Ghost rider

Let's talk the ghost rider films. Am I the only one who found the sequel hilarious as fuck? (I.e. I can't explain why I find gif related funny as hell)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=How many ghost rider movies are there?
youtube.com/watch?v=FrXKN9OB5Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=09EWchLSeH4
youtube.com/watch?v=9Qlrq9ETjzc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to mention that I'm liking robbie Reyes on agents of shield so far

>Sequel
There was more than one Cage Rider?

lmgtfy.com/?q=How many ghost rider movies are there?

Fun, but shit. Kinda like The Room, but with comics.

Kinda sad how he got fucked out of the MCU three times, then fucked out of a Netflix series and dumped on Shield. Shield could be good, but he deserves better.

The sequel is the better of the two movies, and has a lot more of a B-movie aesthetic, and better Rider scenes. Cage also hams it up a lot more.

"HES SCRATCHING AT THE DOOR"
It's still pretty shit, but not overall terrible.

This, I unironically enjoy it from time to time.

I think that some of the ideas (definitely chains, they were rad) and Cage himself would be easily salvageable for a bigger Marvel-headlined movie.

> He's scratching at the door. HE'S SCRATCHING AT THE SOOOOO
This whole movie had moments that.made me cry of laughter

The first Ghost Rider movie was mediocre at its best (and downright terrible at its worst), but I thought the sequel was a fun watch that unfortunately couldn't outrun the reputation of its predecessor.

I thought it was deliberately poking fun at itself, and the director found a way to use Nic Cage's innate hamminess as an actor to serve that end. It's a sufficiently entertaining, competently put together movie and that's all I ask for when it comes to the genre. (It's an indictment of the current state of superhero moviemaking that a lot of the recent films can't even clear such a low bar.)

Heck, I enjoyed the second Ghost Rider movie more than I have most of the recent MCU offerings (which I find to be dreadfully tedious exercises in film franchise building).

The first Ghost Rider is just plain shit. The only watchable part of it is Carter Slade's last ride.

Spirit of Vengeance is charmingly shit. I enjoy it in a "cheesy low-budget B-movie" kind of way. A lot of the charm comes from how hilariously ridiculous absolutely every second is.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance isn't a good movie from a screenwriting perspective, but it's a lot of fun. I really dug the Ghost Rider's depiction in the movie both in terms of design (The charred leathers and skull was inspired) and his backstory I would go as far as to say was even better than the one from the comics. Not to mention, as others said here, Nic Cage's batshit performance also added to the movie.

I'm hoping that they don't ditch the classic Ghost Rider in the MCU. Robbie Reyes is cool and all but the classic Ghost Rider deserves at least a second chance. Hell, we still haven't gotten a decent portrayal of Danny Ketch yet. Plus, it doesn't seem right for GR to be driving around in a car.

>"REALLY?! That is just SO! FUCKING! FASCINATING!"

The A E S T H E T I C S of Ghost Rider in SoV were actually perfect.

The chains, fire, smoke, charred leather and bone were all gritty and brutal as hell.

Really? I love how Riders ride so many different things.

I'd love an ongoing about Big Rig or the Tank team. The one who rode a steam engine that made its own fiery track seemed overpowered as fuck.

I wanna see what will happen if he rides pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=FrXKN9OB5Lo
Jesus

> title of video: "Oscar worthy acting"
Jesus christ you're trying to kill me of laughter user

They should really just make Danny or Johnny blue flamed.
Right now they're too aesthetically similar for most casuals

I've come to the conclusion that the Ghost Rider movies are actually amazing but only if you watch the actual Ghost Rider parts and nothing else.

This. The movie makes perfect use if Cage and has fun with the idea. All the other Ghost Rider vehicles were cool too

I'd want to see him ride this but I'd probably have a seizure or something

I want Robbie to shave his show stache, it looks like shit and he looks way younger without it

> marvel Will never publish a mad max crossover where he rides through Australia dishing out vengeance
Just fucking kill me

Strangely enough, the first Ghost Rider movie made Ghost Rider my favorite superhero.
Let me explain...

Back when I was a boy, before I was big into comics and shit like I am now, I saw the trailer for Ghost Rider and thought it looked cool as fuck. I mean how could it not to a boy my age at the time? A big flaming skull on a big flaming motorcycle swinging around a big flaming chain, that just oozes cool!
But even at my young age I could tell that movie was crap when I saw it.
Weeks later my older sister's boyfriend (Who was the big comic guy) told me about how the movie was based the comic character and I remember thinking, "There's no way the comics could be as bad as the movie was!"
So he lent me some Ghost Rider stuff to read and I quickly learned that he WAS as cool as I wanted him to be!
So in a way, thanks shitty Ghost Rider movies, you gave me my favorite Marvel Superhero and opened the floodgates for all my comic book shit I'm into.

What was he doing during Old Man Logan?

>Marvel Heroes hypes up a Robbie Rider event
>finally happens
>its the show design
Fuck
I hope when they eventually do his figure they get it right

not the gigahorse?!
jesus man

Probably dead for no reason.

Dead, presumably. There was a Ghost Rider biker gang, maybe the Spirit of Vengeance got split up.

Even in the movie characters think the War Rig is cooler than the Giga-Horse user.
Nux says he going to ask to drive the War-Rig when he returns the Brides, not the Giga-Horse.

Nobody but the Immortan drives the Giga-Horse.
It's like asking to live in the White House. Only the boss is allowed there.

This I presume.
youtube.com/watch?v=09EWchLSeH4

He did have one for a while, though for whatever reason it didn't stick. It makes sequences where both Johnny and Danny are Riders at the same time kind of confusing.

