youtube.com/watch?v=E8gDvbsYd0Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
youtube.com/watch?v=ct-rFVpsW6s
youtube.com/watch?v=P5y1iUouMw8
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I cringed so fucking hard. Fuck matt groening.

As much as I want to shit on new Simpsons, they're just helping out another popular show by promoting their new season. It's exactly what happened with Rick and Morty.

At least with Rick and Morty it focused more on them and not the Simpsons.

A dead show copies another dead show.

I kinda liked the song

when are the new AT episodes coming out?

Nice job making an Adventure Time couch gag while nobody has cared about Adventure Time in like 2 years.

>while nobody has cared about Adventure Time in like 2 years.
Sup rock lover

What? You think the Rick & Morty couch gag wasn't desperate enough?

>Zombie eating zombie.

Not surprised really. They started to do tributes in pop culture through couch gags this decade. I don't get why you guys are so buttblasted over that.

I liked the fact Pendleton Ward actually sang it rather than some cheap impersonification.

The Guillermo del Toro intro, The Bansky intro and the Don Fitzerald one are still my favourites. Especially the Don Fitzerald, since it's also a critic on current Simpson.

I wonder who was behind these posts?

I'd say it's been even longer than that actually.
It was at its peak from 2010 to 2012.

Yeah man! People care about SU, Star Vs and The Loud House. Those are the true shows popular enough to be recognized by The SImpsons according to Cred Forums

It's just Cred Forums being cynical. If they don't reference something recent Cred Forums would say they are behind the times. But if they do reference something recent Cred Forums calls them desperate.

You know that some e-celeb isn't the only person in this world to have a different opinion than yours about a show, right?

>I don't get why you guys are so buttblasted over that.
Because its not a flavor of the month like Steven Universe or the Loud House but a award winning popular show.

Yeah he forgot contrarians too

>yfw we get a Steven Universe Couch Gag in 10 years

Matt actually likes Adventure Time

>"What time is it?"
>"Time for you to shut up!"

Matt hasn't worked on the show since 1992 (Season 3) and probably has no idea this is happening.

see
Matt has openly stated that he loves Adventure Time and that's the reason why Rick and Morty got a couch gag was because he stated that he loved that show as well.

I always love those "voice actors talking to themselves via two roles" scenarios.

Why did they put an upper lip on Finn?

Don't they have the smae writers this must have been easy to set up

>nobody has cared about Adventure Time in like 2 years.
what about children who don't post on Cred Forums?

>implying children aren't already here

Eh. It could have been good.

Eh, really did nothing for me and I still like Adventure Time. It was so slowly paced and awkward.

Nice AT gets more recognition though I guess?

How would they see it? It's not like they show it on CN anymore.

You mean Hertzfeldt.
And yes it's the best.
youtube.com/watch?v=m78gYyTrG7Y

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
I watch this and I feel nothing but sadness.

>the monorail is in the trash.
ha fuck you too.

They're not going to be watching the Simpsons.

Every Simpsons and Futurama character has an overbite, no exceptions.

cool

Wow the animation in this is horrific, when did the quality drop so much?

This would have mattered back in 2011 when AT was at its peak. Now it seems kind of retarded since both shows are pretty much dead.

umm...excuse me? these shows are considered milestones of the industry so shut up and go back to your inferior shows

pretty cute

That was true once upon a time, but that certainly isn't the case now.

why was this so disappointing. WHY?! you had 15years to think of a plot for this crossover! this should have been a concept writers played with in their off time for shits and giggles because what if's are great. this should have been something full of thought, full of love and care.

The FG crossover had more substance and bite to it than this one.

I'm still so fucking mad.

There is a lot of things to cringe about in simpsons lately.
This is not one of them this is pretty funny.

How long until
WE
ARE
THE
SIMPSONS

Funny how?
Where's the joke? It's just a thing that's another thing and neither are very good things anymore.

When SU becomes relevant outside Tumblr and this place

Wait, shouldn't Marge be Lady Rainicorn, since homer is Jake?

congrats, you just put ten times more thought into this than matt goaning did

There wasn't any keyboard typing in the background.

Down-thumbered.

Why because you say so?

