Why does no one complain about Aunt May being inaccurate to the comic?

Why does no one complain about Aunt May being inaccurate to the comic?

Because Marisa Tomei is hot.

At least it wasn't the Amazing Spider-Man Aunt May

People did complain. And she was only in the movie for 5 minutes so who cares.

because a 9,000 year old woman that could be killed by a gentle breeze is dumb.

She's Spidey's aunt not his great great great great great Grandmother

/thread

Spectacular May wasn't exactly accurate either.

i wouldn't hit that, still accurate

How old were Peter's parents? Was his mom 90 when she had him?

Pretty much this

Although it did weird me out at first remembering that she played a stipper with pierced tits in The Wrestler, but compared to MOST of the women marvel hires, I at least know she can act...

because pnly racists complain about a character not being accurate to the comic, and that complaint is just a way to hide the fact that hey don't like a character being of a certain race.

Because she's white.

Because Rosemary Harris was such perfect casting for traditional Aunt May that trying to copy that again is pointless, you may as well go in a different direction and do your own thing instead of living up to casting that you'll never be able to beat.

I'll be interested to see what they do with Jameson, because they're going to have that same issue all over again.

>but compared to MOST of the women marvel hires

???

Scarjo
Olson sister
Natalie Portman
Gwyneth Paltrow
Skye
Liv "Whispers" Tyler
Saldana

Honestly Atwell and Ritter are the only ones that haven't made me want to blow my brains out.

Most of them are good actresses, user. Even Portman is a good actress when given the right material, her looking like she wanted to kill herself in Thor 2 was because of behind-the-scenes issues.

Because if they tried to hire an accurately old woman in the comic, she might kick the bucket in the next installment...

Because muh dick is better then fucking nightmarish old ladys

Looks totally accurate to me.

I'm not surprised Aunt May looks so good. After all, her parents are Judge Dredd and Princess Aura.

This here.
Remember the threads where some said she is too hot. And some were really confused because its aunt may but hot.

fpbp

Because Cred Forums is a bunch of faggots who can't into gerontophilia.

Because she is still white. It's only race that triggers people

Because milf fags.

This. I never understood why his "aunt' and "uncle" were geriatric. Did they ever address this in the comics? I'm not much of a Spidey fan.

Nobody cares about comic asccuracy except for people who hate superhero movies. Why would anyone complain?

/thread

What's the difference between 616 and Ultimate Aunt May besides age? Like, personality-wise. Tomei seemed like a younger 616 Aunt May

Well obviously Ultimate May is younger, and she's the same age as Tomei, just with white hair so she doesn't look too different from 616, but they never addressed how a couple in their 50s have white hair.

And she knows that Peter is Spiderman, that's basically the sum difference, plus she's healthy.

Also she's incredibly hot

>never addressed how a couple in their fifties have white hair
its called genetics user
my grandad had a full head of grey hair when he was in his fifties
shit happens

Because you fuckers have extremely selective memories.

>This movie is ROTTEN on Rotten Tomatoes
This was a brilliant throwback to the screwball comedies of the 50s with top notch dialogue. I don't understand why people hate it so much.

>"Expeditiously"
>"I'll take his money, but it doesn't mean I have to like it."
>"I took 50,000 dollars from your account."
>"So... you KNOW... that you and I..."]
>"Maybe it was a miracle. Like the wine and the fishes!"
>That. Fucking. Bag.
>"I'M OSCAR."

If any of you haven't watched this movie, give it a go. Underrated.

why has no one ever questioned why his aunt, who should be around the same age as his parents, is old enough to be his fucking great grandmother?

Because despite her looks, Tomei is like in her late 50s

>Why does no one complain about Aunt May being inaccurate to the comic?

Because it's an improvement over the source material.

>Tomei is like in her late 50s

>Born: December 4, 1964

She's 51, user.

>the "post about something months after it was relevant, wondering why nobody is talking about it" meme

It's not us. It's you. Are you living under a rock?

You weren't here when this was first announced, we're you?

