Venom: Spaceknight #12 Storytime

Venom: Spaceknight #12 Storytime

The reunion we've all been waiting for!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11GHfzgoW58h_mEt7YkHLr5CVKkvAiG_py71Ri_UL6VI/edit
lolilovesvenom.livejournal.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Symbiotes born from eggs

No sir, I do not like it.

I still don't like that it had a host before Peter. Or that basically all of its memories have been erased.

See Peter? Was that so hard? Talking instead of fighting?

>Ripping yarn

I feel like that's the writer's subtle way of saying "garbage"

Remember to bump if you're reading.

Venom says we've seen these guys before. Who are they, just generic thugs of Lord Ogre?

The host could be either Brock, Deadpool, or Peter and he just doesn't remember.

True. Would certainly explain the spider.

"Sorry, Doc Ock was in my body"

Do venom next

>Deadpool
Don't remind me

I mean Carnage

The elixir was just in a water bottle? That was easy. Is there enough in there for the big guy and Mania?

When is flash gonna find out peter is spider man

Do Mania's boobs seem bigger to anyone, or is just me?
I'd have to read it first, but I did it last time, and may as well this time.

It's kinda ridiculous to me that out of all the people who know his secret identity, someone who has a VERY long history with him (Flash and venom both) don't have a clue.

>Venom will back to a murder happy monster

You absolutely deserve this Flash.
Not in this issue

>Do Mania's boobs seem bigger to anyone
Its been like 2 years in universe

That first panel really makes me smile.

Huzzah!

They absolutely are.

PETER, JUST TELL HIM WHO YOU ARE

Peter he is one of your oldest friends and is also a superhero just fucking tell him

I'm glad Venom didn't just reabsorb the Mania symbiote. Do you think they plan to give it back?

AW SHIT

WHY WON'T PETER JUST TELL HIM?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>that "cover"
baka

Dude what if the Venom symbiote found out his seekrit identity and ruined his life?!?one??!eleven?

...oh wait

Letters page

Well that don't look good.

Whaaaaat

Circle of Four redux soon?

NEXT TIME

THE FINALE

Gonna go find a download of Carnage, and I'll be right back.

Ffffffffffffuck! She most likely got involved with some Supernatural stuff when Flash was away.

So either...

A) Andi is the new Venom
B)The hell-mark corrupts Flash and Venom.

so Flash gonna ask Eddie for help with purging demon?

Excuse me

What?

What the hell is this?

I thought she was just some random punk.

It seems the hellmark was passed onto her through the symbiote.

Andi.. you've gotten um.. bigger since the last time we saw you. Dear lord does the symbiote enhance everything?!

Cred Forums is telling me "this image contains an embedded file"

Anyone knows what that means?

Maybe it's just the cover, I'll try posting the rest.

Aw sweet it works. I have a textless version of the cover, so have that. Don't wanna miss out on Del Mundo's gorgeous art.

LET'S KEEP THIS SYMBIOTE TRAIN A ROLLIN'!

It's been 16+ months, that's room for growth.

Alright, back on track.

>The Mania symbiote was making her tits bigger

Poor Eddie. Nobody appreciates him.

Looks like we're taking a trip back into Cletus' past.
The Mania symbiote's got the right idea if you ask me.

How many times has a writer delved into Kassidy's past now?

Brock just wants to help the girl. Good ol' Eddie.

MORE FLASHBACKS

Ah, the classic Clestus childhood story

Sorry about that, wrong page.

Time for Toxin!

Shit, how many times has this happened in comics?

Snake lady got real cute all of a sudden, I like her looking more crude and rough to go with her personality and role but hey whatever.

Hey, Eddie gets to be in the flashbacks now!

Huh, Brock didn't get the memo then.

>Move over Brock, I'M the symbiote who's gonna save him

Can I just say, while this artist may not be the best, I love the fact he draws Carnage with no white teeth? It's only acceptable for AXIS Carnage because of how amazing that book was.

Where'd Jameson go?

Rather lame ending to the issue if you ask me, but it's still enjoyable. Venom was better.

Agreed. I miss red and black Carnage
>that spider-verse story where he was drawn as pure red
ew

And that's all for today.

Support the books!

For future reference, if you just open the image in an editor and then save it, it gets rid of that.

Obviously the Mark transferred onto her. Her symbiotie was probably keep her in check.

