How popular are the DCEU films with girls? Are the dudes not fanservicey?

How popular are the DCEU films with girls? Are the dudes not fanservicey?

I know the MCU has a huge fandom of fangirls. I have only seen one film but I know all about how hot Tony, Loki, Thor, Steve, etc are. The DCEU doesn't seem to have the same reception. Why? I'd say Batman and Alfred are pretty cute looking but people don't seem to care. The DC live action shows are a completely different story though. Smallville, Gotham, Arrow, etc have a lot of fangirls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Clarck is sexy as hell.

Meh. He's not an unattractive guy but he's more macho looking than I expect from Clark. I prefer the softer, dorkier look to Superman.

Cavil looks perfect for Superman when Snyder isn't telling him to do a grump face.

They are portrayed as older, more broken men. Not a lot of charm except for Leto but I bet Flash will be fairly popular.

No one likes the DCEU films, not even hardcore comic book readers, what makes you think girls will like them?

DC has Harley Quinn so yeah, probably be popular.

This halloween we are going to get a fuckton of Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad cosplayers.

Plenty of fanservice in DCEU movies too, so I guess girls like their men too.

One of the funniest things I've seen related to the BvS debacle was watching Henry Cavill's tumblr fangirls twisting themselves into a knot trying to spin the movie as feminist and progressive so they could justify liking it.

Probably because most of the ticket sales from SS were from Women

It's simple, they're not fun movies, the characters are not as lovable as the MCU ones.

Anyone have that pic of him offset with the curly hair? He would look better if he had the Superman curl.

Alfred was hot as fuck, I for one will be watching everything else where he appears.

Nah man. I ain't no homo but if I were to go gay for anyone it would be for Cavil.

>Not a lot of charm except for Leto

Nope.

This. Regardless of how you rate the MCU movies, you can't deny they have a lot more fun scenes of characters being goofy or just being normal. Those are the scenes that you see passed around as gifs or stills. The MCU movies even have funny self-conscious fan service scenes like in the first Thor movie where he walks out naked.

The DCEU men are, in contrast, perpetually grim and joyless. Their scenes don't really lend themselves to laughing or cooing over.

But I like the DCEU films and i'm a hardcore DC fan.

stop this meme, I've been reading comics since middle school, and I'm a huge DC fag, and I love the DCEU this far.

>BvS debacle
BvS was great though.

pic related

Lois has a more active role in MoS and BvS than any of the female characters in the MCU

>not cooing over Cavil in the bath with Adams

I feel sorry for you

I am a girl who likes the DCEU (I'm a bigger fan of the MCU at the moment, but DC comics are my favorite)

I'm a lesbian so I'm obviously more into Cara, Margot, the girl who played Mercy, but I think Henry and Ben are attractive and Ezra Miller had a huge teen following. I think he will be the DCEU's Bucky in terms of female fan endearment

I'm gay too but none of the MCU or DCEU girls do it for me. I'd rather coo over Loki or Steve.

As far as MCU goes, Black Widow in IM2 and Scarlet Witch do it for me.

It's because the DC films characters don't feel like people. They're all brooding stoic weirdos with expositional dialogue.

Say what you will about the quips and humor in the MCU but its heroes feel more human

>Does literally nothing except whine about irrelevant stuff for half the movie
>Only time she has any relevance is the two times she got captured and had to be rescued by a straight white male
>Then she went back into a collapsing building and almost dies for literally no reason.

I don't like the DCEU really but my friend does (we're both girls). We both think Cavill is nice though but I mostly say it's because he does the best puppy eyes so far and well.. his body

Why is Alfred so hot anyway? It's embarrassing for a 20 year old to drool over someone 3x their age.

I genuinely love the DCEU

>Why don't girls like shitty films?

The better question is why do men like anything from DCEU.

Because the films are good.
Not a hard concept to grasp, really.