>Tomei is 51
>Peter is meant to be a teenager

A 35-year age difference between a kid and his aunt? THAT'S JUST SILLY!

They'll leave this alone yet they'll bitch about Flash.

Everyone get a female counterpart that is hot. Old lady replace by some younger MILF. Marvel want people to fap to their characters.

Because it will inspire the next animated Spider-Man series to feature an insanely cute cartoon version of Aunt Tomei?

>was because of behind-the-scenes issues.
One would thought her dialogues were enough for that.

What's the point? They've already browned out half the cast-- inaccurate Aunt May is the least of the new Spider-Man movie's problems.

No point in bitching about something I'm not going to spend money on anyway.

I do.

Because I want to put my dick in her asshole

Because back when Stan Lee created the characters in the 60s, thanks to poor nutrition and the Great Depression, if you made it to your 50s you pretty much looked like you were in your 80s.

People have aged better within the last 30 or 40 years thanks to better nutrition and not doing shit like chain smoking or hard drinking (for the most part) as was the norm back then.

You could it is a big Trouble

Because comic accuracy doesn't matter if the movie is good.

She's the same race. People only get upset if they change someone's race.

I love Oscar. It's a fantastic farce and it proves once and for all that Sly was always wasted on dramatic roles.

Because she's not black.

i did, Aunt May being a hot milf completely ruins the character

fuck your boners and fuck Ultimate-verse

people call their great-aunts and uncles, simply aunt and uncle

they arent his parents siblings

She's also a good actress, so there's that too..

When civil war came out there were huge threads of people talking about it, mostly either complaining or saying 'muh dick'. Since then we've seen the rest of the casting decisions and this one has been overshadowed by how bafflingly bad the others are.

I complained that she didn't cut her hair short and dye it gray. I understand why but understanding doesn't sate my boners disappointment

But that's wrong. Ben was his father's elder brother by a decent gap. A very decent one.

She's never been a particularly appealing character in any sense. Most of her appearances involve her being old and ill, or being too out of touch with the modern world to understand what's going on.

>People did complain.

Fucking nerds. I swear to Christ. A teen's aunt shouldn't look like the god damned crypt keeper. The shit you guys get mad about.

>I'll be interested to see what they do with Jameson, because they're going to have that same issue all over again.
I wonder if they can never get Simmons back, will they'll just never use Jameson again no matter how many more times Spider-man get's rebooted?

why not? there are people with parents who are ancient why not their siblings?

Shes his great aunt tho. Some oldness is required to a point.

But its honestly so she can stick around for sequels so they wont have a dead grandma on their hands. I mean have you looked at Ruffalo lately. Dude looks old as shit.

>THAT'S JUST SILLY!

It really is pushing it a little. A regular ass grandmother of a 15 year old can be 55. That's simply 20+20+15.

>completely ruins the character

The character of being someone older than fuck who was nice to her nephew. Aunt May isn't a character, she's a grandma. Period. She literally has nothing else going for her.

>Shes his great aunt tho.

Except that she isn't.

Grandmas can't be characters?

Im pretty sure she was orginally his great aunt may but i lm neutral to Spiderman so i dont give a crap about his origins

>Im pretty sure she was orginally his great aunt may

Except that she wasn't. Dude. Look it up.

Grandma *is* her character. Name something she is other than old; likes Peter.

>Im pretty sure she was orginally his great aunt

Nope. She's his mother's sister.

>Because back when Stan Lee created the characters in the 60s, thanks to poor nutrition and the Great Depression, if you made it to your 50s you pretty much looked like you were in your 80s.

The hilarious part being that these days Stan looks like he's in his 70s and is nearly 100.

She's fucking JJJ Sr.
I think, I don't keep up.
I think she's just his father's sister in law....depending on the canon.

Despite having no blood relation to him, she became a mother to him.

...Save all the time she was an cantankerous bitch to Spider-Man and no doubt hurt Peter a lot by that, which people like to conveniently forget about. Her best moments were during the JMS run.

She is not. May Reilly, Mary Fitzpatrick.

