JSA Storytime: Quasar

Good evening owls of Cred Forums,

Well, isn't that normally a mismatch?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/53zpaf/amazon_release_dates_for_dc_rebirth_trade/
welovefine.com/feature/marvel-comic-cover-tshirts.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

congrats to Gene Yang and bully husbando Kenan, this probably means NSM will run as long as he wants it to

Those Omega Beam webs, GG

>Following the record-shattering success of Rebirth, DC Entertainment (DCE) is set to take over New York Comic Con with a stellar line up of guests, panels and exclusive announcements. Fans attending the annual pop culture event, held at the Javits Convention Center from October 6-9, will be the first to learn exciting details about the first publishing event of the Rebirth era, JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD, the next wave of exciting Rebirth story arcs (and some surprise new titles), and the star-studded KAMANDI Challenge.
>(and some surprise new titles), and the star-studded KAMANDI Challenge

Kamandi Challenge isn't dead and we might get new titles beyond JSA, Atom, Shazam, and LOSH

Kamandi Challenge always sounded like it was going to take a while

If Owl Goingback doesn't end up to be as good a writer as he is a Badass Native Paratrooper Grampa, Imma be disappoint.

He has the name of a D&D Character!

I'm in love with Owl Goingback.

Hello Storyteller.

>congrats to Gene Yang and bully husbando Kenan, this probably means NSM will run as long as he wants it to
As long as Dr. Omen sticks around and continues doing awful things to protect China, I'm down with that.

his name means he was meant for us!

Oh my god his website is a throwback to 1996, it's amazing

husbandos and waifus for everyone

I will be so heartbroken if Owl Goingback isn't at least an ok writer in my eyes

Probably more congrats to ABC than Kenan

IKR? I went to his website and his twitter and I was instantly charmed. I really hope that eccentricity and life experience channels into some good damn comics.

i missed last night, what up.

Vision is unbelievable.

So he's an interesting bird, if you look at it--accomplished novelist, but says on Twitter

>With comic writing, the formatting for the outlines and scripts will be a little odd for me, but the staff at DC is great & very helpful.

So that seems to be some of the people they're looking for, proven in one area, skills transferrable.

He's clearly cut out for a horror book

both big 2 got a Genius

So OP, I was checking my Quasar folder, and ran into an issue. Are we going far enough to get to Operation Galactic Storm?

we're gonna read until we get bored or desperately need a change

He works (worked?) in a cemetery and collects tacky Halloween memorabilia. It's like the horror writer Garth Marenghi would write.

crossover with Tarot when

>Got a call from Warner Brothers this afternoon. Thought it was a joke at first, but they had questions about a project I'm doing. Busy time.
>We had our first DC Writers Workshop class tonight, and I loved it. Great instructor, very talented classmates. Looking forward to next week
>Writing super hero comics is definitely something new for me, but comics are very much like traditional storytelling. Classic good vs evil.

I hope Marvel doesn't try to steal him as soon as the class is done

I mention that specifically because it's a MASSIVE crossover, going into various other books.

This is the one time I'll ever do this.

Will Owl Goingback be /ourguy/?

Wouldn't mind him on Swamp Thing or Spectre.

We'll probably just read our shit and wiki the rest, lol

Sweet

Have you read any of his books?

Is Wendell the most polite hero we've run into yet?

If you ever needed proof of meme magic

Today was literally the first time I heard of him.

hoot hoot motherfuckers

his books are cheap on amazon, I might read one just so I won't have to keep wondering if he sucks or not

I mean Clark but that almost doesn't count
Cos?

Surely someone in the Legion was more polite. Atom was pretty damn polite at times.

GLC continues to be decent in the art department if nothing else

I hope this issue is as kinky as the last one

Then I'm gonna get /cranky/ and say that's a dumb ass thing to say.

Gru is making the most of these sales boosting cameos.

Spidey and Venom are just kinda there, and I love it. This is the kind of living universe continuity that has totally died out.

I'm still waiting for the horror/thriller book about meme magic desu. I mean people actually believe it now - you have wannabe magicians on Cred Forums worshipping Pepe as the Egyptian God Kek and praying for the destruction of society.

>Cos?
Rokk is Paragon Shepard, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

it's because no one can manage to write shit that does enough per issue, these days

>(and some surprise new titles)

spy book to save Helena from BoP pls

how are y'all tonight

it was less hot today!

Didn't Lee say there would be Wildstorm news?

I bet there will be a couple surprise minis announced too

b-b-b-backstory

I'll sell you all into slavery for a Grifter/Zealot book

Haha you're getting shitty Helena and you'll like it.
Though the writers did say a fourth member who's never been a member will join in the second arc so maybe they'll stop shitting her up in favor of the newer character.

