Shelf/Recent Buys Thread

Let's see those shelves, baby.

Buy anything recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Collected-Miyazaki-Amazon-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B0117V8BX8
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M482XWE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474564858&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=miyazaki
erichaven.com/
darkhorse.com/Books/31-195/Conan-Omnibus-Volume-1-Birth-of-the-Legend-TPB
bleedingcool.com/2016/09/27/amazon-glitchwatch-doom-patrol-silver-age-omnibus-16-86-instead-100/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I finished collecting the 4 trades of 52 that are now out of print. I got them instead of the omni because they have commentaries from the writers at the end of each issue talking about how no one can understand Grant Morrison.

Ye

Marvel

DC

Can't find an up to date of my vertigo + mignolaverse + indies + alt comix but here's an old pic

Copra Round 4 next month. And you better start buying those Ostrander Suicide Squad trades.

Can't we keep those thread to a once-a-month schedule? Don't get me wrong, I like to see your stuff, but half the thread is bumps or "I didn't buy anything new so I'll repost another old picture of my unchanged shelf again"-posts if we have it every week.

>Ostrander Suicide Squad trades
I am gonna order the 4th on Friday.I kinda wanna check out his Spectre as well.

This is what I recently bought.

Everything I've bought since I got into comics last month. Rec me more essentials? I like Batman and X-Men, but I'm open to anything as long as it's not $100+ omnibuses.

Bunch of stuff in the post. Rest of Morrison's New X-Men, rest of New 52 Swamp Thing, last volume of Millar Swamp Thing, the three Swamp Thing vol 4 TPBs, last volume of New 52 Animal Man, X-Men: Curse of the Mutants.

Going to pick up X-Force from 2008 and the Cassandra Cain Batgirl TPBs at the weekend.

Hold up.

Is that the Miyazaki Blu-ray box set?

Aye. It's a nice set.

Can you take some photos of it for me? I'm thinking of getting it.

Sorry for Cred Forums-ing up the thread

I'm not going to be home until Saturday, so not unless this thread is still up then.

I skim through every shelf thread so if you post it I'll probably see it

FFS, OP.
If you make a shelf thread, at least make the OP pic a shelf. This thread is not going to last.

Are you trying to introduce unwritten rules on a board on Cred Forums? Forget it.

Picking up the newest issue of Carnage today. Faith came with my purchase for free, no idea if it's good or not. Also, would NOT recommend RR&G.

I'm not introducing anything. Just don't expect a quality thread if we have it every week.

today was expensive

Nothing new, but posting anyways.

How's Cloonan's Punisher?

I love her other work but she's the last person I'd have picked to write that.

Would you recommend either of those Supergirl runs? Fancy reading some since I quite like Rebirth so far.

>Miyazaki Blu-ray box set
is it this one?
amazon.com/Collected-Miyazaki-Amazon-Exclusive-Blu-ray/dp/B0117V8BX8
>$225
wew

there is a review on amazon that has the pics

Swamp Thing. Read "Roots Of" for the gorgeous art and for a grounding in what the character used to be, and then Moore's "Saga Of" for the iconic run.

No, it's not.

It's this one:
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00M482XWE/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474564858&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=miyazaki

Something to tide me over until the inevitable next big haul.

Not comic, but it's Alan Moore.
Probably won't get to reading it any time soon. Still have quite a lot of Moore comics to go through.

forgot pic

pretty decent haul this week between the customer appreciation sale at IST this past weekend and normal Wednesday releases.

Dude, I tried, but my phone won't let me upload photos and I can't be fucked finding a cable. Apologies

I just love seeing what everyone has bought, it makes me excited, you know?

It's okay, user.
Nice buys btw. We have very similar taste.

>Britannia

Who else hyped for these?

>tfw your shelf falls apart bc too many heavy ass omnis

>Concrete
That's pretty good.
I want to by these but not a fan of DH's undersized editions.

Bought these yesterday. Took me 4 hours to walk to the store and back. My idiot friend was in a car crash

Dropped cash-tier:A compilation of Cowboy Henk, Joe Sacco's BUMF and about14 german "Dylan Dog" isues I was missing for my collection.

Pocket money-tier: A 3-issue 90's comic called "Angryman" by Eric Haven. The comic was nothing to write home about, but I considered pretty interesting that Haven is the producer of Mythbusters. ( erichaven.com/ ). His other stories on his website are pretty cool.

2 issues from a kickstarter project called "Toe Tag Riot". Zombie punks and tumblr writting, I wish I had those two spent bucks back.

The Empty Man by Cullen Bunn. I heard they are making a live action adaptation about it. I do hope they give it a proper new closure, because the ending was imo dissapointing as shit. Nice "cults and nightmare psychics" idea, though.

I'm trying to decide if i should just get the rest of the Starman Omnibuses now or try to get more of Claremont X-Men that's collected?

What arrived this week. I posted some stuff already in the last thread.

>rest of the Starman Omnibuses
how are you planning to do that? Which ones do you already own?

What are those Peter Bagge books about?

the first 4.

yeah I got that on that #3 early

Neat Stuff.

The two trades I got Buy 1 get 1 free
Everything else except the right row of floppies was $1 each

That's the recently released Neat Stuff box set.
It's an anthology series, and one of the strips is continued in Hate. I haven't read it yet so that's all I know.

Lucky you.
Get the remaining two then before they poof as well. I feel Marvel will keep the X stuff in print. Don't trust DC collection department.

1/4

2/4

3/4

4/4 this week's Pulls

is empowered good? I see a lot of people have it
what the appeal of those mask sets?
Im trying to get the HCs of Ultimate Spider-man..Not sure if it will be cheaper than getting the paperbacks
waiting to get the collected edition of Vision. I only own and have read issue 1

The trades I bought in are added to this pic. Too lazy to take another one

>is empowered good? I see a lot of people have it
It starts off as mostly fap bait, bit you'll slowly start caring about the fate of some of the characters presented, and by that time it takes a left turn into what the fuckery and I've been loving it ever since. I'd like it more with color, but I'm happy with black and white pages
>what the appeal of those mask sets?
I don't know, I ordered Court of Owls off Amazon and they sent me the mask too
>Im trying to get the HCs of Ultimate Spider-man..Not sure if it will be cheaper than getting the paperbacks
HC would look much better on a shelf, but right now the tpbs are super cheep.
>waiting to get the collected edition of Vision. I only own and have read issue 1
I don't like floppies, I just support my lcs wuth a pull list, but Vision is so fucking worth it no matter how it's packaged

Are the Sandman omnibuses worth buying? I've heard the run is great but I've never actually read any Sandman

Yup. I'm currently reading the omnibus an I love it

Nice

bump

SPX haul. Soft City was super dope. I highly recommend it. It's huge too. Too big to fit on my shelf.

