Did...did Archie just made a joke of the Penders past crap..?

Did...did Archie just made a joke of the Penders past crap..?

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/archie|sort:relevance/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/zLDI-iHRsak/x9pE6q54RS0J
groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/_QnS6Xqsr70/bBucDGsDsKoJ
youtube.com/watch?v=I6ak3ebBep0
pc0.neooglecavern.com/Lara-Underground-Boom.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=0sbUdMNIG20
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/YG5n599Tz6k/e5g1Pc5cTn4J
youtube.com/watch?v=GM8h2Xyis9M
youtube.com/watch?v=iB6UqCUGqro
youtube.com/watch?v=zzGYztkYB70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it's just making fun of evil counterparts of characters in general, like "dark link" or evil ryu.

I'd say it's safe to say, all things considered.

>OP doesn't have an evil dark doppelganger who is obsessed with defeating you
Step it up, you're not a very convincing main character

My evil dark doppelganger just spends most of his time playing videogames.

Fucker keeps beating me at PvP too.

No, it's just "evil counterpart" jokes.

It's fairly obviously a jab at Shadow. The fucking title is "I found you, faker!"

Well considering "Evil Chip" has a black leather jacket and light blue eyes like a certain other hedgehog we know, I'd say it's a direct jab

I read faker as fucker desu

Evil Sonic didn't come up with "leather jackets are bad" user.

It's fairly obviously a jab at Team Rocket. The fucking title is "Prepare for Trouble!"

>Von Karma + Pyron = Dracula
What

While we're sort of on the topic could someone fill me in on what happened with Penders and why we should hate him?

he doesn't play ball with the big boy publishers and hurts their feelings, so we have to hate him like alan moore

Ah, fair enough, isn't he trying to make a Lara-Su fanfic comic now?

I'd say it's a little bit of all these. It's the evil doppelganger cliche, but he's obviously meant to look like Scourge. Even his jacket's sleeves are torn up.

They probably would have taken the joke further, but they don't want to rile up autist penders.

He thinks he should own Knuckles.

>BREAKING: Ken Penders to Sue Archie Comics Again - "Torn Jacket Sleeves Are My IP"

Don't listen to this dipshit What happened was that Penders wrote Sonic comics for years, writing mostly terrible stories, and by the end of his time on the book, he had amassed a large number of OCs. Some decent, some extremely Deviantart tier cringey.

Somehow Archie lost the legal paperwork which would keep these characters as Archie/Sega properties. So when Penders left, he sued Archie for rights to those characters. He was a huge faggot about it. In the end, Archie had to reboot the entire Sonic universe in order to replace the lost characters.

Now Penders is trying to use lookalikes of the characters he took for that Lara su shit. It's sad and pathetic.

I AM THE DARK AVATAR

..God damn, I was thinking of re reading the sonic comics, should I just go straight to the rebooted stuff?

Honestly I'm glad Penders threw an autistic fit and ordered for all of his OCs to be removed from the comics. I know there were some fan favorites but most of them were shit and kept stealing focus from the other characters.

Despite all the crap Penders did to the lore, I'd say the reboot is more enjoyable overall. Nothing cringey like pic related. The reboot also has solid art and characterization.

>Now Penders is trying to use lookalikes of the characters he took for that Lara su shit. It's sad and pathetic
Has this actually gotten anywhere? I've been hearing about it for over two years

It's never going to get released. No publisher will want to touch it after seeing that horrendous artwork and after finding out about the shit with the lawsuits. I don't think he's actually completed more than a few pages during all this time either and even then, those pages are mostly crappy photoshop cut and paste jobs.

This guy wasted a fuckton of money on something that destroyed his reputation and he's never going to make that money back on it. He should've either just made a fancomic or change his echidna cast into human characters that wouldn't be tied to the Sonic franchise. Right now, he's playing with fire and will eventually get burned horribly.

Neither of those are "evil" counterparts though. Dark Link is just a pitch-black shadow copy with no soul, Evil Ryu is a what-if scenario that actually got a character in AE.

>scourge-the-hedgehog.jpg
This is a real thing? Not a Coldsteel-esqe parody? How the fuck could a professional company publish shit like this?

Also I'm pretty sure that shade of green already belongs to Mania.

He's based off of the old glitch "character" Ashura. His edginess is all tongue-and-cheek.

>No publisher will want to touch it
After what Penders did to his last publisher, I wouldn't want him around at all.
He's worse then the guy who made Howard The Duck.

>His edginess is all tongue-and-cheek.
Like that Eclipse guy or whatever he's called who Shadow is after?
I've only ever seen people talk about him, never read anything.

Why would von Karma have an evil counterpart? He's already evil.

I know this is a joke made at the expense of overly edgy characters that don't fit in the Sonic Universe but
>Dark Gaia
That triggers my autism

Don't forget he also ruined Ben Hurst's animated Sonic movie pitch to Sega.

What?

He's Sonic's alternate universe counterpart and the point is he tries way too hard to be edgy to distance himself from Sonic. Scourge is even a name he gave himself, his real name is also Sonic.

He's also unfortunately gone after the legally-mandated reboot.

You're better off not knowing.

