Vote Loki storytime

Here, have a storytime of Vote Loki: a comic that, despite its shit art, manages to be pretty politically neutral and decently funny even in Marvel's current climate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sJFlcba7x9Y
www119.zippyshare.com/v/Lj9w1Bio/file.html
www6.zippyshare.com/v/PFjFg1jr/file.html
www27.zippyshare.com/v/gxcPd2Y3/file.html
www15.zippyshare.com/v/Q647Y5mA/file.html
youtu.be/nRp1CK_X_Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honest clarification: I say it's "politically neutral", and it is, in that it criticises both Trump and the establishment politicians that have annoyed the public to the point that Trump is welcomed and celebrated.
It doesn't even comment on policy or left vs right; its criticism of Trump is mostly based on his tendency of making empty, meaningless statements and getting by on antics and bluster rather than any genuine political positions. I would've voted for Rubio or Cruz, but fuck Trump.

Of course, that could just be me reading into things too hard. Loki is a third party in this, after all.

Based Hastings has yet to have written a bad comic.

Oh is it over?
I only ever saw the first 2 get storytimed.

Yep. I don't think many people care about it, probably because of the art.

Is this suposed to be 4 issues or something.

If you believe politically neutral is a good thing when a guy like trump is a candidate, you might want to reconsider your values.

The real crime is that this art just isn't right for this book.
This book needed much brighter colors and less detailed people.
This art is better fit for a book that is meant to be a mind trip with stuff like the world being folded in half or people crawling out of the mouths of other people.

>give american snakes a pen
>dat burger gun

sides: gone

Honestly. This. The art does not suit this book.

As I said. It's politically neutral in that it isn't pro-Democrat, anti-Republican. It's pretty much anti-Trump, pro-literally anyone else.
That's half the crime. The other is that Loki just looks ugly as opposed to "viking hipster who's been living in a dumpster for three weeks" from the end of Agent of Asgard.

Yeah, it's not bad art, just a bad fit.

It's like a 20 issue run of The Punisher that looks like Steam Boat Willie.

I dunno, it's pretty bad. It isn't a style that's right for the book, but it's also just not very good art.
Sorta like how Erica Henderson's style fits Squirrel Girl great, but her art is also shit and keeps deforming hideously.

Everyone in the party hated cruz more than trump. They hate trump but they fucking despised cruz. rubio wasn't much better. honestly the only canidate i liked was berney and thats because he was optimistic and felt genuine. Qualities neither current canidate has. I hope hillary and or trump die and their vps are considerably better.

One user messed around with the coloring a but and the art became a solid 8.5/10 that fit perfectly with it. Really just needed to be more vibrant.

Didn't an user up the saturation on this page to add color trying to make it look better?
I feel like that's something that happened.

I still think its bad art but it can suit a more surreal story.
Some folks say this is this artist better works and thats honestly is sad.

True that. Even if I don't agree with his policies I admire Bernie's integrity; I might even have voted for him. As-is, though, I'm probably going to end up voting for Shillary just to keep Trump out of office.

Jeb was ok.

As with real life. I say Marvel should let this go all the way and see where it takes things.

Alterative is more of the same. Eh why not.

>president Loki status quo for 4 years

I'm cool with this.

Not really im from florida the guy was awful.

Remember when Colbert won the presidency in the Marvel universe? And then had it taken away because of some shit about Marvel's presidents corresponding to real life?
Me too.

>honestly the only canidate i liked was berney and thats because he was optimistic and felt genuine
>optimism
Nah, blaming everything on "the rich" isn't optimism.

"""felt""" genuine is right.
My God what a wonderful retirement package he made off with.

Polite sage for off topic

Twelve years. That's how long it would take to get through a term once Bendis gets involved.

Out of curiosity, why not Kasich?

Loki sends the USAvengers on all sorts of Madcap missions against AIM and HYDRA.

Frankly, I'd take literally anyone who isn't Trump as nominee. I just hate the bastard.

Texas here, he was better than Rick.
BTW, how is he still on Dancing With The Stars? I had bet he would be the first to go.

He had a consistent position that he kept for decades and that's about as genuine as you need a politician to be.

Well the alterative would stick in their craw more than letting Loki have the office.

>USAvengers
>against AIM

Oh boy that would be awkward meeting when he is told they are the same thing.

>It doesn't even comment on policy or left vs right; its criticism of Trump is mostly based on his tendency of making empty, meaningless statements and getting by on antics and bluster rather than any genuine political positions.
But the last issue shows that Loki actually would try to change the country for the better and would be able to do it by manipulating and dealing with Congress, but loses support because people didn't want to hear about how he'll be getting policies through and only cared about meaningless rhetoric about "destroying the system."

