is what they were. In Lok though that is no longer the case. In Atla spirits were akin to nature spirits from the real world. They are representative of places or concepts etc. In LoK though, they come from elsewhere, a place that wasn't connected to the world at all. So it fundamentally changes what a spirit is in LoK, they're literally not the same thing in the two shows.

They are reincarnations, that's how it has always worked.

Raava calls it a reincarnation, everyone in ATLA and LoK called it a reincarnation.

Find any canon evidence that the process is how is in your headcanon.

>and the spirits the Gaang did meet were either divinities or idols of some sort
Except for the meditating monkey and the giant wolf (that we know of)

Also, I don't think that Koh is the spirit of anything, though his mom is the spirit of faces.

>They are representative of places or concepts
Koh is representative of having your face stolen.
That meditating spirit that tells Aang to go away is representative of telling people to get lost.
That monkey who had its face stolen by Koh is representative of a monkey.

They expanded the spirits in LoK, albeit in a very clumsy manner.

>That was the point of Harmonic Convergence, whoever wins decides the fate of the universe.

Which goes against the idea of balance if one of them wins and decides the fate rather than constantly shifting from one to the other.

>No she doesn't. She just posseses a new person, that's why there are more avatars and why they're comepletely different people.

If it was a true reincarnation, then the person who is the current Avatar wouldn't know anything about their past self on a personal level unless they read about their past life. The Avatar reincarnation was always a special thing since our world's reincarnation mindset has it so people can have been things like a cow or cat in a past life with no knowledge of that having happened.

It's a different soul each time? Otherwise how could Unalaq kills them off one at a time like he did? I might give you that Raava reincarnates into a new body, but she is really just dragging along the other avatar souls. In fact there is no indication in Avatar that anyone reincarnates outside of the avatar in Atla.

I know you'd like to keep it in line with the Atla lore, but it just isn't at all. Mostly people focus on the bending, but it isn't even the real problem with Wan episodes. I'm just pointing out that LoK and Atla =/= the same when it comes to the Avatar and Spirits, because of the Wan episodes.

>They expanded the spirits in LoK, albeit in a very clumsy manner.
I don't know what those spirits are representations of, for sure. But in LoK Spirits are very closely connected to the world. Wan Shi Tong, basicly all there is to know, because he is the spirit of knowledge. Hei Bai, is that particular forests spirit, maybe more forests. In LoK though that has changed, Wan shi Tong is a spirit that likes knowledge, Hei Bai liked his forest, that the extend of it really.

>If it was a true reincarnation...
I agree that it is a different kind of reincarnation in Atla, but in LoK the only recurring thing is Raava. There isn't really any indication in LoK that they reincarnate, in the true sense of the word, or even in the same way it does in Atla.

Fuck i meant
>"But in Atla Spirits are very closely connected to the world."

First post. Best post.

We need to go back, TLA has better characters, animation, plot. Everything about it was strides ahead of the awkward mess that korra was. Show us an earthbender, or the fire nation pre-war. Granted I'm heavily in favor of going backwards mostly because after aang and co the simplistic "element punch!" bending we saw throughout all or korra just felt all kinds of bad. Not to mention physic bloodbending, korra ending the avatar cycle and all the other..questionable decisions made for the series

You mean that "It was I who broke through the divide" quote? That's an ambiguous phrase ripe for interpretation. Maybe "the divide" existed at the beginning of time, far before their earth was formed. Maybe it was a barrier restricting access, but not necessarily disconnecting the two worlds completely. No one really knows, but it is clear that the spiritual plane is connected to the physical plane in their modern times, so what does it change? They were not, but they adapted, and became, if that.

Technically, the spirit world was always a seperate dimension.

I changes their connection to nature. In Atla they are an intrinsic part of nature/the world. If they come from elsewhere they can't have that connection, so what they say or feel about nature and how humans use it is irrelevant, they hold no authority on these matters. They used to be "nature" spirits, now they're just beings refered to as spirits.

>Which goes against the idea of balance if one of them wins and decides the fate rather than constantly shifting from one to the other.

Raava is balance, though. They aren't following the Yin-Yang model of coordinated opposites. Vaatu is meant to be imbalance.

The one thing I will give you is that their roles were handled in a way that clearly meant this (i.e. the definition of a dark spirit and their association with Vaatu), but also added things to be more palatable to a younger audience. It's confusing.

If you want a third Avatar series, read this:
fanfiction.net/s/10953682/1/Avatar-Synergy

It just wrapped up not long ago and it's leagues better than fanfic has any right to be.

> changes their connection to nature. In Atla they are an intrinsic part of nature/the world. If they come from elsewhere they can't have that connection

Not really. If a connection is established, it's connected, irregardless of origins. Even if the Moon spirit came from another dimension (which it did, it was even mentioned in TLA that the Moon and Ocean spirits crossed over), it's still connected to the moon, and if it dies, the moon blacks out. Even going by your take, the spirits clearly developed intimate connections to the physical plane. The definition still stands.

> If a connection is established, it's connected, irregardless of origins.
There is no connection which is the problem. You can't compare the LoK and Atla spirits when they are fundamentally different beings. And they clearly didn't develop any intimate relations in LoK, they just sorta there.

>There is no connection which is the problem.
The connections that existed in TLA were not contradicted, they are still there.

>You can't compare the LoK and Atla spirits when they are fundamentally different beings.
They are not. LoK only introduced spirites that are neither divine or idols.

>And they clearly didn't develop any intimate relations in LoK, they just sorta there.
You have some that are and others that are not. The ones introduced in the old series did not change in the new series.