At least the Howard the Duck guy knew how to write comics.

You didn't even mention how Penders just took the character of Knuckles (who at the time was something of a blank slate) and used him as a platform for his own independent sci-fi story he had been developing on the back burner, which is why there are now dozens of identical Echidna characters and why Penders is so desperate to keep legal hold of them.

>giving a shit about anything Sonic related
Fuck off to DeviantArt and go back to making shitty, small stamps. No one wants your cancer here.

I don't care for much of Penders' continuity but Knuckles' wife and daughter were actually pretty cute when drawn by someone competent, I kind of miss them.

I'm personally of the idea that any Sonic movie should be as weird and tone deaf as the Mario Bros movie... but I know that's just a pipe ream

Scourge was a good character though.

>Ben Hurst was a writer and editor for the old Sonic cartoons
>He loved working on the Sonic franchise and all it's fans
>Ben spends years coming up with a script and ideas for a Sonic movie
>Is finally ready to pitch it to Sega of America, so he gets an appointment with some of the executives
>Ken Penders hears about this, and tricks Ben into letting him be a part of the pitch to help get it accepted
>With his name now on the appointment, Ken goes to SoA ahead of time, without Ben, to take the opportunity for himself
>Instead of Ben's ideas, he pitches his own, and basically demands Sega give him the money for his projects
>The execs are rightfully furious and offended
>They throw Ken out and tell him to never come back
>They also ban Ben from ever getting another chance again, just because he associated himself with Ken
>Ben is shocked and broken hearted
>Ben Hurst dies a year later

DC has Ultraman and Superwoman, who are evil Superman and Wonder Woman from an alternate universe, but an evil character from an alternate universe is not good when it's in a Sonic comic?

Are you retarded?

The Mario Brothers movie was good, but unlike Mario Sonic has an actual interesting universe.

The reboot feels like a 90´s action cartoon, Theres´s no sense of danger.

>I know this is a joke made at the expense of overly edgy characters that don't fit in the Sonic Universe but

No. Read a comic book for once.

>Dark Gaia
Is a real thing in the Sonic Universe.

Keep in mind he also basically said RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RETCON ALL HOWARD STORIES I DIDN'T WRITE!

Scourge is what happens when one writer takes an evil mirror universe knockoff introduced by another writer and turns him into an intentionally edgy recolor as a meta-commentary on edgy recolors.

Reminder that Sonic has always been in decline

groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/archie|sort:relevance/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/zLDI-iHRsak/x9pE6q54RS0J

>no more mega man comics

>Ian's face when his paycheque is cut in half because of Archie's failed reboot and Kaminski's retarded crossover

>one literally named "Mary sue)

>penders

I've always had a soft spot for Jon Gray's art for some reason, it's a shame that this issue (the first one he did pencils for) is what he's gonna known for.

One day I'll find a use for this.

he's been doing the stuff for a long ass time. I still remember when he'd post his stuff on the same sonic fandom website I went to.

I can see it fitting in every Cred Forums and /vr/ thread where a troll tries to saySonic was never good

I fell like Grey wouldn't been perfect for the early comics when everything was still cartoony with silly plots.

What about:
>sonic should look vulnerable

I think Penders knows he can't really do anything with his crap, because they still look way too much like Knuckles. So theoretically, Sega of America could sue his ass into oblivion for infringement, and I think he knows it. That's probably one reason why he's dragged his heels on actually getting anything out there.

Hell, didn't he lose his court battle over Sonic Chronicles? I could've sworn he got his ass handed to him over that one, or he realized it's not a good idea to fuck with Electronic Arts (since BioWare is under that umbrella).

The sad thing about the whole Penders v. Archie case is that while it was a victory for creators and their creations in work-for-hire situations... it's at best a pyrrhic victory, because it's Penders.

Someone gets this wrong every time.

He left the book and, years later, trademarked several characters and sued Sega over Sonic Chronicles. Archie countersued him over trademarking characters he didn't own. Their paperwork wasn't in order, so after years of litigation they did an out of court settlement. They have to pay royalties every time something he had any hand in appears, so they chunked all his shit.

And then he got laughed out of court on his Sega lawsuit because he was past the statute of limitations.

>while it was a victory for creators and their creations in work-for-hire situations

No legal precedent was set.
All Archie employees are 100% relinquished of creative rights now.
He made creators look bad by trademarking relatives of video game characters.

It was in no way a victory for creators' rights. He harmed the cause if anything.

Reminder that Ken Penders killed SatAM season 3

groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/_QnS6Xqsr70/bBucDGsDsKoJ

Ah. My mistake.

And yeah, as if anyone needs more reasons to hate Ken Penders. What a colossal asshole.

>an alternate universe is not good when it's in a Sonic comic?

Everything in sonic comics sucks.

>a victory for creators and their creations in work-for-hire situations

Literally the entire purpose of Work For Hire contracts is so shit like this doesn't happen.

this pitch will never NOT astound me with how out of touch he is. this is how you get shit like DmC

He did say he wasn't really a fan of the games, and that it was just an idea, but his redesign of Sonic himself is fucking awful.