BvS brought a lot of new people to superbat. Cavill in the bathtub and Batfleck in the shower was very fanservicey.

yeah, but not everyone else likes degenerated old men like you

It's nice to see Alfred as an interesting man. I totally believe that this guy is an actor, a spy, an engineer and a great cook. With Caine it was more of the "old man with great wisdom and survival's guilt".

Iron Alfred can get it any time he wants, I don't give a fuck.

My life changed when I saw Batman's ass.

amen to that.

DCEU is lookin handsome as fuck. They even got Jared Jesus Fuckin Christ Leto. Jeremy RenRen is up there too though.

What fan service?

right? i didnt know i wanted somethin that bad until they showed it.

There's that one guy. Every thread.

tumblr

Shit ass desu. Have a real one,

They are not popular with girls, alternatively MCU movies are only popular with girls.....which is why they, and Marvel comics, suck these days

Everything about Marvel is pandering to girls aka fake geeks and everyone on this board who defends it is one of them, we've been invaded by Cred Forums and it isn't going to change till the trend dies and pretending to like comics stops being cool to chicks and hipsters

Pop quiz, in all history when was the last time a girl had a good opinion on what makes action movies good? Never, just like guys don't know what makes a romcom good unless they're fucking gay

That was a fine piece of hard, manly booty. Not that there's anything wrong with Cavill's.

both have me prayin the gay away

Ass was nice but the dick twitch really got me.

this is the most virgin opinion I think I've read all day

4/10
best I can do
virgin is too stock

To be honest this is what throws me off in the MCU. Everyone pretty much feels the same. I think because of this there is more place for the fans to be self-insertive. Take the wild popularity of Hawkeye/Coulson: in the MCU they barely have any character, never interacted (I might be wrong here tho, don't really remember), both are average looking and yet for a brief moment everyone and their mom were drooling over them. It's because they could be written as anything the fangirls wanted them to be, no canon restrictions. See also: Bucky.

Guess you haven't seen people on the internet calling Batfleck daddy.

>guy says something negative about girl
>girl responds with UR A VIRGIN

Shining example of wit and security you are, sorry you ruin things and we don't want you in our secret club

Now go on, tell me I have a small penis, or that I'm gay and that's why I don't want to have sex with you

>I speak for everyone

>implying Lois has more agency than SW or BW

Don't forget the extra titty.

Well, I have no idea what's BW agency anymore.

>One guy

Is this why Jen broke up with Ben?

poor Cavill being forced to trim his body hair

>tfw hairy as fuck and low test beta males tried to bully me into shaving/trimming/waxing

Glad to see the DCEU fans are still grasping at straws.
I'm really glad we got past the whole "Critics bought out by disney" phase at least.

They've divorced shortly after filming, so...

Maybe he Jared Letoed her.

>SUPERMAN NEEDS TO SEE HE'S ONLY A MAN
>b-ben you're scaring me

man you virgins are so fucking predictably on edge, I'm not even a girl

So uhhh...

When do they fug?

Women are very stupid in general, so they love things that are on their level like the MCU

Sorry user, but from a technical standpoint the DCEU films are rubbish thus far.

It's okay for you to like it though. There's nothing wrong with liking a shitty movie - I love Hook and Alien Ressurection and by most people's standards they're shitty movies too.

I feel like Ben gets an unfairly amount of shit for the divorce tbqh. Meanwhile Jen plays the sweet good two shoes, trashes him in an interview stating they're def done... and couple months later there are news that they've never signed the papers and she goes with him to plays on Saturday night. I'm not buying her act.

Anyways DCEU superbat is hot as fuck, good, and pure.

this

women are very good for a few things but outside of that god help us all

All the time.

Katheryn Bigelow's opinion on action films is the only opinion you'll ever need, bro. Male or female.

She directed Point Break

>MCU drone
>Not a girl

So you're a gay man? Same difference, different body. MCU films are not made with the traditional male in mind

What dreams are made of.

I don't understand that filename.

I was very frustrated with them at that time.