I'm super excited. I only managed to get one of the paperbacks before they went out of print.

Just arrived. I'm planning on getting the rest of the Library's and pray that Dark Horse reprints vol. 3 and 4 of BPRD.

I'm still waiting for hellboy lib vol 3. It went out of stock on instocktrades so I got a refund after waiting a couple weeks and I ordered on dcbs a week ago because it says it's still available and they still havent scanned it. I just want to finish the set already

DCBS is a pre-order site. So you won't get it until they get more in stock. I ordered all 6 of them from them, but when they didn't process my order for like a week I contacted them and they told me what was up. So you won't get it til next month at the earliest probably.

Here's what they told me just in case anyone wants to know.

DCBS is mainly a pre-order website. Any order placed through the pre-order link is grouped all month and then ordered at the end of the month, once the order deadline has passed. This includes already released trades offered under the various vendors’ backlists. The backlists are in no way linked to our actual inventory, so the orders are not filled until the distributor fills them from the monthly order placed at the end of the month. These are usually filled within 2-3 weeks of the end of the month in which the order was placed.

Now that our sister site www.instocktrades.com has moved the Memphis, TN, we do not have that inventory available to us to fill items from the trade paperback link. We do have a small selection of trade paperbacks and hardcovers in our brick and mortar store, but not the extent of the InStockTrades inventory that has been available to us for many years. As of 8/20/2014, we will generally fill all titles purchased from the trade paperback link within 2-3 weeks. However, if an item is short or arrives damaged, it can take our distributor 2 weeks to fill the replacement order. If you wish to receive already released trade paperbacks and hardcovers much faster, please visit www.InStockTrades.com.

Oh shit I didn't know they were reprinting these. Definitely getting this.

Fuck me! I just dropped 100 bucks on the hard back of this at me local shop. Did you get the paper back or hard back?

fuck you! you fucking fuck! I hate your fucking shelf!

HC I believe, which i might end up regretting. I hear the binding is shit

Bought today:

>Gwenpoole #3,4,5 (very cute and funny, Batroc is an absolute ledge)
>Punisher War Zone #12 (I'm a sucker for this storyline)
>Art Ops #1 (Disappointing overall. The concept seems okay, but I don't feel excited to read more.)
>Judge Dredd: Mega-City Two #1 (Farinas' art is m i n t)

I was hoping to get some Future Quest or more Scooby-Doo Apocalypse, but they didn't have it in when I went. Got a free pack of magic cards with my order too, picked scourge and got a Sliver Overlord which was neat.

Snagged the first 16 issues of Shade the Changing Man.

Clearance back issues are a blessing

Just got
>Gotham Central 1 and 2
>Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne TPB
>Stray Bullets Uber Alles
>Ronin
>Omega Men
>Dark Knight: A True Batman Story

Waiting in the mail
>Absolute Batman Inc

yeah it's not the best binding but it's a fun read.

Not him, but they're alright. Very different take on Supergirl.

Why?

Yo, I'm the faggot that bought the Brightest Day omni from last thread. How hard would it be to just repair this thing on my own? From the pics and vids I've seen of other people's copies, it looks like industrial strength glue would work fine.

rub some bacon on it

Are they going out of print? Or is dc thinking of stoping them? Im starting volume four and enjoyed what I read so far. Will be starting his deadshot mini after.

Or wait for the swampthing omnibus dc is releasing soon. It has roots of the swampthing and a bit more.

I was thinking of getting after i finisb reading the three green lantern omnibus. Is the binding really that bad?

is the 2% on IST worth spending like 12 bucks on something before a big purchase to get?

Maybe. Although it's an extra 2% off each title, not your entire order.

I haven't heard a single case of people who own it saying their copy hasn't fallen apart. I'm not gonna take mine out of the wrapping until I finish GL vol 2

First of all, you should read Blackest Night first. Second, Brightest Day wasn't that good. Just resell it.

Vol 2 ends with Blackest Night

user, that's the same thing.

I just bought a WeLoveFine shirt for Vision #11's cover, and the Vinyl of Over the Garden Wall yesterday.

Got a 20% discount deal at Barnes & Noble this weekend, and a sale at my LCS next weekend.

Oh shit. Release date when?

I feel like Judge Dredd has fought everyone and everything.

is there a code for Barnes and Noble?

Nah, just a members appreciation deal.
Most of the stuff I see there has a better rate on Amazon prime though, so it's hard to find stuff worth getting.
I usually go for Vinyls.

i had amazon prime since it was free for students. I rarely used it for recreational stuff because whenever I wanted to buy DVDs or books, the options were usually like

>$8 FREE SHIPPING WITH AMAZON PRIME

>$0.2 +$3.99 shipping

Ditto.
I have a Student Prime account, and got it extended a month when my copy of Omega Men was folded on the back cover last month.

>tfw deciding whether to buy the last two pieces to finish a series or the first entries in two more series

oh nice
I ordered season 5 and 6 of LOST, and one of the discs wouldnt play. Sent it back and got another one for free, but they didnt extend my membership at all.
My parents have Prime, and I watch Curb your Enthusiasm on it, but I dont order anything anymore. If they knew how much I spent on toys and comics, they would flip. I actually get all my packages sent to my friends house so I can smuggle them home in my backpack after class

>Barnes & Noble

Is there any rhyme or reason to when they send out coupons because sometimes I get that shit three months in a row then don't see any more for half a year, and it's not even timed around the holiday season or anything.

Always complete your backlog first.

Recently got the New X-Men Omnibus and read it for the first time.

Currently looking for a shelf that can hold the Marvels slipcase upright, it's just over 16"

Half tempted to just get an adjustable shelf, but then I'll be worried contantly about bowing.

I hope they do a Judge Dredd vs Big Foot.