Jesus Christ

I have no idea why the people who hate Sonic and care for the character the least are the ones with the loudest voices when it comes to how to fix him or redesign him or whatever. Hell, the Game Grumps who have openly expressed dislike for all Sonic games are chummy with the official Sonic social media.

It's not fair Sonic they don't appreciate you like I do, why do you choose them?

I've never even read Sonic and those fucking names hurt my very soul.

>Game Grumps who have openly expressed dislike for all Sonic games
Arin. Arin hates all Sonic games. Danny is indifferent with a lean towards "I'd enjoy these if I played them back when they were new." Ross kinda likes Sonic but doesn't keep in touch with the franchise nowadays. Everyone else is neutral.

I still think the Sonic Twitter associating with them is dumb but I can't blame the guy for doing his job of "make people talk about Sonic."

what is this

Sonic is the designated whipping boy, so literally anyone can shit out some garbage and there will be a bunch of retards saying "better than Sega lol xD"

>Hell, didn't he lose his court battle over Sonic Chronicles?

It was dismissed because he had waited too long to do anything about it.

>Arin hates (X), Danny is indifferent

Game Grumps in a nutshell

youtube.com/watch?v=I6ak3ebBep0

It was dismissed because he couldn't prove he owned the characters that were supposedly being plagiarized, which is what kicked off him copyrighting everything and Archie suing him. By the time his case with Archie was resolved, statute of limitations had passed and they didn't let him appeal. Presumably he would sue Sega again if they used anything from Chronicles in a future game.

Jesus Christ

Post Tails x rouge plz

Everyone forgets the part where Ben was just a less douchey Ken.

He was a hack writer who got work on shitty properties and latched on to Sonic because Sonic fans are numerous and have low standards.

Ken Penders needs to fucking die already.

This, apired with in-universe "srs business" behavior creates a certain dissonance.

As long as nostalgiafags keep making and watching shitty YouTube "parodies" I doubt Sonic will ever stop being relevant.

A joke just like Archie and Sega nowadays.

Better Tails x Krystal

Why do faggots go up to artists at cons and commission them to do their shitty ship art?

>Nerd knuckles just sprouts 16 separate Heads all varying in levels of shitty and than one completely New Body that has stupid oven mitts
is this the true lore of Knuckles

Indeed

>mfw there's a game about the Lara-Su Chronicles
pc0.neooglecavern.com/Lara-Underground-Boom.zip

Arin is a shitfag

Because they have money and you don't

No, see, that's the funny thing - for all the fuss Penders made about mythologizing the Echidna race as these wise, long-gone forebearers of Mobius, when Sega themselves revealed Knuckles' race's backstory in Sonic Adventure? They turned out to just be a race of shortsighted savages who were doomed by their own hubris. And not in the "MAN'S REACH EXCEED MAN'S GRASP" way, but just because they were too stupid to live. "WE'RE TOO HYPER!!!"

>Hips in the first panel

what is wrong with me?

>I have no idea why the people who hate Sonic and care for the character the least are the ones with the loudest voices when it comes to how to fix him or redesign him or whatever.

because the people that like him are happy, and game journos are always happy to provide a megaphone to people who hate the same things they do.

The ironic thing is that the franchise has been pandering almost exclusively to non-fans for like ten years now, what with everything being "2D SONIC ONLY NO STORY FINAL DESTINATION" now

This.

looks like tumblr sjw shit

This is niggershit

>make a game that emphasizes speed and flow
>but also make it emphasize collecting
>and also add puzzle elements involving menus
what the fuck do you want from sonic

i wanna fuck that chihuahua

>lets make sonic a puzzle platformer
"No"

Faggots have no shame

>Chip the Fairy Chihuahua
What the FUCK happened to the Sonic franchise? God damn, and they said Penders was retarded.

>wishing death on a person because muh sanic

>sonic should be a shitty indie puzzle platformer with shitty sjw propaganda and sonic and tails are gay

>So fucking stupid they caused their own extinction
I know that'll probably apply to humanity someday, but that final panel is just perfect.

Same thing that's wrong with me apparently.

ALSO YOU SHOULD WIN THINGS BY WATCHING

please god no

Krystal would just end up being another Fiona.

He appeared in exactly one game 8 years ago where he turned into a giant Voltron made of ancient buildings and then was never seen again.

Well, nothing much bad about the last one.

>Scourge's face in the final panel
P R I C E L E S S

His Crash Bandicoot video is way better.
youtube.com/watch?v=0sbUdMNIG20

Chip is half of Gaia

He is obviously a Sonygger.

Wow. What a bitch.

A lot of actual Sonic fans are Sonyponies.
Chris-chan, for example.

All this autism over dumb sega Protoman

The worst thing about Penders is that all of ideas have the kernel of something decent in them, and if someone better tries to develop that into something workable he flips his shit and sues people.

Honestly most of them were just shitty rehashes of Star Trek plots. The new writer was able to make them worth reading which was commendable, but that doesn't make the initial ideas actually any good.

Tails only loves her because he once dated a robot made to look exactly like her. She owes him nothing

Holy shit this isn't just a swing and a miss, this isn't even swinging in the right direction.

