Never give up. 3rd times a charm

never give up. 3rd times a charm

DiDio is pure

PURE

DCYou wasn't too bad actually.

It gave us Omega Men.

Yeah sure, which is why he wanted to get rid of Wally West because he's not "iconic" enough.

I'm reading more DC books than I have since Didio came aboard and started crapping things up

I guess given enough time, ANYONE can figure out how to stop sucking

Johns was the architect of New52.

He would sell his own matter as long as HE is the one behind the writing pen, Fuck him.

DC You had the best philosophy. Guess we don't deserve greatness. Now we have to settle for the Geoff Johns continuity heavy universe.

>implying Didio and not Johns is behind Rebirth's success.

Seriously, motherfucker practically begged Johns to fix the mistakes he caused with the New 52.

They should have let Geoff run The New 52. Rebirth is everything the reboot should have been.

Hell, if they started with that solid of a base, maybe the more experimental titles of DCYou would have been more successful.

If only story trumping continuity somehow stopped Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League and so many other core titles from sucking ass in DCYou.

Considering when he said this he was full of shit, no. The vast majority of the best stories aren't canon.

can someone explain to me why someone would be excited about what rebirth did? it's still the new 52 universe but they are gaining memories from pre 52 correct? that means the characters everyone loves are still out there and we still have all the characters people hate. what's the point of that? is having memories back but not actually living that life really enough to win fans over? (besides wally and superman who actually did cross over into this universe)

Yes, absolutely it is.

I'd wager that and all the other changes in the New 52 came from WB execs.

The New 52 didn't work out in the end because it's only real purpose was to sell easily adapted versions of the DC characters. You had shitty origin stories lining up left and right because their writers wanted to put their stamp on the character. Like Bendis hopping on Guardians.

They're retconning out the shit people hate, and bringing back what they love.

Also New 52 is Post Crisis just with Dr. M fucking with it. Rebirth is about slowly turning 52 back into PC but with the stuff about 52 people liked still there.

Didio has done a lot of good, he kept All-Star Western going for as long as it did, gave us a short-lived OMAC revival and Forever People, pushed for Jaime Reyes' pre-New 52 series, and brought DeMatteis into lead writing duties for Phantom Stranger.

It's like a slow-burn Crisis that's reverting the damage the New 52's rebooted versions did while keeping the good stuff intact.

For instance, Barry's beginning to remember that he died saving the universe.

So you're going to blame him for the writers doing a bad job?

Doesn't that leave the actual post crisis characters out there in mystery then? Not all of them will get a chance to move into this universe like Superman and Wally did.

It's the Zero Hour of Post-Crisis. It's fixing the shit that needed to be fixed while keep what was good there.

More like it's what Zero Hero should have been.

well wally is the edgy to cool for school Flash for the edgy/meme generation

they did the right thing in replacing him with Barry who is a more mature and interesting character than Wally "lol I run super fast and so do my kids suck our dicks faggots" West

>remove Johns and move it to movies
>the comics suddendly get better

what a twist

>edgy/meme generation
>"Wally West is a fictional superhero that appears in American comic books published by DC Comics. He is the first Kid Flash and the third Flash. He made his first appearance as the Kid Flash in the Flash #110 in 1959."
>Edgy/Meme generation
>1959
>Being this stupid

>Johns was the architect of New52.

Y'know every time one of you says this, a long list of evidence to the contrary gets posted. Do you just live your whole life by disappearing into the wind without reading responses every time you shitpost?

>says the moron falling for obvious bait

Johns layed down a 2 year groundwork for Rebirth though. Isn't everyone at DC basically obeying Geoff Johns plan until he returns from movies?

>Barry
>interesting character
He has zero personality and the only thing he was ever good for was dying.
At least you would've had a point if you tried claiming Jay was better than Wally.

(you)

Never give up. Hustle, Loyalty, Respect. Big Match Johns.

I prefer Barry because he looks sexier wearing the Wally style outfits he's been given since New 52.

I doubt it considering it's actually good.
They just told him their ideas and he said "sure go on with it", obviously now faggots on Cred Forums will give him all the credit as usual

So you have shit taste is what you're saying.

And yet the New 52 and DCYou had more genuinely good books than Rebirth. Just goes to show that quality isn't as important as pandering.