To be fair, even if I did do about the most impressive thing expected of me, I probably wouldn't ask to drive my god-king's chariot in case I overstepped.

Fair point.
Personally I think Joe's Monster Truck is a bit cooler.
If only because he gets sick air in it.

Final Fantasy has a good track record with trains.

Of course that picture exists.

>Strongest attack is called bum rush

You mean the Bigfoot? That's Rictus's car.

We need this crossover more than any before it.

I was just wondering, too.

Yeah, that things pretty cool.
I wasn't sure if Rictus had his own car, since he seems to be his Father's lancer most of the time.

Rictus is barely functional. Why would they put him behind the wheel of a car? The entire premise of Fury Road was built on Rictus being too retarded to take over for Joe, Corpus being too weak and the other one that isn't in the movie being fucking crazy.

Rictus didn't drive, he stood on the roof and shot at things.

Poor Corpus, he's too good for the world they're stuck in.
And yeah, Scabrous is a fucking lunatic. Getting a chainsaw stuck in his head didn't really improve his temperament.

>and the other one that isn't in the movie being fucking crazy.

To be fair, if the comics are as canon as I have been lead to believe Corpus basically stays on as an advisor long after Fury Road.

It would make sense. He's not much of a threat, he's incredibly intelligent and he knows how to run the Citadel.

Apparently he ends up convincing The Dag's daughter to follow in Joe's footsteps as far as water hoarding is concerned, so they might shoulda rethought it.

>Implying Joe wasn't right
It was just a reservoir, they didn't have unlimited water.

Joe's arrogance was his undoing, not his principles. He was right to ration the water and he was right to try and find a replacement that would actually be able to do the job at hand.

Apparently they're actually sitting on an aquifer with enough water in it to fill *billions* of olympic-size pools.

So unless they left it on 24/7 they could honestly last a long long time

They did leave it on 24/7 and the comics end when Joe's daughter is an adult.

Nah, it was off when Corpus convinced the Dag's kid to start controlling it, and his reasoning was "we give a drink to everyone, it makes us look weak" rather than "it's gonna run out".

To be fair, he is right about that as well. The wasteland is literally filled with roving death squads.

>comics
Which comics are you referring to?
The only MM comics I read were the Nux/Joe/Furiosa/Max ones.

Is final fantasy a game worth getting into? Not even my stepdad could, he claimed the lore is insane. Thanks to reading nintendo power all I know is 8 I think

The Ghost Rider tie-in videogame was surprisingly not shit.

Final Fantasy is one of the most popular JRPG titles of all time, if you like the genre, you'll like them.
All of the games are stand alone stories, so I don't think lore is the best word to describe them. They usually do have super convoluted plots, but that's standard for JRPGs.
Pick any game between 4-10 and just try it out.

this Spirits of Vengeance is one of those "so bad it's good" movies just because its so over-the-top. Plus the mining pit scene and the twinkie scene are both perfect in such different ways

Hes scraping at the do-- how... I've never seen these films

Who allowed this? Who OKAY'D this? What in the living fuck, this is the greatest shit I've ever seen

HES SCRAPING AT THE DOOOOOOORR

Somebody who read a comic

This is comic levels of stupid fun

Some of the remakes of 1-3 are worth it but by today's standards the NES versions are masochism.

The people who made Crank made this. They tend to make there movies funny with schlock.

It's in the epilogue of the Max issues.

It was pure gold when he rode the mining rig
youtube.com/watch?v=9Qlrq9ETjzc

I liked Spirit of Vengeance.
I think I'm in the minority for that though, but I don't think you'd call it a cult following

So... Gonna go rent this now. Need to see it.

It's intentionally funny and weird. It was made by the Crank guys. They knew what they were doing.

Blaine is a pain.

It was pretty bad but I liked how GR looked in the film. If they could make a Netflix series with that look I'd be all for it.

All the Ghost Rider scenes in that film were solid gold.

>that lingering on Nic Cage's CUHRAYZEE FACE
>Cage wigging the fuck out
>here eat this phone
>SCRAPING AT THE DOOOOOOOAAAAH
>"good girl"

I have a weird relationship with this movie.

Am I weird for wanting insane scenes in that style in agents of shield?

Dubs confirm you are. Seek professional help, user.

The spirit of kek has spoken it seems

same as other powerhouses (save Black Bolt) - inexplicably dead

>I would paint my face with black and white make up to look like a Afro-Caribbean icon called Baron Samedi, or an Afro-New Orleans icon who is also called Baron Saturday. He is a spirit of death but he loves children; he's very lustful, so he's a conflict in forces. And I would put black contact lenses in my eyes so that you could see no white and no pupil, so I would look more like a skull or a white shark on attack. I would walk on the set looking like this, loaded with all these magical trinkets, and I wouldn't say a word to my co-stars or crew or directors. I saw the fear in their eyes, and it was like oxygen to a forest fire. I believed I was the Ghost Rider.

>"I would gather things together to wear in my wardrobe, like a bit of Egyptian artefacts from a pyramid," he said.

>"And I would sew them in, or get some rocks together that had a frequency in the new age community."

>"I saw the fear in the other actor's eyes and that only inspired me more to believe I was this spirit from another dimension."

Dude fucking transformed a bagger288
Buff said

Nic Cage is amazing.

For a while here I thought that you were going to post a story from a very old blog, that is sadly gone now. I think it was called 7th level.

It had a few writers making blogs, and one of them was a story about some kids childhood, and how he basically made a bully stop because of Ghost Rider.

There was another great blog there too, about Optimus Prime.

Shit, why didn't we see him? What was he up to?

You know he learned to act by watching his pet octopus?

No. I don't know how either, but he fucking did.