>shilling for Lockheed-Martin
>genuine

We interrupt this storytime to bring you a reaction image.

and used that buy out money from the Clinton Campaign to get a nice new THIRD home.

And when it was reviled that the race was stacked and fixed against him from the start he just tucked tail and hid.

He tried to rally for Clinton recently.

But barely anyone showed up compared to his primary numbers.

so it's not neutral at all, shocker

wow that's an awkward action panel.

>Congress
>Doing their job

Yea this is pure masturbatory fiction.

THICK

they realized that "HAHA DRUMPF" didn't go over well last time, so they just made this a "heh heh, drumpf"

>buzzfeed is hydra

Yeah, I'd believe that.

>Politicial supporters actually being aware when their politician is dodging the questions without concrete answers
What is this fantasy world?

Considering how close we are to Trump, it doesn't seem too bad of an idea to strip the president of some powers while we still can.

That office has gained more power than what was intended anyway.

So there you are. Prez was better. Oh well.

It's just another way Marvel Civilians are completely unnatural.

Say what you want about the art, I love this page.

I stand by my word that this artiest needs to be put on a mind trip book.

You'd have to make them do their job. Good luck.

RON PAUL 2016

>BeLIEve
Metal Gear Solid 2/10

>now that someone I don't like might be president, I think its time we strip the office of power.

it doesn't really work like that, you can't tone the power of the office to suit how much you like the winner.

I went into this book hating the art but the more I read on, the more I loved it.

I think my reaction was entirely due to the Tradd Moore bait-and-switch the covers felt like.

Fun fact, there is a real possibility that Texas could go blue.

Someone save this image and let's compare it to reality on election night.

youtube.com/watch?v=sJFlcba7x9Y

>my state voted for the god of stories
Feels good?

Does anyone happen to have this?

>Bishonen animu Loki doesn't poll well with women
What?

Yes

Well, now we know who won in Marvel and who Loki was talking to here

Oh forgot 2 states. Oh well, they don't really change anything.

If you make a neutral political comic, then you didn't make a political comic.

Kasich was my guy, but now that it's Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I'm voting Gary Johnson. The two major parties can come back to me when they have real candidates.

>DOOOOOOMMMM
nice

>Groot drinking alcohol through his finger

:)

>Rubio, Cruz, Trump.
On the political spectrum of my country, all those guys are far right politicians.

better than a dying old lesbian any day of the week though

>UP is blue and LP is red despite both being Michigan.
That isn't how how voting works.

Left and Right are relative positions. Only useful in terms of another object.

Jesus Christ, I recognize the photo reference. Why the fuck would they use that?

Is that fucking Rorschach?

Just how I like my women; short hair, huge eyes, and a mustache.

If a candidate is winning states in polls they should definitely be in the debates.

>CHRISTOPHER HASTINGS
>writer

This comic was by the guy who created Dr. McNinja? I genuinely didn't know that.

>I would've voted for Rubio or Cruz
The only republican candidate that wasn't awful was Kasich and he never stood a chance.

What about Carson?

You'd be right. Someone did it in the storytime for the issue on this and a couple other pages and it really made everything significantly better. I think the pencils are generally fine if a bit wonky on the faces sometimes, but the coloring job was just not a good fit.

>now that it's Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I'm voting Gary Johnson
My nigga! Me too.

Well, what's one more person selling everyone lies in this election?
We all know the Reptilians make all the decisions.

Cry more, Cred Forumsmblr.
Prez was better at being progressive propaganda, sure.

He's also the writer of Unbelievable Gwenpool

That is advanced levels of wasted vote. Third parties are not populated enough to win on the national level. At least with voting main two you can pretend it mattered.

The art is killing me.

No, Johnson probably won't win this election, but if he gets enough votes Libertarians will get funding next election.

>It's like a 20 issue run of The Punisher that looks like Steam Boat Willie.

Goddamn it, now you've made me actually want to see a Punisher comic that looks like Steamboat Willie.

So I don't know anything about Angela, what's up with the payment thing?

I see you there, Loki

All the "angels" of her realm are basically mercenaries. Everything requires compensation. No deed goes unpaid no matter how small or trivial. Since she saved Loki's life, Loki had to repay the act somehow. So Loki repayed her saving his life with confirmation that he was behind the HYDRA attack, then Nisa had to repay Angela passing on that info to her by getting Angela a subscription to the Daily Bugle.

dat Janet butt

I agree, Groot, this was silly.