Thanks.
I know, it's a really nice twist, making you think the symbiote is making her go crazy.

We're bred to be rings
Rings of the green lanterns
Here on our planet GreenLanternia

Anti-Venom is gone forever isn't he? why put him in the limbo? was slapstick in the limbo and Kaine?

You joke, but the rings used to have a consciousness and would explain what they are and what they do.

>Anti-Venom is gone forever isn't he?

Not necessarily. This page gave a bunch of hints that Eddie still had it. Like, where'd that web come from that opened the furnace?

Slapstick was in limbo but got out once Deadpool got him for the mercs for money, and Kaine was in there since Spider-verse, but is coming out for Clone Conspiracy.

I thought... Raze? was an new symbiote
Not piece of Carnage
I don't remember Carnage's other kids having the "fuck it, turn everyone into Cletus" mentality of Carnage

Raze was created off panel, and it's implied that Carnage created her using a perfected way he created all the other partial symbiotes, but she does seem to be her own symbiote.

Jubilele (or whatever her name is) got infected with part of Carnage, but something went wrong, and now she's linked to him.

Oh good, lasting consequences in a comic book
I hope Andi, uninfluenced by demons or symbiote, hates Flash for abandoning her

What's Spidey telling Venom?

And that's fair enough
Symbiotes should not be Green Lanterns rings though

It's lame
Almost as lame as the "Klyntar' name
Who wants to be named after Hawkeye anyway?
I don't know why they keep letting Bendis touch symbiotes, he's actively demonstrated that he hates them

>666
God really does love a joke.

Aw, Venom finally got closure with his ex. That is so good to know.

Eddie tried to tell him
It's not a black suit from Space! It's a Black Demon From HELL!
I miss Anti-Venom. Hell I miss Eddie in general.
Still this was pretty fun. Shame it's coming to an end.

As someone who hasn't been following this book, has basically everyone called that Mania is going to be the plot device to bring Venom back to the status quo?

She'll be reabsorbed, returning all the memories and hate

Bump

Hmmm. As a person who's been thinking about about reading Agent Venom for Mania (because she seems like a really cool character), it probably wasn't the best idea to come into this thread.

Thanks, OP. It's sad that Venom got cancelled right when it was really starting to get good. Also, Eddie's concern for Jubilile warmed my heart.

I don't think it's a huge deal. Keep reading though, it's worth it.

>OG host has the spider symbol
I thought he only had it because of Peter?

this Venom monologue is awful. where's the brutality?

Did you read the previous issues? They were all about the symbiote coming to terms with its rage.

he realized he had a temper, he didn't go to finishing school

Yet this fuck face is still on carols team

>you don't know me
>nobody knows me
>my pain is a black void
>Life is just a... OMG mom leave i'm being deep you don't get it, it's not a face it's who i am

Ulysess is going to have a vision of someone close to him and he will change teams or Bendis like to making him look more stupid, don't acuse me of the Bendis meme we both know that guy sometimes just write Peter more stupid to make his OC's look better

Fuck its patient zero Spidey from Marvel Universe vs!

Oh absolutely. I hate Bendis.

Pages like this and this really show how much better Carnage is over Space Knight and how Conway cares more about what he's writing over Thompson. There's so many inconsistencies in Space Knight and I care nothing about these characters, Flash is boring, no one cares about the space crew, and the entire amnesia idea with the symbiote and Peter just being okay with it is laughable. I don't even care that Mania is back, hell, I care more about Raze than I do Andi at this point. What world do we live in where Eddie Brock is a more interesting character than Flash Thompson. At least Space Knight is getting its mercy killing next month.

>working for my old pal, Peter Parker
Flash and Peter are never going to reconcile for being such dicks to each other in school, are they?

tell me again why he couldn't go to dr.strange for help?

What? I love both books, and because of the recent arc, I like Spaceknight better than Carnage at the moment.

Sure there's a few inconsistencies, but let's be honest, the rules for symbiotes have always been pretty murky, especially after Bendi's retcon. Remember the multiple times Eddie was permanently bonded to Venom and it couldn't be removed from him?
And the symbiote repairing its relationship with Peter shows growth as a character. It's been through a lot.

Having amnesia doesn't count as character growth. It's a lazy attempt to cover things up before they escalate again.

No, I'm not a fan of the amnesia either. It would've meant a lot more if Venom had come to terms with what happened between it and Peter while remembering everything.

