Is it true that if it wasn't for Slott...

Is it true that if it wasn't for Slott, Bendis would had killed and mutilated Peter's corpse so that Miles can take his place?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/01/10/civil-war-ii-its-iron-man-vs-captain-marvel-and-a-major-marvel-hero-will-die/
nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep, Peter was supposed to be killed in Hulk's place during Civil War 2, but Slott put his foot down and told Bendis that he's not getting his way. Bendis is pissed because he knows Slott as the lead writer for spider-man has the final say in what happens to Spider Characters, including Miles.

I think the truth is that Bendis originally wanted Peter to be in Cap's place in Civil War II. He probably wanted to make it a haunting prediction that would cast Miles' succession as Spider-man in sinister light, and add more drama to his story.

He probably settled for Steve because editorial told him to, and he just happened to like the developing plotline.

Bendis has been pretty kill happy with Civil War 2. mostly because he's a hack fraud but yeah. Killing peter to have Miles take over would his MO I mean look at what happened to Ultimate Peter.

where are your sources for this? I just don't want to believe Bendis is that terrible than he already is

Source: his ass.

It was in the press release on the discussion about the event.

While Robinson said the crap about cyber bullying suicide, they mention that Peter's name comes up and Dan smiles and says that this is not his first rodeo.

>I just don't want to believe Bendis is that terrible than he already is
It makes total sense for Bendis to want to pull some kind of bullshit like that.

Fuck off retard.

Well do pull out that source anytime now then, dear.

I never have read about Captain Marvel either, but because of Civil War 2, it makes me think she is just a terrible murdering bitch. Is this Bendis fault? Or is she really like this?

Here you go fucker
bleedingcool.com/2016/01/10/civil-war-ii-its-iron-man-vs-captain-marvel-and-a-major-marvel-hero-will-die/

>bleedingcool

i want dark beast back.

this is bullshit.

I pulled the first link that came up, now fuck off.

He killed Peter in his universe why not in this one?

I dont know much about the character but my understanding is ruining her was a team effort by editorial trying to make her marvels wonder women.

From what I hear around the comic vine, she was a terrible character to begin with, no one liked her just like jessica, because no one knew how to write her, so I assume they said fuck it go for broke.

Why is this shocking to anyone?

Not wanting to lose his job does not make Slott some kind of Spider-Savior or something.

Of fucking COURSE he wouldn't want Bendis to kill his main financial source.

she is a terrible murdering bitch. the happiest period of her life was during the skrull invasion where she could drop all pretenses and just slaughter all her enemies without fretting about her reputation or public standing.

her, frank castle, and norman osborne had the time of their lives during the invasion. the punisher and the green goblin. those are the two characters she is on the closest wavelength to.

I thought people liked her for the sole purpose of her being enlesbians with Jessica. Pretty crappy reason to like anyone, but there it is.

>The Punisher and the Green goblin. those are the two characters she is on the closest wavelength to
And it's because of that very reason why she is becoming one of my favorite characters. Every time she goes out in the field she has to actively fight against her base nature. She wants to go all the way with her enemies and not hold back. She wants to ensure Justice always sees the light of day in spite of overwhelming odds. The second she had access to a precog in the form of Ulysses, she immediatley thought to uses his abilities to begin saving lies. Admittedly, she needs to accept that trying to intervene in future events is fucking terrible but her heart's in the semi-right space. But she also realizes that she actively has the power to achieve all of these goals in most occasions which means the only thing stopping her is her. Due to this extreme level self-loathing and exercise in self-restrain, she turned to alcohol as a means of self-medicating and continued to go out in the field knowing that it was destroying her. THAT is the character I want to see in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie, but let's face it they're probably going to fuck it up.

If Bendis truly thought that would be a good idea than I have offically lost all hope for that fat bastard. The man is capable of creaing some truly fantastic moments with exceptional dialog (Ultimate Spider-Man; Powers), but he has just been dragging his ass for the longest time. I legitimately don't know what he has planned for Marvel and wish he would just pick a title, pick a theme, and fucking stick with it.

I say give him a Dark Avengers title with Osborn trying to subtly usurp the current Avengers one successful mission at a time while having to manage the personalities of all of the psychos under his control. I vote we include Doc Samson, Osborn, Moonstone, and Zemo for support/teaching. Operatives include Quilted Justice (Shocker), Mach X (Beetle), True Patrio (US Agent), and The Goddess (Titiana).

