At least they don't look like something you'd wanna kill

I just want to see Smurfette barefoot.

>the girl's face looks more human
When will this meme end?

even if it ends up sucking, at least it will be fully animated

>even if it ends up sucking
>if

>Implying it wouldn't
Being completely 3D with 100% fixed models this time at least keeps it from being absolutely shit. But already the voices are fucked, and that using of rap is raising flags. Red ones.

She looks like a man smurf in a wig

>Hip-Hop

Why didn't they use these character designs in the first movie?

Because the Chipmunks movies made bank.

I want to kill Sony

Now why the hell didn't they just do this in the first place instead of that "shenanigans in NYC with NPH" bullshit?

This always happens with a live-action adaption. We can't just get the characters we want, we have to have a story and some prologue that no one cares about.

Time and time again, executives have meddled with the premise of something classic, in order to 'appeal to the youth', forgetting what made it popular in the first place.

Do people even still give a shit about the Smurfs

I used to work in a books store, and people still buy the comics.

She did in the beginning

like your mom lmao

Look closer. The males have much wider faces.

Sassette a cute.

7/10

i like how she calls gargamel papa.

>rap
Don't worry too much just yet. Rap on the trailer is normal (unfortunately). If there's rap on the final soundtrack, THEN it's time to get upset.

>Rap on the trailer is normal (unfortunately)
no
especially when it's about fucking S M U R F S

The designs are much better than the realistic look they were going for in the first two movies, that's for sure. I wish they had simpler pupils though.

Also very glad to see they're not going for the "smurfs going in OUR WORLD, find out who'll they meet and what pop-culture references writers will forcefully throw in!" but rather a setting that is inside their fantasy world.

It may work. Depends on how they'll write the humour and overall story.

Ludacris is too ridiculous to qualify as a normal sort of "hip-hop red flag," if there is such a thing.
youtu.be/5yt849wJyVk?t=4m7s

Shit, he did a musical tribute to the Austin Powers movies.

the smurfs
The S M U R F S

That was.... bizarre.

They don't look quite as ugly as before

No, you don't get it. it's a modern animated movie. All the trailers have rap or pop or some sort of Skrillex shit in it. Does it make sense? No. Do I like it? NO. It's there, though. You can't deny it.

All I hope from this movie is that they explain Smurf reproduction so that we don't keep having the same bullshit in every Smurf thread with people quoting stuff like The Venture Brothers and Donnie Darko. It just gets tiresome.

So, Cred Forums... Smurfs, or Trolls?

youtube.com/watch?v=C0C_SLaUl4Y

>spoiling the climax of the movie

I know, right? But think of it this way... I just saved you $20 worth of movie tickets and overpriced popcorn.

They look to be keeping much more true to the original Smurfs designs at least, like the eyes touching one another and not over-detailing them. I like how they're animated, very cartoonish and exaggerated. Can't say I'm looking forward to whatever stupid music they'll plop into it just based on the teaser alone, but eh, as long as it stays in its fantasy setting then it has to be at least a little better than the films where they're in the real world.

Cautiously optimistic.

>It's full 3d this time.
The previous one wasn't?
Or are you referring to how they're going to spend half the movie breaking the 4th wall to try to justify being in 3d

Live action /= 3D
As in CGI animation is 3D animation, not that mixed shit. Also;
>breaking the 4th wall to try to justify being in 3d
??? Did Spy Kids 3 messed with your mind or something? 4th wall breaking never justified what makes something 3D.

And I thought Smurf House was already bad

youtube.com/watch?v=_cJv3mZISVg

>A whole new world awats 2017
>awats

Atleast it's a good step in the direction of the original "original movie"

youtube.com/watch?v=bciaEj-hNyA

Yes, she needs more role

everybody forgets her
even the one she was created for

So this is a reboot, without any live-action?

Oh shit, good catch.

>Those voices.
>Dat animation (Ok it's not THAT bad but a bit off)
>DAT PEE WEE
>Did I mention the VOICES?
Damn did I just get cancer right about now.

>Fucking kidding me
>Not Smurfing kidding me.
Delete this.

>not Smufing smurfing me

Why would live action not be capable of being 3D
Never saw spy kids (3)

thanks for telling me this, I'm avoiding spoilers like the plague now
The new Moana trailer is like 6 minutes long, how could it not have spoilers in it?

>nigger music

Touche~

>Why would live action not be capable of being 3D
Name one that actually looks good. One.
FYI: I'm talking cartoon character x humans.

>actually looks like The Smurfs this time

How did this happen? Did the last one flop? What made them right the ship?

Warcraft the movie

>FYI: I'm talking cartoon character x humans.

Warcraft the movie

it's mostly bad jokes in the trailer, to attract normies, Moana might be better than we think.

sorry for spoiling that movie.

The fuck kind of cartoon do you watch to think that haves cartoon characters?

Not that guy, but I think he brings up a good point. The Warcraft games had some pretty cartoonish models at points, and they're basically adapting that into a movie with 3DPD humans. What's the 'real' difference between that and the first live-action Smurfs movie or Who Framed Roger Rabbit? It's the 'real' interaction with the 'surreal'. Where do you draw the line, exactly? I think Warcaft the Movie is a perfectly valid example.