Thery wre though. The spirits were a part of nature in Atla therefore connected to it. In LoK they're not a part of nature, thus no longer connected to it.

And that's why they are fundamentally different from those in Atla. And that's why you can't compare them. You simply have to different types of spirits in the two shows.

In LoK they're all just sorta there, because they have chosen to be there. They could've chosen not to aswell. In Atla that isn't really the case. And because of that the nature of spirits is different, so those in Atla were changed through the changes in LoK. In LoK there are no deities and idols. Originally Atla they would all be to some extent idols and deities.

You can't really compare ATLA's spirits to anything since we got such little information about them.

We only saw five named spirits in the entire original series.

They're the Avatar equivalent to "real world" nature spirits. That's basicly the way they function and are treated.

Which is not the way they function in LoK after the Wan episodes.

>Originally Atla they would all be to some extent idols and deities.

Debatable. Like said, we had little information on them. You didn't know if every spirit was a nature god.

It seems more like LoK destroyed perceptions and headcanons than it ruined the lore.

But we do know that every spirit encountered in Atla was an idol or deity. And that they were revered as nature spirits. So it's not like we can't compare them to anything, they're very comparable to real world nature spirits.

Which LoK spirits are not.

>But we do know that every spirit encountered in Atla was an idol or deity
The meditating monkey wasn't.

How do you know? He seemed like a Monk of some kind. Granted we don't know who he was, but since he was a spirit, he would have some sort of divine status.

> they're very comparable to real world nature spirits.

That depends on the religion. LoK spirits are actually close to those of various chinese, korean and japanese folk beliefs.

How so? Those chinese, korean and Japenese spirits would be nature spirits, which LoK spirits are not.

If you are using headcanons to make the minor ATLA spirits more important than they actually were you might as well make the LoK spirits the spirit of carrots, the spirit of monkeys, the spirit of golden dragons and shit like that.

Not all. Some are spirits that exist because they exist, with no particular purpose. Some are born from other spirits, others develop over time, such as one whose name escapes me, but there is a type of japanese spirit that is created from and possess inanimate objects after the object exists for a certain period of time. They aren't all nature creatures.

> LoK spirits the spirit of carrots...
I'd love to, but we can't do that because Wan episodes made that not the case. Whereas Atla makes spirits, the spirit of "something" in the world. Which is what i've been saying the whole time, LoK spirits are different from Atla spirits in that they are not part of the world.

Those Inanimate object are a part of the world though, and i'm sure there's a reason for them to come along. Either way, it's not that they have to have a purpose as such. But they are a part of the world, you can't ignore them or live without them. They signify something even if it is just a human fear.

LoK spirit are more akin to animals from another island. They don't really belong anywhere, and we have no reason to respect them in any sense because there is nothing special about them.

please Cred Forums army fuck with this number anyway you can, i beg u! 19288487510

I had thought about that, actually. However, I was worried of naming the series "Avatar" if the Avatar itself is not a main character

>Koneitzko writing a triology of graphic novels
>Mike writing a series of novel potentially a triology too
If anything, after their seperate stories are completed, I think they'll return to animation in 2020 yet it won't revolve around the Avatar franchise.

In the DVD commentary, Bryke had humoured themselves and said they'd write a series for Avatar Kuruk and it'll revolve slice of life shenanigans with no conflict expect for Kuruk battles being surfing-centric and the enemy would be Koh. Him and Koh would surf with Kuruk losing and Koh winning by stealing his wife face.

I liked the pot shots it takes at Korra's mistakes and constant failure while still having that AtLA fairy tale feel and ending with the protagonist being like Aang, accomplished and all-seeing, and with no problems left in the world.
Having the problems already exist, courtesy of Korra, is much better than the current Avatar causing all his own strife and problems in the world.

>chapter nineteen of fire
>Koneitzko: when I was the avatar I did alot of surfing. I think a show about this guy would be pretty sweet, they'll have like no conflict in it at all, well it'll be like---
>Mike: it'd be the surf tournament - four nations surf off going around, meeting the ladies.
>Koneitzko: well, what happened was he beat Koh in this surfing competition but Koh took his girl---
>Mike: as revenge.
>Koneitzko: yeah, took her face.
And then, Koneitzko concluded with: "that's the story we're developing right now."

And that is what fanfiction is terrible.

Sounds pretty fun as a joke, but as it is right now i wouldn't be surprised to see it actually happen.

>Zuko: "I just want to bone my mom in peace"
You'd think he'd have earned that right by now?
He thought he wanted take his Dad's position as Fire Lord, but he really he wanted his Dad's position as the guy who fucks Ursa.

No, it was actually good. He can basically call on Korra whenever after a while and never does since he knows she has nothing of importance to say and he never lets her speak up when something comes up that she wants to have a say in at all.

no you like it because it's retarded one of you retards probably made it now fuck off with your shit fanfic

I think you're reading into this too hard. The story seems indifferent to Korra at best, not actively hostile like you're making it.

what the fuck did korra do wrong nothing you idiots keep calling all spirits evil there not fuck off with your hate boner you fucking fool

Indifferent is the best way to go about it. Just like how they casually got rid of the past lives and made Korra out to be something special, it turns out she is not at all, not even in the least.

Also Bolin ends up wiser than Korra and imparts words of wisdom to the protagonist that Korra can't do.

so it's just a story about somebody hating korra ok

>this guy was in the White Lotus

The signs were already there that they were losing their touch.