Well, how old is May? Because she's his mom.

>She is not. May Reilly, Mary Fitzpatrick.

Peter's dad was Ben's brother.

>Despite having no blood relation to him, she became a mother to him.

So she's a step-grandma. Revolutionary.

We were too stunned by how awesome the peter parker actor was in potraying peter parker to give a shit about Aunt May not even having grey hair. or how shitty the rest of the movie was.

Yes, yes he was.

What's heartwarming is that it doesn't take blood to make you family, and their relationship proves that. She's not his mom, grandmother, or blood-related aunt, but she still considers him her own child, and that's nice.

Even if your aunt is like 60 and your mother or father would have only been like 40 it's kind of strange to have a woman who looks 80 playing a 60 year old in this day and age

People who are 60 don't look quite that old nowadays

>She's not his mom, grandmother, or blood-related aunt

Marriage is joining a family. She married the boy's Uncle. She didn't take in a street urchin. lol

There's nothing revolutionary about this and you're as much as admitting that it's all she is: the boy's aunt who happens to look like his great-great-grandma.

She's related by marriage though

In ancient Rome you didn't even need to raise someone or marry them or whatever to be considered family, you could just name your best friend as your adopted son or whatever in your will like Caesar did for Brutus

I love how the best thing these dudes have for Aunt May "characterization" is that she didn't throw out her Husband's nephew the second he died.

God damn.

A lot of grandparents, even the ones in best health, are somewhat addled due to their advanced age

We have.

Because the MCU is shit so I don't care. I'll just go back and read the Ditko shit and get more enjoyment out of it than going to this shit movie.

I suppose I just see it in a different way. I was raised in a family where blood was toted above all else, even when your 'blood' didn't give a damn about you, so I find the close bonds of non-blood related people just as meaningful than bonds of blood-related family, so it means more to me.

Doesn't change the fact that May is entirely exhausted in purpose as a character, ofc.

My grandfather was 60 when I was born, my grandmother 58

Has a crush on Doc Ock

>he was raised in a medieval fantasy world

Wew

Only on my mother's side. I guess this would count as transference.

Sally Field was just underused

>My grandfather was 60 when I was born, my grandmother 58

Did you think I was putting a hard line on grandmother age? Cause I've seen Maury Povitch and that number can be so much fucking lower.

>really 51

Dohoho

Or a Mafia flick.
Tom should've been the god father
I just wonder what the point was getting a younger May then having her act more like a feeble old woman than the actual feeble old woman ever did

Looking at the potential lower end, MT could play Peter's Great-great-great aunt.

>It really is pushing it a little
What? No it isn't. 36 is a perfectly normal age to have a child, let alone serve as the aunt for a younger family member's newborn son.
Your family is probably different, but not every woman shits out a kid the moment they hit 20.

Because she's still white, the moment she gets black washed we're gonna have an uproar.

>Ultimate May
>incredibly hot
What are you smoking and where can I get it?

I know you were probably talking about Tomei but the way the post you responded to was worded makes it seem otherwise.

What? I have a 30 year difference with my parents, and they have older siblings.

I thought Ultimate May was kinda hot

Nah

Old face, good physical shape, lots of wrinkles but still good looking? I'll have me some of that.

god, USM was so good
>hot aunt may who knew pete was spidey
>broing it up with bobby and johnny storm
>dating kitty
>sexy clone spider-girl
>peter's death scene

So did Tony bang her yet?

Same. Her and Lin-Beifong are my favorite mature ladies in fiction.

SSM Aunt May is still hottest Aunt May.

Mallory archer does things to my penis. Would fuck her VA in a heartbeat.

I think it is that Uncle Ben was like 20 years older than his younger brother. I've got a friend who is the youngest of a bunch of kids, and his oldest brother is in his mid 40s while he is turning 30 this year. So Ben was just a lot older than Richard, and his wife was more in his age group.

>6, but they never addressed how a couple in their 50s have white hair.
I know a woman who went from sandy blonde to old lady silver in her mid thirties. Some people just go white or bald or whatever other superficial sign of aging you can think of early.