>kids property
>ay lets put some shitty rap music in thats what the kids like right?

Why the fuck this exists is beyond me

>Where do you draw the line, exactly?
When it actually looks like it works. 99% of the time, it doesn't. I'd rather have 100% consistency. Period. Nothing in between. One OR the other.
In point, I think anything that goes into "uncanny valley" just looks like shit. Who Framed Roger Rabbit explicitly establishes that there is a "cartoon world" and a real one. Two different looking things not trying to blend into one. It looks better that way. It's consistent.
Pic related, case in point. This point in that movie was SUPPOSED to be surreal, that man and cartoon became one. And despite the whole "back in the day animation", it still showed the point clearly and made a strong feeling of "wtf" when you see it. Stuff like look far less appealing when compared to .

Oh good they don't look like creepy monsters anymore.

Whats up with the fucked up out of place gangsta music tho?

But they explained Smurf reproduction in the fucking show.

Hey, works for me, man. I totally agree that the new movie's style looks far better than the first live action one.

Yes! They did! And half the people in these threads have either never watched the show, or willfully ignore it in favor of making references to more modern media. If they explain it again in the movie, maybe some of those people will stop doing that!

Then again, I may just be being a grumpy old man.

Can you reiterate it? I honestly never thought it was brought up in the series before, but it's been near decades since I've watched Smurfs.
Well, glad someone can understand that, to each their own is the name. I appreciate that.

Focus groups.

What, Smurf reproduction?
Smurfs have a baby delivered to them once in a Blue Moon via stork. No one, not even Papa Smurf, knows who is sending them or why, but it can be assumed that some form of intelligence is behind it. In the episode where they introduce baby Smurf, the person sending Baby Smurf communicates by letter. As far as I know, the matter is never explored further.

That yogi bear thing didn't look awful imo
not me

Are you saying rap music doesn't belong in a european fantasy comic movie for kids?

Oh yeah, right. I forget about Baby Smurf. I remember seeing that episode, thanks for the reminder.

It's because she has the hair and no ears

No worries.

Personally, I think it would make for an interesting movie plot for the Smurfs to try to find out where the babies REALLY come from.

Maybe that might be part of what the Lost Village is about. A guy can dream.

I'd fuck 'em both.

Does Justin Timberlake just like Kids films? He does a lot of them

Who framed Roger Rabbit

Oh hey, this looks kinda decen-oh god why the fuck is this music playing what were they thinking

Prepping kids to be his target audience, I guess?

We don't know enough about the Smurfs movie, but Trolls has that super colorful man-made felt look which looks great.

Aw man her design is less fuckable now, even when she's covered in plant semen

>less
Can't agree with you on THAT one.

The unnecessary heels still do something for me

The Peanuts Movie used modern music for their trailers, but the actual movie was amazing.

Smurfs are some gay ass shit with lame humor, who gives a damn fuck about those blue small french faggots.

That trailer song is some dope ass shit though

youtube.com/watch?v=BcMyJW6J86A

>French
As a Belgian I'm very offended right now. Though honestly after those other shit movies I'm not even sure why I'm standing up for it.
A-at least the Tintin movie was good, right?

>French

They make that mistake with more belgian persons

I want to bully smurfette in my room, only for her to bite my finger and user Smurf Magic to shrink me down to her size and easily overpower me and dominate me. She would then use smurf magic to shrink me again to the point where she's huge and she smothers me with her giant blue foot and sits on me with her giant blue ass. Then she would leave me stuck on the ground while my mom, whose double huge at this point because I'm smaller than a fucking smurf comes in to finish me off with her fuck huge giant smelly dirty ass feet as she wonders where I am and I get stepped on killed by the smell and sweat

I enjoyed the Tintin movie

She literally just has a slightly smaller nose. And her ears are covered by hair, so they don't stick out as much.

IIRC they wanted to add NYC to a Wee Free Men adaptation.

Kid Smurfs were a mistake and you know it.

Belgium should be divided between France and Netherlands.

Of course they were a mistake. They fell into a magical clock.

Good meme senpai

Everyone who watched the Tintin movie enjoyed it.

All ten of us!

11 of us

The hobo sleeping in the back does not count.

Hey now, frank enjoyed the movie the best he could while being high off paint fumes and hobo drugs

It was actually reasonably successful outside of the US, just like TinTin in general I guess.

But yeah, as for America, glad the 11 of you enjoyed it.

well at least the smurfs look okay now instead of that creepy realistic style

the look of the film is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Ludacris is bizarre.

How Bizarre? How Bizarre?

Oh wait, that was OMC.

/trash/ is around the corner

>that music
end it all

I found out my communications professor wrote a few episodes of the original series, I should ask him what he thinks of this.

7/10 reference

Am I the only person in the world who wants Vexy to be canon?

It would be cool to see her in the new, less ugly style, but I doubt anyone wants a reminder of those movies.

Looks so, so much better than those other shitfests.

>hip-hop

Ugh. But it's just the trailer.