>It was so slowly paced and awkward.
Yeah. All this Couch Gag really did was emphasize how choppy the animation on modern-day Simpsons has gotten.

And I've never been a fan of imitating the 'Adventure Time style' by throwing in noodle arms and calling it a day. The designs throughout were just an eyesore.

and wouldn't it make more sense/be funnier if homer were Ice King? and Lisa or Mill house were Jake?

twenty times

agreed.

I was being sarcastic

Points for getting Penn to sing the intro, even if he is phoning it in, desu.

he was phoning it in cause he wanted it to fit in with the rest of the half-assed show

this show needs to fucking die already

Is Adventure time even still popular?
It used to be fucking huge, it created a whole subculture, but I don't see anyone talking about it for 3 or 4 seasons now

>i cringed xd
let me get some baby powder for that sensitive skin of yours

when did Cred Forums abandon this term?

Guys, I finally did it. I have reached the very bottom. It's pitch dark here...

But wait! My headlights lit something up. It is... holy crap, I can't believe my eyes!

Shut up, cringe isnt some sjw shit you retard

The last Adventure time episode to get over 2 million viewers aired in february of 2015, it doesn't even reach 1.5 now the fandom, both adult and the targed audience, pretty much abandoned the show.

The simpsons is incredbly late to make this gag

S.Korea

it's weird that it won two emmys recently. AT that is.

If you haven't done so, read the comics in pic related. They did the crossover between the shows a whole lot better

Ah the old Emmy argument. Remember when the FOPtrollposter used to use that as an excuse to say AT was shit? Now that it finally has, the roles have been reversed (not like it matters in the slightest).

Award shows are bought out anyways senpai why even bring that shit up. Research the Annie's, Golden Globes, etc. and you'll see why.

>Blaming Matt Groening
Blame the actual fucking showrunner.

It is super weird
AT wasn't just a popular cartoon, it was a cultural phenomenon. I used to see people with Finn shirts all the time, pretty much anything you slaped the characters face in it would sell, I knew many adults who watched it regularly, and not just weirdos like the people on Cred Forums, actual, functional adults who saw cartoons as boring or to kiddy before they saw AT

And now no one cares about it anymore.

it's not an argument. i just don't know why it was submitted to the emmys for consideration.
i had heard that AT has not been good and hearing it earned two emmys the other night was a surprise. Why had the previous better seasons not won?

It was just odd, is all.

It's like every dumb fad from the early 2010s.
Adventure Time, Homestuck, MLP. All the same shit. Incredibly popular for a year or two but dead now.

It's so weird how that happens. Same thing happened to Phineas and Ferb.

It feels like no show since Spongebob has really stuck in the popular consciousness, despite AT and P&F being Spongebob level at their peaks.

Maybe when people go back and watch old episodes of AT and P&F, they aren't as memorable and don't pack as much of a comedic punch as Spongebob did?

Nobody knows homestuck outside the internet, and MLP was just popular among very "special" people who just happened to be so loud and obsessed people started to look at them and wonder "the fuck are these guys doing?"

I still find the first 3 season of adventure time great, even after re watching it

I think that a show becomes SpongeBob popular when it's most people can recite jokes or sayings from the show years after its prime.
You don't really hear people quoting AT anymore but people still quote SpongeBob and the Simpsons no matter the age.

I mean, I do to. Early AT was fantastic (and still is IMO), but it kinda fell off like a lot of internet trends. Likely because of pissing off portions of the fanbase multiple times, hiatuses, and bad scheduling.

Beause it got to shit after frost and fire, and instead of the happy zanny cartoon it was it was depressive and boring. I feel like the series needs a soft reboot if CN wants to keep it as a viable franchise.

You can't really gauge's Cred Forums's opinion on the matter since nobody here has been outside or know what's trendy with normalfags but yes last time I check Adventure Time is still wildly popular it's just not discussed here and quite frankly nothing really of worth is discussed here anymore so don't take what's big here as a response for overall popularity. Spongebob gets next to no actual discussion here when new episodes come out does that mean people don't give a shit about it anymore?
>The last Adventure time episode to get over 2 million viewers aired in february of 2015, it doesn't even reach 1.5 now the fandom, both adult and the targed audience, pretty much abandoned the show.
Actually that has to do with CN losing its overall viewship share within the last three years than people tuning out since barely anything gets a 2 million ratings other than TTG similar case with Nickelodeon where the constant airing on Spongebob destroyed ratings.

