How do you feel about drastic redesigns of characters?

How do you feel about drastic redesigns of characters?

Id honestly like to see a batman story where batman looks more like pic related without it being automatically treated as some super gimmicky elseworld experiment. Cape characters are at their best when you let a competent writer and an artist do their unique, one off take on something in its own continuity.

Why would batman wear a duster on top of his regular costume?

Cause people like the street clothes look for reasons, usually bad taste.

Not necessarily a duster. Batman with a longcoat instead of a cape is an interesting idea though. He is a detective afterall

While it might be a weird choice to have batman be a man suffering encephalitis, I'll allow it.

The issue I have with that idea is that if you drop the cape, you drop the bat wings imagery. That accounts for like seventy percent of the bat design, if you switch it for a longcoat he's not Batman anymore he's BDSM Elf Man

God. This costume. The palette. I could stare at this image for hours. I still can't believe we finally got him, lads. The Batman. Our Batman.

>How do you feel about drastic redesigns of characters?
Pic related

Superman is literally made for 5 year olds. The mistake is that manchildren couldnt let go so they kept making him darker to go with it.

The funny thing is that I'm 1000% positive that the thing you think Superman is missing is his red shorts. lol

>Superman is literally made for 5 year olds.

All comics were made for kids. You know this, right? That doesn't meant that they're still exclusively for kids.

so he can more easily get heatstroke

>Why would batman wear a duster on top of his regular costume?

Think about it: more pockets. You know, for storing bat-goggles and shit.

See
More pockets mean he can carry more heatstroke repellent.

Dunno about most redesigns, but I gotta admit that I loved Batman in a duster.

>More pockets mean he can carry more heatstroke repellent.

Bat-heatstroke-repellent.

Nah gimmicky elseworlds are the best

allows for freedom of writing and design.

This. I would love a Mad Max-esque comic where superheroes become wandering vigilantes and shit.

Isn't e2 Dick's costume a trench coat-type deal?

What are some of the best DC/Marvel elseworlds stories?

First things first, it has to look good.
Second things second, it has to fit the character.
Then you can break off into politics or whatever about what certain redesigns say about characters.

Batman probably could do with a long coat and not really break this character type but people would probably be disappointed that he'd become even less Superhero-y.

because they're badass, bro

I really need more Adult Damian.

FUND IT

>Marvel elseworlds
Age of Apocalypse
For the sheer ambition and METAL of it

That coat probably shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did. It reminds me when they put the gigantic coat on Raph in the first Ninja Turtles movie, which probably shouldn't be my point of comparison for your super badass 2cool4school karate fight with Batman.