But what new titles seem likely to you guys?

>Shazam, LOSH, JSA, Atom, Supersons, and JLA confirmed
>Wildstorm book seems likely
>Batwoman because gay and her arc is over in Tec

>How are y'all tonight?
Fine. Today was dull as hell, but nothing bad happened, so...

... JSA Storytime is almost always the highlight of my day.

>how are y'all tonight

Kinda in a low mood, but less so than yesterday, so there's that.

Panel 4 is amazing!

also, for fixing Aunt Madge

those are two of the more bearable codenames. A lot of Wildstorm dudes and gals have dreadful names

I want Jenny though.

>Though the writers did say a fourth member who's never been a member will join in the second arc so maybe they'll stop shitting her up in favor of the newer character.
Wonder who that will be, they've managed to shove a lot of female characters into BOP in the past

dull but fast, at least

I got to taste test french fries at work!

I'm expecting Wildstorm and 2 of 3 out of JSA LOSH & Shazam

Somebody went through amazon and found all the Rebirth trades that are up so far
~3 months in between the double shipping ones it seems.

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/53zpaf/amazon_release_dates_for_dc_rebirth_trade/

I never read the New 52 one because New52, but could it keep the They Live premise?

Because that idea has legs even if Rob Liefeld can't draw legs.

>>Wildstorm book seems likely
Can modern DC even be trusted with Wildstorm stuff?

They haven't had a great record with it in recent years.

BoP that's just Katana babysitting 3-4 teen girl characters.

Probably not unless they put the book in its own little corner a la Young Animal/old Vertigo

N52 Grifter was horrible and involved 0% Zealot

Mom Katana being a thing that stopped was a crime.

Dang Grim and Gritty late 80s and the Outsiders increasing sales irrelevance without Batman.

Pretty much all the Nu52 Wildstorm characters were only like their original selves in name only. Midnighter was one of the only ones who was unscathed.

>N52 Grifter was horrible

Oh, I basically just wrote the entire new 52 off as horrible.

Grifter as Roddy Piper fighting the Daemonites was a pitch that I was interested in, even if they turned it into dreck.

Just imagine Zealot as Keith David!

I finally finished reading the Outsiders books that happened after we stopped. Issue 45 has a very /d/ cover.

You'd think Griffles would be okay, but he was pretty cut down into 1 dimension. Voodoo got weird, too.

My ideal katana thing is probably heavily manga-inspired bosozoku Katana has a big Japanese motorbike and fights the super-yakuza but also looks after children orphaned by the super-yakuza and also mono no aware (or weltschmerz for OP).

Considering Warblade was made into a villain working for fucking Harvest, Zealot got off easy.

Zealot mainly got to ride a dickcycle.

>I basically just wrote the entire new 52 off as horrible.
You're the worst kind of fan

ABSOLUTELY THE LAST SECRET WARS TIE-IN

What more is there?

Steve Orlando knows about the dickcycle.

He could bring it back.

is Warlock always this adorable?

The best thing about CW2 is all the people complaining about CW2

>The plot just feels like a skeleton made of stunt after stunt after stunt. None of the drama feels earned and every issue feels engineered to try and explode the internet. Didn’t they promise “it’s a Civil War so somebody major’s gonna definitely die!” during the run-up? That felt crass, but the way that they’ve killed Rhodey and Bruce Banner in a way that feels even worse, like bad fan fiction. It’s the cape comics equivalent of a telenovela.

>Part of the problem I have with this event is the structure. Coming after the deliberately seeded Secret Wars, Civil War II feels like a pimple that just popped up on the forehead of the newly reformed universe.

>having a young black kid kill the symbol of America—even if Steve is evil now—is the worst kind of fake-deep. If the metatext of Civil War II is a concern about how peacekeeping authorities impinge on individual liberties, then having it manifest in this vision where Miles kills Steve Rogers is extremely heavy-handed. It screams “SUBTEXT!” in a way that will set off a million eye-rolls.

Warlock is like, more adorable than Jubilee.

>dickcycle
Y'know, I can't decide if that's funny, or retarded. Cause on the one hand, Zealot probably would ride a suspiciously phallic hoverbike. On the other, it's a hoverbike that looks like a dick.

Eh. Still better than being made evil for no reason.

>Civil War II feels like a pimple that just popped up on the forehead of the newly reformed universe
that's fucking hilarious and true

Pretty much. New Mutants Annual 3 is a great issue him vs Impossible Man

ooooh

My interest in DC was burned out by the end of Blackest Night and I had moved away from any comic book shop.

