"smartest man in the universe"

>"smartest man in the universe"
>is an atheist

Explain this bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A working clock is wrong twice a day or something.

Reed is a sociopath with self-diagnosed autism.

Hasn't he actually met God before?

Well he can choose not to believe as much as he wants. Doesn't stop the fact he's met gods and marvel's iteration of big G God more than once.

Which does set up this

Shitposting aside.
>literally met God
>is an atheist
Thanks Fraction, you good-for-nothing hack!

>literally have objective proof of Gods, Aliens, magic, demons and Angels.

>is an atheist

Top kek

What?

Explains the one Reed releasing a plague of zombies because it would make mankind more self sufficient or some such bullshit.

Intelligence and religious beliefs are unrelated.

Don't question my shitty metaphor

>all gods except Jesus clearly exist in their universe
>spiderman, reed, etc still atheists
What the fuck

Then why are all Muslim countries shit?

What we call a god he probably sees a scientifically explainable thing, that he personaly met, so there is no reason for him to believe in mystic or religious interpretations.

>except jesus

Then who is this guy?

Sorry, sir

Because they are all in the middle east.

That's stupid. If you meet God, it doesn't make it any less mystic

Mr. Terrific over in DC put it perfectly during Infinity Crisis when asked how.

>I'm on a team with a literal demon (that burns when he enters churches), and godlike aliens, I have no doubt higher more powerful beings exist, but that doesn't make them "holy" or worthy of worship and devotion. Just that they are stronger then man and have fantastic powers.

Peter a Protestant or something. He's also met God and he told him to chill about Aunt May and everything would be okay.

Then he goes and makes a deal with a devil that sells off the soul of his yet to be born daughter.

To that I wonder how Kamala would handle meeting God.

Save he legit brought Ben Grimm back from the dead that God who at the time looked like Jack Kirby.

Political corruption and lack of resources. Shitty leaders makes for shitty culture, which then becomes ingrained in the the public consciousness for future generation. Plenty of non-Muslim countries are shit for the same reasons.

>Oh no, the gods are real, so religion is wrong.

Smartest man in the Universe right there.

So he doesn't think worshipping the creator of reality is worth doing when that's literally what he created you for?

I thought he was a Humanist.
It doesn't matter if God exists or not to him, he just wants humanity to grow beyond what it is and make us all super-human things.

Spider-Man should still be a good catholic boy.
It was nice seeing the moments where everything was quiet and he'd just thank God for whatever good things he had at the time.

The "Hand of Creation" in DC didn't make life to worship it, that was something dumb weak-willed mortals decided "it" wanted.

Back in the golden age of islam the muslim world was developing math, medicine, physics, science end economy far more advanced than europe at that time. They turned to shit now, it is true, i dunno why, I suck at hostory, but it wasn't always like that.

Nowadays Peter rolls his eyes when people thank God and has fedora tipping conversations about how science is superior to illogical belief.

What went wrong?

And the creator of reality would say "Do as you will, for that is my greatest creation."

Slott. I'm fairly sure he didn't start going the way of tip till Slott took over.

The guy writing him thought only atheists are smart people despite Reed being, at his heart, a relentless explorer and, yeah, having actually met God.

Reed doesn't have to BELIEVE in god or a religion but telling his kids there's no afterlife when he has been there and busted his friend out of one is ridiculously out of character.

tldr; Hackman doesn't give a fuck about characterization, big surprise.

You forgot your name and trip, Boco

Maybe he believes that we were created on accident or that the purpose of creating man was something else. If God is divine, how can humans hope to fully convey his messages through their teachings? Because they're so inferior, any of them attempting to do so is inherently flawed.

The "Golden age of Islam" was the peak of their civilizations. Islam decided that was the perfect place to stop progressing, whereas Christianity was open to reform and could thus adapt and evolve to suit modern times.

For you and me a any real person who can't possibly compreend it's existence, it does not.

For a impossibly smart comic character who can science everything up, it may.

He made a deal with a devil. So he's fucked.