Still, the first arc was a little boring, but I've greatly enjoyed Spaceknight, and felt as though Robbie was doing the best with what he's been given. He also turned Silk into a great book from a horrible intro.

>666
Ohshiiiiiiii-

You know, someone with a measure of talent could do a mini for Andi/Mania

Set it right after Venom leaves the city, focus on the build up of anger from the hellmark - fight some demons or Jack O Lantern.

Imagine that, a book dealing with a teenager girl that has an actual struggle to deal with rather than quirky la quirky series.

What a shame.

Hail Slott

Bunn was going to write or had plans for a Toxin/Mania team up mini. That would've been amazing, from what we've seen Brock has a better way with kids than Flash anyway.

BRING BACK PAT
BRING BACK PAT
BRING BACK PAT YOU FUCKING HACKS

>Slapstick was in limbo but got out once Deadpool got him for the mercs for money

Slapstick was in Avengers The Initiative before that.

Pat is kill

He cn get better

I chose to ignore all that deadpool stuff. I'm gonna read this as him unknowingly referring to Peter

Michael Walsh is on covers now m8, still beautiful though

It's been spoiled that Ully has a vision of Miles killing Captain America (obvious because of something Cap does on behalf of Hydra, but the vision doesn't expose why Miles kills him, only that he does)

and as someone who knows that, in a couple different timelines, he himself goes murder crazy, Peter would have no reason not to support Miles

>c'thon
>C'thon
>C'THON!

Have you seen the cover to issue 15?

Why are symbiotes so cool?

I wish I had one.

My money'd be on Carnage
Even if this wasn't his book

You know Bendis is writing this right, he can kame all the shit he wants without making any cense he reconet stuff that just happen 2 issues ago exmaple totally awesome hulk, there literally a spot in the civil war 2 bingo for Miles side wins

You guys do know that Brock is currently Toxin in the new carnage book, right?

Because they're shape shifting bros that are bullet proof and can make YOU bullet proof.

Duh.

But the antivenom symbiote was apart of Eddie's white blood cells. No way it's all gone. The Toxin symbiote is probably just preventing it from coming back to full power.

You can pretend

>FAIL FAIL

Where the hell is the editor? EVERYONE knows Symbiotes split.

i want scorn back.
she was the one with the intelligence venom once told parker he just missed out while rejecting him.
i know she can only work as a support character, but she's one hell of a support character. she proved herself more than capable in carnage usa.

this was probably the first "batch".
then again, it could be the editor fucking shit up as you guys say.

Thanks. I've done this before, it only makes me want one more lel.

The editor should have caught that right away and said "UHHNO"

Another hack that is allowed to muck up continuity just like Bendis.

>Well obviously Toxin seems to be the best choice. No drawbacks besides lack of experience but that's worth it for a symbiote that forms under your guida-
>Scream insists on taking a female form, whether you want to or not.

Is there any place that lists a character's appearances in order and instead of just listing series it lists the individual issues they shows up in as well as the order? Trying to put together something for some symbiotes but all the lists I'm finding just say "Character X appears in Series Y. Sorted by publish date of first issue of series" without getting any more specific.

>Spawning

I remember people in a symbiote thread arguing over whether that was the Carnage symbiote that Scorn is picking up in that image or a new spawn. So someone asked the writer of Carnage USA and asked them. They said it was Carnage. So might want to update the picture with an actual spawning.

Shhhh... it's Marvel, senpai. Best not to think about what could be. There are only tears, now.

Toxin
Regeneration
Tendrils
Invisible
#1 Fan
Bro

look out its Spawn

>white text box for venom
Goddamit

> you are teeming with rage

I like this, Venom being aware of how homicidal Peter is towards the symbiote. Remember the first arc of Remender's run and how Peter went apeshit the second he saw Venom?

I could have sworn the Bunn run ended with Andi's Hellmark being removed. Did I miss something?

Just getting into Agent Venom, been catching up and finished Venom's series. Do I read Space Knight or GotG first? Or is this one of those cases where you read one issue of one book then an issue of the other book, then back to the first book etc to get everything? Does Thunderbolts happen before he goes to space, should I read that first?

Nah, it just ended with them discovering exactly what Mania's symbiote was and what happened to the hellmark from Mephisto.
Read the Planet of the symbiotes arc from Guardians of the Galaxy, and then just read Venom Spaceknight

You know, I was hoping that comment meant something else, but this is obviously a better thought. For a second, I thought Venom was suggesting something else.

