Better than any Disney film released in the last 5 years

Better than any Disney film released in the last 5 years.

Fight me.

>running around in a swamp for an hour
>turning the cute main character into a frog

It's shit.

Great movie honestly, a little simple, that's all

>Implying trying to ape Dreamworks is better.
Trash-It Tommy and Zootopia were good, just not renaissance-tier. At the very least I place them on the levels of Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, and Meet the Robinsons.

Hey man, she was still cute, just... A frog.

Ummmm no.
>plot is pretty far strech fron reality. Even for disney movie.
>black people in the south only eat gumbo, ever.
>swamp adventures made poorly
>musical parts very pretty average at best.
Only redeeming quailyy is it had best villain. On par with ursula imo.

This movie could have been so much better. What the fuck disney

Meanwhile I'd place Tangled, Frozen, and Big Hero 6, on Black Cauldon, Atlantis The Lost Empire and Brother Bear's level seeing those three are examples of missed opportunities.

Wreck-it Ralph and Zootopia would like a word with you.

Don't forget the death thrown in to bait some tears. Like anybody gave a shit about that inbred hick firefly.

The parts where she's actually human are decent, though.

See

As someone who has actually seen Dreamworks movies, you are wrong and should actually watch Dreamworks movies so you can appreciate them for what they are.

At least Disney actually had balls to permanently kill him off which they lost.

Zootopia had Frozen-syndrome. It was an alright movie and I liked it, but it's way overrated for no discernible reason.

Really? I feel like most of my normie friends haven't seen it or didn't care for it, yet they'll praise the shit out of Frozen.

>Sharktale
>Madagascar
>Over the Hedge
>Flushed Away
>Bee Movie
>Turbo
>Home
>Deserve to be appreciated

>not liking Flushed Away

That's the joke I was making.

Extremely memorable movie. No idea why it flopped.

I agree that Tangled, Frozen and Big Hero 6 were mediocre, but Disney did make Ralph and Zoo which are both on par with the renaissance flicks except the music which is shit

>No idea why it flopped.
Probably to do with having a black heroine.
And no, I'm not joking, some people actually turned it away because of that reason.

Frozen is only popualr because of that one fucking song.

I liked Zootopia, first really good movie with talking animals since 90s. But now no one cares, except for few guys at Cred Forums.

> tfw you realize you like Randy Newman

>And no, I'm not joking, some people actually turned it away because of that reason.

What a stupid reason. Make characters likeable, make story interesting and i'll watch it regardless of protagonist's skin colour.

It was bad an boring.

Eh, if anything:

>2D animated movie in 2009
>released a week before Cameron's Avatar

Disney just misread it's audience and was BTFO

It didn't exactly help how they just glossed over the whole social status part that would be expected in a movie that relied so heavily on having the first black princess in its promotions, especially since they didn't set it in a random magical kingdom or in the modern day but firmly planted it in a historical setting(with talking animals and magic). You had the people who wouldn't watch it because she was black, and then you had the people who heard about how they fucked up the black part and so stayed away as well.

>implying they didn't set it up to fail to justify abandoning 2D animation
Just like when they released that Winnie the Pooh movie right around the final Harry Potter movie.

>cute main character
lol no

The music was bomb as fuck.

>both directed by Rich Moore

based man.

Wrong. It was better than the films that came before it, but it was thoroughly lackluster. I suspect your claim is based on the fact that this is traditionally animated while other didney movies have been cg animated and not based on any actual content, characters or music all of which it was lacking in.

In the end, 3/5.

Animation wise? Maybe. CGI has grown on me recently.

But on the whole? No. I way prefer Wreck-it Ralph.

Only song i can think of was friends from the voodo side.

The crazy swamp witch song had potential, but no.

Same as this underrated masterpiece, then.

I do think it's underrated, but it's far from perfect.

I would put both Tangled and Zootopia ahead of it.

It was nice to see an African American princess, but it felt like the writers were so afraid of offending anyone that the movie ended up being bland and forgettable.

Dr. Facilier had a great villain song and Charlotte was a fun character, but that was about it. I would have liked to have seen Dr. Facilier get more screentime.

I fucking hate the look of those shitty animal sidekicks

It wasn't marketed very well. Based on some of the trailers, it looked like Lotte was the princess with two frogs and several other swamp creatures as her singing animal entourage.