1. Yes it is. Edgy characters have never fit Sonic and it still baffles me who thought that was a good idea, and the comics is arguably the origin point of the god awful OCs both official and not, with Penders being the involved with most of them. And yes Scourge counts, despite how much more enjoyable he got he still started out as a cringy "anti-Sonic" with no real defining traits besides that.

2. I fucking know it's a real thing you retard, hence my "this triggers my autism" statement. And Dark Gaia is one of favorite Sonic villains despite my stance on the series shouldn't be that serious nor should the villains.

>Super Mario comics don't even exist
Get on my level of pain

You're wrong about everything, and should end your life.

You are too young to remember the beginning of the franchise, and Pontac and Graff deserve to be beheaded by ISIS.

Sonic was intentionally supposed to be edgy when he was created. The entire franchise is based on edge. Not necessarily "Shadow the Hedgehog: The Game" levels of edge, but edge nonetheless.

A woman made this post.

What is Super Mario Adventures?

The Star Fox Command endings aren't canon

>edgy

"Attitude" is not edge, unless you think Bart Simpson is edgy.

>Pencils: Evan Stanley.
Neat.

Eclipse is actually a complete and literal joke. He's not edgy, in fact he's a complete child and even has Black Arm transformed wisps he takes care of

And that's why Sonic struggles to have any sort of identity and is becoming less and less relevant. When I say edge, I mean the Shadow "crawling in my skin" stuff, which simply doesn't work, and like I mentioned before is symptom of a lack of a solid identity.

It doesn't matter what Sonic "started as" what matters now is what it is, which is a cartoon hedgehog fighting a mad scientist. Sega and Archie have gotten far better at finding their footing as it were, but that doesn't erase the shit they've done to the franchise

And I didn't grow up with Genesis or any Sega console and didn't play them until way later, Nintendoes fucker

>Cheapest price I can find was 150 dollars
No.

And you knew what I meant, with the failed pitch from Archie but Nintendo being Nintendo refused

>And that's why Sonic struggles to have any sort of identity and is becoming less and less relevant. When I say edge, I mean the Shadow "crawling in my skin" stuff,

Holy shit, you're making shit up about a franchise you don't know shit about.

I mean I get that the internet has basically become a consensus reality where you just lie and pray that people are ignorant enough to believe you, but damn, this is brazen.

>When I say edge, I mean the Shadow "crawling in my skin" stuff, which simply doesn't work
Okay cool, but having a stock character type like "evil version of main character" does not make it "crawling in my skin" by default. Sonic's entire gimmick was being the edgier, attitude alternative to Mario. You cannot divorce that from his identity.

>Nintoddler
Why am I not surprised.

It's actually being reprinted in a month or two.

The Mario brothers are adorable.

>s-stop saying mean things about the franchise! Y-you're making it all up

You're straight being delusional at this point, and I pity you

BLUE
ARMS?!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

>Calling people non-fans because they don't want more shitty stories

Even Sonic Colors knew better.

>having a stock character type like "evil version of main character" does not make it "crawling in my skin" by default
I never said it was, but the thing is Sonic has done it so much at this point.
> Sonic's entire gimmick was being the edgier, attitude alternative to Mario. You cannot divorce that from his identity.
Yeah, you kinda have to now. It's not the 90s anymore there is no "rivalry" between Sonic and Mario anymore, hell they've been in in multiple games with each other. Sonic has his attitude sure, but he's by no means "edgy" as far as modern platformers go, let alone gaming in general.
Sonic needs to evolve with the times, something Sega has been struggling to nail down until fairly recently, even then there's been some back steps

>Nintoddler

Really? Oh. Didn't know that, and happy for it.

That being said, I would still like a current on-going Super Mario comic. Or any Nintendo comic really, Kirby would be a perfect fit.

>I never said it was, but the thing is Sonic has done it so much at this point.
The comics have done it once. Shadow is an anti-hero, not a villain. Metal is a robot and nothing like Sonic beyond appearance.

>butthurt nintenfag still holding a grudge
Every time.

These are the vocal critics of this franchise- developmentally stunted manchildren still bitter over being made fun of on the playground.

Sonic Colors was written by the worst people to ever place a hand on the franchise. They have literally gone on record as saying that they dislike the franchise and don't care about it.

You're just seeing one aspect of the story.

Penders not only ruined Hurst's dream and hard work, he also cost him any SEGA-related job he could have taken. And I don't know about you but in my opinion ruining someone's career like that is a really fucked up thing to do, especially if you're as shameless as Penders is about it.

I'm not that user so I don't really wish him death, but I don't wish him the best in life, either.

>They're different personalities so that makes it okay
My point was it's been done to death to the point it's impossible to take seriously anymore.
Why are you making excuses for the Sonic franchise? I didn't even say I hated any of them. Granted it took me awhile to actually tolerate Shadow but I digress.

>you're just a butthurt Nintendofag, that's why you're criticizing the franchise I love
Holy. Shit.
You are just digging yourself deeper into your little autism hole aren't you?

>They're different personalities so that makes it okay
...yes? Because if they're different personalities then they're different characters. What are you having trouble comprehending? Neither Shadow nor Metal are "evil version of main character" any more than Silver and Amy are just because they're all hedgehogs (and one robot hedgehog).