>Panel 1: Peter sprays webs onto the front of a helmet which covers its wearer's mouth, and this somehow shuts them up.

I can't help but feel this is the product of a miscommunication between writer and artist.

I stopped reading Venom after Flash met Andi. I'm sorta interested in picking it back up, but I'm seriously turned off by the suit for Space Knight

Is it worth the read?

>Black Ops suit forever in my heart

I think so, but if you must, you can skip the first 6 issues. It starts getting really good with issue 7.

And yes, Agent Venom is still his best look, but the Spaceknight outfit has grown on me.

I'd say no. Also the next series is on earth so probably all the space stuff will be disregarded anyway.

>Venom doesn't even remember Peter and their relationship
Gwen, Felicia MJ and now this?

Peter is asking if Venom if he still does sexy stuff to the host.

This fucking sucks. It completely destroys the Spidey/Symbiote relationship, which was the only interesting part of Venom left.

Dude. The entire premise of everything symbiote was fucked up beyond repair by Bendis. This is absolutely nothing. You might as well treat pre bendis symbiotes as an entirely different species/thing because the entirety of what they are got retconned.

I like how noone actually stopped to think about whether or not Miles is remotely capable of the sheer destruction in that vision.
Peter would just have the same reaction he had in his own CW2 story. Try to figure out what the bloody hell is actually going to happen so that he can peacefully resolve everything and actually having the back of his protege. Then he accidentally fucks things up somehow for the sake of drama.

What is happening in Civil War Spidey right now?

He did. The only reason Spidey's black costume(s) look the way they do, is because he was checking out Julia Carpenter during the original Secret War.

Slott's OC that was a sound based villain showed up in a ulysses vision fighting spider-man despite being reformed and working for him. Peter was incredulous and decided he'd rather investigate what would cause it, give him a raise, and try to not be a dick if he was being one so that he could prevent it rather than just shove him in jail.
He got smacked with the classic self fulfilling prophecy when the guy overheard the conversations trying to find out what troubles he was having to prevent it and mistook it for Peter not trusting him at the same time his own life was going to shit as a result of him being a former supervillain when he as a teen despite it literally just being one retarded time.
Unfortunately the guy's cellphone was off so none of these misunderstandings can get cleared up.
I feel like there should be an issue I missed which may have come out yesterday or so.

Really?
I liked Clash, he'd better not fuck this up.

I want things to go well for everybody involved with Peter for once instead of the universe fucking him over.

>venom actually talks to people now and has a personality
>Came at the cost of the bitching Agent Venom design

Not sure how I feel about that.

Memory is a funky thing.

Why does Carnage sell so much better than Space Knight yet no one talks about it? Is it because it's an actual good book that's relatively inoffense or what?

>from what we've seen Brock has a better way with kids than Flash anyway

Not symbiote offspring, though. He utterly detests them. Just look at the Lethal Protector and Separation Anxiety mini series as well as the Exile Returns story arc from the Clone Saga (one of the few genuinely good parts of that).

Also his symbiote kill spree during Remender's run.

>Brock
Its not. Brock wasn't his first host and the only time Brock ever went off planet with the Venom symbiote was during the Planet of the Symbiotes story arc.

>Deadpool
That is not in 616 continuity, dingus.

>Peter
Yeah, because Peter is specifically known for his murderous rage.

>I'm gonna read this as him unknowingly referring to Peter

You honestly don't think the symbiote had a host before Peter? Why do you think it was imprisoned in the first place?

Go read the 90's Planet of the Symbiotes story.

>"Hey, latest issue of Carnage was good."
>"Sure was."
>End of discussion.

>It's been spoiled that Ully has a vision of Miles killing Captain America

And Venom is on Carol's side before he even sees this vision...

yeah
unless something is a huge sprawling mystery/deepest lore thing with lots of room for speculation, then conversation about a current good thing amounts to "yeah, it is pretty good innit." and there's not much else to say. same as with Vision and New Avengers

>Yeah, because Peter is specifically known for his murderous rage.

We know is not him, but can we all agree that Peter have serious anger issues that he's not dealing with

>No way it's all gone.
Why? Because you say so?

Didn't they explicitly state that it was all gone at the end of Spider Island?

