Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

I don't get why people hate bendis, Miles morales was the best spider-man i've ever read.

Write what sells and makes people debate online.

whenever it was he first thought to himself "I like writing"
maybe it was good for him, but the rest of us were doomed

He was buddies w/ David Mack from their time a Caliber Press. Mack was buddies w/ Joe Quesada. Mack got Bendis work at Marvel. The rest is history.

When he killed old pete off to make way for his OC

His spiderman was pretty decent except for the bendis speak

secret invasion

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nigga, do you even know who you're talking about? He's the master of Marvel, the king of comics, the future Editor-in-Chief. He has 2 shows based on his creations, Powers and Jessica Jones, and someday Mile Morales will be the next Spider-man in movies or TV.

Sorry mate, but Bendis is the King of Marvel. Those on Team Bendis will guard any and all storylines created by Bendis, or expand on it. I mean look at this shit →

Once he finally runs Marvel, we will enter an era of Bendis continuity. As long as there's a franchise with a movie or TV show, it won't be safe from Bendis Continuity.

He's the future Editor-in-Chief of Marvel, and the other writers at Marvel know it. The ones that aren't with him are off doing Star Wars.

If that's the case, there is no hope that Marvel will ever get better.

>hope

Has anyone ever punched him out at a con, or atleast curse him out infront of a crowd of people?

When people at Marvel stopped telling him 'NO'.

What went wrong? Guys like

Started declining with Mighty Avengers (first couple arcs were terrible) and continued with Avengers v4 and New Avengers V2. Many Cred Forums posters argue that Bendis is best suited to street heroes and teenages and I would like to add he's also capable of writing believable psychos with a variety of neuroses between them (Dark Avengers Vol.1).

Get fucked you brianless shittaste sjw scum

What's wrong with miles morales ?

Stop replying to stale copypasta.

Not sure exactly.
Secret Invasion and Siege were "alright"
Dark Reign, which I believe he was mostly responsible for, was possibly my favorite "era" in recent Marlel.

I'm just gonna pretend you're asking that ironically and ignore you.

He stopped putting any effort into telling good stories since he knows people will eat his shit up no matter what.

He's a shit character with no personality that's only getting pushed because of bendis. It's not even the character's fault. It hardly ever is. This entirely bendis' fault because he's a lazy writer. He doesn't deserve the praise he's gotten on anything.

If you like his work, you should just watch paint dry. It's the same thing.

Why are you being so salty ? I'm just asking you a simple question . . .

Two words. Venom Blast.
90% of the hate towards him would probably dissipate if he were to lose that powers. Any character with an instant win button is automatically a terrible character. There's no sense of danger with Miles.

The first Mighty Avengers volume (Ultron Initiative) wasn't that bad.

Disassembled - screwed the Avengers franchise and screwed Wanda

HoM - screwed the X-books to the point where they still haven't really recovered.

Dark Avengers was boring as shit, though.

>Miles's Venom Blast is so OP that Regent used it to capture tons of Earth's Mightiest Heroes (including Hyperion)

I can completley understand why you believe that. Personally, I found the idea of the entire Dark Reign era absolutely fascinating, and while Bendis dialog is brutal in some scenes, I thoroughly enjoyed all of the major story arcs (Molecule Man and Siege). Perhaps i'm more in love with the idea of the story more than the actual story I received, but I still enjoy it nonetheless.

Is this the only picture where he doesn't look like a Gremlin?

Could he redeem himself?

I'm willing to let him work on a title like Avengers Assemble where he could do side stories and slice of life Avengers without affecting the main canon. I do enjoy many of his Avengers plots even if he tends to write many characters samey.

DA as a story is mostly written as the fall of Norman Osborn. It works in that regards. It just fails as a sequel to Ellis's TBs.

No. He has created too much shit.

The difference is GJ has more power and influence and got himself promoted to the managerial class which Bendis really hasn't.

I felt like the first two issues of Diggle's run managed to capture that quinsential thunderbolts feel, unfortunately he shat the bed late in his run and wrote underwhelming stories with even more no name characters

Where?
>Attention everybody, please welcome Mr. Bendis. He will work with us from now on
>Please call me Brian Michael Bendis
>Hey, new one, can I call you Benis?
>Brian Michael Bendis is acceptable
>Bendis pulls a mic out of nowhere and drops it

In this one he looks like Shrek

Rebirth is also a massive fucking success and marvel fans are playing retard bingo with CW2.

When he said I’m Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I’ve learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.