I'm not completely unwilling to read it, I own Manabooch Flash and Dial H now, but I was obviously not the target audience for New52.

Mind you, this is 3 years after SWII! I love how Secret Wars II became a damn gag.

Okay Owls, Marvel goes to YOU to form the most adorable X-Men team. You have to use the current versions of the characters, but other than that can write them however you want.
Who is your lineup?

>ABSOLUTELY THE LAST SECRET WARS TIE-IN

I think that's Deadpool's claim to make, now.

Zealot, pls. Where did she even get that thing?

It was like the last bit of trolling Milligan did

none of the current X-men are cute

Ugh, Sam. Just fucking UGH.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but please go get redesigned by Liefeld.

Yes. Yes he is.
Even when he's Douglock, or during that brief period when he had his own solo book.

He is a cutie.

ANXF should have lived longer

OH GOODNESS JUST LOOK AT THE TIME

Marvel has spent like a decade brutalizing the X-Men into making them uncute, user.

Longshot
Jubilee
Warlock
Cannonball
Pixie
No-Girl
Troll Fuck you I'm adding Troll to the X-Men

I wonder if DC should re-reboot Stormwatch back to a UN Superteam(I'm a sucker for that shit). They ain't using too man Wildstorm guys anyway.

super bonus points for leading with Longshot

Longshot is ADORABLE, the spec was clear

Voodoo was better early on when it had that mystery to it, really went downhill after the writer change

When I say "current", that's more a way of saying "No, you can't decide that Jubilee isn't a vampire anymore, that's lazy."

Because despite X-23, there's still people who think Vampire Jubes can't be cute.

What do I have to do to get another Longshot mini by Hastings?

Is Kurt adorable?

>Marvel hires someone who has not read any X-Men comics, and has little interest in the X-Men to write the X-Men
.... Uh.... Storm and Jubilee hang out, riffing on bad movies?

Why did you people hire me for this?

yes, Kurt can come too

oh no, the AYYY LMAOs

Na sicher

Buy a gross of Gwenpool, spam the Gwenpool letters page with requests?

>Cuts off the hand with a lightsaber

Wendell confirmed for Actual Jedi.

HOLD THE FUCK UP, NO.

Did we just see MARVEL heroes be calm about a situation, a possible conflict and handled it with maturity?

It's part of Wendell's inversion of the natural Marvel heroic qualities ofc

Wait, Tony got a Venom on Battleworld too?

And he just irresponsible left them in some dumpster?

>having a young black kid kill the symbol of America—even if Steve is evil now—is the worst kind of fake-deep. If the metatext of Civil War II is a concern about how peacekeeping authorities impinge on individual liberties, then having it manifest in this vision where Miles kills Steve Rogers is extremely heavy-handed. It screams “SUBTEXT!” in a way that will set off a million eye-rolls.

And I bet Bendis thought he was being deep as shit when he wrote it

that's Wendell, he's a sweetie

You think Troll will show up in Zubolts? And if so, how lame will it be when she's written as blandly as everyone else?

Please don't actually put her in this tofu block of a book. My daughteru deserves far better.

Also, he'll shank a bitch if he has to

Nah, that team has already selected their daughteru.

So Longshot, Kurt, Kitty, Jubilee, Warlock, Face...

Ideally, the team would have all three T-Bolts daughterus. But ideally, the book would be at least slightly fucking interesting.

ugh, Kitty?

>we will never see Troll and Jolt Team-Up

Why live, Anons?

>Kitty
Bendis pls go

Kitty is great despite modern misuse

And now, Gru revamps A.I.M.

this issue has some amazing shit in it

Ha, I suppose at one point you'll be able to have a T-Bolts legacy team which is just daughterus.

Is this /d/?

I've always liked that about Quasar: sure he can wreck guys and is in the Thor-Class but he's so damn nice.

Kitty should never have been unbulleted.

this is /d/

>ugh, Kitty?
Is it wrong that I can't think of Kitty Pryde anymore without thinking that she's a ripoff of Tinya Wazzo?

I mean, I'm usually the first to purport that originality is a lie, but the similarities here are too great to ignore.

Sixpack and Dogwelder 2 preview is amazing

Ah man. I don't know shit for Blue Shield, but I still feel like he doesn't deserve this.

MODOK derivatives are a great recurring thing in the Marvel Universe.

I'm not even gonna look so I'll go in blind on floppy day

but it's amazing, yes?

Byrne on record hates the Legion tho. Claremont imo doesn't care either, Cockrum did all that Shi'ar stuff

He's coming across like a blend of Nate and the GLs.

spread part 1, TIME FOR A.I.M.