F&P was never on that level of popularity, sure it did well with kids and weirdos who watch kids shows but that's it. Adventure Time was a mainstream thing, even if people didn't watch the show they recognised the characters from all the merchandise. P&F was also much more consciously a kids show in it's style whereas AT was a bit more all ages before it went down the tumblr rabbithole.

What was the point of this scene? It wasn't part of the story, it wasn't funny, and it didn't even make sense.

non sequitur humor.
a nod to john, a nod to fans and a nod to matt who enjoys AT.

>popular enough to be recognized by The SImpsons
You think that's a good thing?

>Steven universe is a flavor of the month that's been around for two years

I consider steven universe to be the greatest show of all time, that doesn't make it good.

>Nominated for an emmy

that's weird, what you said.

>Maggie is PB
>Lisa is Marceline
what did they mean by this

Ok

just a quick joke about Bender/Jake having the same VA

Okay, South Korea has been animating our stuff since the late 70s. The transition from traditional to digital has made things even worse but the blame isn't solely on them.

Lazy layout artists are just as responsible

Big Sis and little Sis.

Just like their relationship in AT

They literally kept the original sounds in. THis is so fucking cringe.

>cringe is a fucking noun

You need to go back.

Adventure Time isn't relevant anymore, either, so this is a perfect fit.

Can anyone transcribe those lyrics, by the way?

It's a Verb actually, he was using it as an adjective though.

It's why Japan has to come back.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-ji8Oo5q3o
Nether is Flintstones but guess what happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=ct-rFVpsW6s

Then came SiIvaGunner.

>Didn't even win an emmy.

Daily reminder that there are people who still like The Simpsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=P5y1iUouMw8

is this online anywhere? readcomiconline to doesn't have it which is the only good site I know.

I didn't think it was that bad. The emphasis on the couch gags is way overblown considering it's less than a minute of a half hour show.

Really? You cringed? At that? Theyve had much worse and the fact of the matter is most fans will eat that up its called doing their job

that's not even a real award

>FOP still gets over 1.5million viewers (even beat out SU last week)
>AT doesn't and gets bitched by SU
I'm not sure how those roles were reversed

Why did the part to get to the song take so long. The first 15 seconds have no background sound to them like the Adventure time intro its just silence.

Why is the animation worse than the Adventure time intro the plow king movie looks really bad.

Mir is not much better either, just more detailed.

>Why had the previous better seasons not won?
Because they kept submitting Marceline episodes. Once they stop doing that they started to win. They won 5 Emmys doing that.
Puhoy - 2013
Wizards Only, Fools - 2014
Walnuts and Rain - 2015
Jake the Brick - 2015
Hall of Egress - 2016

Bad Jubies and Stakes Part 8: The Dark Cloud tied for an award which is the first Marceline episode to win an award which is funny since It Came From Nightosphere and Simon and Marcy are thought of as some of the best episodes of AT. At least better than Jake the Brick.

How many of these are for Adventure Time in the short form animation category, and how many are for individual achievements?

Uh, what does FOP have to do with this?
They are similar shows only in the aspect of using status quo and poorly resolved plots to kill off their own fandoms.

Individual Achievements:
Puhoy
Walnuts and Rain
Bad Jubies
Stakes Part 8: The Dark Cloud
Wizards Only, Fools

I made a mistake with Hall of Egress (it only got nominated) so Jake the Brick is only winner in the Short Form category.

Old trolling bullshit when a bunch of faggot tried to make fandom wars between a bunch of shows. Often the troll would post a FOP/Tootie reaction image with his post saying how AT was shit because of the fanbase.

I was big into both fandoms and I don't remember anything like that at all.
I mean how do you even let something like that get under your skin enough to bring it up later?

>I mean how do you even let something like that get under your skin enough to bring it up later?