Is it wrong that I keep buying comics even though I've got about 400 unread volumes and omnibuses?

it's not wrong if you have too much money
post pics please

Where'd you get Harrow County? I can still only pre-order it on amazon

Cool

I always wanted a poster of that JSA classifed.

>New X-Men Omnibus
I need to get that.

March 14th 2017

When my camera starts working again, I will snap some for you

don't you have a cellphone?

It's the camera on my phone that's fucked

Is it confirmed, or otherwise stated, if the current paperback reprint of the Vertigo Doom Patrol is supposed to only be of Morrison's run or if it would extend to finally collect Pollack's run too?

That's really the deciding factor to whether I want a redundant physical copy that looks better on the shelf, or if I'll just apathetically buy it for my digital library.

too bad. are you a drawfriend? maybe you could draw it for us.

Some of it arrived.

Was hoping for more, wanted to finish reading Morrison's X-Men this weekend, but at least some Cred Forums stuff showed up too.

Curse of the Mutants is a cheap and nasty feeling book, and the Marvel logo is at the bottom rather than the top of the spine. Just has the UK price on it, so guess it was a version only released over here. I'd be pissed, but I paid 99p for it, so whatever.

>UK version
no guns and sharp knives in it then

I think it's only Morrison's run.
Amazon lists it as as a 3 book deal.

Bump.

Stubbornness is human nature, user

got this to round off the mouse movie marathon my friend and I are having.

nothing too special, but The Rescuers was a strong favourite of mine as a kid so it feels good to have it.

My girlfriend ordered this for my birthday. I'm ridiculously excited that it's getting a hardcover print.

Just placed an order on the Pérez Wondie omni, Flash by Cereal King 2, and the first trade of Ostrander's SKWAAAAD.
So glad I was able to snatch a copy of the latter, it was already sold out once.

W-wait a second, is that Stardust??

Yes. And you are now in his power.

Thoughts on the Wicked and the Divine

If I disliked their Young Avengers run would I like this?

I think it's leagues better than Young Avengers. It might even be better than Phonogram which is not something I thought I'd ever say.

just pretend I posted my shelf and congratulate me, will you?

Just got "Batman: Nevermore" 1-5 off eBay!

God damn it Amazon, just charge my card! it's 3 fucking manga. It's been 2 fucking weeks, and you've charged the same card on a different account since then. Quit saying I need to update the payment info. Just fucking take my money, please.

thanks. I'll get the trades

Green Room is a pretty good movie

my most recent purchases

bump

Up

bump

Upity

Since I've seen some folks here supporting Rucka's Wondie, I've gotta ask, why does half of Cred Forums suddenly think it's garbage?
Like, I figured it's because they didn't care for Rebirth Wondie all that much, which obviously makes the old run shit retroactively.
In other words, it'd be another case of Cred Forums not reading comics.

Thoughts on it, though?
It definitely differed from my expectations, but I liked it.
Hiketeia on its own is already pretty great, but then you get that comfy slice-of-life Wonder Woman that works surprisingly well.
Doc Psycho's inclusion was obviously a somewhat radical turning point, but I think the creepy little midget was handled well enough.
All in all, I found myself wanting more.

>All in all, I found myself wanting more.
and then infinite crisis happened.

>suddenly
It was always a crap run, user. When the announcement that Rucka would write Wonder Woman again first hit a lot of people started memeing. But then people read Rebirth and...yeah.

Nah, I remember Rucka's run being highly regarded back even before New 52. It was always at the top of WW recommendation lists.

you haven't been here for long or have a very selective memory, have you?

this is the case.

Got these in the mail today, I also have Trinity #1.

New shelf alert!
Got all these today and made clear a shelf specially for these.
Still buttblasted about the first A&A deluxe edition going OOP.

they look fancy except for that one white volume in the middle and the black one towards the right.

delete this

If you're talking about rec images, those are memes.

Is this supposed to be funny?

the one on the right is actually dark grey
The white one is annoying. Q2 is not even in the current continuity, it's in the original series continuity by Priest and Bright. Might move it to the other end of the shelf.

>recs are memes

Not this shit again.

Recs aren't memes but those rec images are.

Yes yes, I left out a word on accident.
Look, I'm not gonna help you shit up the thread over this. I've better things to do.
Like figuring out how many times I can run into the wall, headfirst, before passing out.

Yes, of course. Everything is a meme.

Picked up some stuff while I was in town today.

Batman books were all blind buys, figured they were worth a punt for the price. Almost grabbed Gotham After Midnight as well, but £8 was just a little too much to go in blind on.

>Like, I figured it's because they didn't care for Rebirth Wondie all that much, which obviously makes the old run shit retroactively.
>In other words, it'd be another case of Cred Forums not reading comics.

It's just this.

It's one user who's salty about Diana not being more distraught about Superbro's death, despite her levelheadedness and lack of grudge against Superdad and Lois refreshingly avoided a cliche dramatic angle.
Reserving it for Bruce is much more fun.

1/3 been getting a lot of DC recently.

2/3 Dredd

3/3 Spidey Omnibuses

Mailman just dropped these off from IST.
I really enjoyed Lee/Ditko ASM so I am excited for the DS book, and I'm also eager to see how much creepier Terry Long can get in NTT.

>Might move it to the other end of the shelf.
please do

Any good comics with the internet as a major plot/thematic point? The internet causing people to do things, the internet impeding on reality, digital fears

The Private Eye, sorta...

bump

Best comic short story collections/anthologies?

1/3 So this is what I picked up today. I'm a fan of space stuff. So Adam Strange is a perfect example of that.

2/3
So at my LCS they also have really cheap books in the bargain corner. And that's where I found these Britsh Marvel books. The spines look horrendous compared to my other books. But hey, Secret Wars was $5 and the normal one was $40. So fuck that noise.

(Still bummed out that the fifth volume of R.E.B.E.L.S. was cancelled)

3/3 and finally I got almost all the Outsiders books. The only ones missing are Outsiders: Five of a Kind and the Teen Titans/Outsiders crossover. But they didn't have those. So I'm gonna get those online eventually.

Dammit, forgot pic.