>Byrne on record hates the Legion tho.
Is it because none of the Legion girls is in love with RJ Brande?

Storyteller has gained a new husbando?

"Need a death ray built to order?"

The founders spent their first appearance messing with Superboy.

COSMIC CUBES

I guess. Two flirty, hug-happy teen girls with phasing powers is a pretty severe coincidence though.

>Byrne on record hates the Legion tho.
I never really got why, to be honest. I mean, I can get not caring for the Legion, or even kind of disliking them. But HATING them? They're ultimately pretty harmless due to not really affecting anything in the mainstream books.

So yes, A.I.M. owning an island has been done before, HICKMAN

This really works with where A.I.M. is currently desu

That is clearly a Star Fleet officer behind Crossbones.

btw excepting "storyteller goes on a day trip" or "storyteller falls the fuck asleep early", we're not off for over a week

Monday night is Met opening night, tho

did he brag about the idea or something? it's pretty standard mad scientist shit. DC has like 5.

Current AIM Island has landing strips in the shape of an Avengers A so it rocks

Hah! Good catch!

>10 GB computer
ASTOUNDING!

he spent all this time late in his F4 run establishing A.I.M. on an island again

this fukken Superman homage style

>Dad actually tries to engage with Wendell
>he blows him off and wonders why Eon gets along with him better, not a panel later.

Jesus FUCK Wendell, c'mon.

>taking Superdickery seriously
>ever
Did he not actually read the issue? They were testing him, to see if the legend was really up to snuff. Is Bryne seriously holding a grudge because they pretended to bully his husbando?

Yeah, Spidey would wipe the floor with Quasar.

that's the magic of John Byrne!

It's Byrne.

>It's severe autism.
FTFY

>My younger self -- often the butt of cruel tricks played by the other kids at school -- instantly hated these punks from the future for the trick they played on Superboy. My older self has never quite been able to get over it.

>I have other reasons for disliking the Legion, tho. I have watched as they became almost the Poster People for things that have gone wrong in comics over the past several decades. As characters introduced as kids barely into their teens turned into Babes and Hunks, and started getting all grim and matrimonial. For a series set in the future, and therefore not bound in any way to real time, this is absolutely absurd. But, of course, it's hard to draw realistic kids, and much more fun to draw chicks with big hooters.

he also got mad they turned into jocks which is THE BEST

Hey, I'm an actual autistic and I don't spazz half as much as Byrne does. Don't lump us in with his dogshit.

Like he said, it's Byrne. He's equal parts Autist supreme and borderline pedophile.

"I was drunk once or twice"

*pure* husbando

So, wait, he hated them for progressing as characters?

God. How little there is to truly like about Byrne.

Really good X-Men and FF stories, and Superman.

>So, wait, he hated them for progressing as characters?
Have you ever read Generations? It's basically a long manifesto on how legacies/children/new characters taking up old mantles is THE WORST and any "character progress" should just be the originals getting cooler

It's all Bad Girls and Good Guys with you OP. Dreamy is actually an outlier.

Dreamy is beyond categorization

>As characters introduced as kids barely into their teens turned into Babes and Hunks, and started getting all grim and matrimonial. For a series set in the future, and therefore not bound in any way to real time, this is absolutely absurd.
Is... he bitching about them daring to change up their status quo? A comic book series changed over time. How awful?

Also, meathead, the story taking place in the future does not stop the in-universe clock from ticking.

None of these complaints make any sense.

I suppose there's also Vril.

Vril is definitely not a Good Guy, that's fair

this is an interesting gimmick and also david aja's covers rule. i might do the vision one just because there's never any viz merch

welovefine.com/feature/marvel-comic-cover-tshirts.html

thanks for reading

since tomorrow's Friday....ha ha time for

PENANCE: RELENTLESS

:)

Eh. Nura has been known to pull some shady shit every now and then. It was her first storyline that had her forcibly changing Ayla's powers to save her life because she had foreseen her death.

By the way, anyone else annoyed that Nura's expertise in biology almost never comes up anymore? Cause that is a thing. She's an expert biologist. At least the original one is.

Aja's Scarlet Witch covers have all been gorgeous

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I love how Marvel villains can be just about the money/benifits. It really fleshes them out.

>since tomorrow's Friday....ha ha time for
>PENANCE: RELENTLESS

Once again Anons, I'm so sorry.

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

Oh joy. Time for more Bleedball shenanigans.

shirt rip is always 10/10

CIVIL WARS WAS A MISTAKE.

>mad at husbandos and waifus

Why is Byrne so awful?

FRIDAY OF PAIN: BLEEDBALL ANGST EDITION

Thanks again OP