You must not have been on Cred Forums at that time and I remember it because the guy doing it did it in almost every AT thread for months. You also could not have a FOP thread because he would bring it up AT in those threads as well ontop of the constant Tootie vs Trixie war that was going on. It got so bad, the mod stupidly banned all FOP threads since he couldn't ban that guy. This went on for months.

>being this thin-skinned

Hey tough guy, heal up

He then went on to try and start a fan war between Loud House vs SU and then SpongeBob vs SU during Nickelodeons Kids choice awards

This was far better than any Zombie Simpsons episode. Mostly because it was very much in line with a Futurama episode.

>all these lazy hack references to the old show
>another fucking Springfield Gorge reference

God, this show disgusts me.

But you know what is also a award winning popular show? Tiny Toons.

Same with Rugrats.

You're using two shows that ended over a decade ago?

Never forget.

Hey remember when couch gags were 3-5 seconds long?

They still got awards and Nick is doing loads of reboots as of late.

Tiny Toons is unclear but Klasky Csupo did the first 3 seasons of The Simpsons plus the TU shorts and with the Hey Arnold and Rocko reboots it's time for Rugrats X Simpsons.

I actually enjoyed it.

I have never stopped caring about it.

>Cred Forums dictates whether a show is irrelevant or not
Not sure if this is just Gumball and SUfags being salty. When Rick and Morty got a couch gag it was considered a big deal.

Sounds more like you for some autistic reason tie people from the reaction images they post to entire fandoms, which indicates to me that you need to lurk more.
Every show here gets called shit because of its fanbase, but that you actually kept records to who did it and tied other shows to them is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

Its the autist again.

This is weird. When did Cred Forums start hating Adventure Time? This is the first time I've seen people try to claim it's "dead."

Whoever keeps bringing up fan wars in these threads needs to be shot.
Since Breezy.

Because Rick and Morty are just two seasons in and still relevant plus is an adult swim show getting some recognition
Adventure time was good for two seasons maybe 3 and now it's in the seventh one and SpongeBob dead

>When did Cred Forums start hating Adventure Time?
They've always been a hatebase for AT ever since it first aired, Cred Forums just wasn't as shit as it was today. Its not dead far from it its just that CN refuses to reair episodes

Is Adventure Time the show that they just air new episodes "whenever one's done" and that makes it frustrating to keep up with or am I confusing it with something else?

>Because Rick and Morty are just two seasons in and still relevant plus is an adult swim show getting some recognition
Uh...did you forget that Robot Chicken got a couch gag?
>Adventure time was good for two seasons maybe 3 and now it's in the seventh one and SpongeBob dead
Oh...you're just memeing again.

No they just outright don't reair episodes unless they're new now. I guess its like The Venture Bros in a sort of way when you put it like that which Cred Forums would say is irrelevant as well given their logic.

Kids only watch TTG on CN

Robot chicken is garbage that keeps getting awards because of seth
>You have a different opinion
>You are just memeing
>Go back to pol

When will tumblr fuck off from this site?

Your mom is garbage that keeps getting awards because of seth.

Great go share it with you fellow teenage girl tumblr users
All I ask for is make tumblr posters have some sorth of distctition like s gold star so I can ignore their posts all together from the start

Why does Seth Green equal automatically winning an award?
Sounds more like sour grapes.

I appreciate the amount of buttblasted ATfags in this thread

Show has sucked for a long time

So was Mtv's Downtown and who remembers that show besides me?

>All I ask for is a safe space.

How ironic.

12 MONTHS FROM NOW, THEY WILL HAVE AN UNDERTALE COUCH GAG

That'd actually be pretty cool.

AND FNAF TOO

that's a great idea pap. show 'em a good time. *wink*

>buttblasted
>everyone happy that the show is getting recognition from one of the most popular and long running animated shows instead of just primarily from waifus and tumblr
>Everyone trying to bring it down as no big deal and that the show is irrelevant
The salt is real alright

>I don't get figures of speech.
I'm on Cred Forums alright.

>Steven Universe
>flavor of the month

>weirdos who watch kids shows

wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

>All I ask for is make tumblr posters have some sorth of distctition like s gold star so I can ignore their posts all together from the start

You mean like a safe space?

