The trolls and shitposters who you angrily claim "live at their mom's house and have no lives" are in reality...

>the trolls and shitposters who you angrily claim "live at their mom's house and have no lives" are in reality, the happiest of them all
>the world has become so bitter and jaded that shitposters are literally the only truly chill, happy people left in the world

What did you think of this message?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OL8Wqe-QWM8
fanhistory.com/wiki/Rescue_Rangers
youtube.com/watch?v=3xJNE7I17k4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6L2NG6x9dI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well that would make this the happiest website on earth.

Or is it?

This is pretty much true

With everything being so PC people are afraid to hurt people or have their own feelings hurt

There is not really any place that people can vent their frustration which in turn makes them bitter

It is!

Well in a way it makes sense considering a shitposter pretty much has no fucks to give which means they aren't going to be outraged over anything and more than likely are the ones who started what caused the outrage to begin with.

>What did you think of this message?
A lot, since it has really forced me to do so.

Its true, i blow out all my steam and frustration by either jogging or shitposting. i rarely get pissed unless shit starts fuccing up.

>tfw I act lot like gerald when he is walking the streets and shopping for groceries
I AM NOT A TROLL!

Poor Kyle, I dont know what he will do when he finds out... maybe he will break his dads computers

If you look into doggo's eye, you can see a fedora man

Why do you think he's so smug right now?

wtf Cred Forums

I don't really think that's message here.

>the trolls are Jews
Think that's what you meant to post

You're missing the point. At the end of the episode, right before Gerald goes to bed, he goes back to trolling as he gets more famous

Trolling is going to consume his life.

It depends, sometimes the shitposts are because whoever made them was extrmely assblasted

>he's right

>Kyle finds out his dad is skankhunt42
>he apologizes to cartman and they team to counter troll strike.
>this is all ends with gerald having to fight that butch dane irl.

Suuuuuuuure you aren't, Torok

I doubt it. I think that a lot of shitposters are assblasted themselves, and projecting a devil-may-care attitude on the internet is how they cope with that

It's actually true.
I am a hundred percent sure my friend is a shitposter and he's one of the nicest people I know. Matt and Trey are probably shitposting right now in another thread or on another board.

I dont get that reference.
Soonfeed me, user

Shut up, guy from rick and morty

>What did you think of this message?

How the fuck would I know? It's just Parker and Stone being edgy as usual.

This is why Australians are such good people

It's true, we've even got a presidential candidacy going. The trolls have won.

ITT: Shitposting thread where everyone claims to be a shitposter that's happier than everyone else

Torok is the name of a troll.

People keep thinking the moral focuses on stopping Gerald. Despite how it seems that he's the only non-crazy one. Everyone else revolves their life around this shit and makes a life threatening deal about quitting twitter.

Real moral needs to be that the boys have to also shitpost, until everyone starts shitposting online, so that shitposting becomes common and people stop taking social media so damn serious and going crazy about it.

Most of the town is ready to see Gerald as the villain, but he seems right in this situation oddly.

You're not happy at all faggot

I'm the happiest because I shitpost the most. As you know, there's a direct correlation between the two

oh, thanks.

Trolls are just normal people who act like jerks on the internet to relieve stress and unwind in their dull lives. Notice how right when he went outside and he did his normal routine he had to face normal everyday assholes and inconveniences.

The show will most likely do the scene over but at Gerelds lowest point when he can't troll people anymore and act appropriately about it and let it bother, and compare the way he gets bothered by life's everyday inconveniences the same way other people reacted bothered with his trolling.

It's a stress reliever, maybe not a good one for the people around him, but good one for him.

Cartman routinely does the same sort of shit and he's a loser at life

South Park used the word "shitposters"?

>Everyone should act like assholes to the point that nobody really cares anymore cause nobody really takes anybody at 100% face value
So Cred Forums?

When I had a lot of time to shitpost I was happier.

>Most of the town is ready to see Gerald as the villain

And what about all of the girls, i dont see them as heroes either, specially since, if they are making fun of feminism this season?, do you think they will have to face the consequences of blaming all the boys for this? or they just pretend that they didn't broke with them and not apologize.

We both know that's not true.

Half the time he actually believes the hateful shit he spouts, which is why I think he's threatened by a shitposter spouting it without caring.

that dog is now euphoric

na

This season is tackling different issues. Its not necessarily feminism, think about it in a broader way here and notice what they're doing.

Girls are grouping together, riling each other up, saying that if they even perceive someone in the other group they hate as having did something then the entire group is at fault and is bad for it and must suffer. If you didn't stop that one person in your group, then you are silently commending them for having done it and agreeing with them, so you must all suffer.

Its something you see in society more these days, not just feminism, but also racial issues and other stuff.

You see it on all sides, people trying to find "Like minded people" to themselves, and saying "Fuck those other guys, I'm sure one of them did something bad so we need to do something finally".

>Australians are people.

Don't fool yourself, Gerald is not in the right here.

He's pretty in the right

It's pretty obvious that he isn't.

Look at all the comics people make about "I'm a guy who writes mean reviews and makes mean comments on things lol my life sucks".

Shit like that shows how hurt people can be by stupid comments on the internet so they take their frustration out on it by making shit to simply say "all the people who make mean comments are sad people with no life", which basically is just a sign on themselves that says "I take every negative thing directed towards me on the Internet to heart."

I used to be like that till I realized there really is no point to treating every single ill intended comment seriously when it was probably just made by some average guy like me who didn't give a shit either.

TL;DR: if you take everything on the Internet to heart then you need to work on your insecurities, you'll be happier in the end.

Gerald isn't right but he's the lesser evil.

Things have always been 'pc'. Just the subjects to be PC over have changed somewhat sometimes not at all or the 'pc' things people complain about were PC back in the day, but people forget that.

PC related. Mel brooks said that he couldn't make blazing saddles today when freaking Django, a very similar film, came out just a couple years ago and boondocks got four seasons on tv. Like really? Django used the word nigger 110 times while blazing saddles only used it 17 times and Mel was warned that his film was too offensive.

But still, Mel, the one guy that should know better, said that blazing saddles couldn't be made today.

Pretty much this

Dude it's like the second episode of the season where the episodes aren't standalone.

Do you see a drug addict in the beginning of a movie getting all happy with his drugs and think "Wow I guess the message of the film is that drugs are good"? No fucktard because by the end of the film he ruins himself and his family and sometimes even his community because drugs are fucking bad, okay.

>he's the lesser evil
No he isn't, he's the reason behind everyone's problems.

not really

Yes he is.

Gerald is being an ass to others online to make himself feel better. That's not right.

Post of the thread

Why not?

How is he not?

If everyone can turn on each other just because some random person said something mean, then no he really isn't the root of their problems.

He's only forcing out their wickedness and hypocricy to the light. You realize in this episode alone you had a kid who kept threatening suicide(quitting twitter), and that one girl who quit, and the boys destroy all Cartman's stuff.

