It still hurts, Cred Forums

It still hurts, Cred Forums.

They just handled it in a really shitty way

Either that or we just got far too carried away because of the major dicktease that when we realised "oh it's just a concept", we just sort of let go.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing desu, maybe they waited too long to tell us about the whole ordeal.
At least the threads were comfy

>TTGO and PPG reboots got to get a chance
>They were complete shit
>Creators of KND and Swat KATS come to CN directly
>They get turned down even though they would've been guaranteed to be better than the piece of shit remakes CN has been churning out recently
Fucking bullshit.

Eh, I donĀ“t really care.

God, thinking of it like this hurts.

Teen Titans and especially Powerpuff Girls were much more popular than KND and Swat KATS.

It makes sense from a business perspective that they would make reboots of the former and not the latter.

Like said, TT and PPG were more popular but i'm guessing their reboots are also dirt cheap to make.

SAME AS IT EVER WAS.
SAME AS IT EVER WAS.

It could still happen, right?
;_;

this

I thought KND was insanely popular?

AND YOU MAY ASK YOURSELF, WELL, HOW DID CN'S QUALITY GET HERE?
It can in our hearts.

>the point of KND is to stress the crazy shit you think and do as a kid
>people sad it didn't get turned into an expanded universe with cursing

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea but everyone who's still crying about it can fuck off. Not every series has to grow up with you. If you want half-baked continuations of childrens shows then go to deviant art or fanfiction.net

>the point of KND is to stress the crazy shit you think and do as a kid
[citation needed]
The only person who doesn't get it is you, dumbass. We're not suggesting there should be cursing. And either way, it would still be better than the crap these days anyway.

>[citation needed]
Childhood imagination brought to extremes is literally the theme of the show. they LITERALLY have a giant treehouse they hang out and sleep in. They're only in the same sector because they live in the same neighborhood.

>it would still be better than the crap these days anyway.
Cry about it LMAO. who even watches cartoons anyway? are you honestly telling me that you're holding out hope for the current state of animated CHILDRENS programming? Let's hope Steven Universe gets another few seasons to really flesh out the "mature" themes and really bring animated shows into the respected light they should have been put in around the time you grew up.

It was

But still nowhere near the level of PPG

>who even watches cartoons anyway? are you honestly telling me that you're holding out hope for the current state of animated CHILDRENS programming?

>TTG
>NuPPG
>NuBenTen
>mfw

The original show had an spectacular run, at least we will always have that. Just look at tumblr universe or lesbian time and feel a little happy you got to grow up before they took over

Thing is this one didn't feel half baked

Kids don't want serious stuff in their cartoons anymore. Story oriented works, even if they have moments of comedy, can no longer grab their attention spans, which were irreparably damaged by the advent of Adventure Time and Regular Show.

Kids just don't want cartoons with stories anymore. They just want funny, three second gags that will make them laugh. Things brought up in KND or Swat Kats would undoubtedly be lost on them. Shows like Avatar, SU, and OTGW are saved by the fact that they pull in enough of an older fan base, but it's still just barely passing. SU is treated like shit by the network. OTGW was a mini series so it was destined to end early. Kids don't like either of them. My niece even told me one day that she thought OTGW was boring, while the tv in the house just blared TTGO.

It's sad that the youth of today have been conditioned to accept that the cheaper the product, the funnier it is. But it's an excellent marketing strategy. Making cartoons for art's sake or for fun is bound to fail. Look at everything Laika has put out for example. Cartoons are a business and are treated as such.

Where would CN even put a sequel? 2010s kids don't know about KND and it's not Adult Swim tier.

>Kids don't want serious stuff in their cartoons anymore.
[citation needed]
Where's the proof of this? What's been shitted out by companies today? When they force le epic maymays that first came to be back in 2009 and treat the audience like they are 2? If that's the case, why is american television dying behind internet media and even video games? And what about Japan? They still get shonen shit that still has a shitton more serious stuff to a extent of not being "lolrandom" tier; see Pokemon X and Y.

No it doesnt

KND was an ugly annoying show that was on too much

I am glad it died

Its not a hipster comedy with lesbians so it had no chance. I sure do love the 2010s.