Here you go: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11GHfzgoW58h_mEt7YkHLr5CVKkvAiG_py71Ri_UL6VI/edit

All of Cletus's flashbacks here contradict ones from previous stories.

Then again, he outright admitted in things like Maximum Carnage and AXIS that even he's gotten a bit muggy about his backstory.

>That is not in 616 continuity, dingus.

It is according to Bunn.

But no one cares and it'll probably be quickly forgotten once the upcoming mini ends and ends up being lost in the endless sea of other recent dumb Deadpool minis.

>Gerardo Sandoval

Whyyyyy? I sure hope Costa can actually write a good story, because we know the art is going to be utter shit.

>because Peter is specifically known for his murderous rage
he is

>It is according to Bunn.

And Byrne said that Spider-Man: Chapter One was 100% in continuity. Look how that turned out.

Marvel is also saying the Spidey series is 100% in continuity and that book fucking shits all over the Lee/Ditko stuff by retconning stuff left and right.

Just because some creator says this shit for marketing purposes, doesn't mean its actually true.

How. We know Cletus pushed his grandmother down the stairs and that he attempted to kill his mother which made his father go off and kill his wife. Conway adds to it by giving us his parents' names and that nice jail scene with Brock that makes perfect sense. He isn't fucking everything up by saying shit like symbiotes hatch from eggs.

>Marvel is also saying the Spidey series is 100% in continuity and that book fucking shits all over the Lee/Ditko stuff by retconning stuff left and right.

That was hilarious.

Like, Jesus Marvel, the very first fucking page showed that it was set in 2015.

They did the exact same thing with Marvel Age back in the day (#1 Solicit - Not a "retcon" ... Not a "new universe"!)

>Like, Jesus Marvel, the very first fucking page showed that it was set in 2015.

Yeah, I imagine the response would be something like:
>Its t-totally in continuity
>Yeah, Peter has only been Spider-Man for two years
>C-compressed timeline, r-right? That's totally how that works.

Cletus's grandmother wasn't in a wheelchair and was morbidly obese. He pushed her down the stairs after smashing a bunch of her figurines. There also wasn't any indication that she was abusive.

Cletus's dad his killed his mother after walking in on her trying to kill Cletus in retaliation for him killing her dog, thinking she had gone nuts or something. Here he kills her accidentally while beating the crap out of Cletus himself.

But, like I said, Cletus's early life is kind of a mess because he's prone to lying and forgetting/mixing up shit, and I guess this is supposed to be "WHAT REALLY HAPPENED" because it's derived from a mental connection, or something.

Couldn't it just be a case of Cletus being an unreliable narrator? I mean, he is insane and all that.

I kind of agree on this. Cletus's insanity affecting his recollection of the past has been established for a long time. But I think we can take this variant as the 'canon' one, if only because it's told through the link.

Well, until something else says otherwise.

Never really dawned on me that Eddie would beat the crap out of Cletus in prison. All they ever seemed to do in other flashbacks is bitch at each other.

>Cletus is a big Motely Crue fan.

That's great.

I do really like that idea and Eddie's dialogue in the page. The only thing I can't believe is Brock would let Cletus live after figuring all that out.

Brock was never a cold blooded killer. And until Remender's Symbiote Hunter story arc, Brock didn't kill anyone at all, without his symbiote.

Murdering his cellmate would probably squander any chance he had of ever getting out, since at least all of his previous crimes were committed while he was Venom, which would give him some kind of "I wasn't in my right mind!/The alien made me do it!" defense.

>And until Remender's Symbiote Hunter story arc, Brock didn't kill anyone at all, without his symbiote.

He had, but it was either in self-defense (like the villain's minions in The Hunger) or because he was having a psychotic episode (the nurse and nearly Aunt May in The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock).

>which would give him some kind of "I wasn't in my right mind!/The alien made me do it!"

Which is exactly what happens in The Trial of Venom, if I recall.

That's a fair point, I had completely forgotten about those.

But I think we can safely agree that, in normal circumstances, he wouldn't kill someone while not bonded to a symbiote.

It was, and he would've gotten away with it if Spider-Man didn't push his buttons at the end, and it's how he got free in New Ways to Die too, but we all know it's BS. The symbiote and him worked together as partners.

>The symbiote and him worked together as partners

That's debatable. Its kinda the whole subject of Separation Anxiety.