1 internet

Where did it all go so wrong
I wrote the comics for so long
Had a master plan, with Spider-Man
The end result is Miles cuckolds Sam

And to a new plot I gave birth
Stuck the Guardians on Earth
And for my next big hit, Rhodey would eat shit
I'd kill Jen with a missle to the tit

But ooooh it went so wrong
My X-books weren't so strong
Brought the O5 here, made Bobby a queer
Last Will lasted for half of a year

But hey, I'm really not a hack
So you better just step back
Who's your waifu, Here's what I'll do
I'll have her fall in love with Miles too

>Many Cred Forums posters argue that Bendis is best suited to street heroes and teenages
He can't even do that any more. Time to send ol' Bendis to the soap factory.

Didn't he create Miles? Bendis is fine with characters he creates, but he ignores continuity of existing ones.

All I know is that I want more Powers and the fant man isn't delivering. I don't want Scarlet.

>Extremely Unpopular Opinion
I fucking loved everything about Bendis' Moon Knight run with Maleev. The art style hearkened back to his run on Daredevil and he managed to provide a unique take on the character which was uncharacteristically creative on Bendis' end.

Niggas read the fuckin comics and quit memeing this shit. And don't bother, ain't your personal reader and wasting my breath with this same old "criticism" that you recycled from copy paste.

1 Devise high concept
2 Shove Wolverine and Spidey in to guarantee sales
3 Push your own faves alongside them to make them popular
4 Sideline or assassinate characters you dislike
5 Ignore other writers work, show a total disdain for continuity

I liked Dark Reign everywhere except in the Dark Avengers comic. Everyone else seemed to do at least something funny or interesting with the characters. DA was just 16 issues of them being terrified of a Superman with the brain of a baby.

about a year or so into Avengers, and partway into the Forever arc of Powers

2004. That was when the first cracks showed, but Bendis' popularity and sales success on New Avengers more than covered it up.

>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love", I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I repond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"...you were suposed to say "It's over now?""
>"Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis breaks all the toys in my room and drops his mic
Bendis is love, Bendis is life

Bendis also once said that if he could he would take Geoff Johns from DC and back to Marvel.

Those two have an outside company friendship, as a matter in fact Geoff just gets a long with everyone in the industry.

I do read his shit doesn't mean anything is redeemed, Miles as a character could do good if Bendis wasn't at the wheel and the venom blast didn't one shot everything. He has solved all his problems with it in fights so he literally John Cena's his way through life. not to mention that everyone sucks Miles' dick for just existing. "Your costumes so cool" "Black SPIDAHMAN YA"LL"
I just don't get it.. he could be better he could be A list material but no, he's stuck in this cesspit of people not letting him grow on his own. Thats why he'll never be as great of a character as Robbie Reyes or Kamala, or fuck even Sam Nova. Dude just isn't allowed to make mistakes he's not allowed to lose and they just make him look "SO GREAT" with this faux idea of what that even means.

I used to like Bendis in ULTIMATE Spider-man. Then he invaded 616 and became cancer.

He doesn't follow character histories or even care about them. He doesn't have any consistency and he makes things too wordy, takes away from the art.

What he did to Venom is inexcusable. He took an existing history and threw it out the window.

He doesn't research characters or even care, and editors don't stop him/help him get it right.

They do stop him, it's just that he writes so much shit that all the editors can do is polish the turd and keep his screw-ups to a minimum.
Here's an exampl given by Brevoort

>Brian,

>Here’s some feedback on SECRET INVASION #1, all relatively easy stuff to nip and tuck. This issue came together nicely.

>1) From Nick Lowe on SWORD:

>S.W.O.R.D. isn’t a wing or subsidiary of S.H.I.E.L.D. or the US gov’t. It’s a completely separate entity that has worked with S.H.I.E.L.D. on occasion. They’re an intergalactic peace-keeping organization that doesn’t operate under any government or world’s control. In ASTONISHING, Brand mentions to Maria Hill that the only reason that S.H.I.E.L.D. knows that S.W.O.R.D. exists is because of her relationship with Nick Fury.

>Possible solution- Rather than an inspection, Dugan’s reason for coming to the Peak (what the ship is called) could be one of a regular meeting they’ve set up to share information. It could still be special that it’s Dugan coming (maybe Maria Hill is the usual rep from S.H.I.E.L.D.) and I could imagine that Brand has a prior relationship with Dugan since she had one with Fury. And I could also imagine a few of the S.W.O.R.D. agents being really into meeting him.