Because Cred Forums will eat up anything as long as the replacement is hot or interesting. Hence why Kamala gets a lot of love and Miles gets a lot of hate on here.

The whole cast is unnacurate.

I am just not watching this shit.

SSM is just the best adaptation, period. Everyone here knows this.

Also Miles is really boring and Kamala didn't have anyone die for her to exist, except Carol's sex appeal but that could be held against others.

People also never mention Mary Jane wasn't in highschool with Peter.

Or Gwen Stacy
Unless it's Ultimate

>ruins the character by giving them more range and potential

Yeah okay...

One of best things about Ultimate Aunt May was revamping her from a classical granny who gets sick at the slightest breeze to a more modern and strong-sprinted woman.

You can see why Marvel Studios and Sony decided to go with Ultimate Aunt May and not classic.

Would explain the autism.

Here's your (you), you braindead spergs.

>36 is a perfectly normal age to have a child

If you're trying to have a retard. Older women are far more likely to shit out a mongoloid.

>Yeah okay...

Wut? Age is age, not range or potential.

Aunt =/= Grandma

Aunts don't have to be in their 70s.

Because I want auntie May to sit on my face.

I would kill Uncle Ben, just to tap that Aunt May ass.

New Spiderman origin story.

Are you actually gonna refute any of that?

"Refute any of that"
It's not an argument, really and there's only one point. I've seen people complain about it. There.

Because it's not as glaringly egregious as, say, the Not-Flash-Thompson they're calling Flash Thompson.

Why would anyone take the time to reply to some samefag's bait?
Aging someone down isn't the same as changing a character's entire race, but let's face it, everyone already knows that.
You're just trying to stir up shit. Stop race-baiting.

aunt may gets younger in every new spiderman reboot.

dammit i know both peter parker and his actor are very young but i didn't expected aunt may to be played by a younger actress too.

They DID. You missed it.

How? An 81 year old and a 31 year old are way more different than a black kid and a white kid raised under the same circumstances.

It never made sense for her to look that old to begin with. Why would someone around the age of a sibling of his parents be his grandparents' age? Even if you factor in an age gap it doesn't add up.

>this is what Cred Forums actually believes
Wow, this place really is Cred Forumsmblr.

Crypt Keeper May sucks shit and makes no sense at all in the first place, it's a bad anachronism that should have been fixed long before now

Go watch The Last Airbender if you think changing a person's race has no bearing on the character. It's dumb, pandering, and insulting, but, still, I admit it is "brave".
Age doesn't change much at all, unless we're talking wrinkle count or something. Besides, old Aunt May has been done to death at this point. It's getting old.

Old Aunt May is total shit, that's why no one other than literal fags and autists complained about it. And aunt may has been getting younger with every new iteration for the last 15 years. Same can't be said with MJ, Flash, and 90% of Spider-man's original cast becoming a minority for no reason.

>You're just trying to stir up shit. Stop race-baiting.
Wasn't even the same person, but thanks for the answer.

Oh okay, sorry

Not everyone ages the same and the Ultimate Universe was started in like 2000. Back then 50 was today's 60. Now, 50 is the new 40.

Did you miss the spergouts about the major being white in the GiTS movie

Be more of a faggot

Did you accidentally post before finishing your sentence or what?

whats good oct

People did complain, back in like, April.

my mom's that age and she's easily that hot.

but everyone's white in anime

post pics

I also confirm without a shred of irony that Oscar is a fucking great comedy.

Can confirm.

why would you say that you madman?

post pics of her holding you. not as a baby but recent.

thanks.

Making a character more fappable is an improvement. Changing their race is just SJW "muh diversity" pandering.

Her age is appropriate because spider man is like 38 in the comics

Not really, even with sliding timescale Pete's still in his late 20s/early 30s.

Officially he's 28-29, and that still doesn't justify Aunt May being old enough to be a shambling husk.

When I was that age my grandparents looked younger than 616 May is portrayed