Adam Strange is fucking great, but no Planet Heist? it's basically the story leading into the Rann-Thanagar war (and a thousand times better)

Couldnt't find it. I could've ordered it from them, but it would take like 4 weeks to arrive. And I'll just look online, and get it it within 5 days or something.

good, good.

let's just imagine another time that I posted my huge imaginary collection

Just ordered! Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters is also in the mail

Black hole is pretty cool user

Finally getting into Hellboy. Any tips for finding BPRD 3 and 4 in hardcover or am I too late? Everything else has been a breeze to find, it's just those two that seem to have dried up already.

dunno where you're fom but if you don't have many comic shops near you, browse shop homepages from further away.
which ones are number 3 and 4? I mean their additional titles.

I've just gone through the usuals, Amazon, eBay, Thriftbooks, IST, Midtown, and a couple LCS. I'm still new so I'm probably missing some obvious places. These are the first Cred Forums things I've spent more than ten bucks a pop on. And I'm right outside Boston.

It's BPRD: Plague of Frogs Hardcover editions of volume 3 and 4 I'm having a tough time finding for a reasonable price.

Too lazy to take a picture but:

>Hellboy Library Editions 2-6
>BPRD A Plague of Frogs 1-4
>Batman #3-7 (read 3-6, 5 and 6 were really gripping for me)
>Detective Comics #936-939(couldn't find 940)
>Green Lantern Corps(#3-5, #7)
>Suicide Squad(#1-2)
>Kim and Kim #2
>DK3 Directors Cut and Newbury Comics Variant cover
>Green Lantern: Rebirth

I'm looking to get into more comics other than Batman, where should I go after Green Lantern: Rebirth? Where should I start for Green Arrow? Were the Teen Titans palatable? Where is a good place to start for them?

yeah I searched around myself and it looks like you're out of luck, sorry.
amazon has them for like €100+ but I'd never pay that much and especially not to vultures, justifying their unreasonable prices to them.
don't give up though, maybe you'll find a shop that still has them for a reasonable price, you just have to dig harder.
and if really nothing helps, you'll have to buy the TPBs.

Just wait, that's what I'm doing. Dark Horse is usually good about reprinting the Library's, I'm sure they'll reprint BPRD eventually. In the mean time you can just get the soft covers of them.

Ah, well. I've seen them pop up around 50-ish on eBay so I'm not TOO upset. My home board's /toy/ so I'm very used to latecomer's tax. Paid a hundred fucking bucks for this bitch when she retailed for 30. Worth every penny.

Also, I meant Boston, MA, as in America just to clarify.

Just do what I did and pay 270 dollars for one.

You're waiting for nothing, BPRD Omnis are never gonna be hardcover again, they're not Library Editions.

So? They're still in demand.

Which is why they got softcovers instead.

My old LCS had all of Plague of Frogs there last time I visited a couple months back.
I've been waiting to go for them once I had actually read/bought Library 1-3 of Hellboy.

Am I the only one who's irked by the plain text on white background spines on all of Marvel's TPBs for new comics?

I've made my way through all of these now except for my new Complete Case Files and Bone: Coda.
I just finished the fantastic Dark Judges story in the CCF and I'm going to reread all of Bone before I read the Coda.

>picking up anything Gwenpool without Hastings as the writer
I hope you learned your lesson, user.

I got Faith for free as well. Read about 5 pages before closing it. Definitely not my kind of book.

Ok guys so I'm in a moral dilemma here. I want to buy some of the newer Marvel stuff as well as the upcoming reprinted past runs but I really don't want to give modern Marvel my money when they've been such a shit company lately. Should I just say fuck it and buy some Marvel HCs anyways? I was thinking of getting Ms. Marvel vol 1 and 2 HCs but then saw they're gonna be combining the two into an omnibus coming out in little over a month. Should I just get the omnibus?

If your big moral dilemma is that they publish stuff you don't like then that's not much of a challenge to overcome. Buy what you like.

Wait for the Omnibus in a month.
Get on InStockTrades. It's cheaper that way.

Your money is going to Marvel regardless. Your only other option is to buy used.

I hate buying used, most people who sell their used copies of books are savages who have no idea how to keep a book in a decent selling condition. My best friend thinks I'm picky but I refuse to have a book on my shelf that looks like it's been tossed across a room a bunch of times.

Recently bought Geoff John's N52 Green Lantern run. I also have the entirety of Soule's N52 Swamp Thing run coming in from IST in a couple of days. Can't wait to get into it. Some of the art I've seen here and there looks absolutely fantastic.

Bonus Blame! vol 1 master edition.

Should I get the elektra omnibus? Its on sale[\spoiler]

where is it on sale?

Sure. I didn't particularly find the story all that interesting or engaging, but it's worth it for the art.

Already got 1950 to 1960, spent all day yesterday building a shelf to further accommodate these that I will be getting in a few days.

i wanna buy my sister a good flash omnibus for her birthday tomorrow any suggestions

If you can buy it for cheap then sure. As it is it's very expensive considering the page count and apart from Based Bill's art it's...not that great.

The Rescuers is literally my favourite Disney movie - no joke.

>Blame! master edition
holy shit I didn't know these existed! it's... 3 of the original tomes per master edition?

any of them is nice so why not start at the beginning and take the first one by Johns then?

Vertical just started putting them out this week.
They contain about two original tomes each.

Show me the interiors of that Muscle Temple.

Only if you find it cheap

That shit is criminally overpriced

right part of that cover looks like the female reproductive system

bump

dark horse is releasing a new conan omni on my birthday

Just got back from Half Price Books.

link it please

darkhorse.com/Books/31-195/Conan-Omnibus-Volume-1-Birth-of-the-Legend-TPB

Wish they'd just reprint Colossal Conan.

I recently bought the whole Daniel Way/Jason Aaron Ghost Rider run, including the Danny Ketch mini series.

My one problem with the collection is that it doesn't have the Shadowland epilogue, but you can't have everything.

I'd be content if they just released these smaller omni in hardcover

>TPB
no thanks

same.

or that, yeah.

why dont they reprint omnis? do they expect everyone to already have the trades or do they just want to avoid pissing off the idiots who paid 1000 bucks for their oop copies?

Probably depends on what the demand is. Colossal Conan is a big book, it probably costs a lot to print a run of it. They're usually good about keeping Hellboy Library Edition's in print, but those are highly popular.

does it help sending requests for that to the companies? maybe they'll reprint them in HCs if enough people ask.