>Agent Brand’s characterization- She’s not really an excited school girl. She’s a sarcastic, all-business, hard-*** who has little time for…anything, really. But, like I said before, I could see that she and Dugan might have a positive relationship. But we usually treat her like she’s the one with the knowledge. She doesn’t ask questions too much. One place in particular that I might ask for a simple change would be reversing the dialogue on pages 18-19 panel 5 so that the agent asks the question and Brand answers it. The only other thing that I might ask is that Brand, rather than radioing the Helicarrier, might be trying to radio S.W.O.R.D. HQ and it might be jammed by XXX XXXXXX.

>2) Tony seems very casual about leaving the autopsy—which is about the most important thing he’s dealing with right now—to go chase the XXXXXX XXX, which is also important. So perhaps he should indicate that he’ll continue to monitor their progress remotely from his armor while en route, just so it doesn’t feel so much like he left two guys he can’t 100% trust alone with his only clue to the conspiracy. Also, a minor thing, you indicate that Tony has his helmet off in this scene, yet we see his POV from within the suit. So he should keep his helmet on for this to work.

>3) Minor point on Page 12, Iron Fist has been in the Savage Land before, so maybe give this line to Echo.

>4) I expect it’s all a matter of space, but Luke and company respond almost too quickly and too positively to XXXXXXX XXXX's call. They know XXXX stole the body and XXXX XX XXXXX XXXX XX, and they know they’re all wanted men, and that the Mighty Avengers have tried to ambush them at least once before. And yet, Luke immediately jumps to act on the info without even considering that this could be a set-up. So maybe what we need somewhere in here is a line that indicates that XXXX’s info might be shady, but that this is important enough to take the risk on.

>5) The Marvel Boy scene in the Cube doesn’t really link up properly with where we left him at the end of CIVIL WAR. At that point, he had liberated himself, and taken over the Cube. I think this is easy enough to address, though—it just means that Marvel Boy isn’t in his cell when XXX XXXXX XXXX, but is instead in the Warden’s quarters, or some other place of authority. And maybe he needs some sort of “It’s time.” Kind of sentiment as he heads towards the hole in the wall and his destiny.

>6) I’m not sure the connection between XXX XXX and XXXXX exploding connects clearly enough. All we see is XXX XXX XXXXXX XXX XXX XXX and then the base goes up. I think we need to see some sort of minor action—his pressing a button or something—that makes it a hair more obvious that he’s responsible for the detonation as a suicide bomber. Or even him saying “As it was written…” like the other Skrull agents.

>7) When XXX XXXXXXXX XXXX is expanding into XXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXX, I think it would be a good idea to clarify the visual you’re looking for a little bit, so that Leinil draws the right thing. Are pieces of the building just disappearing, as though a bite has been taken out of them? Is there strange crackling XXXXX-energy seeming to consume parts of the building? How do you see this working?

>Just to make sure that Leinil can draw it properly, in the sequence when the XXXXXX XXX opens and the XXXX XXXXXX come out, I think it would be helpful to specify when it’s X XXXX XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX, XXXXXX XXXX XXX XXXXXXX XXX XXXX XXXXX XXXX XX XXXX XXXXX.

>So far, so good!
>Tom B

It's deplorable that Avengers sitting in the Savage Land for couple of issues and Siege are now considerable alright by people.

I'd guess it started with a combination of overeating and under-exercising. There's not a lot you can do about hair loss; for some people it happens in the mid-late teens (even allowing for those who suffer from conditions like alopecia).

He could probably exercise more and eat less (or eat smarter), but it's hard and having a full-time job and family (especially with younger children around) can make that difficult. My advice would be to cut out or cut down alcohol and fruit juices or sodas, replacing them with water (or just watering them down), but also to completely avoid high-sodium foods like corn /potato chips, takeouts and other convenience/snack foods. It's not hard, it's simply an effort of will and a little bit of planning if you know you'll find yourself somewhere that these things are unavoidable.

Basically it's going wrong, but he could still be around (assuming he doesn't already have serious heart, lung, or kidney disease) for his children to graduate from college if he looks after himself. I wouldn't bet on 80, though.

"Hey Brian, how would you feel about writing the Avengers?"

When it became apparent how passive aggressive he is to readers who criticize his writing. When people complain about one of his concepts he doubles down on it rather than adjusting his writing in a measured, reasonable way. It doesn't help that he also has an almost preternatural ability to write characters he latches onto in a way that's totally contrary to what made them appealing in the first place.

He's basically the hurricane of the Marvel universe. When you hear that his eye is set on your favorite franchise you just have to brace yourself and pray that the damage won't be so bad that it can't be fixed once he's gone.