>A-am I fitting in yet?

>AT took like 8 seasons to be noticed by a zombie show
>R&M didn't even need 2 for that

ATfags are cucks just like the MC of the show they worship

Loud House is not flavor of the month, it's already been praised by major media outlets. It's more popular now than AT ever was.

Awards mean little, I mean, Gravity Falls was never even nominated for an Emmy, not even NWHS which was far better than any of the trash they nominated this year. The last season of Game of Thrones won best writing ffs and it was easily the worst in the entire series by a wide margin.

I think you need to LURK MOAR since you are on the very site that made a board because people can't help but tie reaction images to entire fandoms. I remember a lot of fucking trolls on Cred Forums from Wyatt Creed to Roasted Bread but that doesn't make it autistic to know that or those names. I don't try to rewrite or erase history like some new people do.

I like AT, but just reading this thread makes me remember why I hated the fanbase. You aren't allowed to criticize, if you do then you must be a Regular Show, Spongebob, FOP, old school CN, and or now a Steven Universe fanboy. Too many autists putting this show on a pedestal and declare it the next Spongebob when it simply lacked the comedic timing, voice over talent, prose, music, or anything to even bring it close to that level. The fandom needed to be brought down a peg.

Well don't worry. Most of the fanbase left for SU long ago. Also what's the point of criticizing a show for getting a couch gag because the showrunner likes the show?

It's not history, it's just old wounds you're picking at which reinforces the notion that this fanbase is full of xenophobic hypersensitive babies.

I liked it

>it's just old wounds you're picking at
Old wounds? This is just shit that happened to me. If this "triggered" some people than that's on them. It's been over 3 years since this happened so they should be over it but then again people still whine about OMD here.

my younger sister and cousins only watch TTGO on Cartoon Network. And also Regular Show.

It happened three years ago and you're drilling bitching about it?
Jesus you really are autistic.

>can not even make a decent 80's homer
this ruin the joke.

Apparently this seems to be upsetting you personally for some reason. Maybe you need to take some time off the internet.

I don't care about your issue, I'm pointing out that whining about what someone said about Adventure Time three years ago is the most hilariously autistic thing I've seen here ever.

>AT took like 8 seasons to be noticed by a zombie show
see
>2013
Whelp

I don't see anyone doing what you describe. Just see a lot of people trying to put it down for no reason mostly because they dropped the show seasons ago and still using the same tired arguments over and over and over again.
No need to samefag rock lover

>Loud House is not flavor of the month, it's already been praised by major media outlets. It's more popular now than AT ever was.
Shouldn't you be in /trash/ with the other pedos and degenerates?

Loud House will never reach AT's peak or popularity, it only looks good now because Nickelodeon has been in the shitter for years so something that comes along that only does marginally better than zombie spongebob plus it doesn't have anywhere near the internet activity (Cred Forums has the most active ongoing discussions about it and its largely waifu shit) and it hasn't been praised by any major outlet the most news the show got was something CN did years before it became a fucking trend.

Awards only mean little if it happens to a show or movie you don't care about.
>ravity Falls was never even nominated for an Emmy,
Actually it was but I'm pretty sure after the second season you don't see the fanbase putting up a a pedestal like they were doing during season one.

That's rich coming from a fanbase that frequently shipped Finn with older women and pined for yuri shit to be forced into the cartoon.

If internet activity is what we are going by, then why talk down Steven Universe?
You put too much stock into internet activity, there is maybe a hundred people tops in the most popular Cred Forums threads, maybe a few thousand reblogging tumblr shit. Loud House gets viewership in the millions and had the highest share of adult viewers in any cartoon the past few months.

>older women

He's 17 now

>If internet activity is what we are going by, then why talk down Steven Universe?
Its been slipping lately actually given the frequent hiatuses and the last season being shit.

>You put too much stock into internet activity
And you put too much stock in ratings when they've always been fixed towards people who have Nielsen boxes hence why many outlets look towards stream numbers nowadays and how shows do online versus television.
>The Loud House got the biggest share of adults during a fucking dry period where nobody is watching fucking TV
Who gives a shit is the show is as mediocre and unremarkable as it? It says a lot when the two highest rated cartoon shows on TV now are flashshit garbage.