I was thinking about email Dark Horse and asking if they plan on reprinting the BPRD omnis in hardcover.

It might work with DH, I know DC really screwed people over a couple of times with the Starman Omnis and now their finally getting their shit together after years of complaints

> finally getting their shit together after years of complaints
Never mind it looks like they canceled it again

>Never mind it looks like they canceled it again

It's the third time, it's like they enjoy it or something

I keep seeing vol.5 of the Judge Dredd casefiles recommended around here. Are there any other volumes that are really good?

it's not volume 5 that is specifically recommended but from volume 5 onwards, since the stuff gathered in 1-4 is the early stuff that is basically just episodic, the lore isn't cut out yet etc while it becomes cleared from 5 onward.

yeah, watched it last night and I completely forgot how fucking snuggly that movie is.

Best of it was, I'd not seen it for actual decades so there was so much stuff I'd never noticed before. The transfer on the blu ray is stunning and compared to the old VHS I used to have of it it was like watching a completely different film.

just, hell

>dat music
>dat scratchy and rough-looking but super fluid animation
>dat uniquely grimy and subdued colour palette
>Miss Bianca's silky soft voice
>Bernard's adorable voice
>Dat subtle and understated romance
>Penny's surprisingly on-point VA
>Madame Medusa's crazy animation
>That cosy as fuck flying sequence
>the unusually down-to-earth villain
>Dat intense section in the cave

jeez, man. I didn't realise just how much I loved this move until I sat and watched it again.

It's good to see somebody else really likes The Rescuers too, it doesn't get anywhere near the amount of love it should.

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up Copra Round 1. Is it best to just order it off the Publisher's website? I live in Canada.

oh good, we're back.

Yeah, that was odd.

What is this Copra anyway? Wikipedia only gives me information about dried coconut meat.

It's Suicide Squad by some indy writer.

Copra's essentially a Ostrander Era Suicide Squad, published independently. It's pretty fucking amazing, and since we're never getting another Ostrader Suicide Squad it's all I've got.

Maybe. I notice that Forbidden Planet NYC doesn't even have it in stock right now.

well, nothing for me then.

If you get the skinny billys you won't have bowing.

Don't you guys hate having to rearrange your bookshelves every time you buy a new book that you have to fit in alphabetical order?

Thats one of the reasons digital is superior.

>Don't you guys hate having to rearrange your bookshelves every time you buy a new book that you have to fit in alphabetical order?

not really, no.

>Thats one of the reasons digital is superior.

Nope. Rearranging things in part of the fun.

You mean just pushing everything over to make room for the new book? It isn't that hard

no. I like it

I kind've enjoy it honestly. And it's not like it takes much effort.

I mean the row its supposed to fit on is full so you have to reshuffle subsequent rows to fit it in. That shit is annoying.

I just leave room so I can slot stuff in. You don't have to get prepared if you stay prepared.

Eh.

I enjoy it.

>tfw full shelf so I can't buy anymore books.
I have room in here for 2 more shelves but I'm worried what will happen in a year or two when those are full? Gives me a reason to make some money and move to a bigger place I guess

>look over my collection
>realize I have at least 29 series I haven't finished collecting

I really need to start cutting down on these, too bad so many of them are still ongoing or the trades are still coming out

I'm like that. The only series I've got full collections of are Preacher and 100 Bullets. I tend to mix and match series a lot. I have the intention to finish most of them, but I'm pretty far behind on most. I mean, I'm really behind the fucking 8-ball on Hellboy and B.P.R.D. because there's so much of it.

Yeah then you just move the farthest book to the next shelf and then go from there.
also
>tfw no one replied to my recent purchase

what site?

instocktrades

What's your most recent purchase.

These

That's InStockTrades.

Speaking of which, my orders

Yes it's best since you'd be giving money directly to the people who make the trades. Yea it's a little more expensive, but Copra is great so it's worth it. And you should buy all 3 trades and the 4th one when it drops next month.

Not familiar with that series. What's it about?

It's honestly not that much more than say, Amazon. Canadian Amazon only has the first in stock, and it's more expensive. I'd have to pay even more to order from the states.

That Howard the Duck omni is on sale for half price at my LCS. I almost bought it, but I've never read any Howard.

Go fucking get it.
It's really good.

This little girl's parents lost their money so they have to move in with her uncle who lives in a big ass house that the kids in the town think is abandoned/haunted. She's a weirdie that gets picked on so she doesn't hang out with the other kids and mostly stays at home. Ends up her creepy uncle is a warlock, she can do magic too and in the woods outside of town there is a place to go and visit a Goblin Market.
It's an all ages kinda book, very much like Harry Potter or the young stories of Hellboy but some messed up stuff happens in it too. One of her friends eats food at in the land of the Fae and is sold a king and everyone's just like "Yeah, sometimes that happens"

sounds neat

Sounds pretty cool actually. I might check it out.

I like em, I storytimed some of them once. The writer/artist does quite a few young girl adventurer books that are pretty good.

that volume 3 would bug the heck out of me

you sound lazy

Its 50 euros

That's roughly what I bought it for ($55) and while I thought it was a good read, it was really short.

I loved practically everything about Garret, and the art was beautiful, though I had to re-read a few issues to make sure I knew the basics of what had happened.

The other inclusions were decent, dumb, and dull with Bizarre Adventures, What If? and Elektra Lives Again, respectively.

I passed on it because I already have the HCs for Assassin and Lives Again, and I didn't feel the stories warranted a double dip. The are is top notch, but I'm fine with the versions I have.

Bought Batman #7 and Superman #7 today as well as Justice League Darkseid War part 1 and 2 in trades today.

Next on my list is finishing Batman Inc; then it's Tommasi and Gleeson's run of Batman & Robin.

I was thinking of buying the Justice League run in TPBs but I heard the New 52 JL was kind of shit?

The Tomasi/Gleeson run on B&R is well good desu

bump

New 52 JL is pretty good, you can buy it

I love everything you mentioned too. It grabs me from the moment of that song over the titles - one of the darkest and most emotional sequences in any Disney movie for my money.

bump

Cred Forums, you have to choose for me which omnibus to buy:
>Shang-Chi vol 1,
>Age of Apocalypse,
>Uncanny X-Men vol 1
>Howard the Duck
I was leaning towards AoA, but give me arguments which I should pick

Stuck in a hotel room so small the bed goes from one wall to the other, and has maybe 4ft of space between it and the far wall.