It's not hate, don't know why he keeps saying that. It's a genuinely great story that doesn't follow Cred Forums's hateboner for Korra and instead makes all her mistakes the driving force for the plot while not actually blaming for the state of turmoil the world is in and making it front and center.
Sen doesn't talk to her like how Korra didn't talk to Aang or Raava or anyone else. He solves things on his own and with his own abilities and intelligence and fixes the world to achieve an ending like AtLA's third season rather than how Korra never managed to do anything on her own except create more problems.

The main overarching villain is what Amon should have been and is defeated the way that Amon should have been defeated if he was legit in his powers.

I doubt the White Lotus was even supposed to be a thing until mid book 2.

It was just a convenient way to have all the sort of relevant old characters show up together in the finale.

Atrocious pacing leaves characters flat and undeveloped. Multitude of characters prevent any development that might have squeezed through because there isn't enough screen time. Side characters have no real reason to stick together other than "The plot said so". Real hit-and-miss comedy. Korra never develops beyond her "PUNCH IT HARDER" fighting style and mentality. None of her victories can be attributed to her efforts.

>Korra never develops beyond her "PUNCH IT HARDER" fighting style and mentality.

If that were so then there wouldn't have been posts saying that Korra lost her spark and fire after season 2. She starts off wanting to punch things harder and then ends up waiting for others to tell her to punch things harder.

Her efforts to make friends and allies end up helping her as she surrounds herself with people who do her job for her while she jobs. That way the characters she surrounds herself with have a purpose.

whatever happened to that Cred Forums project to make a avatar series? how'd that come to crash and burn?

An argument about waifu's, mostly.

classic Cred Forums

Couldn't decide how much they wanted to copy and paste from AtLA along with how much of the 80s they wanted to inject plus how much they liked the side characters and wanted them to have fanservice in the world.

>Side characters have no real reason to stick together other than "The plot said so".

I'd say Mako and Bolin had legit reasons for wanting to stick around Korra.

Hanging out with a demi-god, powerful people and billionaires, and saving the world seems more fun than street rat life, one of them was boning Korra for part of the series and they wanted to go to Ba Sing-Se in Book 3 for themselves to see if they could meet some of their father's family.

Asami still hanging out with them after book 1 doesn't make sense in the slightest unless she truly didn't have any friends before running over Mako.

>seems more fun than street rat life

So why did Mako become a cop rather than just stick around Korra the whole time living for free on Air Temple Island with Bolin?
Why did they just decide to go meet their family after all those years?
Why were they fine with their demi-god isolating herself and fine with letting her go off on her own to do stuff while than stay next to the action?

They had a plot in probending which didn't make sense and they should have stopped afterward. Same with Asami but at least you could say that if she wanted to continue her business she'd be a background character (not that she wasn't already.)

If anything Korra should have met new people each season and then they go off on their own with newly enriched lives and purpose thanks to Korra.

looks like you didnt watch the show

>show for adults

No. Korra was not bad, but it wasn't good either. 9.2 > 8.6. AtLA has 2x as many votes and millions more viewers in the finales and throughout the airing. You can be butthurt all you want but AtLA is objectively better than TLoK in terms of popularity and success.

I do agree though that a Netflix deal would have probably made the show better, if they would get the same budget or so.

The only liquid metal in standard (ambient) temperature is the Mercury

But Mercury is too pure to contain "earth" particles among it, and that was supposed to be the factor of metal bending being possibler

That's why I never got how Toph could sense it in Korra's body

And if Water Benders Can control all the Liquids they should be able to control Gallium, cesium and francium as well

>So why did Mako become a cop rather than just stick around Korra the whole time living for free on Air Temple Island with Bolin?

In the flashback episode Mako said that Korra inspired him to dedicate his life to do good rather than becoming rich and escaping the street rat life.

Unfortunately the bad writing in Book 1 showed nothing of that aside from glimpses in the third episode and only had him pine after Asami for half the season and after Korra for the other half.

>If anything Korra should have met new people each season and then they go off on their own with newly enriched lives and purpose thanks to Korra.

Maybe, but I guess that bryke were too into "muh new team avatar" for that to happen. I always liked the idea of her hanging out more with the adult characters but whenever they got focus they always got dragged into some forced drama.

I find that Mako and Bolin at least became better characters in books 3 and 4. Shame about the waste of space that Asami was.

I think I can Surmise the next Fire Avatar with the following quote.
>The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Don't try to make much sense out of the kung fu magic.

Why does a giant rock's gravitational pull grant more power to water people?

Why does a chuck of ice coming close to Earth grant power to the Fire people?

Why can't firebenders bend during an eclipse but they can at night?

No, it's meteorite metal. ATLA and Korra show that it can easily change shape with metalbending. Kuvira took it from Zaofu

>kung fu magic
>ayy

>Why does a giant rock's gravitational pull grant more power to water people?

If you are talking about the moon, the gravitational power of the moon atratcs the big mass of water that you call ocean. So if the moon is closer to earth it means that it would be easier for water benders to lift up the water against the gravity of earth

>Why does a chuck of ice coming close to Earth grant power to the Fire people?

Fire benders have power from solar heat, wich can be translated to radiation waves
A big mass of fire from outer that has a lot of radiation in it would increase the amount of power of firebenders

>Why can't firebenders bend during an eclipse but they can at night?

You still receive sun radiation at night, because it rebounds on the moon (that's why it shines) and the radiation that is held by the green house effect

But during total solar eclipse, the shadow of the moon stops the radiation in an specific zone, because theres literaly a massive object in the middle, so firebenders can barely make a flame. But this kind of eclipse is very rare, so they were just lucky that this specific zon was the fire nation island. From the earth kingdom it must had been a parcial solar eclipse.
I know it's just a cartoon, but you can try to find some logic in it

The summaries for parts 2 and 3:

Part 2:
>After attempting to kidnap Katara and Sokka, Southerner Gilak leaves a haunting note for Hakoda: "Soon you will see the truth, chieftain". The vow leaves everyone on edge–including Katara, who remains wary of the two tribes' integration. As Northerner Malina announces a partnership with the company owned by Toph Beifong's father, her own brother comes forward to defame her. Have Katara's worst fears been confirmed?