The crusades happened

Slott

He also said black people were created from mud and that fags should be stoned to death

People who are writing him associate intelligence with condescending atheism and attribute it to every character who's depicted as intelligent.

Blame the guys who push for that to be a thing I guess.

I won't say you are wrong because, like I said, I know shit about history. But I doubt that's how it happened

Wasn't theirs to start with. Stolen from either the Babylonian, Persians or Alexandrian lands.

Gonna have to give some reference for that one.

It was more the Mongols, I think. They were the ones that literally ripped irrigation and infrastructure out of the ground because they didn't realize how fucking important it was. The crusades and subsequent pissing matches between some islamic and european states seemed like pretty normal warfare.

>Aliens, magic, demons and Angels
That's irrelevant to atheism. You can believe in all of those things without believing in gods, provided the words are defined in a way that doesn't require gods.
It wouldn't be the *common* definition, but there are several fictional settings where powerful spirits in a higher dimension come into existence from something lower (ascended mortals, collective psychic fields, etc.) as opposed to something even higher than that.
If anything, personal experience of a wide variety of superhuman beings who aren't gods would make you MORE skeptical of those who claim to be gods, not less. Especially when the latter have jobbed to the former.

What he said was recorded by humans who have personal opinions and biases, and gets further interpreted and changed with each translation. Just because a religion teaches something doesn't mean that you should accept it blindly.

Good point

I don't know there's sort of an issue when these higher powers also have links to afterlives. Provable links like fucking being there links.

The fact that angels and Demons exist is indicative that God and the devil exists.

>I know what the creator should think
Literally arrogance.

To be fair, the mongols fucked them up abit aswell.
But many of these progresses were in fact developed before Islam in other provinces. The islamic rulers were however great at gathering knowledge. The numerical system for example originates somewhere in India and was brought into by muslim rulers.

Technically you could believe they're just imposters

Or they're just beings from other planes CLAIMING their boss is the "one and only big dick Gangsta" that did it ALL and you should believe use because we're stronger then you, basic human.

And they can do all that shit they claim angels can do, and the whole heaven thing, and a few heroes have met THE god.

Man created God

Nigga I thought Ed and Jet trapped you in your Oculus Goggles

>can do all that shit they claim angels can do

The list of things "angels can do" = "things humans that fall in toxic ooze/genetics/read-in a magic book" = "natural alien/outside planar beings' abilities" in DC and Marvel make their claims just as bullshit.

Do you KNOW how many geek gods Super man and Wonder Woman punch out? Nyx and Gaia, Uranus, and the rest are just super giant beings that claim to BE existences, is EVERY belief true?

>boundless possibilities of discussion
>shitposts

Explain this bullshit

Age of Ultron technically never happened, so that ONE SINGLE stupid issue where he said that that you fucking memers keep bringing up over and over is non canon.
You're welcome.
Fuck Fraction's F4. FF was god-tier tho

Reed BECAME god so of course he doesn't believe in God

It's because he isn't

> the whole heaven thing, and a few heroes have met THE god

Asgard is a floating alien city, every avenger has been there, Hel is also a place being travel in and out of, what's your point?

>FF was god-tier tho
Magic of Allred making people ignore shitty script and focus on the funny pictures again.

Except for the correlations that link the two in inverse proportions.

>It doesn't matter what we do = what we do is all that matters.
Isn't that nilism or some shit?

Wonder Woman is a product of the gods. Just because you can beat up a god doesn't mean they're not who they claim to be. Mortals beat up gods in mythology all the time.
Yeah you can effectively describe aliens/extraplanar beings on similar terms but that's sort of semantics is it not?
So the whole atheism thing is pretty stupid with proof of an afterlife.

What would you even call your "religion" at that point. Obviously following any of the organized religions would be as stupid or more stupid than atheism at that point. After all, why follow a holy book and traditions passed down by humans claiming to know what's up when the real thing is around?

Just like that one comic where a new religion formed around Thor's super-heroics. People started meeting, and dressing silly, and acting in the will of their holy figure...when Thor himself could just show up on the news the next day and tell them that's not "his will" at all.