Should probably have bought some post-apocalypse books about living in bunkers for the immersion factor instead.

JL is mediocre, B/R is all around fantastic.

I'd tend towards Shang-Chi as well. The art is beautiful, it's a nice story and I doubt they will ever get reprinted after they sold out, in contrast to AoA and UXM

I know there will be four omnis, but is this correct?
>Shang-Chi Vol 1-3
>Deadly Hands

So this came in today. It's a little pricey as it's $30 and only has about two hours worth of content as well as the pamphlets shown in the picture, but I still think it's nifty and worth owning.

Any got recs for similar Cred Forums media?

A bit expensive considering the content and low page count

Shang-Chi, no contest.

>keep mental track of my bank account
>"okay, I should be able to drop this much on comics and manga and still have about 160 bucks"
>check account
>$38.76
>immediately have to pay a phone bill of $38.42

fuck me that was scary. Cancelled an Amazon order in the nick of time and sold some comics I was attached to, but I managed to get enough back until payday. I think I'm done with buying stuff for a few months. After a few more manga, that is.

Alright, Copra Round One's been ordered.
Think I'm gonna go look at Dark Horse trades.

I'm new to this

don't ostracize me :(

>no Loeb entry-level trash
you did all right.

Pretty good.

>The good Deathstroke
Nice, user.

Happen to know the diamond order code for Round 4? And yeah I really want to collect the Ostrander books, but I'm low on money and have a substantial backlog :(

Just my LCS, senpai. Didn't preorder or anything, just walked in the day it came out.

Memetic, maybe? Haven't read it though

It's changing for Secret Wars and ANAD onwards. Honestly though, the spines don't bother me as much as the shit paper and how skinny they are.

I actually really enjoy it.

My life. It's the worst when I'm low on cash and forgot I preordered something at my LCS and they expect me to buy it.

Unfollow's pretty great. One of the few comics I've read that handles social media well.

Latest acquisitions. Shelves are a bit of a mess because I'm running out of space so I don't have everything on them right now for some quick pictures but I posted them plenty of times in the past anyway.

>Happen to know the diamond order code for Round 4?

>saving up for comics
>computer starts dying

life is suffering

I've always been a bit of a DC fanboy, and never much of a Marvel reader, so I'm trying to branch a little more out of my comfort zone. Between Origin of the Inhumans and the Strange Masterworks, I'm already dying for more of Kirby and Ditko's work.

Also
>Long day at work, stop for a gyro on the way home
>Doom Patrol waiting for me in the mail when I get there
HYPERCRISIS IS REAL

Just make sure you wash your hands before opening the plastic

DO YOU THINK IS MY FIRST RODEO user. YOU TAKE ME FOR A DAMNABLE FOOL?

The Inhumans used to be so cool. Too bad Marvel butchered them...

This is Cred Forums, not tumblr

man, you got the cool covers. My LCS only had that pink cover one with the arcade cabinet and cast left by the time I got there.

Honestly, other than a few issues of Uncanny Inhumans, and some of the tie-ins I like what I've read of their modern stuff. It is kind of jarring going back to the classics with their more unearthly, regal vibe after getting the "we want the X-Men audience" treatment though.
I just wish I'd been able to get the Brian Bolland cover with Terry None and Cassie. I didn't know about it til I'd already made my order and it was sold out.

The way I typically see people handling their shit, I can never truly be sure

>buying a meme book

>the "we want the X-Men audience" treatment
That's a sure way of killing a franchise.

Platoon
More storytimes

www.hamiltonbook.com is having a pretty good sale right now on comics, they have some good stuff like DC One Million omni for $30.

fug. I kind of want to get a purgatori poster but It'd be awkward having it on my wall since I live with my parents

Gotta love those used book store. Got all of these for 8$-9$ per book. There was also a few Green Lantern trades I would have liked to get but I already spent quite a bit so nevermind.

I already read the first two trades of New52 Swamp Thing and I gotta admit I found it pretty bad. But it was a while ago so maybe I should reread those. Soule's run, on the contrary, got a lot of praise on Cred Forums so I'm pretty excited to read it as well as Animal Man which seems pretty cool.

The problem with N52 Swamp Thing and Animal Man isn't that they're bad, it's just that they're not as good as the incredible runs these characters used to have.

whats underneath the sticker?

>Forbidden

>You don't have permission to access / on this server.
>Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at www.hamiltonbook.com Port 80

I don't agree at all. Veitch's run sucked and so did Last Days of Animal Man. Delano had some great ideas but Lemire run was overall better.

Swamp Thing had Moore, but after that it's all downhill, some good little runs here and there but the two New52 are far from the worst Swampy runs.

A universe within.
Fuck me, user. I'm trying to save money and you throw this shit at me. Ended up spending $30 on the first two volumes of Batwoman and the Thy Kingdom Come arc of Johns' Justice Society. Been meaning to get both for what seems like years now.

>right now

They just have good deals in general. I got DC One Million from them for $20 and Absolute Sinestro Corps for like $25. I just bought Camelot 3000 from there for $10. Shit is ridiculous.

Went to a comic convention in Cincinnati on Sunday. Posting pictures of what I got there.

Finally found Daredevil: Yellow

Ooh, I need to look into that.

let's imagine for another time that I posted my huge comic collection.

I mock your taste.

Who /Eternaut/ here tomorrow?

>buying comics

>being this poor

>throwing money in the trash

>thinking that amount of money isn't change to be thrown away

Only neet shut ins say shit like this.

I am brother. I am hyped.

My pre-order was cancelled so I ordered it again two days ago.

>calling others poor
>throwing money away

Can you two queers just fuck and get it over with?

Shit man I use to have the paperback of this series, fucking loved it. Really hope they reprint it into a hardcover someday.

Well, fuck me I cracked.

If I wasn't a stickler for not buying off the internet I'd buy the hell out of those showcase books they have. Still might have to force myself to.

Posting recent stuff
1/3

ShortBox

2/3

Omega Men

3/3

Rachel Rising omni

Is Thy Kingdom Come 1-3 worth buying in hardcover?

Is Rachel Rising any good?

I'll read and let you know, Satan.

Thank you my child.