Is Gerald the reason for this? No he's the catalyst, you don't go from 1 to 10 like this from fucking nothing. All of them are teeming with this warped feeling towards the internet and society that is making them band together in groups and hate other groups, feel incredibly socially awkward and resentful, unable to take the smallest criticism, or turn on each other in different ways.

Gerald is not the cause, he's the one forcing it out into the open though. The member berries, the national anthem, and that kid who kept threatening to quit twitter; none of those had anything to do with Gerald, but they all had a common point if you realize.

Funny I remember reading something a while back saying that Django was too offensive and they wanted to soften it up or make it pg13

Just trying to remember where I read that

>he really isn't the root of the problem
Yeah he is.

>No he isn't, he's the reason behind everyone's problems.

Oh no, retard dubs.

Because he probably wouldn't like it if someone was an ass to him. That's why he's hiding his activities and it's a mystery as to who he really is.

as a tripfag i found this to be an accurate portrayal of my poop-poastan ilk

I mean...come on. You know, as a rule of fiction, if you're the manipulator, the catalyst, the guy who started all of it. You're worse than hitler.

Excuse the leap of logic of elementary girls thinking one of their classmates is trolling them instead of a father of a classmate.

Yeah, but the movie as it is, is pretty straight up and kinda makes blazing saddles look really tame in comparison.

Well played.

>some random person saying somethong mean
It's harassment of 4th grade girls by a 40 something year old man.

Just now i realize that this user is Gerald he's shitposting laughing his ass off at us while some people in the thread actually get anger because he disagree.

>Because he probably wouldn't like it if someone was an ass to him.

But people ARE an ass to him, a lot, every fucking day. People are assholes to him, around him, he sees the ugly bullshit that WE ALL see. Instead of letting it eat him up inside he found an outlet for his day to day life that we all deal with. He trolls, thats his drug. He trolls all night and shits on an easy target. Then wakes up and faces a daily life surrounded by the worst creatures ever to shit on this earth, he does so with the smile of a man getting blown by a supermodel every night.
He's fucking won, he's found happiness. His happiness unfortunately cost other people to lose their shit, because they dont have the same release of tension that he does.

I would shit down every one of your mouths in a heartbeat if I could feel better about life the next day. But instead we will all wake up and throw shit at each other in our daily lives. I am going to cut you off on the freeway, then you are going to cut somebody else off.

Gerald won.

Yep, some random person. I don't know how you could claim otherwise. Their age or real identity doesn't matter, to them its just a random person.

That's what the internet is. Its the one place in the world where you aren't protected, so you shouldn't be jumping into that hellhole unknowingly or with a weak mind.

Its also a place where you can't physically be hurt by anything, but you also aren't protected. So just letting children run freely on there is kind of strange.

Gerald isn't the catalyst, he's the driving force of it all.

Jesus this is some straight fedora level autism right down to pic related.

>t's harassment of 4th grade girls
Oh please, you and everyone else knows the kids mental age changes whenever the fuck Matt and Trey fill like it. 4th graders don't have the same thought process and political beliefs as them.

Really, how many depressed alcoholic 4th graders you know.

Wait people here actually think Gerald is the root of te problem or is it just and we're all getting rused?

I mean, sure it isn't exactly something to be proud of, but in the end he's just having fun by throwing childish insults around and doing the equivalent of drawing moustaches on people's photos. The fact that these people scream bloody murder and get suicidal over it is an entirely different matter.

Cyber bullying isn't real etc. etc.

Being nice on the internet will make you happy because if you're nice, other people will be nice too! :3

australian here
is accurate

>to them it's some random person
No they think it's eric and they're pissed because they think the boys are allowing it by not speaking up.

The more I read this thread, the more I realize...the bounds of logic people will have. I mean, if Cartman did the same thing, he'd be the asshole. Purposely fucking with people, like kids is...wrong? I mean, it's not the worst a person can do. At best, it's not as much as he's the lesser of the evils, as much as he's a mastermind. If you can call trolling like that something worth of a mastermind.

Fuck you.

Vanellope Emergency Dentistry.flv

If you wouldn't do the same then you are either lying to us, or yourself.
its a trilby

adorable dubz are adoradubble

I don't get the point of being an asshole online. But then again, I'm more of an asshole offline so what do I know?

It doesn't matter that Trey and Matt have them engage in adult mannerisms cause that's the joke
>children doing non-child things
They're still fourth grade girls who are being harrased by a 40 year old.

Yeah, but Django at least has one thing Saddles doesn't Django is a "serious" movie. That alone saves it from some of the criticism a comedy touching the same subject matter would get.

I remember when The Interview came out, and people were boycotting it for it's subject matter. They were saying it was offensive, and it glorifies the North Korean dictatorship while ignoring the atrocities committed by them. None of the people boycotting it had actually seen the film at this point, naturally, and the film goes out of its way to say "Hey you know, maybe Kim Jong-un is a crazy asshole who would be better off dead.", but that didn't stop anyone from complaining.

Of course, this outrage was overshadowed by the patriotic fervor that swept the US to support the film after Sony was hacked and the film forced out of theaters due to threats. But my point being that people still complained about how "offensive" it was all the same, even if most people didn't notice given the circumstances. With something like a new Blazing Saddles, I imagine the outrage would be much larger, and much louder for "making fun" of serious subject matter, or "glorifying racism" or something stupid like that.

i never expected otherwise, i do think they are psychopaths though and would be ashamed of them if they knew what they were doing(and i'm not even talking about extreme cases of victims leaving twitter(i.e. kill themselves) or something)
more often than not i can see trolls becoming very defended if you tell them "I bet your mother is proud of you" that usually does the trick

Actually they are cartoon characters who are being harassed by another cartoon character.

The boy that threatened to quit Twitter wants the attention that the girl who quit got without actually going through with it because suicide is actually a tough choice to make for some people. He wants the benefit of suicide (people suddenly caring about you and saying nice things) without sctially going through with it. The girl was basically pressured to leave Twitter because of the very public and humiliating harassment she got from the man.

The boys destroyed cartman's stuff because the Internet harassment was making the girls choose the nuclear option thanks to the harassment.

If he weren't harassing people, then everyone would just be chilling.

I couldn't even fucking finish your post m8, it was that cringey.

Except Django was made by Quentin "dead nigger storage" Tarintino, and Boondocks is made by Aaron Mcgruder.

Granted by today's standards, Blazing Saddles is pretty tame.

That's also what I mean. They don't really know, they're assumptions are the things fucking them, just like it fucked the boys when they did try to take revenge. Its the kind of attitude you see in Cred Forums or any part of the internet perhaps, one person does something or what you perceive to be part of a group did something, so you decide "Shit, we need to destroy that group, fuck them over, break them"

You don't really know shit, you are assuming. In the end it is just a random person, you're just assigning your own bias to it and pretending you do know shit when really you don't.