Solidus was right. If his plan didn't involve nuking Manhattan off the grid he'd have done nothing wrong.

Vote Loki 01 (of 04) (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www119.zippyshare.com/v/Lj9w1Bio/file.html

Vote Loki 02 (of 04) (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www6.zippyshare.com/v/PFjFg1jr/file.html

Vote Loki 03 (of 04) (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www27.zippyshare.com/v/gxcPd2Y3/file.html

Vote Loki 04 (of 04) (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www15.zippyshare.com/v/Q647Y5mA/file.html

>These people Lie when you're away
>I'll lie to your face
That's solid

I have a feeling this whole thing ends with Loki explaining that he is a manifestation of people's beliefs and stories and there's a little tiny bit in all people that want the whole system subjected to chaos. Loki blames americans for creating his campaign.

It's only politicaly neutral compared to the chick tract class things like MODOK trump and whatever the hell the Captain Falcon guy is doing.

You CAN do that, but historically, it doesn't end well. Democracy means that people who don't agree with your ideas are naturally going to be in charge a LOT of the time.

Trying to shell game that away because you don't like a localized result is jut begging for bigger problems down the road.

Executive overreach has been growing ever since W though, and neither party has done anything to stop it.

This was fun.
We had fun here today.

The contrarian in me wants to hate Loki for his teenage girl/tumblr MCU popularity, but between this, JiM, Agent of Asgard and Young Avengers I honestly have more Loki books than Thor books on my shelf...

Don't hate something you enjoy because people you hate also like it. That's giving them power over you. Just enjoy it, and then go jack off or something to cool off.

He looks like such a skeevy bum here.

>that last panel
Bill Berry called, he wants his face back.

You mean because Austinites are fucking everything because they're hipsters from Cali?

I mean, he has a point. All that shit about him being a different Loki sounds like bullshit.

Please clap.

20 years in Marvel time!

Why exactly is the art shit? It's clean and not fussy or over-rendered; there are some problems with facial construction and expressions but it is by far some of the least offensive, actually pretty good, capeshit art I've seen in a good few months. Reminds me of Seth Fisher.

Man this is fun book, down to at the end where still unknown if grand plan or or just mid-life crisis whims to entertain himself, how much was actually planned, and reflecting extremism justifying themselves on vague statements. Plus the religion freedom bit was fun. Wonder why religions that are close to dead in our world are not more common then you can have lunch with their gods.

It's the colors, they need to be brighter.

I liked it a lot, too. It's an unusual story, and the premise of Loki running for president and seeing some success and the media circus surrounding him perfectly captures that "Has everyone but me gone insane?" feeling Nisa's going through, so a surreal art style works.

Thanks for the storytime, OP. I've been meaning to check this out since I've dug everything Hastings has done so far. This was really cool.

Sounds like that other story with the girl and the futuristic crappy politics

literally every political comic is trash

>As a Democrat, I feel like my opinion should matter in Republican primaries.
If you aren't planning to vote for him, anyway, why should you care who the Republicans nominate?

Great storytime.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Shine on, crazy diamond.

So what you're saying is it's not neutral one fucking bit.

>Cumberland
I know it's not out of the question since it's in MD, but that's also A) the author's hometown and B) where Dr McNinja is set.

I think you mean that awesome meeting when he reveals he knows exactly who they are after several arcs of them attacking each other.

We've kinda of been doing that since Nixon and Obama's entire term was him getting cockblocked by the GOP until this past year when he weaponized all the red tape they were making/using on him against them.

I can't say I know why this is happening, but it MIGHT have something to do with Trump biting off the dick of major members of the Texas Republican party while every other candidate were in line to give free blow jobs like they have done for years now.

>hastings
Well duh. The guy's not a hack

>weaponized all the red tape they were making/using on him against them.
As someone that doesn't follow American politics, could you explain how?

I don't follow it much either but remember when Obamacare and a few other things went through out of nowhere?
I had to look it up and speedread to refresh my memory as well.
Basically a common tactic is to add bullshit amendments utterly unrelated to the topic of legislation to something being passed in the hope that it either go through without being noticed or that will be so god awful that the people who want the original bill/atc/etc to pass can't reasonably let the legislation go through. That's how things like it suddenly becoming legal to kill animals in all of the wildlife preserves out of nowhere happen.

A fellow senator basically shoved so many irrelevant but unharmful amendments in that there was apparently no room for the GOP to ruin the act/bill with something nutty (like anyone receiving insurance must hear a lecture on abortion or something stupid like that, "accidentally" legalizing rape/etc, or banning 90% of the planned recipients from getting it) before it went to the next stage.

