Is She-Ra a magical girl?

Is She-Ra a magical girl?

naw man, she's ALL woman

No because she's not got to balance heroism, school and family.

If to you "magical girl" means "has a magically appearing costume", then yes.

So are the Power Rangers though

I'd totally be down to Sentai in frilly dresses.

She's too metal to be a magical girl.

She's a magical WOMAN

What happens when magical girls grow up?

Hard mode: No mentioning Madoka.

Her powers come from a magical item/wizard/sorceress , like he-man. which is kinda like Shazam.. so, yes? i think?

>adora was a major general in hordak's army
>kidnapped by rebels, given false memories and then sent to earth (because no one stays dead in MotU)
>powers resurface before memories
>so she is on an heroic hunt for the evil leader of hordak's forces
>darth_revan_twist.jpg

I thought that her world was more interesting than He-Man's.

Her backstory was more interesting as well.

Not even close. Eternia and He-Man has better supporting cast, better villains, barbarians, warlords, wizards, cyborgs, Lovecraftian monsters, dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts, alien creatures, crazy vehicles and technology, snake men, goblins, who are fighting for the greatest power in the Universe, magic against science in a cosmic Game of Thrones.

Nope. She-Ra's story is just a common plot that has been 100 of times, and basically a stwr wars rip-off. He-Man's story is far more original.

If she is, then wouldn't that make He-Man a magical boy? They both get their powers via magic swords.

...Now I'm wondering what Cred Forums characters would count as magical boys. First that comes to mind is Billy Batson/Shazam, but other than him?

Why mention Madoka when Symphogear did it better?

Not to mention the O.G., Cutie Honey.

That's all magical girls are. Either sentai heroes or super robots in frilly skirts.

Quite a few. You've got to remember that the transforming magical warrior archetype is just a subset of magical girls. Though it has, admittedly, eclipsed the other versions in terms of popularity.
Aren't Precures more Kamen Rider?

AND THE PROM'S TOMORROW

Huh. Okay.

>Aren't Precures more Kamen Rider?

They are not. They lack a lot of the key stylistics that most KR even the modern ones have such as the Riders powers having a connection to the monsters/antagonists (because KR were and are monsters that fight for justice) and they lack the lone hero element (which has been slowly scrapped overtime in KR)

Yeah, but they do tend to toss in a lot of Rider references into Precure when it comes to things like poses.

They become magical milfs

SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S A MAGICAL GIRL!

>SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My first thought.

She's a Master of the Universe.

>This wasn't your first thought.

Shame.

Yeah they do

>fighting for the greatest power in the Universe
That is a thing that I never understood. What exactly is the Power of Grayskull supposed to be? What does it do?

According to the MOTU mythos, Grayskull and consequently Eternia, is the place where it can be found the last fragment of the magical power that created the Universe, the Starseed. Its power is immense, it can literally erase entire worlds if it falls in the wrong hands, and even destroy the entire Universe (as Skeletor and Hordak have shown, when they took over for certain period the Castle).

No she's not. He-Man wasn't either.

I kind of like how she was raised by the bad guys and in the end decided to be a good person.

I also liked how the IDW comic also made held her accountable for the deaths she caused and gave her guilt for it once she found out about Hordak's deception and how her actions caused people to suffer, they also made her strive for redemption and to actually want to help people with none of that "She was always good, Hordak just hid his evilness from her all these years" BS.

The only strange thing was adding the daddy Skeletor thing to her origin.

Fuck I said IDW, it was DC

maybe it's a tech tree...a magical girl eventually upgrades to a princess of power.