It's a crappy version of Superbats though. They're very shippable but Superman doesn't have his usual quirky charm,

You could have seen it, and a bit of dick, even earlier if you watched Gone Girl.

Oh user, I did.

>MCU Movies
>Not for "men"

DCEU Joker has so many fangirls but I don't get why.

I'm a huge fan of Leto. I have been a 30 Seconds For Mars fangirl for years and I understand why people consider him one of the sexiest men alive. However, his version of the Joker is like the anti version of Leto. They tried to make him ugly or at least not drop dead sexy, and it worked. He also had an annoying voice. The only reason I can see why people would like him would be his personality and tbqh most of the fangirls are probably uber casuals who don't even realize he beats Harley.

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o

To me it's rather refreshing. I've had it with the usual stuff the fandom produced. And I really love how Clark is Bruce's saving grace, so from now on he can treat him only with reverence and awe (and the typical dose of grump). Their dynamic in DCEU really gets me.

And if you ignore the fact Batman is a psycho who nearly killed Superman.

__My gf___ liked BvS and thought it was pretty moving. Granted she has pretty shit taste in anime.

Enemies to friends to lovers bruh. It doesn't get better than this.

Maybe it's getting a little bit Ghengis Khan...

youtube.com/watch?v=P_SlAzsXa7E

Any fics about these fine gentlemen?

But who tops?

Cavill is far more rugged than Ben. He's def on top.

Superman by day...

>tell me do you bleed? CHU WILL!

yeah, girls like this sort of stuff.

Cavill's ass was made for pounding though.

My gf likes MoS and likes Batman v Superman more than Civil War, she's the only one though, every other girl I know only likes Marvel

Looks like he's checking out the package.

cherish her, user

she's one in a million

yfw you find out she shitposts on Cred Forums

Can't blame him. Would be fun to have bi Bruce.

All I ever hear in the theaters is black women loudly whistling and talking about how much they want to get fucked by Cavill and Evans.

It's great workout motivation.

There's a difference between seeing Ben Affleck's ass and seeing Batman's ass

>A thread made to shit on DCEU
>Turns into a beefcake thread
Never change Cred Forums

It's the same guy!

Holy shit are you me?

>Ezra Miller had a hige teen following
I thought this was his first big role. What was he doing before? Stuntdouble work for Justin Long?

He was in The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Talking about her infertility, duh.

Leto's Joker has a fuckton of fangirls. Ezra Miller too, but it's not like women don't care about the rest. The thing is that in the MCEU there's a huge slash following.

Literally the DCEU is full of beefcake and pretty boys, you got your pick.

I do think that the majority of the DCEU actors (excluding Margot and Will Smith) lack the charisma of RDJ, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, etc

I get so excited during Avengers press rounds because Evans and Hemsworth interviews are fantastic.

Girl at work fucking loves the DCEU though she's a DCfag so was always going to like them more than the Marvel shit.

She even hates Robbie as Harley because she's nothing like her comics counterpart,

>figures out Clark has super powers
>helps him introduce himself to the world
>helps stop the Kryptonian ship
>once they are in a relationship she never doubts superman and keeps loving him
>isnt afraid to go into dangerous terrorist hives to get the scoop
>isnt afraid to talk down to a general like he is just a normal person and gets him to investigate her crazy plot theory
>her crazy plot theory is right
>tries to get rid of the weapon hurting her loved one
>realizes that whatever threat is going down at the Kryptonian ship is probably kryptonian and risks her life to get that very weapon back

while Scarlet Witch and Black Widow just have to decide which guy they want to follow orders from

Superman literally saved him from his psychoness by just forgiving him

most fake eggs ever, but I realize why they have to do that

they really arent, but im glad you had all those actual points and facts to back up your shitty opinion

my GF is the same, she found Winter Soldier to be alright, but overall feels the MCU movies are just kinda boring.

She loved the visuals of MoS, and the whole Republic backbone since she was a philosophy major. One of her favorite shows is also Gotham.

