What would it take to for cartoons to resemble this again?

What would it take to for cartoons to resemble this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMf2OXJcvhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hasbro and Hannah Barbara owning a monopoly

Nothing could possibly make it happen because networks have learned by now that they can spend less money on animation for the same return.

amerifats pay taxes for cartoons?

Member detail and effort in cartoons?

Member when cartoons were made to sell toys AND YOU FUCKING LOVE IT!?

Member when cartoons had cool music.

Member when cartoons didn't have noodle limbs and weren't pandering to SJW's?

you posted a screencap of a feature film budgeted movie

Better?

trump winning

I member!

delete this

If I didn't say it, would you have guess this was from the Rainbow Bright movie?

Remember Bobby's World?

Every generation hates the media of the current generation.
Also they get selective as fuck and forget the 2 Avatar series, 3 transformers series, Gi Joe Renegades, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, 3 Bat-man's, 2 Avengers, 4 Spider-man series (including Spectacular) Star Wars the Clone War/ Rebles and many many fucking more high budget animation TV series happen in the last generation.

In short: You are a near sited retard.

Yes but that is because I grew up with those shows.
I would expect a 25 year old to guess half the shit from the 80's much like I'm sure the young adults of 2020 won't know half the shit of the 90's

You do realize that these were animated by japs right?

Most animation is from Asian countries
I don't know about now but the Simpson's first 12 seasons, Family guy's first 5 and American Dad's first 3 where all animated in Korea.

Yes. I loved it when American cartoons were outsourced to Japan.

this belongs in Cred Forums

>tfw Mighty Orbots
>no toys to sell
>just outsourced to Japan with a budget

>tfw cancelled forever because Tonka sued them because "Or-BOTS? Sounds like GO-BOTS to me!"

You mean Korea
Japan used to outsource a lot of their animation to Korea because Koreans would do the same work for less than a Japanese employee. As Korea's economy has improved, their work became more expensive, and so Japan started outsourcing more of their grunt work animation to southeast Asia.

Korea still has an experienced animation workforce and the tech infrastructure in place, and while more expensive than China or southeast Asia, has a much higher quality. For American studios, it makes good economic sense to outsource animation to Korea.

The scene in was a Korean studio

Son the dream was Galaxy Rangers
High budget
Big theater actors
Big name animation company
2 major British music companies made the music

youtube.com/watch?v=hMf2OXJcvhI

The toy line was made years after the show so the plot was very structured

It was like the Halley's comet of cartoons.

But muh Gary Owens

A similar budget and time frame for production.

But I still love to watch that movie. I even have the score.

I'll see you Gary Owens and raise you Jerry Orbach

Half of those are irredeemable shit.
EMH was God's gift to man but got canceled to make room for more irredeemable shit.
I short: you are just a retard.

The destruction of CalArts.

>Half of those are irredeemable shit.
So most of the high budget 80's cartoons what's your point?

>EMH was God's gift to man but got canceled to make room for more irredeemable shit.
Yeah that's never happen before
It's not like Gi joe switch companies from Sunbow to cash grabbing DiC
Or Transformers didn't shamelessly try to recycle their old episodes into new series, -twice-
Seriously none of this shit is new. Every Decade it's the same song and dance it's just we want to see our childhood garbage as the best garbage

>Or Transformers didn't shamelessly try to recycle their old episodes into new series, -twice-
It's amazing of all the bitching TF fags do they never seem to get mad at the stupid puppet mess that was Season 5 or that awful CG edited show called "Generation 2"
Both were beyond shameless

To be early 2000s or the 80s

Go play devastation of you're so assblasted about "muh G1".

G1 didn't even have that good animation and the design in the first place. The artstyle was clunky and the animators tripped over how to animate them a lot of the time.Its main claim to fame is being babby's first mecha animation; Macross:Do you Remember Love came out two years before it and looks way better.

>people actually think the west was good at animation at all
The Japanese always had them beat.

>Member detail and effort in cartoons
>In transformers
>Post a pic from the movie

>OP asks what it would take for high-budget cartoons to return to prominence
>Topic is shit up by faggots bitching about modern cartoons and anime

>EMH
Overrated and forgettable, wasp was the only salvageable part.

>Transformers g1
>high-budget cartoon

>implying basically every good Japanese animation head wasn't a huge westaboo and guaranteed disney fan

Art gets created on cycles of people taking inspiration from different people.

The best Japanese animation didn't even take influence from Disney though.

Why are the rest of them just standing around doing nothing instead of engaging the guy ripping them to shreds?

One reason is "panic at holy shit there's an enemy unit in the middle of our ranks" and another is because they don't want to make things any easier on the enemy via friendly fire.

>Member detail and effort in cartoons?
>While posting a movie screencap
Transformers was poorly-written, poorly-animated crap shat out by writers who didn't give a shit about it. Nostalgia is making you delusional.

They're fresh off of the academy recruits getting their asses handed to them by a soldier with actual combat experience.

>Ghibli isn't influenced by Disney

>ghibli
>best
>not TMS or IG
lmao

>Ghibli is the best Japanese animation
It's like i really am in middle school

DYRL and G1 both came out in 1984 and one was a big budget theatrical feature film while the other was a low budget syndicated toy commercial made by hacks who were just in it for the paycheck

Start making japs animate our cartoons again.

fuck off with your shitty leddit meme

Not really.

Opening of Transformers: The Movie is one of the most pure Lovecraftian things in cinema.

Watching Gundam.

I actually really like G1 character design.

The movie was.

You actualy have really amazingly bad taste. They were drawing the most unappealing shapes possible for toys that were never made to be living beings or characters. The friendly kid character had roughly the same visual language as the main bad ugy. Simply souless.

I don't see any of that as valid complaints.

>all that detail
>for a scene that will show it for maybe 5 seconds at the most
>even if it was going to be wasted on a low-resolution SDTV at the time

WHY DOES THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR KILL THE GREATEST OF PASSIONS

you can thank toei for that detailed sequence