Part 3:
>Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei arrive in the Southern Water Tribe amid protests of Gilak's imprisonment. While the leaders hold council to solidify Malina and Hakoda's unification plans, Gilak breaks free and leads a powerful rebellion! In the face of these two opposing tribes, Katara will have to make peace with her nostalgia and distrust to save the home she loves from being permanently torn apart.

I don't know what's the point of releasing covers and summaries 7 months in advance but anyhow: I dread that this seems to be shaping up to be a rehash of the civil war we already saw in LoK, it's nice that Zuko will show up in the trilogy and I guess that Katara is going to be the main character (the first part made it look like she and Sokka both had equal spotlight)

No it's not. It just means they or their descendants later married people who didn't get the bending, which means it wasn't necessarilly passed down. Or it could have weakened over time, who knows, and doesn't appear in everyone.

Aang's children are a good example of it being genetic, one is an airbender, one is a waterbender, and one is a non-bender whose genetic potential was awakened by the harmonic convergence to balance the four elements.

>all these korra apologists in this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=bmKaQqinWKY

Hah, I love that guy.

From what I've seen is less apologists and more of "LoK isn't a completely worthless pile of shit that raped my childhood"

it would also be interesting if the avatar was not the main character. maybe a quest to reach the avatar or something, but about other folk in the world

wow a super nitpicking review from some nobody

got a problem with some well-deserved criticism, family?

Like you should talk, its perfect for you.

wow you people are pathetic having to resort to shit videos and fanfic

Actually I'm just lazy and didn't feel like typing out an argument only for someone like you to snarkily handwave it away because they have none yourself.

>Black avatar

I'm ready for one

How old is that shit?

no you dont have one now fuck off kid

You've already proven my point.

How are you that fucking daft? They state repeatedly across both shows it's straight up reincarnation.

That's why Toph knows who Korra is instantly: she doesn't have eyes to be fooled.

ok now go make more fanfic about how you hate korra

Ba Sing Sei would be nice if you lived in the middle ring (and didn't tick off the Dai Li)

If you could live in one place on the Avatar-verse at any time, where would you live?
I'd live in pre-vines Republic City

Southern Water Tribe pre-war
Eating meat, hunting and fucking brown qts. If some of them are my sisters, that's also cool

Toph knows about it because she can "see" the entire world from her swamp, as she says herself. She wouldn't be able to see Korras soul anyway with her tremor sense or blind eyes.

Korra had plenty of great ideas, it's just they didn't know what the were supposed to do with them

Any of the Air temples

Air Nomad Master Race

Also, they had a lack of support from the Nickelodeon and rushed them to finish it at all cost just because a bunch of faggost can't handle change like the autist they are

More like they weren't delivering enough views so Nick cut their spending.

They got 20+ episodes green lit due to how high the ratings were with season 1.
They murdered it in 5 episodes in season 2 and by the end they mureder their ratings
When FOP reruns before your show airs are stomping your ratings you have fuck up

They were delivering an average of 3.5million views in Book 1, Nickelodeon sabatoged them by changing the time slot for Book 2 and not advertising the season as much.

Why is Suyin still white when Opal is brown? Suyin was the progeny of Sokka and Toph, right?

Yeah for book 1 they were. They lost views constantly in book 2 and 3 and only lost budget for book 4. They fucked up and couldn't keep people around to watch it.

Like said, if reruns are stomping you in views you have a problem.

...or their father had a brown relative

>Nickelodeon sabatoged them
Ratings went down after the first few episodes of Book 1. And they continued to decrease to the finale of Book 1.

That is not how it is supposed to work.

If Toph doesn't know why would we?

I'd say the year and a half long wait between the seasons is what hurt the most.

Toph: "In a manner of speaking. We were good friends in your previous life."

That's my theory, yes. It's probably why Toph never talked about her father - they could have had an affair.

Yeah and? She knows who korra is, and she knows who aang was. And the Avatar is considered a reincarnation.

Doesn't mean it's true though, it just means that Toph believes Korra to be the reincarnation of Aang, even if that isn't the case.

Or it's most likely some random guy just like Lin's

Rebirth. Not reincarnation

What?

>They lost views constantly in book 2 and 3
Because Nickelodeon was moving the timeslot around and not advertising the show properly.

Book 1 did so well because it was in a Saturday morning timeslot and had a healthy amount of advertising.

The rest of the books were on Friday nights which are terrible for any show. And the amount of advertising steadily decreased.

Hell, Nickelodeon rushed Book 3 to air ASAP when 3 episodes leaked, announcing the air date with the first trailer(one week later).

>Ratings went down after the first few episodes of Book 1. And they continued to decrease to the finale of Book 1.
They decreased rather normally, like any show does over a season.

That was a heavily contributing factor. Book 2 halved the ratings of Book 1 because:

>1.5 year wait
>not advertised as much
>timeslot changed from 11AM Saturdays to 7PM/8:30PM/8PM Fridays

Rebirth and reincarnation are different and by the phisophy of the show Rebirth is what the Avatar does

I guess it does in Atla, but with LoK it's just Raava moving around to different bodies.

As you can see on your own graph they started each season with fewer viewers than the last. They were not doing well at all, and you can't blame that on Nick, because had the show been better overall people would have found ways to watch it and support it, which they didn't apparently.