Are you having trouble comprehending what I'm saying? And if you honestly believe Sega didn't create any of those characters to capitalize on Sonic's existence and popularity, and be his sorta "opposite" well, having fun believing that I guess.

I hate the whole "normies/casuals should keep their hands away from the stuff I like!" mentality, but in cases like Sonic I really do wish the mainstream audience could just keep their thoughts to themselves.

They have zero respect for the Sonic series. I'm not going to act like if Sonic was this magnum opus that needs to be analyzed as tactfully as a priceless display in a museum, but the circlejerk surrounding the series is insulting considering there's plenty of good content in there.

The worst part about them is that SEGA is catering to them, an audience that has no interest in Sonic other than making shitty YouTube "parodies" about him. It's been such a long time since SEGA has put out a Sonic game that isn't just SOLO SONIC NO STORY CLASSIC GAMES THROWBACK.

>"B-But muh games with more than just Sonic were shit!"
That's because you retards never let SEGA refine the formulas they make. Holy fuck, sammyclassicsonicfan was right.

I could rant on and on about this like the autistic Sonicfag I am, but I doubt you guys would like to be pelted with blog post after blog post.

At least the fucker learned his lesson. R-right?

Sonic is a hedgehog and the main character, therefore hedgehogs are used to indicate other main characters. Do you complain when Dragon Ball has more Saiyans? If so then kill yourself. But that's completely different from assuming that all of them are "evil version of main character" which is a completely distinct type of character that has not been done in the games ever and has only been done in the comics once.

Let's be real, user. If he had the chance he'd fuck someone up again just like he fucked up Hurst.

>He thinks Dragon Ball having more Saiyans was a good thing
That explains a few things

At no point did I offer my opinion on the quality of that fact, simply that it exists. But you sound like your only criticism of the above mentioned characters is simply that they're hedgehogs, which is extremely ridiculous.

Whenever I see this fucker I can't link him to Sonic.

Maybe it's my prolongued exposure to DeviantArt recolors, but I cannot, for the life of me, regard him as another Sonic. Whenever I imagine him talking I hear pretty much everyone but any of the main Sonic voice actors.

Why is he green?

>therefore hedgehogs are used to indicate other main characters
That's fucking retarded.
This shouldn't be dictated by bullshit rules they randomly decided to make up 10+ years after the fact.
Characters like Knuckles and Tails shouldn't be neglected while pieces of shit like Shadow and Silver get to have everything that should be used on the earlier characters.

What Sonic? The game character that was supposed to compete with Mario, but because of the writer's at Archie, AOSTH, and SAT-AM's lack of restraint, tact, or overall creativity and ability to give any of these versions of his universe any true dynamic "real" feel to it as the Japanese have done without so much as a word being said is the reason Sonic is viewed more as a desperate attempt at keeping SEGA's mascot afloat.

It's more than "they're hedgehogs" and I have my grievances with them as characters but I'm not going to bother listing them because you obviously won't listen and continue to live in your little bubble.

In-universe, because he absorbed some energy from the Master Emerald. Out of universe, because not many green characters existed at the time.

It would help if you had listed them to begin with, but you didn't. All you said was that they were basically the same character, which they aren't. So now you've been proven factually wrong and are just swimming around in your own fecal matter.

>The worst part about them is that SEGA is catering to them, an audience that has no interest in Sonic other than making shitty YouTube "parodies" about him. It's been such a long time since SEGA has put out a Sonic game that isn't just SOLO SONIC NO STORY CLASSIC GAMES THROWBACK.

This. They just expect fans to buy them anyway while they keep pandering to everybody else, but I think with Mania and Generations 2 I'm pretty much done. If they have no interest in what fans think, then I have no reason to support them.

I think it was Chaos Emerald poisoning or something. I can't really remember.

What the fuck are you talking about you stupid bitch

>All you said was that they were basically the same character
I never said anything like that you fucking retard, nor did I imply it.

Just stop, each post you make is only digging yourself deeper.

>IM WRONG BUT IF YOU POINT THAT OUT YOURE JUST DIGGING YOURSELF DEEPER

fucking faggot

It's been going for ages man

groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog/YG5n599Tz6k/e5g1Pc5cTn4J

>Sounds good to me. Ditch the Adventure, ditch the Heroes. Give me Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

>If I devalue the opposition by claiming they're wrong then they will be wrong by default

You're just digging yourself deeper.

refer back to >>having a stock character type like "evil version of main character" does not make it "crawling in my skin" by default
>I never said it was, but the thing is Sonic has done it so much at this point.
>Sonic has done it so much at this point
>"it" referring to quoted post, specifically "evil version of main character"
>therefore directly stating that they're the same character type (they're not)
So you're both wrong and either a liar or retarded.

>Sounds good to me. Ditch the Adventure, ditch the Heroes. Give me Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Bullshit, Ogorki the hedgehog fucking rocks.

So here's the real question: Who has the better theme song:

youtube.com/watch?v=GM8h2Xyis9M
youtube.com/watch?v=iB6UqCUGqro

He actually wasn't so bad in the after bit. I appreciate that he conquered his world based on the self disgust of realizing he was in fact a crappy reflection, and that he and everybody he knew literally were this other universe but with "anti" In front of everybody's names.

