Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/30970-whatever-happened-to-valiant-s-2017-bloodshot-movie.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I DONT KNOW WHY ITS CALLED BRITANNIA WHEN ITS SET IN ROME

>Milligan/Ryp/Bellaire
Why was I not informed of this

GOOD ART THO

nobody on this board pays attention to valiant

I started doing it after inlost faiht in marvel and i always liked comic that use ancient rome as a setting.

Sign me up

Eh, must have something to do with myths. If I'm not mistaken, the land that would be Britain was inhabited by giants and is named after their leader, Brutain or something.

hot

AW SHIT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

C'mon Milligan, let's see this land on your good side.

i would class this as good milligan so far, hardly feels like the same writer as that shitty EW mini

>nobody on this board pays attention to valiant

Because the majority of posters are either characterfags and Cred Forums crossposters sperging about SJW shit. The only time Valiant threads get over a hundred posts is when it's a Faith bait thread.

It's a real shame since Valiant have been generally producing consistently good product, especially since they've managed to lock down a lot of top-tier artists over the last year or so.

very true, maybe the bloodshot movie will change things?

It's always a question with modern Milligan.

And I feel bad saying that, dude produced some of the best British Invasion stuff and his relationship with McCarthy could easily be said to rival Morrison/Quitely.

This whole book here sounds right up ol' Milligan's alley though.
Storytiming all of Valiant up through Armor Hunters was a fun ride. The Valiant was cool. Thing is like right after that I became a dirty tradewaiter and just stopped following monthly releases, even in scans.

Been waiting on Ninjak, Bloodshot Reborn and Eternal Warrior so far. Love those books. I'm also hoping we get a Van Lente A&A omni at some point.

looked at generation zero yet? its the kids who got rescued in harbinger wars' book written by van lente, decent first issue.

ok well thats why its called britannia

There's a reaction image in here somewhere...

Thanks OP. Seems pretty good.

>read Manifest Destiny
>it has monsters
>read Lake of Fire
>it has aliens
>read Britannia
>it has monsters

Just once I'd like a straightforward historical drama with no sci fi or fantasy elements thrown in.

Thank OP, I definitely won't complain if you keep storytiming this

Thanks OP, hadn't heard of it before. Is there any more?

Yeah, it was pretty good. The "Archie meets The Authority" thing came across really well. I have full faith in Van Lente, and am interested to see him try what seems to be a bit more serious of a book than his usual stuff. Not to say it doesn't have his brand of humor that is.

What the hell is this garbage? Any Roman would have raped the fuck out of her and thrown her in a cage to be sold.

she is a vestal virgin, see the essay at the back and the little introduction text at the start. they had special status

Are you illiterate? Read the fucking comic.

Try Black Road

Read some European comics. I can suggest:
Murena
The Eagles of Rome
Throne of Clay
Alix Senator
Fort Wheeling
The King of the Ribalds
The Marquis of Anaon
Passengers With The Wind
Conquests,
Muraqqa
Djinn
The Secret of Coimbra
Zoo
The Twilight Companions (the author of this is insane with his research, he even builds models of castles he draws complete with furnishings so he can get every bit of perspective right, look up 'In the Mermaid's Wake' for details)

And that's not to mention the other great WW2 and later books.

holy fuck that line up. I'm reading now

>comic about rome
>first line is about crucifixion
well that's redundant

The panel where Crassus declares "I[ll not be quizzed by a pleb!" has future reaction image material all over it.

How is this going to fit into the grand scheme of the Valiant universe? I'm curious.

these guys are wearing nergal death cult masks

Sorry, I just saw that page and thought she was a Gaul because blonde hair. Turns out Romans liked to dye their hair blonde, so I'm quite the fool.

so far, I wouldn't... with this line up I was hoping for something great. But this is pretty, blande and boring.

Its web based, and you know how Cred Forums treats web based content

no, there is a proper film in development, although there hasnt been any news in a while
newsarama.com/30970-whatever-happened-to-valiant-s-2017-bloodshot-movie.html

>Valiant cinematic universe in the hands of Sony
>Ken Watanabe has stomach cancer so no hope of him playing Toyo Harada

Why does the universe seem to hate Valiant while it puts out consistently great comics?

Is Milligan not shit anymore?

It's all good, Cred Forumsmrade.

And thanks for posting this, OP. I just went to the local LCS on my lunch break and snagged one of the last remaining copies.

I really like the slave, kinda like Ceasar's literate slave in Rome but martial instead of well read.

I would also add Northmen. A series of short stories by Brian Wood, and some have a bit of supernatural to them but not many. They take place over a large time period and can range in theme from daily life to war and starvation. One of my favorites is story about hunting and tracking an deer.

Oh hey thanks for this one.

>"The earliest inhabitants on whom traditions agree were giants. They are reputed to have been descendants of Noah's son Ham, and to have come from Africa in the second millennium before Christ and taken possession. A few English chroniclers maintain that they were preceded by descendants of Noah's son Japheth. But these people, if they ever existed, were conquered by the giants and all trace of them disappeared.

>The giants' king was Albion. He was begotten by the sea-god whom the Greeks called Poseidon, the Romans Neptune. 'Albion' is the island's oldest acknowledged name, presumably taken from the giant. Some, however, derive it instead from a princess Albina. They say she sailed to this country, which then had no human inhabitants, at the head of a band of women - perhaps as many as fifty - who had been banished for killing their husbands. They were all sisters on the paternal side. Their father is sometimes named as Diocletian and sometimes as a king of Syria. In their new home they mated with demons, and the giants were the result of these couplings, not migrants from outside. However, the only recorded ruler called Diocletian was a Roman emperor many centuries later, and the tale of the husband-killers is little favoured."

Lelouch when?

That's a must for a reaction image.

Not to shill, but highly recommend getting this in print if you can. It's prestige format, and judging by page count/price ratio, it's *very* much worth the 4 bucks.

>30 years of chastity

wait, is that how the Wizard meme got started?

valiant prestiges are beautiful, i got The Valiant solely because the format was so nice

fucking this.

bump