They specifically say the avatar is reincarnated in both shows.

But Raava is not a soul, she is a spirit that attached to the consciousness of Wan, and because he practicaly created a new world, his entity has to stay until balance is reached again.

But that doesn't mean Raava is his soul or something similar.

I know what the show says, but it's a common mistake that people that aren't familiar to oriental beleives does a lot, if they researched more they would have said rebirth

Not exactly different bodies. but Wan's reincarnations.

They lost the kiddie audience and only had the established autistic fanbase from the previous show keeping it alive.

*Wan's rebirths

I'm not saying she is, she is just carrying him around with her, just as she does with every other person she chooses to be the next Avatar.

Also the part about him having to stay until balance is reached, is simply not true. For all we know he could have been going to the afterlife without Raava or been reborn into something/someone else.

If anyone is being reborn, it is Raava, but that is only as a parasite on a new host.

Different bodies and people. There is nothing but Raava linking the different Avatars in LoK. Atla however is a different story since it doesn't feature Raava/Vaatu and the whole Wan episodes mess.

>they started each season with fewer viewers than the last.
And there are specific reasons why. Lack of advertising and timeslot change.

Korra was doing fantastic in its Book 1 timeslot, but Book 2(where there was not only a large break and less advertising) was shifted timeslots multiple times. Book 3 had no advertising at all besides a single trailer released one week before they rushed it to air since 3 episodes leaked. The release date was announced in the trailer too.

>because had the show been better overall

That's your opinion.

> people would have found ways to watch it and support it, which they didn't apparently.

That's not how it works. Yes, people did find ways, which is why the show got even close to the ratings it did once the timeslot was shifted or when Book 3 was rushed to start airing.

If Korra had proper advertising and stayed in its original timeslot, I think it would've stayed successful.

How is it not reincarnation?

>my headcanon trumps the show's canon

It is reincarnation, he's just being obtuse. Maybe he's one of those spergs who can't handle the thought of Korra being Aang, who knows.

The shows are unambiguous about it. I have no idea why we're indulging his nonsense.

It's not headcanon. The series shows you how Atla and LoK function differently multiple times. The Wan episodes just ignore the Atla lore about Bending, The Avatar and Spirits. Again not headcanon, since im stating anything the show doesn't straight up gives you.

The Avatar spirit is reincarnated, but that doesn't mean that each Avatar is literally the last Avatar just born again. Rather a collective spirit is reborn. That's why they can still talk to previous Avatars as opposed to just drawing on their knowledge, because they're alive within the Avatar spirit, or for example when Aang spiritbended Korra.

Yeah, seems like it.

>Wan episodes just ignore the Atla lore about Bending, The Avatar and Spirits
So you're delusional too. Okay.

Raava says she'll be with Wan for all of his lifetimes.

Kyoshi series would be dope.

>So you're delusional too. Okay.
How so? The spirits are no longer nature spirits, The Avatar is just a champion for Raava and Bending is a powerup from lionturtles.

In Atla, Spirits are nature spirits. The Avatar is the guardian of world balance and the bridge between spirits and humans. And bending learned from animals.

But they don't. Wan gains the power from the lion turtles and then travels the realms learning how to use the power from the natural bender animals as stated in ATLA

Yes it is. You're completely full of shit.

What about the other two points? Because even if bending is different, and it is just by lionturtles giving it, that isn't too bad it's just boring explanation.

You sure showed me there!

Nope, in the episode where Aang speaks with the past avatars, Yangchen tells him that the duty of the avatar is to protect and keep balance until all the other beings are free. So the entity of Wan and the lifes after him has to stay. Raava attaches to the new entity of Wan but that doesn's mean she is carrying him.

Reincarnation is the same spirit in a new body but we have saw that the Avatar can speak with his previous lifes, so... that implies is not the same entity , is a new one with same qualities, but a not the same entity. That's the criteria that Raava chooses to enter in the new reborn of the avatar everytime

Also, as far as we have saw, the previous avatars are in the spirit world, like when Aang speaks with Tenzin. That wouldn't be possible if the "soul" of Korra and Aang and all the other avatars where the same

Fire is the best because have fun rubbing 2 sticks together. Fire benders can also fly, shoot lasers, and lightning.

Tenzin was hallucinating you mongo

That's what i'm saying, the Avatar spirit isn't one spirit. It's just Raava running around differen't people collecting new souls.

In Atla though there is no Raava, so the Avatar is the previews avatar being reborn into a knew avatar. And the cycle exist because the avatar is a part of the universe, with it's own universal laws.

Also i wouldn't put too much stock in the Aang Tenzin exhange, since he was in a mind altering fog that makes you hallucinate. It is very likely that he just imagined Aang being there and talking to him.

>but we have saw that the Avatar can speak with his previous lifes, so... that implies is not the same entity , is a new one with same qualities, but a not the same entity.

It's a fucking guide to the audience so they know what the fuck is going on.

Kyoshi was a terrible Avatar though.
She fucked up as much as Korra.

There was Raava just that part of the Avatar had been supplanted by thousands of years of former Avatars spirits becoming part of Raava.

She literally didn't exist, and doesn't really make sense for Atla.

The term spirit is incorrect because that implies that the same spirit is going to a bunch of bodies all eternity, but, we saw in the series that those spirits are separated. So every avatar has different personalities and points of view, but the qualities like their sense of duty are the same.

Is a very confusing term, but is the correct one.