Yeah, it is a random person to them, but they are just using it as an outlet to cast their bias on shit, which is part of their moral here. That is racism, sexism, or whatever phobia you want to call it in America. When you see one person do something, believe you know shit, so you assign your bias to it and decide that its the fault of that entire group.

The hypocrisy is a bit lost on them for now

To be devils advocate Cartman is different in the sense that he does this shit all the time and unlike Gerald not restricted in the internet but frequently creates actual real world harm to others.

Him getting his shit destroyed was wrong in the sense that he actually didn't do it this time, but at the same time he totally deserves it cause it's Cartman.

They were getting harassed on a school message board, not really a public forum.

A few things I've noticed in this episode

>An insane amount of iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
I can understand maybe a few people with iPhones and Macs and maybe slightly more iPads since there haven't been too many other tablets that can compete, but you'd think more people would have Samsungs, LGs, and Motorolas phones and more Surface and Samsung tablets.

>Minecraft poster in Ike's room and the kid is playing Minecraft

Felt like some advertisement

>In the girl's room, there is a Winx Club parody poster along with a Bratz parody poster as well

Why did they do that but namedrop Minecraft?

>Leaving social media = killing themselves
I love the joke, but it's not as funny because that's kinda how the world is already

Also, fuck the boys for destroying what I would guess is like 2000-4000 bucks worth of tech. That made my autism flare up so bad.

I think Cred Forums is really nice board to visit. That's the only place where I can discuss comics NOT with casuals.

You have no life if you have to resort to trolling to be happy.

It was twitter

Sometimes if I'm in a bad mood I'll go act like an asshole on Cred Forums because spreading around my bad mood makes me feel a little better.

Yeah reduced my argument to the absurd, still doesn't justify a 46 year old man harassing fourth graders.

Who needs a life when you can be happy not having one?

so, are you siding with the girls in this season?, the girls better become the secondary assholes because that's what would be a more sensible development.

and even then, that still mean that they attack and punished many of who were not at fault, so they better just not "leave it at that and move on" like these type of stories claim.

>You have no life
He unironically spouts on Cred Forums....

No it was the school message board.

Do people actually "trolling" and insulting other people for no reason nowdays? I thought users are immune to this cheap tricks already.

Take a dick in the mouth.

Having a life is overrated.

nah he isn't.

He's just trying to make them more vulnerable so he can lure them into his house and sacrifice them to Yahweh. Nothing wrong with that.

What I took away was
>people assume that the person online harrassing them must be a miserable, jaded, disgusting and horrible basement dweller, someone with an agenda or at least an axe to grind
>it's just some guy doing it for kicks, the last person they'd expect, which is why they never catch him

I'd also like to point out how he always pours himself a glass of wine beforehand. Now, what do you suppose that's made out of? Grapes? Perhaps. Or perhaps...something else.

Being alive is overrated. I'm actually undead right now.

Go look at the general threads, there are tons of people falling for stupid shit.

Sometimes I listen to Depeche Mode and pretend I am a secret agent searching for intel.

youtube.com/watch?v=OL8Wqe-QWM8

Boys attack innocent Cartman. Girls attack innocent boys. Nothing gets solved meanwhile.

No really, he is.

This user speaks truly.

Wanna help me try out necrophilia?

I'm honestly not sure where the hell their going with the member berries.

Like I get their making fun of nostalgiafags but I'm not seeing the connection with cyberbullying and social groups.

No really, he isn't.

That dog has no turret. It's completely vulnerable to attack.

I think what they're getting at is that people are using nostalgia in order to shut out the world around them.

Do you like Tim Burton movies? I only fuck living people when they like watching his movies.

>so, are you siding with the girls in this season?

No, girls are being hypocrites in perhaps the biggest way so far, but I don't see how it would come back around on them in the same way as the guys really.

With the guys, character development revolves around them, so you see their actions have consequences and bad points. With the girls, it doesn't really carry the same weight. The girls at the moment have more a role of being consequences for the guys, rather than characters, unless they get some character development from this point onward and realizes they were wrong about shit

The internet has an endless supply of retards with extremely thin skin. You can cause shitstorms by simply using a racial slur or questioning somebody's sexuality.

For now, spread kindness. The rest will follow.

So basically like the last two season with E-Celebs and ads.

Does that mean this season will also end with Matt and Trey not even understanding their own point whatever the hell it is and half-assedly rush a conclusion?

I do, though I'm not a fan of Johnny Depp, really.

>I already vent at people in the real world why do I need to vent at virtual people
You sort of answered your own question.

>Not a fan of Johnny Depp

I'm the Undead Pussy Nazi, NO UNDEAD PUSSY FOR YOU

Awwwwww.

I'm not an asshole offline because I try to be one. I'm just retarded.

He pretty much is tho

He pretty much isn't tho

>but Django at least has one thing Saddles doesn't Django is a "serious" movie. That alone saves it from some of the criticism a comedy touching the same subject matter would get.

Comedy is an easier sell for controversial subject matter than a serious movie. You can get away with a lot of shit if you actually know how to tell a joke. South Park is a comedy and it makes blazing saddles look tame as well. They said nigger during the nigger guy episode more times than blazing saddles did and it worked because it was funny. Comedians say controversial stuff ALL THE TIME and nobody cares because it was funny. When was the last time you heard of a comedian getting in serious trouble for saying nigger? Don't say Michael Richards because he's not a comedian and his yelling nigger over and over again on stage wasn't funny or comedy. It was him, being frustrated, not able to think of anything funny, witty or intelligent to say to handle the situation and lashing out. Comedy is a saving grace for pretty much any subject matter, but it actually has to be funny and a lot of people don't seem to understand that.

Besides, Django had some comedy in it. It wasn't a drama.

>I remember when The Interview came out, and people were boycotting it for it's subject mattest

I saw the Interview. It was all about Kim Jong Un being a tyrant that hid the realities of his dictatorship to try and convince outsiders that the North Koreans were happy with their way of life. The movie ends with him being killed and his country being plunged into civil war. People will always protest movies over stupid shit, but that doesn't mean that said movie can't be made or that it would be career ending.

Or by posting a picture of a certain ship.

fanhistory.com/wiki/Rescue_Rangers

They actually called their shitstorms Ranger War I and Ranger War II

Kiss.

Fuck you nigga

but that's gay.

Oh my god, those tectonic plates get me SO FUCKING HARD

>I can understand maybe a few people with iPhones and Macs and maybe slightly more iPads since there haven't been too many other tablets that can compete, but you'd think more people would have Samsungs, LGs, and Motorolas phones and more Surface and Samsung tablets.

After last season when the town became hipster central?