I'm gunna show her BvS next

>not loving the Cavill/Affleck bromance dynamic in the interviews
>not loving bear-mode Mamoa

whats wrong with you

The difference is in the characterization.

You have the archetypal perfect guy in Thor - he's strong, he's good looking, he can take care of himself and you, but crucially he's also a little bit lost, a little bit in need of looking after. It's a two-way relationship, if you really simplify it as far as you can.

Same deal with Steve Rogers. He goes off to war but he's got Peggy waiting for him, and that's what's getting him through - the idea that after all this there's going to be something better. It's not endless war, there's a future. You can keep projecting different relationships - more modern-feeling ones - onto the later appearances.

Tony Stark is clearly a manchild, but he's a smart one, a funny one, and he comes through for Pepper (and his friends) time and again despite his flaws, because as much as he wants to isolate himself in those suits he's not an iron man - he's flesh and blood and he needs to love.

Meme-Lord is a lost little boy in outer space who needs a little mothering and is hot (ie he's Space Thor).

Hulk is two things; under Norton he's a total asshole who breaks up relationships and makes Betty a two-faced skank; under Ruffalo he's a pudgy, loveable, bear-like man with a dark side he struggles to keep under control. He needs fixing either way, but you get the impression Norton would slap you because he had a bad day, while Ruffalo would probably walk out the door rather than argue. Again, it's the fix-him thing, but Hulk hasn't really worked out.

Basically, you can play this game with any of the male characters. The female characters aren't all "grrrl" either; they have complexities (try following BW's emotions and story through all the movies, for example) and they make realistic demands of the men (such as Pepper's fixing of Tony). This progresses the story satisfactorily.

Batman drives his car into people and probably makes obscene calls with that voice modulator when he wants to jack off. Total stalker. Superman is unreliable (runs away for years at a time), gets everything handed to him including the girl (which was also one of the key criticisms of 2011's Green Lantern) despite being a pretty unlikeable guy; he never seems lost and in need of fixing, he seems like he's the kind of guy who tells you he fucked up and got this girl he's been hanging out with at work pregnant but he's totes about you, babe. We really haven't seen enough of the other male leads to make a judgement yet, but... it's not a good sense of what's to come. The closest you really have are Deadshot (who's a single dad, which is a plus, but is also pitted against the heroes, which is a confusion at best) and the Joker, who literally tried on-screen to pimp out Harley. Not a great look.

Then you have Lois and Wondy. Lois and Wondy are for exposition purposes and also sexual. Harley is for sexual and a good example of this is when she claims to hear voices and everybody's suddenly paying attention to her, even though the other (less hot) chick next to her has been literally talking to her sword she thinks has a dead guy in it all movie. Harley is That Bitch. Every woman wants to be That Bitch, but not permanently, because nobody actually likes That Bitch.

Clark and Lois has the most boring relationship. Same with Peter and Gwen.

The MCU has a lot of fangirls due to Evans and then it moved to muh Bucky.
The DCEU not so much.

Moms love Thor. Half of tumblr is split between Tony and Loki fangirls, while the other half is Steve and Bucky fangirls. Even Sam and T'Challa have big followings (of color.) The most popular lady characters seem to be Peggy and for some weird reason Darcy for self-insert fanfic. Everyone agrees Matt Murdock has a fine ass and Luke and Jessica seem to be the most beloved het couple since Nat and Clint went crashing down with AoU. A lot of the Black Widow enthusiasm has died since ScarJo was super problematic with the whole Ghost in the Shell thing, and there's already a lot of backlash against Doctor Strange for the Ancient One. Bendy used to be tumblr's fave, but now he's too problematic so we'll see.

Most of the DCEU tumblrs just yell at everyone and try to start fights. They put a lot more energy into bitching and lashing out at Marvel than really creating or celebrating the cast and characters. Halrey has always been the exception because HQ is the patron saint for basic bitches everywhere since forever.