Let me try to explain it=

When someone dies, reborns again, but is not completely the way it was and at the same time is not completely different. It's like a particle of the essence of the entity that reflects a connection between previous lifes and the current one

But is cannon and you can't change it

>But is cannon and you can't change it

so are the star wars prequels

Spirit World is not the afterlife. Everyone reincarnates.

Tenzin was simply seeing his worst fears in the fog of lost souls.

You have it completely wrong.

In ATLA, we see that there are specific spirits(Tui, La, Koh, Hei Bei, Wan Shi Tong) who are representative for specific things or have particular powers. But then there are spirits like the meditating monkey, the faceless animals outside of Koh's realm, and the Giant Wolf who seem to be just mundane, everyday spirits.

In Korra, we get a much more expansive look at spirits. There are some more named or powerful ones like Raava, Vaatu, and the Fog of Lost Souls, but then we see plenty more mundane ones too.

The Avatar is still a guardian of the world's balance and was intended to be a bridge. Wan even says that's his intention. It's just that the Avatar is now also the combination of a human and the literal all-powerful spirit of light and peace. Well, After "Spirits" Vaatu(representation of chaos and darkness) is also technically part of the combination, though he won't be relevant to any avatar for several millennia.

Bending is still learned from the animals. The only thing the Lion turtles did was give people the ability to control the power of an element. They semi-permanently(unless energybending or bloodbending is used) altered people to be able to control an element.

>Spirit World is not the afterlife. Everyone reincarnates.
Well, unless you're like Iroh and extremely spiritually-attuned.

I understand what rebirth is, but that isn't really what happens with the Avatar when Raava is included. Raava stays exactly the same as before, so does all the other Avatars she's taking along. The new person however has no connection to the other avatars beyond Raava.

In Atla, it was more like an actual rebirth, but your past lives are still somewhat sentient.

>But is cannon and you can't change it
Sure they tell you it's canon, but it isn't what they show you. So you have two conflicting stories that are canon.

And one doesn't make a lot of sense in the big picture and outright contradict the "old" canon.

Which is why LoK makes a whole lot more sense if you just accept that the two are different, especially when it comes to bending, Spirits and the nature of the avatar.

>The new person however has no connection to the other avatars
They are his fucking past lives

The New Earth Kingdom Avatar is a strict, serious, by-the-book, lawful authority figure. He believes his status as Avatar sets him above humanity, that the Avatar should be treated as a divine icon, conflicting with the existence of the Avatar and why the Avatar is born as a human in the first place.

Due to his personality, The Avatar is not a creative person. His techniques, skills and abilities are mere imitations of personal observation of other people and historical figures. This is why he finds Airbending so challenging, for one of the trials necessary to be considered an Airbending Master requires inventing a new technique.

Losing connection with the previous Avatar Spirits, the New Avatar can no longer communicate with them. He roams the world searching for ancient written manuscripts: historical accounts depicting the exploits of his predecessors, hoping to receive flashbacks of his previous lives or at least be inspired by their written accounts to invent a new Airbending technique.

The Avatar is a lonely person, technology has progressed that bending is no longer central to the lives of humans. The United Coalition of Nations has also rendered the unelected Avatar obsolete to most people. The arc focuses on the achievement of previous Avatars and how it changed the course of history, contrasting with the recent Avatar, perceived as a remnant of an archaic age.

Also a non-bender, affiliated with an ancient order of warriors, is determined to battle the Avatar as part of her Rite of Passage and be remembered by her people as the one who defeated the Avatar.

Yes, you too can become enlightened.

>You have it completely wrong.
Funny you say that. We do see more spirits in LoK, but they have no connection to nature unlike the spirits in Atla. We know this because they tell us that, and in Atla we know they're nature spirits because they resemble that from "real life".

Raava isn't special really. She is just a powerfull spirit like many others. She has decided for herself that she represents Blance and Light, but have no actual claim to those things.

Wans intentions for what he want's is his business, there is no one holding him accountable to this. And he didn't get his powers because of it. It jsut his choice.

Bending is honed from animals in LoK, but the ability is granted by lionturtles, which is a change.

Also Iroh went into the spirit world while living and just never left. It's not a real afterlife like we would understand it.

No they're not. They different people with no other connection than Raava. Which is very much different.

I never said that it was the afterlife, but we saw that the spirit can travel and live there forever, like Iroh

They never replied to Tenzin "vision" not being real. But okay, let's take out that argument.

Even so, we saw that the Aang and Korra can talk to their previous life. That implies that they are not the same spirit. But a lot of spirits conected by their essence of entity.

That essence is what connects them. And that is why another spirit, Raava, chooses it's new host.

You should stop putting ATLA and LoK appart, because even if they are different, they are in the same universe. Im just trying to connect them and give them logic.

I will do the worst, become a namefag, so you can difference my posts

So you do admit that they are different atleast. And sure we can make leaps of faith to make it work, but that doesn't mean that it works as is, which is why alot of people feel that the Wan episodes ruined the lore of Avatar.

>No they're not. They different people with no other connection than Raava. Which is very much different.

Yes and no, they have another connectios, their essence, a particle of life if want to name it like that. This essence is what guides Raava to their new host.

Those lifes aren't the same, but they aren'r completely differente at the same time

Different entities ? Yes and no, they are different but iqual at the same time, they have a connection wich one and other.

They all share the same essence, but they are different, so you can't say that they reincarnate. The entity reborns. That's what I said the whole time.

And sorry if you don't liked the Wan episode, but like I said, is cannon, you can't change it, just live with it and try to give it logic and connection

>No they're not. They different people with no other connection than Raava. Which is very much different.
By that logic Kyoshi isn't a reincarnation of Aang because they have nothing in common other than being the Avatar.