One of his first decree's was that everybody had to change their stupid fucking anti-name. I love that that was a canon thing that happened.

Retroniggers are poison. Kill these mad cucks.

Emo red nigger song vs classic capcom.

You had to ask?

>"I found you, faker!" in Comic Sans
FUCK this is good

So Emo Red Nigger song then?
Glad we agree.

Pender's and Flynn's evil sonic and Scourge nonsense, yeah.

>literally just saying "no u"

>Taking that quote so much out of it's proper context
>part of which I didn't even say
The "evil" main character bit wasn't meant to be taken literally you retard, just that Sonic has had so many counterparts over the years and that it's lost it's meaning, and if you want to be pedantic about it, yes at least half half of them were evil or at least were antagonistic towards Sonic but I digress.

The "evil counterpoint" wasn't even the main point of what I meant, more that the entire franchise is full of cringy OCs, and the "counterpoints" didn't help matters.

What are you even trying to prove at this point?

Because running up to an artist with a wad of cash is less embarrassing than an email with a wad of cash.

Ignoring that it's supposed to be Sonic and taken completely on it's own, that's actually kind of cute

That face in the second panel isn't helping.

Every post is just digging yourself deeper.

It was actually 5 years later, not 1. The rest of this is accurate far as I know though.

From the man himself:

>I did consult with DIC to see if there was a way to generate some enthusiasm for a feature film to be the "Third Season" of SatAm. I was given the name of a SEGA executive and had a most pleasant conversation. She had to go to a meeting, but said she would like to talk to me more about the idea.

>The next day, I got a call from Ken Penders, who had been alerted by his contact in their office that I was interested in getting a Sonic movie going. I generously offered to include him in the effort and told him my strategy. Get SEGA to become invested in the idea by hiring us to interview their creative game designers, execs, etc and see if we could develop a story line that would fulfill the third season - and simultaneously give them creative ideas to develop new games. A win-win, situation.

>Then, I called SEGA back, but I was shocked when the exec "lit" into me, telling me, "People pay US to develop Sonic product, we don't pay them!" Then she hung up on me. Obviously, Penders had related my strategy to them in a less-than-flattering way. Thanks for the knife, Ken.

> So, I gave up. Later, I was informed by friendly fans that Penders had written in his message board or some such place that "Ben Hurst doesn't know how movies are made in Hollywood." (Hey Ken, read "Adventures in Screenwriting" by William Goldman and get some humility) Then he dropped hints that HE would be the writer for a big Sonic Feature Film. That was three years ago.

>So, if you're reading between the lines, you can see I don't hold out much hope for seeing the third season of Satam - or being the one who does it if it happens. And that makes me sad. Because if it were to happen, those 13 episodes would sizzle.

>But this I've learned: Never leave a series on a cliffhanger unless you have a contract for the next year. And be more careful in my choice of people to confide in.

>The "evil counterpoint" wasn't even the main point of what I meant, more that the entire franchise is full of cringy OCs, and the "counterpoints" didn't help matters.
Then you should have actually said so in the first place and we would've been saved several posts of you whining like a baby about your poorly-worded post being taken in the only context it could've been taken in.

And as for you actual point, while the comics were definitely plagued with shitty OCs for the first few years, the past 10 years have been a lot more measured with OCs being introduced to serve an actual purpose instead of "just because." Even in the games the new characters have an actual purpose, either for the story (when there is any), gameplay, advertising, or all three.

I liked Chronicle's obviously-inspired-by-Penders echidnas desu.

UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE

You sir are a (red) nigger and a faggot. Please go collect dicks in your gaping furry anus.

>it's impossible to take seriously anymore

You were suppose to?

At what point did I "whine like a baby"? Because I pointed out flaws in the franchise everyone already knows about?

Did I say I hated Sonic? That is was shit that never had anything good about it? No.

My post could've been worded better sure, but nobody but the most autistic spergs in the fandom could've spun it around like I'm ranting and shitting on the franchise.

I'm legitimately asking, what are you trying to prove here? I don't hate or even dislike Sonic or most of it's core cast. My initial post was a fucking "joke" and it was turned around into a argument.

To an extent. To me Metal Sonic will always be the time they got it right.

You said something that was factually wrong, I pointed out that it was factually wrong, simple as that. Now you're claiming I'm some autistic sperg blind fanboy just because I pointed out you were wrong.

You are being an autistic sperg, by continuing on about this and claiming your OPINIONS as """"""factual""""""'
Despite what you want to believe, there is nothing "factual" about anything you said, there was nothing factual about most of what I said, they're opinions. Just stop, there is nothing to gain from this.

>saying that a character who is not an evil counterpart is not an evil counterpart is now "opinions"
Nintoddler logic

You've got to stop this. Every post is just digging yourself deeper.

fuck

I really hated them, and I'm glad that nobody can use them. They took away from the Sonic setting of weird and wacky disconnected bullshit the same way the Guardians did in the comics.

>there he was known as Evil Sonic
Wait, fucking why? They wouldn't know regular Sonic so why would they call him Evil Sonic instead of just Sonic?

that's pretty hot...

