Assuming it hasn't been done already...

Assuming it hasn't been done already, what would it be like if Superman was in Gotham in place of Batman and dealing with his enemies?

It's been done to death, it's a shit idea because you can't brute force your way through the delicate psycho situations Gotham has, it'd result in more dead people.

OP, do you just not feel like thinking today? I mean, this seems fairly obvious. Gotham's crime problem would find itself wildly outclassed by the Man of Big Chinned Strongth.

X-ray vision, microscopic vision and telescopic vision solve a whole lot of mysteries. Street crime in Gotham wouldn't know what hit it. Any of Batman's rogue gallery would have to invest in lead pajamas and Kryptonite bullets if they wanted to stay on the street for more than 5 seconds.

It would be fun for 10 minutes to watch Bane and Killer Croc get knocked around by a dude who pushes planets around for fun, but after that this premise would have run its course.

Then why the fuck does Superman not go to Gotham in his spare time?

no, the problem is it would be too easy for Superman to bruteforce his way through

No, joker has outwitted and nearly killed superman in the past.

Many of the villains are to clever for boy in blue.

He may be smart but the got him on cunning and gullibleness

What if Central City Rogues moved to Gotham?

>What is "Superman: Speeding Bullets"?
>for 1,000 gbp

I was just coming here to post this. Good job, user.

He does. Batman just gets mad sometimes. Often it's unjustified rage though. Wish they wouldn't write him that way.

Because he knows his place. Batman can handle his own mess, he doesn't need to take time out of fighting radioactive space gorillas to beat up the Scarecrow.

Batman villains would be fucked

I always figured that Speeding Bullets needed a sequel where the Kents managed to conceive to have a child and Clark Kent ends up being a naturally gifted enough athlete that he becomes a super hero unironically calling himself Superman.

I see someone else read Superman Fucks Gotham.

It's a character flaw. Batman is a control freak so naturally he gets mad when things don't go exactly as he plans them, even if they end up turning out alright. It's perfectly fine, characters are allowed to have flaws.

K well you are entitled to your opinion.

What, do you want Superman to just go eliminate crime in every city on Earth "in his spare time"?

So i always figured if sups and bats switched cities, the villains would evntually follow suit cuz each respective heroe's villains. Complement their good counter part.

Using strictly the animated series as reference, all of batman's foes are always making plans , being sneaky,and bat man stays one step ahead of them. Superman's villains always just go on a gun hoe pillage fest in metropolice. Very direct and open.
So if superman was in gotham, he would have the bat rougue gallery locked down for a month. Afterwards, he will find the villains have wisened up and will be finding himself on wild goose chases trying to catch them in the act while the vallains' plans unfold unhindered.

Essentially, where as batman always manages to stop the villains from executing their plans at the last moment, superman will instead be focusing on how to minimize damage and save the day after the villains schemes go into full effect.

Example, batman stops joker's jokergas bombs from detonating on an orphanage at the last second and catches joker. Superman will instead be either rescueing children before gas hits them or try to suck/blow gas away from kids and afterwards hunt down the joker.

I don't think it's a necessary one. I wouldn't see Silver Age Batman angry at Superman for helping him, for example.

Agreeed neither would be ready to switch cities.

Initial cleaning of hourse, followed by escalation as criminals adapt to the latest problem.

Similar thing happened to the crooks with Batman. Bruce kept on wrecking the regular gangsters, so weirdos took over.

Too close to another Elseworlds. I forget the name, but a drunk driver found baby Kal first (by running over him) and put him into an orphanage. He got adopted early on, but accidentally caused his adoptive mother to fall down the stairs and break her neck, so he unconsciously suppressed his powers and went back to the orphanage.

No one would adopt him, so he eventually ran away and started making money hustling people at street basketball until he was picked up by some recruiters.

He'd just make things worse. I wish I had screencaps of it but there's an issue tied to No Man's Land where he tried to help an electrical engineer try and get the power back up and running and all it did was exacerbate the situation with the engineer becoming a warlord against his will.

Hilariously, part of the weak excuse used for why he doesn't operate in Gotham is all the lead paint and pipes used.

Hit 'post' too early. Meant to add that, as time goes on, that excuse becomes less and less believable.

I read that issue. It was total bullshit designed to make Superman look like an idiot and give excuses for why the League just leaves Gotham to Batman.

Nah, it was pretty fitting. Superman's methods are direct and fast, and that in a situation like No Man's Land doing things faster than they ought to be is a recipe for disaster. It's normal mentality for people to look to the guy with answers or failing that, the guy with power; and the electrical engineer literally had power. So the survivors all rallied around him in the way that they knew how.

Thats why you never see superman in any town that hasnt had major environmental renovations post 1950 . i think thats when they stopped using lead based products freely.

That's what's bullshit, though. He goes in as Clark Kent, works for a while to set up a generator with a dude, and the instant that goes south he basically goes "Whelp, Batman was right. There's no helping these people with my methods. Best leave this to them to recover their way." It was just a way to have him give up and allow Batman his status quo.

Yes, your average Gothamite has the emotional maturity of a Tasmanian devil with the clap, but he still could've gone through, cleared out some of the collapsed buildings and rubble, reinforced the buildings, and some other shit. There was plenty that Superman could have done without giving a lot of power to anyone. Infrastructure. Food. Water. Medicine.

>Superman will instead be either rescueing children before gas hits them or try to suck/blow gas away from kids and afterwards hunt down the joker.
I'd like to see SM try to out Bat Batman by using plans and strategy to beat the villains without pummeling them down.

>out bat Batman with planning and strategy

He can do that? I remember a panel, don't remember what was going on but superman was coming up with a plan and said something along the lines of "I mentaly ran (girnourmous number) of simulations and the best option is..."

And id like to see donald trump be a kind charasmatic leader that is socially concious when he speaks. Sure, SM and trump can probably do detective world and be able to think before speaking, respectively, but it is just not their Mode of operation.

>charasmatic leader
He's already that.
Is the rest of the comic decent?

Batman should just melt the Joker.

Gotham is a lead infested shot hole you dumb ass, batman gallery is a pain in the ass course they don't seek fights, you can beat them to death and they will still win in you didn't knew about some stupid bomb on a school

>Yes, your average Gothamite has the emotional maturity of a Tasmanian devil with the clap, but he still could've gone through, cleared out some of the collapsed buildings and rubble, reinforced the buildings, and some other shit. There was plenty that Superman could have done without giving a lot of power to anyone. Infrastructure. Food. Water. Medicine.

I agree but the writers knew that wasn't a good reading

this is not one of those times right? I can't tell if that's a slight smile on Batman's face or not.

Who is the artist here?

>Using strictly the animated series as reference
?