At least is no a batman hate thread

>proof of an afterlife
Which one, and how do you think you get there, even if you could? Because one misinformed human claimed you can get in one way while another says the opposite? All while 10 differnt factions of super outer-beings claim THEY know the answer?

Well if Thor does that then they can stop because it's not his will, if he doesn't they can keep going on because worshiping a tangible god seems like it could lead to obvious perks. I mean there's a handful of Greek pagans in Marvel, like that hick who raises Hydras for Ares.
Worshipping in your typical religions is pretty much the same as it always was though. You worship because you have faith it's the truth or the morally correct religion.
Pick one and try to live by its tenants, maybe try to curry favor with their gods or do nothing, who knows but saying it doesn't exist is dumb.

Peter is from NY, so he problably is a mix of believes with a, probably catholic-lite overal take on morals.

Kaine is catholic.

You get triggered way too easily. If anyone deserves any kind of hate, it's someone as horrifically overrated as batman.

Pretty sure his point is that you will not be rewarded or punished in some afterlife, so what you do now is important.

Nihilism is nothing matters, now or ever.

OP was talking about Fraction

I like Ultimate Thors reaction to Ultimate Peters death.
Assumes he went to the halls.

Nihilism seems like a shitty code to have to be honest.

Such as...?

>inb4 cherrypicking

Nihilism stops at the first part. No matter what you do, there will be no meaning to it. Instead of making meaning for yourself, which is what the paper says, according to nihilism there cannot be meaning in anything at all.

You don't seem to understand what Nihilism is. It isn't a code, it's a way of life.

>who knows but saying it doesn't exist is dumb.

Tossing a dart at a wall of lies and guesses is dumber.

Mr. Terrific and Mr. Fantastic have the right idea, assume it's all bullshit, give yourselves to science, and be a great person to the world, morally and has a superhero that saves lives, this God-worship is for the stupid and cowardly.

No you fucking idiot, we don't need 20 threads a day about any character.

I'll bite. How are any of the scientific studies that show, in general, populations with lower IQ are also more religious, "cherry picking"?

What lies? It's the truth the souls are there, you've seen and talked with them stupid.
Assuming it's all lies is bad science if there's a modicum of proof that it could be true unless you disprove it. Reed saying there's no hell when he's been to realms very much like Hell in both appearance and function makes for a very stupid scientist. Saying there's a possibility it isn't is fine but denying the possibility it is outright when you're surrounded by beings that can do what Gods can is absolutely retarded.

Seems accurate to me. The smartest people in real life (e.g. members of the National Academy of Sciences) are overwhelmingly atheists.

I know this triggers christcucks, but that's how it is.

>have proof that God exists
>suddenly obligated to worship
Nope.

Okay, I guess I misread your post. The uneducated will look to religion for answers that can be provided scientifically, yes. I don't mean to dispute that. I thought you meant that great intelligence presupposes a lack of faith. I was mistaken.

But that's only because there's literally no evidence for gods or the afterlife. We live in a world where nothing points to the possibility of divinity or an afterlife. Whereas Reed lives in a world where he's surrounded by evidence that supports that possibility and proves the existence of life after death. As for the idea of a creator deity, he's the father of a being who creates universes under his bed sheets.
No but he's obligated to believe.

Atheism means you don't believe God exists, nothing to do with worship

>Franklin looks all depressed in the last panel even though his dad gave a perfectly fine answer to his question, not even condescending or insulting anything/anyone.
Shit son, 0/10 would travel back in time and abort the little faggot

>I thought you meant that great intelligence presupposes a lack of faith

Well, not on an individual level. There will always be exceptions. But on average (in our universe of course, not comics), yes that is one of the things I was implying.

He's 10. the idea of God in more abstract forms pervading existence on all levels is sort of a lot to take in.

>Gonna have to give some reference for that one.
Uhh....the Quran, duh.

>Shit son, 0/10 would travel back in time and abort the little faggot
>implying Franklin hasn't already done that

The absurd arises out of the fundamental disharmony between the individual's search for meaning and the apparent meaninglessness of the universe.
If God understands men, how comes he relies on spiritual apprehension rather than proof?
Why are people born with innate and different ideas of God?