Because regular Sonic is actually Sonic-Prime, the Anti-Universe is designed specifically to be the opposite of the Prime Universe. When they first met, the Anti-Universe was already aware of the Multiverse, and already knew his universe was a literally an edited copy of a different universe

Y'know, we've had Shadow appear in Sonic Boom, so when the heck will Rouge appear?

I mean, on one hand, more Rouge is always interesting because who knows what she'd bring to the table in the show, but on the other, I worry just how badly they'd mangle the costume design, given that Boom's aesthetic is "SPORTS TAPE ON ALL THE THINGS".

they already had the Shadow model from the games

Evil Ryu is the same guy, just hopped up on Satsui no Hado.

Yes, and?

>The comic will never have moments like this ever again

Archie Sonic threads are always about the old time and Penders and all that stuff, but I'm curious to know.

What are stuff from the Reboot that you have REALLY enjoyed? Can be something small, or something big.

I think now is an appropriate time for a storytime of a certain doppelganger's origin.

Isn't Shadow the evil sonic?

Not exactly. He may and Sonic may share some similarities but he's still unique enough to be his own character.

Not quite. When Sonic Adventure 2 was released Shadow was promoted as being an evil Sonic, but the actual character is more complex.

There is a rivalry going on but it's more along the lines of "hotheaded youngster vs. hardened veteran". In recent canon the two are on good terms.

And that's how evil green Sonic was born, kids.

Oh, well he looked edgy in every pic I've seen.

Might as well post part 2.

There's a little Bean in all of us.

And that's it.

Tails coming in and sucker punching him made me chuckle

>He left the book

To expand on this he left because he was ordered to use more game characters and thought Archie would come crawling to beg for him to come back since Ken believes he's the SOLE reason Sonic is popular or as well known as it is. Archie didn't give a shit and gave his job to an intern in all but title named Ian Flynn.

>Did...did Archie just made a joke of the Penders past crap..?

Princess Sally was supposed to have been killed off. She shouldn't be still alive, goddammit.

To be fair, any Sonic movie made by Ben Hurst would have been terrible because it would be based on SatAM which was complete trash.

>Knuckles' wife

Who is also his cousin.

Not to mention that because of Ken's and Archie's example other publishers are much more likely to tighten up their operations to make it that much harder for creators to get rights for their creations.

Wait, was Penders actually dumb enough to make the family tree end up with inbreeding?

>the franchise has been pandering almost exclusively to non-fans for like ten years now

Because fans will play it regardless. So it makes sense to try to get some non-fans to play it too and increase sales.

I liked the whole Fighters arc, and I like how Ian Flynn ties all things from the games and comics together, making OCs sparingly.

It's an okay moment, but the wrong mood for a Sonic comic.

And honestly, fuck talking about Penders. Let him wallow in his empire of dirt. Talking about him will only fuel his delusions of grandeur more.

You do realize that the vast majority of echidnas had been killed off in genocide, right? They don't exactly have a choice about where to stick their four dicks.

The Fighters arc was great and Razor is pretty cool, sadly everything else hasn't connected at all for me. I'm not even a big fan of the main cast as much anymore.

I don't think I'll ever get over the old pre-reboot stuff after spending so much time with it.

>he's by no means "edgy" as far as modern platformers go

Modern platformers are just Mario and Sonic and nothing, in comparison I'd say Sonic has more edge than Mario. So yeah, he's edgy as far as modern platformers go.

And it still had a better story than any of the comics.

Now who's this edgelord?

I was hyped for Mania but then I heard it's mainly old zones with a few new ones tacked on. I'm sick of old zones, at least characters not named Sonic are playable for once I guess.

Last I kept up with that one game everyone is calling Generations 2 was that horrible stream hosted by meme man from twitter that kept on fucking up. Any news since then?

>Even in the games the new characters have an actual purpose

What purpose did the Deadly Six serve again?

I liked the idea that there was more than one tribe of echidnas 4000 years ago. Seriously, just attacking one city can wipe out an entire species or close to it?

I love the idea of Sonic as an embodiment of 90s 'tude being friendly rivals with Shadow as an embodiment of 2000s edge. Next we need a hedgehog who's a twee 2010s hipster. Make them a soft pastel color and easily offended.

I have not been able to get into the reboot because it seems like it's just one lawsuit away from being canceled and look, there's already another lawsuit happening. I don't want to get invested in something that'll just get a shit conclusion.

Granted, Knuckles and Julie-Su are distant cousins. But still, them having a kid takes their family tree and turns it into a family wreath.

Long time ago there was this guy named Edmund, he was the first guardian, and had two sons.

One son became the next guardian and started the council of secret granddads that never do anything even if they could resolve every conflict in a day with no loss of life or collateral damage.

The other son fucked off to do his own thing and his descendants started the dark legion where his bloodline remained control, this is where Julie-Su came from.

Both families make a big deal about family history and bloodlines and shit. Which just makes Knuckles Kaio-dicking Julie-Su times four even weirder.

There were things in the old canon I like for sure, but thank God for the reboot.

None about the new Sonic Team game, no. And so far, Green Hill is the only returning stage in Mania.