I haven't been following Minority Report, what was Miles supposed to do that turned Captain Tranny on him?

He is allegedly going to kill Steve Rogers. According to Ulysses' vision.

He's a murderer.

It was probably Cap's place considering

A) Peter doesn't go crazy and kill his friends when angry so it couldn't have been Hulk

B) War Machine was only killed because of the movie, so it wouldn't be War Machine.

C) Bendis is shit at pottery so he probably would do some shit like Miles killing his mentor. So Peter was probably going to be offed instead of Cap.

>War Machine was only killed because of the movie

Except for the whole part where he wasn't killed in a movie.

Here you go fampais. nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

He wrote the script before the movie came out. He thought he was going to die because of the trailer.

Watch, Civil War II is just Bendis throwing a fit over having the Marvel Studios Creative Committee get fired.

>“It’s a black magic alchemy of putting the right people in the room,” says Quesada. “Those of us who work here are creative trust fund babies, because we have inherited an incredible chest full of toys that we get to play with. It does end up being like a bunch of kids in a room throwing s--- against the wall.”
That last sentence is the only true statement from Marvel in years.

>Peter doesn't go crazy and kill his friends when angry
maybe not, but there's futures where he goes off the rocker and kills his enemies while angry. could have had either him legit coming to see the avengers as hated enemies for something they did, or was just a victim of mind control/illusion. if he thought he was fighting people who had just murdered aunt may he would murder most of them. bendis probably wouldn't even realize that was OML's origin story.

or another option is he was meant to be the one taken out by friendly fire rather than Shulk.

Her son rape her and have problem with alcohol

I forgot why I was looking for this page, but I'm posting it anyway

If it's True that Slott saved Peter Parker i'm torn on how to feel, i feel sick that Bendis would try that shit AGAIN. And i feel irritated knowing that Slott is saving the character but still ruining the character at the same time. How many times has Bendis tried to kill Parker at this point?

What's this bad-assery from?

If I remember right, it's from an issue wherein Spidey goes hurtling through time with Doctor Strange
For his birthday or something
It's been a while, sorry

Bullshit. Marvel wouldn't let that happen no matter how hard Bendyman whined, even without Slott

> “I don’t think you’d want a Marvel Super hero committing suicide,” he interjects.
That shit make me think in Anole

Why didn't they just keep the Ultimate title line going and just have Miles be the Spider Man of that series instead?

What is the point of bringing him over to 616 and trying to force him into being Spider Man there?

Trying to boost his readership I'd imagine
Of course, now Miles has no history, no origin, nothing about him makes a lick of sense

Taking away his setting and history makes him a bit more of a pointless fan insert.

>Trying to boost his readership I'd imagine

This. Miles was pretty close to cancellation numbers. The only reason the book wasn't canned was because of Bendis being Bendis.

For all the people who had claimed to be Miles fans, they only were in the most superfluous way possible. "There is a black Spider-Man!? BEST CHARACTER EVER!" despite not having read a single actual comic with the character in it.

it's amazing how comics are written now for the random comments on reddit and tumblr and not for any actual reading.

I guess that plan worked in the case of Captain America recently..

>I guess that plan worked in the case of Captain America recently.
The plan only works in short bursts. Last month, fucking Aquaman outsold Captain America. The outrage method of attention grabbing has to happen often in order for a publisher/creator to keep a steady stream of attention. Which is why Marvel is so horrible now.

>Carol will never be this hot again
>movie Carol will be a turbo dyke

fuck everything

>movie Carol will be a turbo dyke
We should be so lucky.

I'm all for yuri but not tumblr tier yuri like this. Kill yourself.

It's just conjecture based on vague words from an interviewer who atended Civil War II brainstorming session. Nothing more. Feelings of anger and hatred towards Bendis are filling the blanks for most of the anons of this board.

>Bendis apologists
Everytime.

Bendis wants a character that can sell well for the next 30 years. A character he created. Something that will sell toys, shirts, scripts, etc.

Problem is: he forgot/didn't care to establish the character. He was hoping the Spider brand would sell his character. Didn't work. Hell, Spider-Gwen was a hotter hit than Miles because the costume was badass and didn't require killing off an established character.

Have you noticed that all of Bendis' recent OCs are born from death and destruction?

Riri, Hala, Miles, Bombshell, Yat, each one of their origins involve someone or something getting destroyed.

That's a little harsh, who do you think you are

wait what.