>I cringed so fucking hard. Fuck matt groening.

I wonder why people who hate cartoons and fun so much spend so much time here.

>Awards only mean little if it happens to a show or movie you don't care about
Same shit with TV ratings. Funny how years back Cred Forums kept saying that ratings didn't mean anything yet here we are citing ratings for The Loud House of all shows which has the same audience share as Teen Titans Go!

We aren't talking about then, we are talking about now. Adventure Time threads are largely just image dumps, while those other shows generate content.

Loud House simply has better voice acting, better music, more enjoyable relationships, and a main character that isn't hopelessly chasing some bitch for 7 seasons. Nor does its storyboarders routinely make the characters change form. Adventure Time had a better setting and world building, but they ultimately squandered it, making it far more mediocre.

I keep hearing anecdotal evidence that Adventure Time was a huge hit, but I've never actually seen it. For a while, it was CN most popular cartoon, coming off the shitty CN Real era which was far worse than any period of Nickelodeon. It never reached Spongebob level, maybe more like Rugrats or early FOP level, sold a bit of merchandise for a year or two then faded. You're nuts or a huge shut in if you think it's iconic.

The most telling thing to me is when AT and SU hosted a joint panel and all the audience did was ask the SU side questions. It was embarrassing.

>AT got recognized by the Simpsons!
>posts a picture of Futurama

ATfags are just as retarded as the writters behind the show

>The most telling thing to me is when AT and SU hosted a joint panel and all the audience did was ask the SU side questions.
You're posting a lie made up by rock lovers when there's a video showing the opposite?

>It never reached Spongebob level,
Dude, no fucking cartoon will ever meet SB level why are you frequently comparing it to that?

>I keep hearing anecdotal evidence that Adventure Time was a huge hit, but I've never actually seen it.
I'm sorry that you've been under a rock for half a decade.

>having a life is living under a rock

Cred Forums, everybody.

>having a life
>posting on Cred Forums

I don't think you thought this insult through

I wonder what show creators who are chosen for stuff like this feel about the Simpsons. Like Pendelton Ward has mentioned a bunch of times how he loved the Simpsons growing up and it was a huge inspiration to him in how he created his show, so it must be a great honor to have an opportunity to work with the show, but at the same time like everyone else he has to realize how downhill the Simpsons went over the decades right?

So there must be some weird clashing of emotions since on one hand you're living the dream that young you who was a fan of the Simpsons could never imagine, yet at the same time the Simpsons has been a corpse for years and years. I don't know, maybe Ward doesn't care or still thinks the Simpsons is good but I'm sure there's some weird feelings in that situation.

What hasnt been?

>No need to samefag rock lover

Kek nope I only posted one of those. Good try though.

I unironically enjoyed that.

Normal everyday people still put this corpse of a show on a golden throne. It makes me a little sad inside, and I'm not saying that to be edgy. It's sad to see this happen and I don't enjoy coming to terms with the fact that Homer Simpson simply isn't funny and that Bart can't surprise me anymore.

>People like something I hate.
You are the saddest motherfucker here.

>Matt has openly stated that he loves Adventure Time and that's the reason why Rick and Morty got a couch gag was because he stated that he loved that show as well.

Oh, i really wondered how R&M got the into the couch gag, i mean their show was still fairy new, and was not a really big hit among audiences either.

He did a commentary for R&M S1 stating that after the first season he invited Dan and Justin over to do a couch gag.

>peak was at 2011
The highest average ratings weren't until season 5-6

You do realize this isn't the first time The SImpsons has referenced Adventure Time right?

Those were for single episode specials though, not the entire season

The highest rated episode is "Burning Low" that pulled in 3.504 million, and thay was in season 4. Season 5 and 6 have more 3 million viewers than any other season
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
Quit talking out of your ass

Season 6 averaged 1.7 Million views, and Season 5 while it started out with 3 Million, views quickly declined to 1.55 Million before it was even over. I suggest you follow your own advice...

>People still quoting Nielsen ratings

You do realize that CN has had a massive drop in viewership since then right?