>Kids don't want serious stuff in their cartoons anymore
Yes they do. I think you mean "Executives think they dont want serious stuff anymore"

They see shows like Spongebob and AT do so well and thats it for them. Everything has to be the fucking same. No kid wants the same type and genre of entertainment to watch all the time. Theyre still people.

But no. Fuck variation. Fuck choices. Lets go ahead and even through alternative art styles in the trash while we're at it. All kids in the world want one thing and one thing only.

The thing you're overlooking is the shift in media. Nowadays, most kids have tablets, and with that tablet access to the infinite expanse that is the internet. Do you know what's really popular with kids nowadays? Watching videos on Youtube. You know what a large chunk of 'em enjoy? Let's Plays. Cartoons not only have to deal with the decline of TV, they also have to deal and compete with the shift in what's viewed and how viewership works - Youtube personality videos with 15 or so second ads. The shows that do stick around on TV and get high views are the sequential gag shows. So execs see that these shows are the ones still raking in views despite the decline of TV, and play it safe and rehash the same variant repeatedly. A risk could make it big, but it's so much more likely that it will be a net loss.

What I don't understand is why these networks don't shift business models to an online framework. Put shit on Youtube for free, that's the key word, none of that bullshit pay 2.99 to view stuff, and then put exclusive stuff on their websites where they get the lion's share of revenue. Or, release the stuff a week later on Youtube, so if you want to stay up-to-date you have to watch on their site. Maybe they already do this and I'm just ignorant, maybe they've tried this already and it didn't work out, I don't know.

Kids don't get variety from cartoons any more, they get variety from the antics of various Let's Players.

ADULTS NOT WELCOME HERE

Agreed.

>the GKND is actually bad
>Lizzie was an alien all along
>one of the scientists was also an alien all along
I never supported the revival

Samurai Jack wasn't as popular as the TT and PPG, and yet, it still got its revival, as Tartakovsky wanted to.

Sure, Genndy is way more popular in the industry due to his work, and by that, he's probably more well-recieved than, say, the Trembley Bros. or Warburton. But it's still pretty mind-boggling that these projects didn't have the treat that they deserve, especially in an age where 90s/early 2000's nostalgia revivals are culturally such a big thing.

Who knows, probably AS wants to make sure if Samurai Jack succeeds. If does succeed, probably will end up see these shows on the Toonami block or something.

The original KND sucked anyways. No loss here. Not baiting either.

Shit taste detected.

Then why is Steven universe so popular? Why is adventure time so popular? Why was Gravity Falls so popular? Or Star Vs the forces of evil?

Quit apologizing for CN's shitty decisions.

>asks who even watches cartoons
>on a board about cartoons and comics

This

This

Because "free" doesn't pay.

The LP community is king not because of any generational shift, but because they are the best at putting large amounts of content up in a short timeframe for shoestring budgets.

Samefag

>inb4 image with 2 (you)s cropped out

Man, you have no idea how the online scene works. First of all, and this is MAJOR:
Frederator did try the online model back when animation was possible to live on with Youtube. Ads paid more and the site actually promoted that material. However, to the chagrin of every professional to use Youtube, they changed the search algorithm to only recommend videos that are long, that are derivative, and that are posted every fucking day.

You know what isn't derivative and possible to make every day? Animation. Animation all but died on Youtube once they made that shift. There are still a few large players, but holy shit, most people could NEVER live on that platform by doing animation.

That issue is also why Let's Plays are so big. It's because they're derivative - people are already looking for videos about that IP - long - clocking in at fifteen minutes or more each - and repetitive - being posted every single or even up to three times a day because talking over a video is not hard for the people succeeding at it.

It's not about a shift in what kids want. It's a shift in the way that Youtube operates. It's also why reaction channels are so massively successful even though virtually everything on them is fucking illegal.

>tfw remembering the hype last March

That was the comfiest Cred Forums has ever been.

And yet me must live.

>We pull in money, recruits, just to pitch to CN. Rubbing our noses in bloody crowdfunding dirt.
>All for revival.

>Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>Every night, I can hear Numbuh 4. And Numbuh 3. Saying "Holy Shit".
>The show we've lost.
>The operations we've lost.
>It won't stop hurting.
>It's like they're all still there.
>You feel it too, don't you?

>I'm gonna make them give back our past.

Where were you when the count got caught spanking the monkey in Numbuh 3s' room?