Jesus, it's ok not liking LoK but being so autistic about refusing to accept things that are explicitely stated because they go against your headcanon of how everything sucks in LoK, is completely retarded.

>We do see more spirits in LoK, but they have no connection to nature unlike the spirits in Atla.

Not all of ATLA's spirits were connected to nature directly.

>We know this because they tell us that, and in Atla we know they're nature spirits because they resemble that from "real life".

Except for Koh.

>Raava isn't special really. She is just a powerfull spirit like many others.

She is literally an all-powerful spirit who, along with Vaatu, are what decide the balance of the world.

>She has decided for herself that she represents Blance and Light, but have no actual claim to those things.
No, she is. We are told she is. Canonically, she is.

>Bending is honed from animals in LoK, but the ability is granted by lionturtles, which is a change.

It's new information, not a change. The Lion Turtles only grant the power of the element to a person(presumably giving them the genetic ability to pass on the element too). They don't give any skill beyond primal, instinctual knowledge on how to produce or manipulate an element.

Bending as an art is derived from the animals. Wan even learns the Dancing Dragon from a white dragon, and those hunters are amazed by how he is controlling fire.

A more accurate term for people who didn't learn like Wan did would be "[Element] Tosser" like the Aye Aye spirit said. It's just that over 10,000 years, bender has become the "normal" term for anyone who can control an element.

>Also Iroh went into the spirit world while living and just never left. It's not a real afterlife like we would understand it.
His physical body is dead and gone. He chose to ascend to the Spirit World when he felt his duties in the world were finished. Bryke have said that, eventually, Iroh will begin to look more like a spirit.

Their connection to each other is through Raava. And your talk about essence, is nice and all, but doesn't really exist in LoK. It might not even exist in Atla but w/e.

Sure it's cannon, but that doesn't mean it is automaticly compatible with Atla.

I do like LoK though. I just don't like the Wan episodes because they fuck a lot with the overall lore, especially with who the Avatar is and why. Also fucks up spirits.

Those who we know what can do are actually. And Koh actually shares alot with different types of spirits in the real world. They can be cruel for seemingly no reason. And not be masters of a plant or water etc.

No they two powerfull spirits who fight over wether or not Vaatu is allowed to destroy the world. She says she is, but has no connection to the world which she is "spirit" of balance and light for, so she can't actually be that.

>Bryke have said that, eventually, Iroh will begin to look more like a spirit.
Sure, but he didn't die and go to the spirit world. He went there while alive and let his body die. It's not something that happens to ordinary people.

Firebenders: Mercury and Venus

Waterbenders: Earth and moons of gas giants with water

Airbenders: Gas giants themselves (airships) and maybe Ort cloud

Earthbenders: Mars, asteroid belt, and moons

Post-apocalypse scifi, like Asimovs Foundation. Human cultures are so distant and disconnected for so long an avatars journey is essentially voyage of discovery.

Fight me.

>mini series
Like Korra was originally supposed to be?
I remember being in the threads when it was announced. What I don't remember was if the whole "there would be zero romance plot". More of people assuming Korra and the unnamed friends were thought to have been together but every time was "oh no way, not after-" and then running gag to end the sentence.

I only just started watching through Avatar a week ago. I didn't like it back when it first came out, but I have so much respect for it now. I'm just plowing through it.

>Best Element
Earth or Air

>Best Girl
Like you don't already know.

>they two powerfull spirits who fight over wether or not Vaatu is allowed to destroy the world.
They're literally introduced with the statement "The all-powerful spirits are battling!"

You can not like it, but Raava and Vaatu are the all-powerful spirits who decide the fate of the world. If Raava wins, light prevails and chaos is kept in check. If Vaatu prevails, chaos runs rampant and creates imbalance.

>Sure, but he didn't die and go to the spirit world. He went there while alive and let his body die. It's not something that happens to ordinary people.
He actually did. Like the Painted Lady or the Kemurikage, Iroh transcended to the Spirit World when he died. His soul made a new home in the Spirit World. He became a full-on spirit.

Kyoshi and Aang aren't the same, are they ?

If Kyoshi REINCARNATED in Aang, they would be exactly the same because it would be "the same spirit" if you want to call it like that.

Whay I'm trying to say here is that reincarnation is the wrong term. Because by that logic, then how is it possible that Korra or Aang could speak with their previous life. In reincarnation, the soul transmigrate to a new body, forgetting who is and did in his previous life, but in ATLA and LoK, those memories aren't erased and endures in other entities, the previous avatars, resembling in some way how Buddha remembered all his past lifes after illumination.

But If you want to say that is cannon because that is what the show says, it's okay, I'm fine with that too. But I'm tired with this argument.

That was just Cred Forums wishing unfortunately.

>Avatar
>Foundation

Never have I wanted two things combined so much. Ensure it's a journey story though, more movement. Holy fuck throw in the idea that avatars were thought extinct and our hero is the first avatar In generations and you've got a solid gold ideas.

And by the same spirit I mean, the same personality and points of view. etc. Basically the same person with a different body. Wich as we saw, is not the case.

To me, LoK is two seasons and that's it. One and three. Kovira is cool (reads as: hot), but the rest of s4 is kind of complete garbage.

>>Best Element

Air and water by far. Earth is a little basic.

s4 is complete garbage, and the only salvageable thing on s2 was that we finally saw and understood more about the spirit world.

But I think that just confused us more.

Objectively, the best element is water because it's the most versatile and is as effective as chi blocking, with more perks. I wouldn't even say it's arguable.

What's important is which element you actually relate to. Astral projection is the only thing that could theoretically trump bloodbending, unless the bloodbender in question is also Hannibal Lecter or some shit.