I grabbed vol 8 of FABLES. Plan to stop at 9 because theres no point in reading past the adversary's defeat

Thanks, user.
Copped the Plastic Man Archives for $15 each, saving $210.

The covers are what really drew my attention, they're so damn brutal.

This has to be too good to be true, these prices are crazy low, what's the catch?

It's been years since I read the arc but I remember liking it at the time. Johns Justice Society was my favorite DC book for a while in there.
Looks like the shipping is pretty slow for one. That said, most of these books they have for sale are older and not in high demand. I get the feeling a lot of these are just overstock they got for dirt cheap.

I think they are mostly clearance lot
They're not that slow. Website says "3 to 15 days" but last time I got them within a week.

I still can't access it
not that I'm necessarily planning to buy anything from them
does
mean that it's blocking German ISPs?

Why don't you own Maus 2?

Thanks user

Hype.

Ordered these
>Doctor Strange Omnibus Vol. 1
>New X-Men Omnibus
>Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu Omnibus Vol. 2
>The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus
>Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 3-4
but since Doctor Strange is pre-order, everything else is on hold as well. Oh well, it is only one additional week.

>The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus
I am expecting this in the mail soon,i've heard good things.

I've already read it.
It's pretty good. Spencer has been trying to recreate the same kind of comedy for a while now (first in Ant Man and now in The Fix) but this is still the best, imo.

Waiting for the reprint to ASM vol 2

I'm loving Vol 1

Why do they get thinner? For shekels?

Kek, wasn't expecting that.

Thinner ones are in color, I think.

After a certain point, they become in colors. In order to keep the books around the same prices (20$ or so), they had to reduce the price. If they had kept it at 500 pages in colors, each books could have raised towards a 50$ instead, risking a reduce in sales.

It's shit.

you're shit

Nope.

yup

Quality chat here, boys

thanks

Did the Zootopia comic get delayed? I preordered it with Prime shipping, but Amazon says it hasn't shipped yet while it should be arriving today.

Just arrived in the mail!

Bump

locke & key any good?

I enjoyed it, except for one weird issue with forced racial politics.

Overall really neat read

Yeah, he's right someone go make another Steven Universe thread, or one of those ones where neckbeard waifu faggots jerk off over childrens cartoon characters.... thats what this place needs more of!

It was a gift I got after someone finished a college course that required it. I've had it for something like 9 years now, and never felt the need to finish it.

It's
>Shang-Chi Vol 1-4
>Deadly Hands Vol 1-2

Then you should stop at 11.

That Strange omni looks so dang small.

>6 omnis
welp, better plan my budget from now

it is sub-400 pages iirc

Goddamn Amazon.ca really increased free shipping to $35 and over baka

Its bad enough that the prices are terrible for us here

amazon says 456
>COLLECTING: STRANGE TALES (1951) 110-111, 114-146; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) 2
but Strange Tales was a split book, so it's the equivalent of 18 or so regular sized issues.

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/27/amazon-glitchwatch-doom-patrol-silver-age-omnibus-16-86-instead-100/

Wait, he doesn't sign until 11? Damn. Oh well

Can't wait for payday.

Buying Goon #3, Planetary Omni, and maybe a few deluxes.

Any suggestions?

Do those Hellboy Omnis include the Hellboy En Mexico stories?
I just bought them in trade, I think Mignola mentioned that it's the first time they've been collected. If that's so, pick that up. They're pretty good stories.

hellboy in mexico is not collected anywhere else

Pick it up then, it's pretty great.

Here I was thinking I'd grab the Strange omni, but it seems that my Essential Doctor Strange v1 may collect more.

Bought volume 1 of Spider Man/Deadpool

Is it actually any good though?

I wasn't that guy, but I will, thanks for the recommendation

also, hellboy and the bprd 1952/53

Oh yeah, I have a question about BPRD. Where does Hell on Earth fit into the collections? It seems like it's a seperate book from BPRD itself, which do I read first? Or is it just an arc title and I'm over complicating shit?

it's chronologically set after hellboy goes to hell, as well as after mainline BPRD

just to be clear, by hellboy and the bprd 1952/53 I specifically meant the two trades called "hellboy and the bprd 1952" and 1953

Well sure if you just want to collect issues the essentials are fine, but they're in Black and White, and the line is discontinued so what's been published is it.

Alright, cool.

Holy shit, the Archives were next on my list of buys. An omni is great news.

Yeah - I expect they'll release Hell on Earth now it's done, in the same format as Plague of Frogs (and hopefully reprint a couple of those), and maybe possibly Hellboy in Hell + Mexico as another library edition?

Oh, and I was given the 75 Years of Marvel Covers book as a gift, so that was nice.

Where the fuck is absolute Zero Year, DC?

at hamiltonbook.com you can get both for >$15

Paperback versions though.

>buying digital comics
>not pirating digital and buying the trade

These Comixology sales are literally raping my wallet this month. First I spent like fifty bucks on getting the Sub-Diego era and most of PAD's Aquaman runs and now the Vertigo sale already got me buying the Beware the creeper mini, first volume of Sandman mystery theater and American Vampire, both volumes of Twitch, and all the Kev minis. I nearly went and got Vaughan's Swamp Thing too but stopped myself when I realized how much I've spent on comics already.

Who in the fuck would want to buy Zero Year in any format? Aside from you, obviously.

Zero Year was a recent Batman arc that sort of replaces Year One. Also at the same time, they did a handful of Zero Year tie-ins with other characters in their very early careers as heroes.

I'm so damn miffed I bought the Doctor Strange Masterworks volume one reprint over the omnibus. It ends five issues short of the end of Dormammu's debut storyline, and volume two has apparently been out of print so long it's going for several hundred bucks now.

No room.

Goon v4 is out mid-October, FYI

jelly

Just arrived

I think he means when will Zero Year be reprinted as an Absolute edition.
It's just the right length for one.
Oh god I want 5 years to pass so we can get Absolute Omega Men. I'll buy that book in any format.

it annoys me she doesnt have a fuckin nose... but sounds/looks neat

Got these this month. Sixth Gun Vol 2&3 on the way too.

Not sure what to get next, is the Strange omni gonna be good?

Literally just ordered those Blacksad books.

Generally, DC Deluxe Editions are pretty great, they're extremely sturdy and there is hardly any missing content at the meeting of pages (I'm sure there's a special term for that).