They seem like they're just equating nostalgia to something like weed or alcohol, as an escape or something.
But they're such a weird element in these two episodes. Introduced, then present/in the background. If they end up just existing the whole time as a red herring I'm gonna be fucking confused

Yes.

Anyone else felt chills at the ending of episode? Damn, I love moments like this. Also music 10/10. Crying about bitches is stupid tho

Oh, I guess I should have pointed out that I rarely keep up with South Park.

so I guess that would make you rock solid.

Fuck you, I kek'd really good from that.

>Also, fuck the boys for destroying what I would guess is like 2000-4000 bucks worth of tech. That made my autism flare up so bad.

That was like two birthdays and a Christmas worth of stuff!

I havent got the creativity to be a good troll, but im honestly happy enough.

I'm happy they made the adult in all this mess Gerald and not Randy.

The point is that both of them came out and boondocks being made by Aaron Mcgruder isn't really that relivant beyond the fact that he knows how to deliver the jokes. When he left, the show failed because the people writing the show didn't know how to handle any of the characters, jokes or subject matter. Nobody cared that it was a bunch of (possibly white guys) handling the material. People didn't like it because the people in charge obviously missed the bus when it came to understanding what boondocks, it's characters and subject matter is supposed to be.

QT knows that you can deal with any subject matter in a film if handled properly. Blazing saddles wouldn't have went over well if the jokes and subject matter weren't handled well. The same is true today.

Naturally, if you're speaking highly of someone in a joking manner, it would go over much more easily with them than if you were saying that you think they are dumb or ugly but if you actually have some t-a-l-e-n-t and can deliver the latter in a way that they themselves find comical, then why not? You're taking a risk, but either you're funny or you're not. Either the message is delivered with some wit and intelligence or not.

Well yeah Gerald was right, of course he was right

The message was really made to make you think to so the think and really made to make you to think the think. That's why when at the end Cartman was to go to and the and Kyle after all the most hilarious part was when the go as if when to

I mean, of course, he was right. Of course. That's always the always the message of these the things to tell you it's that when you be so like the happy as if so then you can be the happy the feeling.

When Gerald his feelings and it all out on the internet, then he could in be his real happy self, everyone else just to personally and couldn't the humor in things, but when you all it out and it go then you really many the sides of things

Once again South park spot on with the messages
I to see the coming episodes and they be the quality they now

T-THE THIRD BOMB!

BAKANA!

The sooner this happens the better. I really hate that no one knows what Gerald's doing yet.

>implying Gerald isn't. Someone who can't feel good unless he's picking on people is no winner.

To be fair he is doing a decent job hiding it

Also it makes sense everyone would go after Cartman since he is almost always the guy who does the shit

Also i think its a silly jew joke i think

True

Gerald isn't really hiding it

He tells Kyle he can come in his study at any time when he's doing it, he basically tells Ike what he's doing, he tells Shela why he thinks its funny, he's kind of proud of it.

He's testing the water to see if anyone else feels the same as him.

>when freaking Django, a very similar film

Django didn't make racism a punchline.

>The saltiest place on the internet also the happiest.
Oh, sweet, sweet irony

When will south park make a Black Lives Matter episode or would it cause too much butthurt even for them?

my man

Gerald did nothing wrong.

Yes he harasses kids, because that destroys their moms, look closely to the cinematique.

I don't think it's relevant enough to be any more than a reference

High resolution doggo staring at extremely euphoric man!

Racism was a major subject/plot-point in Django and the punchline in blazing saddles was that racism was dumb. It wasn't 'haha, he said nigger... That shows dem niggers'

I was a really bitter, anxious person before I even visited Cred Forums. I'm actually much happier now that I've had a place to communicate with people properly, even if it is just online.

If they make a black lives matter episode,cut'll be like hundreds of white people with one or two blacks and somehow the entire black community gets blamed for shit the the hundreds of white people do or BLM gets blamed for shit that other groups say or do.

maybe you're retarded because you don't try to have a discourse with them peeps, to hear other people... but that's shitty because everyone has this shitty, fuckshit ideas, but you know how you can grow a thicker skin to deal with those and even have better rebuttals?
its not my problem, get fucked bitch.

Yeah kiddo, tell us all about your happy life
:^)

You feeling okay?

I was suicidal once, shit you not.

You know what got me better? rage.

I raged against the dying of my own light, i got into internet fights, i took sides, it ignited some primal force inside me to keep me going.

I'm a happier man even when i don't do those anymore, because for a moment i had something to fight for.

This place gave me back my life.

I laugh a lot.

I feel suicidal as shit sometimes

Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going over the edge is planning vengeance on people that have wronged me and the though of if I died somehow i'm giving in and quitting on life

Did Django make fun of faggots, while using the word faggots?

are you saying Blazing Saddles made fun of black people?

I shouldn't have quoted the first post. I was giving a possible reason Brooks would think Blazing Saddles couldn't be made today.

There are plenty of movies where drug addicts do drugs with no repurcussions from the drugs themselves over the duration of the movie.

You're missing the point. It's a matter of tone. Django takes itself seriously, Blazing Saddles doesn't. You're not wrong, BS is staunchly against racism, but it demonstrates that through mockery rather than Django's overt empowerment/revenge porn method. Django has no room to be misinterpreted by a squeamish modern America.

On the subject of tone (and this really isn't relevant but dammit I never get a chance to discuss this), I find it fascinating how the same general premise can be so radically different in execution based on genre. Boss Nigger and Blazing Saddles share the plot of "Black man becomes sheriff in the face of corruption and conquers racism to save a town", but that's about where the similarities end.

Underrated reaction image

Being good feels good. And it never hurts to spread a little positivity around.

y'know, until you get unfairly cancelled.

Second best decision Disney ever made.

what was the first?

He's probably going to say canceling gravity falls.

Jerald was only happy because he had a way to cope with how stressful and upsetting life is. When he loses that outlet, he'll go right back to his misery.

I'm pretty happy.
I always have a feeling that I'm forgetting about something important but generally I'm very happy
>Somehow got through the work to be a STEM major
>Feel intellectually fit and satisfied
>Did project using your major and economics for senior thesis
>Get tapped by NYC bank
>Get to hang out with funniest econ majors
>Physically fit and eating healthy
>Fulfilling hobby making games on Unity
Having repeated a grade in High school, I never in my wildest imagination would have imagined I'd get this far without connections.
And they say dumping points into Luck at character creation is scummy.

You only realize how true this is if you have interacted with people from here outside the site. After playing with /vg/ for around 2 years you find the biggest shitposters are usually the happiest well adjusted people.

And the best part is I come here for the major portion of my social needs. Why?
Fuck if I know, it's probably the shit-posting and meme generation

Cred Forums always makes me happy. It's the one place online I always have fun. So yes, this is the happiest website on earth, save perhaps 2Chan and the Russian chan. Those crazy Russians...

real love stories are revenge driven. and vice versa.