>Why are people born with innate and different ideas of God?
Are they?

In DC it's cringy to the maximum, because they have a literal God as in God of the Covenant, God that incarnated in Jesus, God who made Heaven and Earth.

In Marvel you have the highest cosmic being, Who is the Creator, but doesn't have to be associated with religion at all.

>how come he relies on spiritual apprehension
Because that's the important shit.

Yes
MU's God is Jack Kirby

WE

kek, rewriting Aristotle on physics isn't exactly the "development". Also
>far more advanced
I want this meme to end right fucking now, who do you think invented, for example, glasses? Franciscan monks. And it required an uncanny development of optic science aka knowledge about light. Christ, differentials of functions were invented in XIV century for assessing how much grace was given to the man

>This meme again.
He ended up converting to Catholicism at the end of the story you illiterate retard.

>(((National Academy of Sciences)))

what do I care?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

this is Wikipedia, sure it's not the best source, but Bacon, Gassendi, Pascal and Newton alone balance any fedoras in today's science. And they're just the tip.

You don't need to believe in God when you become God...

Isn't Spider-Man a jew?

>is an atheist
>at least two gods regularly live across the street from him

Dumb

Pic related.

So you are saying that God has self-esteem issues?

That's not really atheism.

In 1610, 616 Peter is a Christian of some sort, they did this To solidify which type of Christian he was. user just saw a shit posts in a thread of a page that lead up to this cent where he questioned if God was real.

Scene*

He's Franklin Richards, frankly it feels weirder if people don't write him as a fucking know-it-all. He always felt like this kid who was way too smart for his age (and suffering the consequences).

His dad's basically saying there IS a Santa, and he looks as if his puppy just got ran over.

To be fair, that happened after his kids got eaten by She-Hulk. Dude clearly went insane with grief, looking for the virus to be some kind of ultimate thing because it made the death of his children have meaning.

>live on the body of your god and can go look him in the face
>is an atheist

Retcons are a helluva drug, man.

Not everybody can be a horse-faced alien cyborg atheist.

Some people have to be terrible human beings and give the movement a bad name.

>Retcon

The entire point of Age of Ultron was that nothing was canon. The other point was that Marvel sucks at time travel.

Primus may be a higher-planar organism that created your race, but that doesn't mean you need to worship it.

>Implying TOAA isn't still in charge

Warlock and Thanos look at you with disdain

I don't feel like OP was making a point about the obvious existence of gods, monsters and demons in the Marvel Universe, I think he might have been shitting on atheists. if thats the case go back to buddy lol

>believing some alternate-dimension is hell just because it's poof ruler wants you to think he's Satan
>implying seeing it should lead you to worshipping any earthly religion

>Pascal
His Wager is some weak-ass logic, so clearly religion was just dragging him down.

>Newton
you mean the guy that believed in alchemy and tried to find the date of the rapture?

>((()))
>what do I care?

Not an argument. Nobody gives a shit whatever you care or not. Atheists dominate the intellectual elite, period. Like I said before, this simple fact triggers christcucks like you.

>we wuz scientists n shiet

Top kek

I mean...here comes something I always thought of. In their universe, what's the difference between a god/God, and an immensely powerful being? We have people who gained super powers via technology like sentient cosmic cubes, people like Galactus, literal gods(Who get their asses handed to them by 'mortals'/overpowered by non-gods). Some also seem to be a personification of their realm, but so are some mutants, and superpowered people.

If Reed believes in a strong being, who's omnipotent, and can control everything, and anything. Is that just a being with a lot of power, or is that God?

>m-muh hugbox

kill yourself faggot

This. Even the various ones that have called themselves Satan have a different history than a personification of opposition against god or being high rank who doubting the leadership and rebelled.

So, does that mean he doesn't acknowledge Thor and all of Asgard? ...or just as gods? Isn't Jack Kirby also considered the Marvel Universe god?

>The entire point of Age of Ultron was that nothing was canon.