Fun tidbit: According to Todd McFarlane, David Michelinie plan was that the suit was manipulating Brock to do evil shit but played off of Eddie's insecurity and urge to be a "somebody" like a hero, hence the "We protect innocence" rants from Eddie, it was also planned for the suit to "eat" Eddie and look for other host at some unspecified time. We see a lot of evidence of this between the two What ifs of the time where the suit tries to manipulate people (Punisher and Spider-man, however in the later the suit just went full vamprie) as well as narration in the main Spidey books. However Venom became so popular that it was pushed to make him an antihero and the whole plot got butchered and we started to see stories that implied partnership rather than control.

I suppose, though that question was only raised to kick start Planet of the Symbiotes, and they figured themselves out in the end. But for the most part I think we can agree they were a team until Spider-Man: The Hunger and all that.

And another page just for fun.

We had at least 3 Venom stories that turn this on it's ear and debate it
Separation Anxiety, The Hunger and Venom vs Carnage.

>thrilling pages of Superior
Pretty fucking generous there.

Venom had a mess of editorials
In short his series was at a time comics were doing bad and they were throwing anything that would stick, however Venom had this taboo of being just as popular as Spider-man and higher ups at Marvel were nervous of that
I wish I could remember the exact issue but between Wizard 61 and 73ish they had a special on the raise of popularity in anti-heros and Venom was mention and in the same breath shared the series was going to be canceled all shared by Marvel's CEO who shamelessly admitted it was being done because Marvel wasn't comfortable with Venom having his own book and competing with Spider-man. Wizard implied the reasoning could be more shady where Todd McFarlane gets a good size of royalties on any Eddie/Venom story or merc adding to that Todd left on such bad terms it could have been Marvel cutting it's nose tired that it's better selling Spider book was a character he could always take credit for.

Got any interviews with McFarlane where he talks about that stuff?

>Spider-Man: The Hunger
Fuck that story. Seriously. Worst thing to happen to the character. That was the point when Venom just became a generic vampire monster. Hasn't been able to recover from the character assassination from that story since.

Why does it seem for the most part that anytime success hit's an Author Marvel wants all there works burn to the ground and forgotten? I get the other extreme which is how DC usually runs things which is if you are a big hit they will whore you and/or your idea out until you stop making money, but Marvel almost seems like it's ran by piety jealous tryhards that will destroy any character or event if the main writer leaves Marvel to work on something else.

In fairness though they ended the story with Venom whole again with full intention of Brock still being Venom and maybe the two coming close again, but then they just took Eddie's whole cancer thing and ran with that until it led to Mac being Venom.

>In short his series was at a time comics were doing bad and they were throwing anything that would stick

Not unlike what Marvel is doing right now.

While it was a mess I disagree Venom "became" that
He had a eat count (not kill count, eat count) of at least 9 people by that point, why would he throw up about eating a punks brains when just a few stories ago he ate five guys (ha!) to hide their corpses so no one would know he disobey the underground and killed them. I mean shit are brains so gross Eddie when you were having to chomp on all those guys organs and bones?

As far as I'm concerned, Spectacular v2's The Hunger story was the death of the original Venom. The version of the character that followed that story might as well have been an entirely new character.

>He had a eat count (not kill count, eat count) of at least 9 people by that point

Something that was already dealt with in the original Venom: The Hunger miniseries.

Very true and once again they are messing with Venom to try and keep him as far away from that Eddie version.

Wait I'm confused and haven't read the Hunger since it came out. Did the writer actually try to walk around all those stories where he ate people like in Venom: The Mace and Avengers Deathtrap?
Because that is one serious game of stupid.

>He had a eat count (not kill count, eat count) of at least 9 people by that point

Huh? He didn't actually EAT anyone until Venom: The Hunger and then Eddie has a falling out with the symbiote until they find a work around. At which point he STOPS eating people.

What nine people are you referring to?

Venom didn't start eating people again until the symbiote bonded with Gargan and they had spent a little time together (he was fine until he got to the Thunderbolts... and even that was limited, most of it was pushed on by the telepaths driving Gargan crazy).

Wait sorry I get what you are saying: He was "cured" in the hunger but in that Spidey run he was a nom nom again.
Got my hungers mix up.
That said he killed and ate his landlord and former boss between those stories and out right try to eat Sandman...only to be chased away by burring paper.

>That said he killed and ate his landlord and former boss

When did this happen?

