What's your opinion on this shit Cred Forums?

What's your opinion on this shit Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

harveyjames.tumblr.com/post/143735873863/theory-frank-millers-recent-work-is-good-but-it
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit

not even good shit like ASBAR, but actual shit

Underrated treasure

Everything is garbage except the Atom petri dish scene. That is amazing.

A lot of people say it's bad so I'm saying it's bad too so I don't get made fun of.

I enjoyed it a lot

Haha, look at this nerd.

It fucking rules. It's like MAD Magazine shit, I love it.

I also love how weirdly optimistic it is. The old guard and the new blood, working side by side to make things right again.

Better than Dark Knight Returns

Fucking garbage, but oddly enough, worth reading at least once. Like a slow-moving train crash, you want to look away but you can't.

That was Literally me reading this fucking shit.. waste 15 min of my life

It's a trip. I would never regret having read it. The final fight between Batman and Dick is super gay and I liked that.

It gets way too much flak for not being DKR and really nothing could have lived up to that. Strikes Again is more a Superman/JL story in my eyes and is also Miller trying different stuff in terms of art. I see why people don't like it, but I like all of Miller's Batman stuff

Comikino

Cred Forums pls

It's pretty great, despite haters. Dat opening with Ray Palmer.

Unreadable shit with 90's tier mspaint gradient art.
No thank you.

I re-read it recently after not bothering after its initial run, it's a bit better than I remember now that it's compiled.

Saying that, the MILLER dialogue IS killing me on THIS one. THIS one. It's so prevalent.

Prevalent.

PREVALENT.

Superman made Wonder Woman his bitch, to the point where she even wore his "S" as emblems to show off that Superman had marked her as his, and then they had violent super-sex that killed tons of innocent people.

Shit was cash.

It has been pointed out that the digital coloring gives the comic a more psychedelic look than was probably intended by Miller. It was the colorist's first time using digital stuff and she went a little overboard.

James Harvey did a whole series about how different color could better convey Miller's tone with DKIII.

harveyjames.tumblr.com/post/143735873863/theory-frank-millers-recent-work-is-good-but-it

I actually really like it, but part of that is cause I read it before I read Dark Knight Returns

Forgot to add that Superman dicked her so good that when Superman creampied Wonder Woman in mid-air she could just tell right then that she was already pregnant with his child.

It's one of those things where you go "I can't believe they did that!", but DC actually published this and it is just awesome for that mere fact.

It was supposed to make fun of how gay Robin and Batman and then there was Dick saying the jailbait line about Carrie and how she and Bruce were gonna fuck

Interesting, and I agree. A more pop art approach to the colouring gives it so much pop

I get why people don't like it but the abrupt changes in writing & art style accurately reflects how the DKR universe (and own own) has changed since the villains have subverted the culture creating a more manic and frayed zeitgeist.

The whole thing read like nasty divorce. In true Miller fashion, it managed to be mildly anti-homo, and real homo at the same time.

most underrated joker

like how the dark knight returns made fun of how gay batman and joker are?

God...just. god...I hated it, the Batwank, the Dick character assassination, the batwank, the Superman character assasination, the batwank, the Green Lantern character assasination, the batwank, the, the batwank, the batwank, the batwank

DKR invented it if anything, to take away from Batman and Robin relationship
Same thing with Carrie having neglectful parents rather than dead ones, so it's more apparent that she wants and sees him as more a father figure

I liked it. At least it's something different. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. I do think the colouring is great; it's fun, it gives the comic a unique feel, and it suits the OTT tone of the story.

I'm reading DK3 Master Race and it's just so generic and boring. It reads and looks just like every other fuckin comic book for pre-teens. it's the first capeshit comic I've actively followed in years and all it's done has been reminding me of why I stopped reading capeshit in the first place

my point being, I could recognize a page from DK2 from a mile away, but I cant tell a page off DK3 from any of the other 12 Batman mags out there

The colouring is a fucking mess to the point certain part later you just can't make up what you are seeing. The art is like Frank just gave up, everything that was good about the art in TDKR is missing, basically due to lack of effort, lines are too wobbly without the tickness from TDKR that gave it the definition. The plot is pretty bad, not incomprehensible like some memers like to say, but paced horribly in many ways, I like the JLA stuff with old Flash, Plastic Man and Elongated Man, Ollie and the Question (who I'm pretty sure is Jimmy, which makes me wonder why they haven't done that in the main continuity yet), but everything else is just a dud.

Its amazing, like a madder, more fever dream version of TDK but about the whole DC-Universe.

Fantastically bombastic.

What you mean by this... "Batwank"?

Garbage, but I like to read garbage sometimes.

Why was Lex Luthor some mutant gorilla?

They weren't gay until the dark knight returns, silly user

>the ultimate Cred Forums basic taste litmus test

dick wanted to wank batman

>the Green Lantern character assasination
ASBAR has the Hal assassination. TDKSA Hal is a will god and wrecks shit

But stupid Hal is best Hal and he was the nicest person in the entire book besides Alfred

It's almost unreadable. It's jarring that the guy who wrote Daredevil's best run and Year One wrote TDKSA and made the Spirit movie.

theres 2 sides to TDKSA:

The haters and the contrarians

don't remember much except really really enjoyed the art

I don't rike it!

i had to drop it after a point

there's so many sections where the art is completely incoherent, i had no idea what the fuck was going on half the time

It's a decontrustiction of his previous work.

it's pretty great flaws and all

In ASBAR Hal was literally one of two or three characters who weren't completely shitty people.

only dickfags hate it

politically charged tripe that became impotent outside of context of 80s

"Mildly anti-homo and real homo at the same time" is basically the reactionary motto.

It's a mess with some okay ideas, the only good part was the question.

Pretty bad, I can still sorta enjoy it, but it's on a "LOL look at this shit ass webcomic about Sonic" kind of way, not an honest MST3K/The Room love like ASBAR or Odyssey.

this

Edgy tripe from edge lord.

Captain Marvel just sitting around with gray hair reading a book was perfect.

That's a brilliant link, thanks user.

Consider me among those that like DKSA.