TLDR Obama was able to shove that thing right past any objections as the GOP didn't have time to utterly fuck things up.

Trump would be amazing, for the sore anuses he would cause. It's like Brexit, it's a chance to give them all the finger.

My friends and I have convinced our immediate neighbours and community to vote, to 'make Hillary sweat a little'. But if Trump wins? Wonderful!

Good reaction pic

Don't be retarded user
Texans will never vote for hillary, and they sure as hell won't ever be blue anytime soon
Reminder that they thought Texas would be blue in 2008 and 2012

>and once again, Whor did absolute nothing.

heh

>dat ass
>dat underwear peeking out
Someone needs to commission Frank Cho to draw her.

>he was Ross Perot the whole time

Yes, and in relation to countries like Germany all of those three would comfortably fit into the NS parties.

>Executive overreach has been growing ever since W though, and neither party has done anything to stop it.

It's been like that since the Civil war. Roosevelt. Truman. It's not suprising at all that people try to take more power.

There isn't enough support for undoing that though. It's like Ron Paul, and that's about it.

THICC

>Changes into a woman
>so they can make a gag about being the first female president
This comic is pretty damn smart, actually. And the art is damn good, OP, I don 't know what you were complaining about.

Maybe it will take Trump getting elected. Something they all fear to make them act.

Loki looks like a skinny Hanma Ogre

>politically neutral
>current marvel
This i gotta see

You really think the art is that bad? The one in that post is the only page that isn't packed with detail. Honestly, I quite like it. Someone's obviously put a lot of love into it. And I've always liked an artist who isn't trying to churn out your standard superhero shit.
I think the colours are plenty bright enough.

>so close to a pepe Loki
With the attention Pepe is getting in the news, will we be getting Pepe covers soon?

Interesting fact: the vice president of the USA used to be chosen by whoever got the second biggest number of votes, before the party system became the norm

>no matter the issue, I stand with you
Fuck, this is good stuff. "Brexit means Brexit," anyone?

>lol wouldn't it be funny if we fuck everything up xD
It's not just 'giving them the finger', it's a serious decision with very, very serious consequences.

He wasn't even going to nuke Manhattan, just detonate a low-yield nuke above it so the resulting emp would've shut down wall street.

Good, we need them.

>IT WAS ME NISA
>IT WAS ME ALL ALONG

Because he's literally Hitler, right?

America is her home, but is she a citizen? No. And whose fault is it that she's stuck on Earth? Hers. She was the one that wanted to invade Earth and help Carol push her fascist policies.

>"Oh, no!"

Okay, that had me laughing really hard there. Charmingly absurd.

Alas, Hiddleston isn't an American citizen I think so not sure he's quite allowed to do these kinds of things.
youtu.be/nRp1CK_X_Yw

Damn, that's an impressive scene transition.

10/10

>the two parties can come back to me when they have real candidates
>I'm voting for Gary Johnson

Holy shit, just jerk off in your bathroom on Election Day. It would have the same amount of impact.

But if Gary gets that 15% then he'll get that fed funding. Which is ironic because libertarians hate the idea of the government spending money on anything, so it makes a joke of a party become even more of one.

Yeah that's not going to happen. He's pulling more from Hillary than Trump so they'll make sure he never gets close to 15.

Yeah man it was breddy gud. Hardly so-cutting-edge-you'll-injure-yourself-from-reading-it but refreshing enough to pique my interest in contemporary capeshit yet again...I like the topicality and the tongue-in-cheek vibe 'cause it's a change from gritty po-faced bullshit, it's kind of fun. And like I said I do like the art quite a bit, like I said it's like Seth Fisher or a less-stylised Ulysses Farinas. Holy shit, something a bit FUN, y'know.

FEMALE THOR EVERY TIME AHHHHHHHHHH

This was an idea from NPR, actually

Everyone got the reference, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

>the screw right next to it
What did they mean by this

This whole "living idea many lives" thing sounds a lot like earth x

Loki looking very kennedy-esque

Is that guy stealing their garbage

He's dumping it on their lawn.

>Honestly, I quite like it.
Yeah, but it is still a miss match.
It would be better with something like Adam Warlock or anything involving drugs.

He would damage this country badly, but I'd almost look forward to the backlash it would cause. Almost, but tipping the supreme court the wrong way is far harder to fix. I prefer Hillary winning this time around, securing a liberal court and probably losing to whatever putz they put in to oppose her four years from now.

thanks Obama!

Thanks congress! They are supposed to actually vote on war activities, who knew?