>and out right try to eat Sandman

No. He just bit Sandman. There is a difference between biting someone and trying to digest them.

You say that but i still love the centerfold of Eddie in the confessional with the symbiote blocking out the light.

not user but on levels of crazy biting a chuck out of someone and eating it can still be seen as cannibalism. I never really cared for Venom because his stories were so inconstant. He work best as just a stalker villain against Peter. Shame they just made him so single minded on that. He could have screwed with Peter for ages without ever hurting him. But I guess that's why we had 90's Norman. I hated they brought him back but damn they did some good story telling with that.

Oh cool, some more Agent Toxin fan art from Japan.

I really wish they played on that tragedy more, Eddie was tired of everything and just wanted out but the suit driving him forward for it's wants made such a perfect picture of a toxic codependency of any kind, a drug abuser could relate, a person in a broken marriage, anyone who has ever lost control of his life in a bid to get it back. It was just a really good angle to play stories off of then "Kill Him! Revenge!" or "We're like Deadpool but edgier and with worse humor"

>liking anything Ramos drew

Come on, user. Have you no standards?

>He work best as just a stalker villain against Peter.

That's extremely one dimensional. I'm glad Marvel figured out SOMETHING different to do with him. Unfortunately, that something wasn't always great.

Having said that, Personally, I still enjoy a lot of of the 90's Venom minis. Lethal Protector, Separation Anxiety and Sinner Takes All are among my favorites. Enemy Within and Nights Of Vengeance were lots of fun, too.

Heck, I even liked The Hunted and really wish we'd see another Xenophage at some point.

I dunno, it might just be nostalgia bias, though. I grew up with those comics, so they have a special place for me. But I still re-read them from time to time and enjoy them just as much.

MOTHERFUCKING TASTYKAKES

With the Symbiotes being the Klyntar now I have to wonder just how the Xenophage fit in.

Do they hunt all symbiotes or just the ones that are wild and burn hosts for adrenaline? I believe the one Xenophage that shows up mentions that symbiotes that stay bonded to a single host for a long period of time are considered a delicacy, which fit Klyntar to a tee, but with how they're structured and enhanced compared to their wild siblings I would imagine they're that much harder to hunt. But maybe that plays into it, since they're harder to hunt they appreciate the meal that much more.

Not just because I say so. Like I said, the artist hinted at it in the death of scream.

And is it even possible to remove all the white blood cells from your body without killing you?

Why would a Xenophage discriminate? They're just a sharpshooting predator.

I imagine they probably prefer the "good" Klyntar, because of said delicacy. But I'm sure they eat any symbiote they come across.

That's reader inference. For all we know, he rigged up a string. The white eyes are just meant to make him look sinister.

There is nothing specifically saying he still has any of those powers. That's 100% wishful thinking on your part.

You realize that the antivenom suit wasn't actual white blood cells, right? The Venom symbiote left some of its cells in Brock when it left. Mr. Negative inverted THOSE.

They just have a similar effect to white blood cells, despite not actually being them.

>And is it even possible to remove all the white blood cells from your body without killing you?

Why the fuck would they have any need to do that?

>And is it even possible to remove all the white blood cells from your body without killing you?

Ehh, I suppose technically you could attempt it and you could live with out them. The issue is the white blood cells in your body are your main defense against infection. So you would have no defense at all against outside threats and probably quickly die from something that most people would not even realize they caught due to their immune systems shutting shit down fast.

Your white blood cells aren't constant, limited, or anything like that. Older ones are dying off, newer ones are being made, and your immune system constantly updates as it learns from battling threats to your body.

Now a issue with Eddie and his Anti-Venom suit. Were the systems in his body that produce white blood cells changed to produce the material the suit is made out of, or did it continue to produce regular white blood cells and later some other system or process in his body used them as the raw material to make the suit?

Symbiotes are so weird and have been changed by so much shit on Earth it's hard to determine what would count as an asspull or not.

>Were the systems in his body that produce white blood cells changed to produce the material the suit is made out of

,,,fucking... what?

That's not at all how the Anti-Venom suit works.

It is 100% wishful thinking. I just want Anti-venom back. It's the best Brock's ever been.
Reed needed to cure all of Spider-island using his antibodies.

Explain how it works then, haven't read any Ant-Venom material since it was new.

Could non-symbiote Eddie take out Cletus?