Other people have said it but Cred Forums is definitely a more chill and stress-free environment than a lot of other places online because everyone says shit like "kill yourself" all the time and the words have zero sting, they don't mean anything here.

Maybe that's not true if you take this place the slightest bit seriously but you shouldn't do that.

Other places you can get attacked for years for the stupidest shit.

user that's great, I'm happy for you.

Cred Forums has probably been deleterious to my mental health.

You know what film is more like Django than Blazing Saddles?
Wild Wild West.
It's got basically the same plot and cast

It's a comfortable nihilism where our baseline is that nothing has any meaning when we say it until we adjust ourselves.
Nihilism only results in the kind of sociopathy and cynicism and cruelty you see in movies and mental asylums when you're comparing the real world to an idealized one in your head
Here, there's no bar so there's no comparison

>the trolls and shitposters who you angrily claim "live at their mom's house and have no lives" are in reality, the happiest of them all

No they aren't. Most of them look like autistic losers that nobody would come near, usually are extremely unhappy with their lack of sex and friends, and become increasingly more bitter while cherrypicking things such as this to reinforce a sense of purpose into their useless, meaningless lives in order to fill a huge, empty void that will consume them and cause them a live of unhappiness, lonliness and dieing alone having wasted the best years of their life with no footprint or impact on the world.

The way I see it, everyone has to get their bile out. It's going to come out eventually, better to release it over the internet to strangers than go make an ass out of yourself by getting into a beef with an uber driver for having one of those dashboard hula girls.

>Supernatural

yes, exactly that's what you have to believe in order to sleep at night because you just can't accept that YOU are the bitter, unhappy person.

You can come on Cred Forums and have a normal life with normies. It's not mutually exclusive

This is nothing new, everyone knows that stupid people are always happier

But allowing yourself to get trolled and getting unreasonably angry online is actually a sign of stupidity.

Not really. I love Cred Forums and have a good paying job, decent looks, great girlfriend and a social life.

The key to life is moderation. When you read about and see pictures of Cred Forums meetups, you'll notice the things I talk about. You get caught up and miss the important things in life. You have to be able to balance and prioritize both. I am able to come to Cred Forums and have post, and I am able to have a social life where I can easily fit in and have a good time with normies.

I don't mean to come off as mean-spirited, but when I read the confession threads here, it seems many fall under circumstances I had prior mentioned because they get to caught up in living one life and gaining self-awareness too late.

Someone sounds jelly of our happy lifestyles.

Is ignorance actually bliss?

Will the rise of the internet and seeing news all the time cause more people to turn cynical and turn normies into shitposters?

>See

tl;dr lol u mad and jelly

Is south park the only show that gets internet culture?

Judging from Faith Hilling, they didnt get it just a few years ago. Since then they got a little less extremely old and unhip.

By the way, do you figure The Fractured But Whole got delayed so they can do a tie in episode at the end of the series?

Did we watch the same episode? Because from the looks of it he was trolling the moms for the majority of the episode.

>by the end of it all turd sandwich will be photoshopped with a dick in her mouth and will just pass it off as no big deal while every one around her loses their mind.

Gerald gets to let all his anger and frustations out making mean internet posts and photoshopping dicks. He also gets attention which he likes.

He doesn't care about the election to get into giant arguments.
He doesn't need member berries to feel happy and remember happier times.

Herba herba wey
Herba herba herba wey

I know we all joke and such. Call each other faggots and shit, but I always felt that Cred Forums is filled with a lot of regular joes that for the most part live pretty decent lives.

It's why I hate the Normie meme,I'm pretty sure I have been talking to same people I have been talking to since I first showed up on Cred Forums back when Japan time was a thing.

>I love the joke, but it's not as funny because that's kinda how the world is already
Americans everybody

>Felt like some advertisement
Or just a pretty obvious callback to what they did like a season or so ago..

>mfw remembering the hype over TF2 updates

I think I need a few Member Berries.

Anyone else get kind of a death note vibe from the cackling jew scene with Gerald and the Denmark lady?

>He's testing the water to see if anyone else feels the same as him.
Just like we all do.

Pretty much.
Fucking this. Same here, but less about general communication, more being able to have discussion that's either that or something really niche or specific. And in a tone that's anywhere from needlessly hostile to completely amicable, all with the safety of forced anonymity.
This place is heavenly when you think about.
...Oh shit, it's our Outer Heaven

they know that only that kind of people still watches this show so they are pandering to them

>aren't we so happy and better?! *wink wink*

>death note

What board do you think you're posting on right now?

i wonder why noone made the shitposting intensefies meme out of this episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=3xJNE7I17k4
everything will be fine :)

>Implying Matt and Trey aren't total grandpa's
The E-celebrities/PewDiePie season had them hilariously wrong.

>Let me refer you to shit I made up

I think it's a fishing hat

It actually made me nostalgic for all the trolling I used to do as a kid on sites like deviantart and fanfiction.net I even remember the times I would participate in raids to start flamewars in the youtube comments.
I'm legitimately wondering if I should go back to griefing and trolling people online

The rules are different for comedies.

Basically pol is right I gues
To be honest I find irl interactions so draining you are never 100% in the clear about what you can and cannot say, banning anonymous interaction online will depress a lot of people because you are taking away thier ability to be themselves

I'm curious, do you know what they look like or are you just guessing based on pre-conceived notions?

Seeing Pepe make the news and having anchors speed out and try to tie a cartoon frog from the Internet to white supremacy had me giddy. It's never about action, it's about the reaction.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6L2NG6x9dI

trolling is easier today than ever you don't even need to try and keep up any ruse just post "FAGGOT" and the comments or the thread is all about how dare someone say faggot

Buying Pixar

You sometimes have to stir the pot a little bit you know?

Here is the thing when you make up a bunch of crazy rules nobody can follow to imprison them you are also imprisoning yourself
Can anyone on tumblr, you know, the people who bully teenagers to suicide, follow these insane rules? No of course they can't
If we get forced to post every little thing with our real names then its they that are going to suffer the most this literally only benefit big corporations and hurts every single other person
When will you finally learn that the government and big corporations and agenda pushing people and anyone with power only cares about himself?

>tfw I don't like Mel Brooks and I'm not sure why opther people like his stuff so much
I don't even know why, it's not like I don't like Jewish humor either. Spaceballs was alright.

>he's only trolling the moms
No he isn't.

He's still harassing the fourth grade girls.

Because Cred Forums is too busy being happy that the jew is being portrayed as a divisive force, and Cred Forums practically doesn't make memes.

Didn't he move on to the Dane?

>I love the joke, but it's not as funny because that's kinda how the world is already
but that is the joke

Cred Forums has an underlying chill to everyone calling each other faggots, we're not quite the edgy hate machine we're portrayed as that would be spamfiltered-chan.

pretty accurate. i rarely get agitated. and i find myself laughing or at least chuckling for about 1/3 of the day on average

This. I can function really well and happily in society, but I get anxiety around people I don't know. Cred Forums, and to a lesser extent some shitposting on r/CFB, has helped me a lot.