I can't believe it took us this long to get something featuring a gay villain pinning for the hero. Shit writes itself.

> next video is about JFK an Gorbachev because why not

I have no idea how did you come to these conclusions.

>Batman is a broken, mentally ill man who feels his battle meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, haunted by survivor's guilt, suicidal, deals with it in unhealthy ways, partially redeems himself by the end of the movie
>Superman doesn't act in a vacuum, he constantly tries to do good but lets other people decide if he's really needed, struggles to find his place in the world, uses his voice to speak for the poor and nearly loses his job because of it - all this while being a sweet boyfriend to his older, more accomplished girlfirend
>Lois is the great journalist she always was, figures Luthor's plan, saves Supes
>WW is presented as an enigmatic, sexy, sophisticated lady, is the only one who actually knows how to fight the giant monster, saves Bats and Supes, has the coolest theme
>None of the women were presented in an objectifying way

What eggs?

>>Batman is a broken, mentally ill man who feels his battle meant nothing in the grand scheme of things, haunted by survivor's guilt, suicidal, deals with it in unhealthy ways, partially redeems himself by the end of the movie

There's nothing fixer-upper about him, though. He's not attractive, he's just a dead weight.

>>Superman doesn't act in a vacuum, he constantly tries to do good but lets other people decide if he's really needed, struggles to find his place in the world, uses his voice to speak for the poor and nearly loses his job because of it - all this while being a sweet boyfriend to his older, more accomplished girlfirend

He also throws tantrums and gets passive-aggressive with truckers, does decidedly non-heroic things and constantly questions his decisions because he lacks any kind of development as an adult.

>>Lois is the great journalist she always was, figures Luthor's plan, saves Supes

Exposition Chick is Exposition.

>>WW is presented as an enigmatic, sexy, sophisticated lady, is the only one who actually knows how to fight the giant monster, saves Bats and Supes, has the coolest theme

Wow, it's like you didn't even look past the thighs.

>>None of the women were presented in an objectifying way

hahahahahahaha

no, course not

you're absolutely correct, it's a huge conspiracy

Every person I know who was really into Suicide Squad is a teenage girl.

About like 8 or 9 people, but still.

>implying thousands of fangirls aren't wet for Leto to not abuse them in any way because all those scenes got cut

>There's nothing fixer-upper about him, though. He's not attractive, he's just a dead weight.

He realizes he was wrong. He's gonna bring the Justice League together. He has a sense of purpose once again and hope for the future.

>He also throws tantrums and gets passive-aggressive with truckers, does decidedly non-heroic things and constantly questions his decisions because he lacks any kind of development as an adult.

I'm tired of that truck argument so I'm not gonna dwelve into that. But dude, he constantly questions himself because he literally has unlimited powers and doesn't know if the world is ready to embrace someone like him. He lets people of Earth have the choice because he's not a cringy "might makes right" trope. Not really sure what you mean with the non-heroic things but if this is about killing Zod - Superman did kill in the past and will do so if absolutely necessary but tries to avoid it at all costs. And he is not perfect. And "development as an adult"? He moved in with his girlfriend, wants to propose to her, saves her life, got promoted, risks that position for something he believes in, saves people, asks his mother for advice, wants to speak in front of the senate to take responsibility for his actions, goes easy on Bats, holds the doomsday so the nuke will hit it although he doesn't know if he's going to survive that, sacrifices himself anyway... Like, I don't know what's not adult about him.

>Exposition Chick is Exposition.

She moves the plot forward with actions based on her own agenda. Not bad exposition.

>Wow, it's like you didn't even look past the thighs.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say here.

Where the hell did I imply it's a conspiracy? There are no ass/tits shots, camera doesn't linger on their body parts. We get Lois in a bathtub and WW in a robe - none of these were shot in a way where we can check out the goods. That was reserved for Bats and Supes actually.

The only popular DCEU movie seems to be Suicide Squad. Teens freaking love Harley and the Joker in it.