Dial H Deluxe edition if you liked it, collects Dial H 0-15 but I seem to remember there was a crossover with The Flash. Or did The Flash cross over into Dial H?

Solo Deluxe Edition

You seem to like Superman, try to pick up a Superman: Secret Identity Deluxe Edition, it's one of the comfiest Superman books there is.
The Superman - Secret Origin from 2011 or something wasn't so good but I really like Gary Frank's Art (pic related), maybe you do, too?
Or Maybe Superman - For All Seasons Deluxe if you like to give Loeb your money.
What about Superman vs Muhammad Ali Deluxe?

DC New Frontier Deluxe Edition

There's a Ronin and a Complete Dark Knight Deluxe Edition. Or how about Batman: Arkham Asylum 25th Anniversary Deluxe or Year 100 & Other Stories Deluxe? Ego and other Tails?

Crisis on Infinite Earths 30 Year Anniversary Deluxe Edition sounds nice.
Or maybe Multiversity Deluxe?

And if you ever wanted to get into Legion of Super-Heroes, pick up Great Darkness Saga Deluxe and The Curse Deluxe (in that order). Not sure how hard it is to pick up Great Darkness Saga, but The Curse is definitely still available as bound edition.

There are also some deluxe editions of The Incal, maybe take a look at them.

Thanks for the heads up on that Doom Patrol, user. Hopefully they honor the pre-order price when they fix it.

People who enjoy looking at Capullo's art in large format?
Hate on Snyder all you want, but the visuals for his story were fantastic.

It wasn't really a crossover in the traditional sense, aside from seeing the reason for one thing in another book. Just the Flash's powers aren't working for one issue of his series and it doesn't really get explained there, instead the reason is just that his powers were borrowed in Dial H for an issue.

thanks, deal works in Germany at almost the same price as well, I'll rather take a few Euros more to pay and getting it delivered in a few days instead waiting a month and maybe having to pick it up from customs (which happened the last time I ordered from amazon.com instead of .de)

read the "Special Offers and Product Promotions entry" and link. it's got the pre-order price guarantee seal, they can't step back from that. they always have to offer you the lowest price they ever offered between the time you bought it and the day it's released. So as long as you bought it now, that's the guaranteed price.

Now there's only the question if it's still going to be available or not. if you ordered too late, you're out of luck.

yes I remember how it went, but just not if you had to buy a Dial H issue to get the full idea of the Flash run or if you had to buy a Flash issue to get the full Dial H story. if it was the latter case then that's missing in that edition, that was my point, but it seems to be the former.

I'm just amazed they still have it listed as that price. It's even gotten a #1 Best Seller banner on it.

Sorry I didn't catch that. Yeah the Dial H issue and the Flash issue that make up that "crossover" aren't collected together at all. Except maybe if DC has one of those September type omnibuses since it was for a theme month I think.

Is Priest's run of Black Panther worth getting? I'm really enjoying his Deathstroke run so far, but I don't know much about Marvel characters.

It's arguably THE Black Panther run. Outside of a few earlier stories Panther's Rage for example it's the best the character's ever been written.

That's exciting, then. Both for reading Black Panther and looking forward to the future of Deathstroke.

Priest returning to comics in general is worth a goddamn parade. Have you read any of the interviews he did about writing for DC again?

I've read the ones about him turning down Cyborg since he didn't want to attached to a character just because of their skin color, and then what he's planning to do with Deathstroke over the next year. Shit's interesting

Oh yeah, those were the one's I was talking about.

>turning down Cyborg
Too bad. Priest could have legitimized the character.

True, but as he said, he's tired of being "the black writer"
It was actually kind of funny. He said when DC first called, they offered him Firestorm. He said he was onboard, he was interested in the character, then found out Firestorm's black now. well, half-black
Again, too bad. I would've been interested in a Priest Firestorm.

Came in today. It's nice, didn't expect it to be so thin though. Why are Marvel's omni's so much more expensive than DC's? This omni isn't even the size of New Frontier Deluxe Edition - which has way more back matter - at like double the cost. Same goes for the Shang Chi omni's, they aren't particularly thick, but are way expensive for their content.

Marvel has always cost more than DC it seems. Wish I read more DC just because it seems it would be cheaper to get. Although it seems some books are starting to get up there. As much as I love Batman and the Outsiders don't think it needs to be HC. Could have easily been a $25 book instead.

I do need to start getting into the Epic series from Marvel. So many series I want to get my hands on and read.

Strange omni is $50 at 456 pages
New Frontier Absolute is out of print for double the price for the same number of pages.
New Frontier Deluxe is out of print for double the price for 60 pages more.

DC's hardcovers have always been more expensive, ignoring their omnibus line which is atrocious compared to Marvel.

In the case for Shang Chi though, this is content that they have to remaster since there have been no Masterworks before to help cover the costs (this is why things like the UXM/FF omnibus line have always been so cheap - they recovered the costs of restoring them fairly early in the 90s). Also the fact that it's licensed material and likely only to come out this once, with no reprint in sight.

Marvel's omnibus line has been experimenting with thinner paper though - the original Omnibus are nearly double the size for the current ones, at the same page count. So even though it feels thinner, in reality it's just the weight of the paper giving the illusion.

New Frontier Deluxe was $50, Doctor Strange is $75 and like I said, New Frontier has tons of extra content, while Doctor Strange just has a cover gallery at the end.

>there is hardly any missing content at the meeting of pages (I'm sure there's a special term for that).
That's called "gutter loss".

7 issues of modern comics, supported by an animated movie and critical acclaim, kept in print and affordable following the publicity of his death.

Compared with a silver age title by a disillusioned hermit who wants nothing to do with Marvel and is only recommended by 30+ year olds, released in advance of a film that hasn't even come out yet.

It's just not a fair comparison, man, and it's certainly not indicative of DC being cheaper/better than Marvel when it comes to collected editions.

Also getting sick of this variant cover shit Marvel is doing with omnibuses now. Faggots are buying 10 copies of the good cover just so they can sell it on Ebay for double the price.

Absolute Top 10 was back in stock the other day on IST. I didn't think much of it at the time and now it's gone already. ;_;7

Goodnight bumb

Sleep tight user.

up

always worth digging this out

Damn.