Is that Ocelot with a stand? I need BB stand badly now.

That when you don't care about something (especially meaningless stuff) it can't hurt you

Where it will likely go though is showing that it does end up having an effect, and Gerald may get a taste of his own medicine. It may also go with him becoming obsessive with it, and that never caring about anything can make you a pretty shitty person

>trolling has become a commonly understood mainstream thing, but none of them really understand it

Good job, South Park. It's rare you don't see trolls depicted as anything other than monsters under bridges, instead of its true meaning.

Agreed.
The fact that people replaced it with "baiting" is pretty ironic.

Randy can be a lot of things, but he would never do such elaborated harm without feeling bad about it. His fuck-ups are more in the line of "I'm too lazy to do things right" or "I didn't mean to cause problems. Please, spare me".

not so underrated post.

I find it funny because it illustrates an interesting moral that people in the real world really need to take note of.

At the end of the day, it's not Gerald making people miserable with his trolling, they're doing it to themselves. I mean who gets mad about some random person you don't even know saying mean things about you or doing something as juvenile as photoshopping a dick in your mouth. The people he trolls are the ones responsible for their own feelings, they are the ones who are letting something so small get to them. The assumption they make that he must also be miserable and a failure at life is a reflection of their own reactions to his trolling too. They WANT for the person who made them angry to be doing worse in life than them because it would somehow validate their own existence.

It's just words and images on a screen. If you let something that small and meaningless bother you, what does that say about you?

It contrasts well with

>Signs that my child is a troll
>A disappointment

kek

You sound like a fag.

>It's not gerald making people miserable
Yes it is.

If you really believe that user, then gives us your email address.

To be fair it's probably hyperbole, Django was heavily criticized for its liberal use of nigger despite its setting and tone

Member when people used to just say don't feed the troll?

What is Gerald doing? He is leaving mean comments.and pictures online. Meanwhile the boys and firls both had a fucked up witch hunt It's people's reactions that are far more harmful than anything he is doing. He gets off on reactions.

>That when you don't care about something (especially meaningless stuff) it can't hurt you
THIS. I always laugh whenever butthurt cartoonists draw I AM SILLY representations of trolls as these seething, angry (usually ugly because strawman) nerds who take everything too seriously.

They're not the ones angry about things. They don't care about things because usually, they're so desensitised nothing can get to them any more. The people who take their bait are the ones who care too much, and upsetting and enraging others is precisely what amuses them.

People don't troll to get angry, they troll to get a laugh. And when other people are angry and offended and you're just laughing because you don't care then yeah, actually you are the happier person.

tl;dr, people who don't give a fuck and take nothing seriously are the happiest people.

Again, not a regular watcher of South Park.

I also like eating hamburgers and having no foreskin.

>what is gerald doing?
Being a coward.

Gerald is responsible for these actions, that fucked up witch hunt is his fault.

You can't control an anonymous shitposter but you can control your own actions and response.

It's easy to say you don't care when you're anonymous but give us your personal details then we'll see how long till you cry like a little bitch.

>you can't control an anonymous shitposter
Actually yeah you can.

>this is true
>i'm a happy well adjusted person
>i make a lot of money
>i have a loving family
>and i shitpost all day on an image board
>trolling is positive and therapeutic

>If circumstances were different, things would be different
You don't fucking say?

Everyone on Cred Forums is anonymous. Anybody has the ability to be anonymous here. Anybody on social media has the ability to be pseudonymous and hide their real identity. This is the realm people are entering into when they go on the internet. In the earlier days people knew and accepted that - Now all the normalfags just expect the internet to be like real life. It isn't. It's the internet. So fucking get used to it or get out.

So you're saying a coward.

Me like your way of thinking

whole episode about
>how can we stop him
just block him
>k
done

>tl;dr, people who don't give a fuck and take nothing seriously are the happiest people.
I dunno, not having anything you really like and care about sound like you'd be a pretty boring person. Sounds like making others upset or angry is all you have

hes just trying to enjoy his safe space is all

Because South Park had a whole episode on Minecraft and not Bratz/Winx Club

>not Bratz/Winx Club
That's the biggest disappointment

Surely you arnt a coward user. Show him by posting your facebook.

He's not outright saying it but yeah, it's cowardly. And that's alright. People are hateful, cowardly, self-centered assholes by nature and we've repressed those instincts in order to function as a society. The internet isn't a society so who gives a shit if they're being terrible if it's done in a way that doesn't affect real life?

I'm not the one who saying he doesn't care about anything.

Wow what a coward.

>People are hateful, cowardly, self-centered assholes by nature and we've repressed those instincts
You really aren't building that whole "trolls are super happy guys!" image any more. You sound like a sociopath desu

You can enjoy things and people without being particularly invested in or attached to them. In fact there a few religious and philosophical schools that view such an outlook as fairly healthy.

There's a kind of serenity that comes from becoming desensitised, and I think overall the world would be a better place if no-one got angry or offended. Perhaps that's the ultimate goal of trolling - Desensitising people so they DON'T care about what other people say any more. Doesn't seem to be working with this new overly sensitive generation though.

You're talking to more than one person.

But not a hypocrite unlike this hypocritical coward.

>You can enjoy things and people without being particularly invested in or attached to them.
Even saying that makes you sound like an incredibly sad and pretty boring. You either can't or stop yourself from really getting into something, never enough you'd be annoyed to see it fucked with so instead enjoy fucking with people who do.

Watch out guys!

This user is clearly CIA; he has cameras in everyone's homes and can see what the people who say mean things to him online actually look like!

We've been found out!

Withdraw into your neckbeards!

The Point: By claiming that everyone that griefs (You) is unhappy, (You) have exposed (You)rself as the unhappy one.

You'd be hard pressed to find a person who hasn't wondered at least once in their life what it would be like to function with little to no regard for social mores. Just because you acknowledge that there's a level of enjoyment to it doesn't mean that you're evil or bad. It's just how humans function.

Project more, Mr. Armchair Psychologist

More like he can say 'hey, this isn't worth the negativity'

Only people with mental disorders allow themselves to get depressed or rabidly angry on account of fictional material.

A lack of passion makes you passionless.

>I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me. I fell down into that dark chasm, but the flame burned on and on.

Ironically, looks like I struck a nerve

You can be passionate about the things you talk about on 4chins without being offended that someone says you have shit taste and are also a faggot

You write like, sound like, and are a autist

>only mentally unstable people care about thing
The fuck?

I think it shows that people need a place to vent their frustrations out without fear of walking stepping over eggshells to accidentally offend anyone.

see this is just not true, everyone has something they really care about. it's shit people tell themselves cause they think they are mr big internet troll.