That's kinda the point of all cape stories. Even within a running series, a switch in writer always creates a new universe.

nothing to say really, bait harder next time

Butthurt as fuck

>implying I'm the one baiting
Pascal's Wager has some merit if there were only one religion, but the existence of other denominations of Christianity alone makes it more like Pascal's Roulette, let alone the existence of other religions.

Even with all that Reed and the rest of the Marvel heroes have seen there's still no evidence of any Earth-religion being right. If anything, it points to people having been fooled into starting different religions based on what some alternate-dimension wizard told them.

He's simply much better off just saying he's an atheist, instead of having to explain to everybody why he's not an atheist but all their shit is still wrong. Because when it boils down to it he's never going to agree with another person's idea of God or an afterlife, since half of them have no evidence and half of them have quantifiable extra-terrestrial/dimensional origins with moral laws tacked on by humans.

Pascal's wager still doesn't hold any merit even if there's only one religion, because any God worth his salt would tell the person to fuck off when they showed up for the reckoning and they'd really only been "believing" due to the wager. Why would a man who didn't kill because he was afraid of ending up in Hell get the same treatment as the man who didn't kill because he saw that it was wrong(not because he was afraid of punishment), when the judge can see into their souls and know why they chose not to kill?

Any God who'd let Pascal Wagerers in is clearly a pussy.

>Fraction's FF

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>being an adult
>still believing in the Christian God

Pick one

Depends. Pascal's Wager is fine if they do start genuinely believing at some point, even if it's not for a few years down the line.

Anyone who does PW and just gives lip service and doesn't actually make any attempt to be genuine about his belief is most likely going to be screwed though.

Reed has literally met God.
Over in the X-Men side, Beast is friends with Scott and Kurt, who had been to Heaven, and a shitload more of his friends had all kinds of helltime adventures.

For either of them to be atheists is just willful ignorance.

>believing that you've really been to heaven or hell when there's twenty different dimensions with portals to your dimension, all who look like hell either because of random chance or because the powerful beings inhabiting the dimension specifically wants them to look like hell to put fear into mortals
>not being critical of any being calling itself God, when there's hundreds of creatures claiming to be Satan

Since Cyclops has regular access to the Punch Dimension, does that mean they should all believe in and worship the Punch God?

This isn't about Earthly religion it's about being a flat out atheist.
Well if that alternate dimension has the souls of the damned what exactly would you call it?
What's the logic in claiming that angels demons or gods are impossible when you rub elbows with people who've shown those feats are far from impossible? Theorizing that the alleged divine are just metahumans or aliens posing as such is valid but the theory that true divinity exists is just as valid.
Does he have dominion over the souls of fallen punches?

He acts like a nervous jew but nope, he isn't a Jew.

Souls are real
Afterlife is real
Gods are real
Sin/Karma is real as in accruing it actually does force your soul to go through shit after your body's dead

Hell, the only argument (the one that isn't being made here because it's 2deep4capeshit readers) is that you don't have to believe and trust in something supernatural if all that stuff is factually true and absolutely part of the world.

You can be an atheist without questioning the existence of souls, afterlives and sin/karma having an effect on your soul. All of those things can exist without a god, they're just generally tied together for no good reason. 99% of the gods in the Marvel universe are nothing but advanced races claiming to be divine or powerful magical users, with an ordinary origin, harnessing other people's souls for their own power. Something Reed himself (or more likely Doom)could do if he set his mind to it. Reed could just handle souls like yet another field of science to be studied.

Having Thor running around getting punched by some superpowered bank-robbers doesn't exactly persuade anyone to start believing in Gods.

It's known that all humans were created from mud in islam

Ya didn't understand the argument.

Faith is something you have towards a claim you can't possibly test to accredit its truthfulness, but the truth of religious teachings, the afterlife, the soul and the teachings of sin and punishment and rewards for good deeds are all material facts in capeverse, so having faith in them is like praying to gravity to pls pull down the apples today and hereafter forevermore.

Actively disbelieving in any of them is like being an Antivaxxer - it's both dumb and dangerous to the community at large, especially since higher powers do visit punishment upon and grant protection to humans.