Barry's like a boring Jonathan Joestar. We wouldn't have the rest of the series without him, but his death is a major part, and to bring him back to life is pretty cheap.

DIDIO IS [SPOILER]BASED[/SPOILER] SENPAI

>They should have let Geoff run The New 52.
He did.

It's just like 4 or 5 Johnsfags. Cred Forums got tired of Johns bullshit with Darkseid War and with the news of him as a Wonder Woman screenwriter.

Now now, there's plenty of blame to go around that we don't have to just put it all on just say Johns, Lee, or Didio.

Can't say no to that face.

Besides masturbating canon obsessed fans, Rebirth has a GOAT tier, all around incredibly solid line. If they did the whole continuity thing, but then went with Tony Daniels on Batman and Lobdell on Superman we wouldn't be getting this reception. That and following the little clues spread over different books about the eventual Crisis, is really, really fun and great for discussion.

It's the same universe, just tampered with, while guys like PC Supes and Wally were outside the time-continuum and so managed to escape the tampering, no one is being left out.

>and great for discussion.

I agree it's a good relaunch but the last part is completly false.

Yet then why are they using his ideas like Mr. Oz or the 3 Jokers? It's pretty clear they are following his guidelines on how to run the DCU after his promotion and exit from comics.

Except they didn't.

Do you really think he would have rendered the JSA non-canon if he was running the show? Or large chunks of his Brightest Day? Or fired all the writers he had picked for Firestorm/Hawkman? Or got rid of Wally and replaced him with Wally In Name Only?

How so? It keeps the buzz alive, we already had canon wanking on stuff like Convergence, but because they didn't pace it out people didn't care.

Sweet, looking forward to Connor Hawke's return anyday now...

>Do you really think he would have rendered the JSA non-canon if he was running the show?

Yes. He was told to do it, and he did it.

and his ideas are. to no surprise, the most shitty ones

>Manhattan is behind it!
>there are now 3 jokers because one wasn't enough!

Sounds like he's not the one actually running the show then.

Weirder things have happened, and Connor has been dead for all intents and purposed since The Widening Gyre's scribe took over GA.

There's nothing in the comics to talk about.

Manhattan was pure marketing, as always working for the suits. And the 3 Jokers idea? Snyder is a jackass that for some weird reason trust Johns, for fucks sake, Johns wanted him to push Lark

>How so? It keeps the buzz alive, we already had canon wanking on stuff like Convergence, but because they didn't pace it out people didn't care.

I'm talking about the "crisis" stuff we are getting, is not good for conversations since we havent had A SINGLE thread about that. I have no doubts Johns hasnt done anything aiming to that so far and that will tease stuff in interviews that we will never see in a comic. Rebirth titles are good on their own.

At least with DCYou, it actually got me interested in buying comics again.

Its called a mystery faggot.

>we want the marvel crowd

Most of the shit people like from DCyou isnt even gone, stop being a pot stirring faggot.

What Marvel crowd?

Nothing ever reminds me of the dangers of success more than when faggots on Cred Forums pretend that every one hates Johns.

No one is saying everyone hates johns, everyone hates Johnsfags tho. You and the other 3 guys are retards that refuse to accept Johns fucks up all the time and that he isnt a saint.

That is literally Quesadilla/Benis philoshopy and look how shitty they have turned Marlel

The beauty of Rebirth is that it managed to juggle DC's desire for diversity in tone and cast (though they've kind of backtracked on genre diversity) while still maintaining its roots and it's history and even managing it to give it a fresh coat of paint.

There's a lot of Cred Forums dudes trying to paint DC as sticking it to the kinds of people who were really into DCYou, and it's just not true. The strength of Rebirth comes almost exclusively from the positive and negative lessons that came out of DCYou.

So tell about DiDio Cred Forums
Is he the Bendis or Slott of DC like some people accuse of him

Little known fact but DC Bendis was actually Bob Haney.

But DC Bendis is Johns.

i dont think they've backtracked in genre diversity, they are just putting the different genres in different groups.

Like the hanna-barbera stuff ranges from post apocalyptic mystery to sitcom style social commentary, and now we have the launch of Young Animal for the weirder stuff.