I always find the people who are willing to be the biggest shits online, cry twice as hard when shit comes their way instead. I think it is part of the reason sjw cry so hard

To me, it sounds like he's saying he's afraid to make any emotional investments which isn't healthy.

What about when someone keeps shitting on it throughout the thread, pretty much ruining any conversation on it? And that keeps happening

So what you're saying is that you have a passive personality and you run away from conflict.

What has this got to do with someone's real identity? People troll each other on Cred Forums all day long and both the trolls and the trolled are all anonymous.

It kind of does. But is passion necessarily a good thing? You might not truly be in love with your partner for example, but equally you're not likely to be distraught if they leave you, or want to kill them for doing so. That doesn't stop you from enjoying their company in the moment, while still accepting that it might not last forever.

Ok I was agreeing with you but I'm gonna switch over and say you're a bit of a sociopath my dude

>stop touching me

I always thought that was funny, when people respond to online hate with "oh they're just jealous and miserable, let em wallow in it!" Like that's fucking dumb dude

Because I'm not offended that someone I don't know and doesn't know me called me a faggot for liking something they don't like?

>nuh uh you can too
Well?
How can you make someone you can't see, touch, or meaningfully interact with stop trolling you?

You counter troll

God, Mission Hill was such a good show.

By either blocking them or going to a part of the internet that people like them don't congregate.

It depends what you mean by that. If you just mean respond and be shitty back that doesn't work. If you mean troll something they like then that does work, but it they are just user you'd be hard pressed to know what they like.

Or that some people can decide which things in life are worth truly caring about.

A neurotypical person wouldn't get angry at someone for shitposting about a show they like online, but, at the same time, would find it in their schedule to chimp out if someone throws rocks at their children or keys their car.

It's like you guys don't understand how healthy minds work.

you're right, but this is neo Cred Forums so expect everyone to ignore your points and paint gerald as an evil heartless monster that is ruining the lives of little girls. because that supercedes the fact that they are the ones doing all this shit to themselves.

imagine the butthurt that the guy trolling is not only having fun, but also more successful than those getting trolled. That will boil their piss.

Look at /rwbyg/, they freely admit that their show is pretty shitty and whenever someone criticizes it they'll usually agree with them. But they're still obviously big fans of the show and care about it a lot.

A dumber meme than that all trolls are smelly neckbeards, is that you should only care about something if it is day to day life

This. Blame the self-confidence programs in schools. People need to make sure they are special snowflakes, so they use defense mechanisms against anything that may threaten their fragile self-image.

I mean trolls are not unflappable ruse meisters. As much they hate to admit they can and have gone from trolling to actually caring what people think about them.

You tell them to go fuck off and ignore them. Or you embrace them as a natural part of the community and laugh at them. It's like you've never been in a general thread before.

>neurotypical

stopped reading right there.

>go somewhere without trolls
>posts fucking twitter
nigga u wot

Also
>somewhere without shitposters
Where? Fucking Narnia?

Seriously, you can't get away from people who like to piss off reactive cunts such as yourself.

More likely, you're going to spend all your time running away from site to site, getting blasted by trolls until you grow up and stop being such a little faggot, or kill yourself because someone wrote mean words on the internet about you.

Here's a revelation for you: You can be anonymous too. You too can brush off whatever they say because they know as much about you as you do about them. Just don't hemorrhage personal information about yourself and rob them of ammo.
What are you, 10?

It is being able to identify that though, many times a troll will either fake liking something to use as a sort of personality.

It's like you've never been in a general that was ruined cause shitposting and trolling became the norm over everything else.

There was a good image to describe this, it was like a community that encourages idiots becomes a community of idiots.

What a waste of trips

And no, a community that encourages idiots does not become a community of idiots, it stays pretty much the same if there's discussion to be had.
When you start trying to reign people in is when the shitposting really intensifies.
Then you start banning people and the only ones left are stuffy cunts who only care about following rules and having serious, no-fun discussions with similar-minded people. You basically become Stardestroyer.net, and that's a fate no community deserves.

>implying
Thank you for correcting the record.
baka desu senpai

Generals getting ruined because of shitposting is par for the course. Just make another one when it's run its course. And if the community becomes a community of idiots then just don't be a part of the community. The point is to not give a fuck and to not allow assholes to dictate how you feel about things.

It boils down to a saying that was often used in my old hometown: "If it's not true, why are you getting mad?"

>implying Cred Forums wasn't a community of idiots from the very beginning
Idiots were fine, it's normalfags who are the problem as this thread with all its hand-wringing about trolling illustrates.

Real talk, that's actually shit logic. They wouldn't be mad at it being true. They would be mad at you thinking it's true and acting like it's true when it's blatantly false. I think your hometown is full of assholes.

>They would be mad at you thinking it's true and acting like it's true
who the fuck gives a shit what people think?

I mostly agree. I think it's understandable that a kid would be upset about trolling because, well they're kids. However the adults in South Park really need to take a reality check. I never understood why adults on the internet treated all of it as such an extension of real life.

Like if you're walking down a street, and some nutball calls you an asshole, you brush it off, and forget about it shortly after. But if the same thing happens on the internet these people shut down.

Why? I genuinely don't understand.

>Generals getting ruined because of shitposting is par for the course. Just make another one when it's run its course

And this is why Generals are cancer.

What you think isn't the problem, it's how you look to other people. If you look like you're an idiot, people will think you're an idiot.

>a community that encourages idiots does not become a community of idiots
It really does, when people start to be more interested in just shitposting that's what they will do more. That attracts people who just want to shit post as well. I didn't even say you can stop it when it really gets going, so that is why you don't encourage it.

>And if the community becomes a community of idiots then just don't be a part of the community.
What if the original intent is a community you want to be part of?

> Just make another one when it's run its course
Do you even get how a general works? People follow over to a new thread. Same deal with a normal thread, if someone decides I am always going to shit on this topic they will and make it so people can't talk about it. Not even hard to do.

>The point is to not give a fuck
Then be boring and have nothing you are really interested in, if anything you sound like one of the idiots and not someone who came here to really talk about stuff

How would you like it if you were accused of being a pedo, everyone in your town started talking about it and posting that you were online? Unless you are actually the basement dwelling nerd that shit can affect your life

Bruh, Cred Forums loves shonen shit. The fuck are you talking about.

Who goes around throwing insults at people their friends and family will actually believe and cause them to change their behaviour towards someone? Does your town have an infallible insult man who goes around accusing people of things?

If it's friends who are doing it in the first place it's just banter, nobody but the most autistic gets offended when friends take the piss out of each other.

Don't mind him, he thinks that because this is the comics and cartoon board, no one here watches or reads anything else

People care about what another person thinks when what that other person says is undeniably false and vocally expressed like it's an undeniable truth.