I mean, I'd imagine that as soon as he touched Cletus, it would turn to a fight to the death if because Cletus likes to kill

Toxin
Enhanced Shapeshifting
Resistance - resistant to both
Mind Control

Scientist
#1 Fan

The Venom symbiote left some of its OWN cells in Brock's body when he sold it to Furtunato.
When Mr. Negative touches Eddie, the Venom symbiote cells inverted and started replicated, forming into a new entity. Its completely separate from Brock's body, but inhabits it. When inverted, the suit amps up the symbiotes's natural healing abilities and it starts destroys diseases (curing Eddie of his cancer) in the same manner that a white blood cell would, but isn't actually a white blood cell itself. They're SO amped up, though, that whatever Eddie touches while wearing the suit, gets "cured" of non-standard human traits (thus, when he touches Peter Parker, it tries to cure his irradiated blood).

The suit is a seperate being from Brock, though. So you can remove it and it doesn't effect Brock in any way.

>Reed needed to cure all of Spider-island using his antibodies.

See:

>Yeah, because Peter is specifically known for his murderous rage.
He literally keeps a black suit around for when he finally snaps.

That's a thing he does.

The symbiote cells didn't invert, they bonded completely to Eddie's blood cells. Meaning the Anti-Venom symbiote is a part of him because it's his blood cells. That's also why he was weakened during Spider-Island because he was using too much of them to heal people.

Does anyone else find it funny that Remender changed Toxin because "Symbiotes should only be monsters" but then Bendis swept in and made them into Green Lanterns?

That's an amazing illustration. Where did it come from? Is there more?

Just something I got in a symbiote thread, don't know the source.

Well, its great. Reminds me of Loli Loves Venom.

lolilovesvenom.livejournal.com/

That was me that did the Japanese symbiote art dump, the artist's Twitter is @ngtni

So how old is she now? 18?

Shame Miles One shot him... i'd really just like to see miles get his comeuppance atleast once.

I love how this hell mark was a plotline introduced like two years ago and forgotten about in ANOTHER comic by some writer who ran out of time to complete it, and now some other writer is using it to fill time in his own comic.

Welcome to Marvel
It has been like this since the 80s
Read up on the third Summer's brother if you want a real hair twister of hanging plots repurposed

Cletus is usually depicted as scrawny to average with nothing but street fighting skills, while Eddie is almost always depicted as kind of a mountain of muscle who was on sports (including wrestling) teams throughout school.

>Get up, Kasady, I'm not done with you yet.

>*unzips dick*

>someone with a measure of talent could do a mini for Andi/Mania
You'll get Cullen Bunn and you'll like it.

I miss Patrick

IT HAPPENED OFF PANEL

THEY DIDN'T SHOW A BODY

I can't decide between Toxin and Anti-Venom.
I guess Toxin because I would enjoy teaching him about morality and the world.
>Enhanced Shapeshifting
>Tendrils
>Mind Control
>Scientist and Sidekick
>Menace, Nemesis, and Hunted because fuck everything
>Regeneration, Resistant, and Vigilante
This gonna be good.

You should throw all that stuff on imgur or something

HE'S FUCKING DEAD

DEAD
EAD
AD
D

I WON'T BELIEVE IT

If a writer attempted to he would use his venom sting on them and cause them to have stroke while it was still on the editors table

They're getting some of that sass back in Dogfucker's Green Lanterns.

Sandoval is absolutely perfect for a Venom series, as this issue proved.

But this issue's art is utter shit.

He couldn't even get Andi's punk/goth look right. What the fuck is she wearing in ? Looks like some obnoxious scifi spacesuit-esque getup.

Are these new characters, or obscure old ones?

I think they're just supposed to be generic thugs from Philly?

It's just the logical next step to "symbiotes aren't evil, the one that got Pete was a psycho". Dumb trees bear dumb fruits.
>I take things one day at a time
This may be the least alien thing an alien has said. Is it a pro athlete?
>I don't have any
Damnit writer.

This is lamer than the 90s Venom solo.

>this comic
Almost every time I give contemporary Marvel a chance it's the fucking worst.
>Superior Foes was 10 years ago

Unless you're into femdom (and having to probably create fake documents + dissapear without showing up to say goodbye), advance shapeshifting does the same and you can transform back in case you happen to need it.

Because you have shit taste
>DMC
confirmed

>scream
embarrassing