>water

Yeah it's good against humans because we're made of the shit but in real life just use robots. Or wait until they get a bit hot after which it's just steam, which is usable my airbenders I assume. Waterbending is hilariously OP against humans and realistically either waterbenders would rule totally or the fire/air benders would have exterminated them ages ago. We can all agree earthbending is shit for everything except building big cool walls.

Water is a very powefull element because is practically in everything.

But airbenders are able to more freely wich gives them a lot of advantage in a fight, like we saw in s3 of LoK

>In reincarnation, the soul transmigrate to a new body, forgetting who is and did in his previous life, but in ATLA and LoK, those memories aren't erased and endures in other entities, the previous avatars, resembling in some way how Buddha remembered all his past lifes after illumination.

The person does forget who they were and what they did in their previous life. The only reason the previous avatar's memories and experiences are available is because of Raava, Raava creates a link to those memories and experiences. A link that can be severed if the Avatar is killed in the Avatar State or if Raava herself is destroyed.

It'd be nice if they just let someone publish a decent tabletop RPG system for the world of Avatar and let it spin off from there. As fun as Aang's adventure and some of Korra's villains were, they weren't really the strongest part of their shows. They gave it direction but the world is what kept it all afloat. And an open invitation to fill in the extensive blanks that the setting has is really the best way to keep it alive. Really what I'd love to see more than anything is a further exploration of the reigns of different avatars. For that reason it's also a stupid fucking shame that LoK effectively ended the avatar cycle AND showed us the first avatar as it puts obnoxiously neat little bookends on that otherwise near infinite potential.

I'd love to see further explorations of variations on the core characteristics of the different nations. I'd love to see more insight into how non-benders have lived throughout the world's history, especially in war times. I'd love to see more about the rise and fall of elemental nations, and really more about certain landmarks in general. The founding of Ba Sing Se, the construction of the air temples, or the first colonies of the fire nation.

Take a glass of water. Now pour it into a different cup. Is it the same water, even if it has a different shape? Yes of course.

Now imagine if the water could remember the prior vessels if it mediated. That's the Avatar.

Not until mir finishes voltron which is signed for 6 seasons

Waterbender is OP just because it has an extensive field advantage, like taking water out of fucking air. But in a dessertic zone not even that saves waterbenders.

But air is in all places, no matter what, simply because you need air to survive, so you will always fight in a place with air. And that's the advantage of airbending

You need every mechanical soldier to be made of stainless steel or platinum, and oil-powered, for it to even have a chance against water.

i somehow never noticed how gilf heavy this show was

>It was a show for adults,
16 year olds are not "adults"

Or like, just waterproof it, lol.

Humans need air as much as they need/are made of water. If we're talking a true combat situation where the ethics of blood bending are disregarded both air and water are equal.

Fire is similar to air in it requires oxygen or a fuel source, but it's easier to counter than air bending as you merely have to remove one gas as opposed to all gas. Earth is still shit though, just remove dirt.

I would love to see air/firebenders fighting in zero-g, with airbenders moving oxygen and firebenders igniting it.

It's more like I pure some water from a cup into a cup with some water, and then proceed to do the same a lot of times. That's reborn.

And now, imagine Raava as a list that let's the water see how his cup and water was before. That's the avatar.

As I said, I'm done with this argument

The cup isn't the water though, it's just what gives it shape.

I think korra is shit too, but you can't expect arguments when you didn't make any arguments yourself.

Remember that in the show is said that just GREAT waterbenders are able to take water from air and plants and just a few of them are able to do bloodbending, and only during full moon.

Against a normal waterbenders, normal airbenders have advantage.

Just look a this picture, gyatso killed this many firebenders AND THEY HAD THE ADVANTAGE OF THE SOZIN COMET

>Maybe he seriously disapproves of bending attitudes, but hides his true status as he damn well knows what it would do to the movement.
That shit didn't even make sense. Do they seriously not allow any benders in their ranks? Why? That's like not allowing any rich people in a communist organization, except it makes even less sense than that.
It bothered me so fucking much that they were an illegal organization with no legal party backing their ideology. Apparently the writers think that it's OK to blatantly and systematically censor opinions that they don't agree with.
Unless they did have some legal sway but I forgot, I stopped watching back in season 1.

>takes place after Korra
>all they fucking have to call on for avatar guidance is the biggest fuck-up in Avatar history

Dear god no

>Or like, just waterproof it, lol.

I don't know jack shit about robotics/engineering so I wouldn't know what other ways there were to waterproof metal robots than to use oil and rust-proof metal.

To be fair as ATLA has shown us firebending mooks are stormtrooper tier

nope

>dirt

It seems like dead plant-based matter would be less effective, you would want mineral and metal rich soil to earthbend.

But we saw how much power they had during the sozin's comet, I mean, the soldiers on the zeppelins were making a shit ton of fire and they were just a few of them

Op here, I'm surprise this thread is still opened, but I'm more surprised the thread is relatively civil and not just Korra shitposting. I'm so proud of you Co.

>just GREAT waterbenders

They were killed off by the Fire nation, if Aang waited until after the comet to awaken the entire Water tribe would be extinct just like the air nomads.

God I fucking hate Korra so much

So much bullshit

it hates you too

Well... my theory is more solid if you only focus on ATLA so you can't blam LoK for that

And yeah, it hates you too

It hates you too.

This is a good idea. I support it.
I also agree with this

the only one shitposting is the guy whose filled half of the thread with "this is bait pics" simply because most of Cred Forums doesn't like korra, with good reasons, many of them being said in this very thread.

She has sex for money.