There was a lot to like and hate about Chronicles.
youtube.com/watch?v=zzGYztkYB70

The fighters arc was pretty good. I guess Scrambled part 2 was fun.

I liked Relic, Razor and Eclipse as well as introducing Gemerl but they don't really do anything with them.

The Sky Patrol is nice I guess.

and uh...

yeah, I can't really think of much else. The reboot has been pretty bland and slow moving that it's really boring. All those attempts at world building and how long it's gone on, as well as how botched the Unleashed arc has been just makes me miss the old universe, warts and all.

The delays and Mega man being cancelled also didn't help.

Are you ready for the next cross over event in the coming months?

Pretty much agree with ya, except I didn't really care for Sky Patrol at all.

>Korra season 2

Season 1 at least started pretty well. How did they let that happen?

I haven't been keeping up the last few months. What happened. Please don't tell me there are more crossovers that bungle up the pacing even more.

I like the Sky Patrol in theory. It lets the Freedom Fighters go off and fight anywhere they want, and flying potable bases are fun. It's just that I don't think they have done much with it or had a really interesting reason to go to other places. The search for the gaia gates or keys or whatever happened way too quickly, and they barely stay in one place to give a damn about the locations or cities they go to. And I guess the attack on the base with the Battle Kuku and Nicole's adversary was the only time it felt cool.

I also want a better idea on how it's structured so I can know where they characters can go, how many rooms it has, what it stores, etc.

Same. Bastard always has a gank squad.

There's no crossover coming up, Unleashed is ending next month. Afterwards, the main comic is gonna retell the Genesis games (plus CD) and the Chaotix are going on a pirate arc in Universe.

I liked the idea for the unleashed arc but people bitched about it going too slow so now everything is rushed. I don't care if unleashed is an old game, using it to help show and build the new world is a great idea. But nope, people gotta bitch so a lot of locations get just a panel or two where they talk about getting the key in past tense.

I had way too much fun with this

>Create a series off-shoot that wraps up nicely within 1 season.
>Get demanded for another season.
>Forced to make shit up as you head along, since you didn't actually have plans for that eventuallity.
Not that difficult to follow.

Honestly, I just don't like these long arcs for the book in general. Ian's not very good at them and they also get constantly interrupted (crossover, game event, lawsuit, unexpected hiatus, etc) making them drag even worse than they already do.

>They constantly get interrupted
This is my main issue with the arc. Though at no fault of its own.

I'm getting pretty sick of all the Mega Man crossovers. It doesn't need to invade both the main series and Universe for 3-4 months worth of issues.

Mega Man is dead, so I doubt another will come.

Dr. Finitevus

Mania arc when?

After the Lost World arc.

By and large my favorite pre reboot villain.

A true edgelord for sure but I loved his warp ring powers.

I've REALLY enjoyed everything about the egg bosses. Love how it's not all black and white, good guys vs bad guys for some of them.

Like how Nephthys wants to keep her underlings safe, Cassia and Clove's situation and everything about thunderbolt.

Also I am really, REALLY interested about Maw.

Give her a name and power set by god she needs it

Ahh, this was the first issue of the series I read when I found it on an airport store rack. Had a subscription from here up to the Iron Dominion, and then I lost interest. This brings back memories.

It turned to shit anyway, it was never as good as anything Ariga made.

>tfw out of the half-dozen Sonic comics I actually own, two of happen to be these

Ariga was shit.
Archie Megaman was far better.

Wasn't Silver kind of like that?

What am I supposed to be looking at here?

Tell me about it, I'm still waiting for Sonic Heroes 2.

Sports tape over her tits.

And that's the ONLY thing over her tits.

Come on, France.

Is this some kind of hipster opinion?

Archie Megaman was shit and Rock's design was pathetic.

Megamix and Gigamix are GOAT of the Classic universe.

Silver is a naive baby (literally younger than everyone cept Tails and Cream), he's not a hipster.

I read that last one as Kayla-na.
Is there a connection? Or just a coincidence?

The fuck is going on with his eyes?

Because he was introduced back when the comic was still silly nonsense.

More like Dark Sonic

Rock's design was sthe exact same one from te games and Archie had far better character development than anything Ariga made.

Alright, now this is bullshit.

Nigga u retard

Rock was constnatly developing as he was coming to terms with the fact that he was both a builder and a weapon.

Blues had his whole identity crisis to deal with.

Wily was actually shown having doubts about being evil and actually cared about Light when they were friends.

The comic even explored the robot master's personalities, how each of them viewed themselves and what their role was.

Plus the oc, like Quake woman dealing with her damage, the robophobic detective warming up to Rock, xander going crazy.

Ok you clearly haven't read the manga do I'm not going to bother with you.

Silver is from Sonic 06, the 2010s didn't exist yet so there was nothing new for him to embody. He's more like a moe young version of Shadow's edge.

Wait a second, is this thing going backwards in time? That's incredibly unintuitive.

Hey guys. I have an edit base for you all.

Do your worst...

He's too cool for eyelids

What should I name her?

Also space-themed powers are mandatory because of the SPACE AESTHETIC UWUUUUUU

Be he's also from the future