If people who know you are going to believe some random nobody on the internet with no evidence over you, they're pretty shit people. Or you actually are a pedo.

are you stupid?

So you're saying people that know me and like me will willingly choose an anonymous shitposter's side over my own? Isn't that what'd you call slander in real life? Are you really that paranoid? If you talk some of tumblr's witch hunts then that's a terrible example because no one important gives as shit about tumblr.

So you're saying evidence means nothing to people, and they'll just believe anyone who says something untrue with enough conviction?

Actually given the way tumblr functions you might have a point.

>What if the original intent is a community you want to be part of?
Then it'll be a huge shame that a promising community fell to shit. Get over it and move onto another one. It's the internet. There are tons.
>Then be boring and have nothing you are really interested in
Not giving a fuck isn't the same as not caring about anything, you blithering autist. Not giving a fuck means consciously choosing what is and isn't worth using energy on.

You didn't answer the question, you avoided it. It is incredibly easy to start rumours on the internet. It's like you really have no idea how far you can go with this stuff with enough effort, trolling is more than just random posts on Cred Forums

I even remember one feud between on youtube lead to someone faking a facebook account to talk to all the other person's friends and spread shit. Think it was to do with that atheism is unstoppable guy, real lolcow who gets his fans to do that kind of shit

Because thought dictates speech and action.

Pic related.
I feel that it should be hammered into everyone's skull that this is absolutely not the case and believing so is an incredibly dangerous mindset.

>Then it'll be a huge shame that a promising community fell to shit
And someone isn't allowed to care about that? Especially cause some hobbies are small so finding a new group you like is hard, and people prefer different sites and formats so they might not want another one

Your just don't care argument is asinine, if you are able to instantly just go oh well doesn't matter then you really didn't care all that much in the first place, you had no real attachment or are bottling those feelings

At a certain point conviction is just stubbornness and it's not worth the effort to try to maintain something that will never be what you wanted it to be. If you care about something then it won't matter where you go because you'll be able to enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy regardless of what community you become a part of. I could stop using Cred Forums right now but I could still find other places to talk about comics and cartoons because I care about them enough to not have what I'm passionate about tied down to a single forum.

>that this is absolutely not the case
People never act on what they hear about someone? I seriously doubt you have never acted a certain way around someone because of what you heard about them

>You didn't answer the question
It wouldn't happen because my friends and family would not blindly believe some random nobodies sending them social media messages badmouthing me. In fact they would probably tell me someone was wrongly accusing me of crimes and encourage me to report them to the police. You really don't have much faith in your friends user.

But more than that, it wouldn't happen in the first place because I'm careful with my personal details. Anybody who is liable to get that pissed off at me is likely only to know me via a pseudonym which has no links to my real name. If they're somebody I actually know under their real identity who is making false claims about me, I actually would report them to the police.

I was talking about the general public, believe it or not but they matter too.

>At a certain point conviction is just stubbornness and it's not worth the effort to try to maintain something that will never be what you wanted it to be
That isn't a relevant point. That doesn't mean you shouldn't care and be sad

>If you care about something then it won't matter where you go
What if you cared about that community?

Thought can certainly influence speech and action but it sure as fuck doesn't dictate it. People who think the former dictates the latter are the kind who would want to see people on Cred Forums brought up on criminal charges.

How is someone going to badmouth you to the general public? Take out an ad in a local paper? Drive around town with a megaphone? Aren't people just going to say "who?" unless you're some kind of celebrity?

If you have your social media pages set to public you deserve everything you get.

>That isn't a relevant point. That doesn't mean you shouldn't care and be sad
I'm not saying you shouldn't care or be sad. Like I said, it's a shame. But don't wallow in sadness or stubbornly refuse to try and change something that isn't worth the effort.
>What if you cared about that community?
Then be sad for a bit and move on. People who cling to a community like that sound almost codependent.

This place makes me happy for a mix of reasons. One of the ones that springs to mind is that I have a place where I can actually call vidya and movies shit without getting banned. Usually.

>Thought can certainly influence speech
You just lost any point you had then, the whole town saying doesn't work

I feel like there's a misunderstanding in semantics here. Influencing isn't the same as dictating. Influencing is a more nuanced term whereas dictating is absolute. I'm saying that while there are plenty of cases where thought has influenced speech and action, they are not dictated by it. Someone thinking something absolutely doesn't imply mean that they will do said thing.

>wallow
See now you are making up shit, I never said wallow I said simply care and that can mean you cared a lot and were very sad.

You can't just make yourself get over something, that is just called bottling your feelings. It is something that takes time if you want to actually stay healthy

Now you are just trying to define your way out, doesn't change that saying is bullshit. If it is not true it can still have an effect including a very large negative one

I never put a damn time limit about getting over something. If you're sad then be sad but don't be fucking sad forever. You've lost a community on the internet not a goddamn parent. Learn to place appropriate emotional weight on things.

Ok, now I'm just genuinely fucking confused. Which saying are you specifically referring to?

Not that user but you sound like English is your second language.

It's mean.

;-;

Then I agree with you that the statement is bullshit. Hell, I'm the user who said that that guy's town is full of assholes for using that phrase regularly. What I don't agree with is because it implies that if a person thinks a thing they absolutely will do a thing. I literally just thought about raping your face. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it.

>because it implies that if a person thinks a thing they absolutely will do a thing.
I can see how you would take it that way but it isn't really the point

He didn't say that every thought causes an action, but the actions you do take are dictated by thought/s.

Oh. Well then he's right.

Jesus, that was a clusterfuck of an argument.

No, it's not. The reason he is not responsible for their responses is because when someone is willing to actively harm an entire community that may or may not have to do with the harm they perceive is being put on them, they will eventually be triggered anyways. It could've been Gerald, it could've been a one-eyed donkey humping a giraffe. If a group is SO oversensitive that they are willing to blame 50% of the human race for the actions of one or two people, then it is their fault and their fault alone. Because they would eventually get pissed off at SOMETHING and wage war on that 50% of humanity, basically meaning that Gerald is just a means to an end of justify their own loathing.

Very important to note is Wendy's note to Stan, claiming 'I can't fix you'. What the fuck did Stan do? Nothing. He didn't think it was funny, the other boys didn't think it was funny, and they tried to make the perceived enemy stop doing it. But they go blamed for it anyways despite having nothing to do with it and denouncing it. Do you really think that a group that would place that kind of blame despite ALL the opposing evidence would not find SOMETHING to piss them off about? Gerald's actions are an excuse at best.

>No, girls are being hypocrites in perhaps the biggest way so far, but I don't see how it would come back around on them in the same way as the guys really.
>With the guys, character development revolves around them, so you see their actions have consequences and bad points. With the girls, it doesn't really carry the same weight. The girls at the moment have more a role of being consequences for the guys, rather than characters

That's the worst cop-out i ever heard, and if they are not supposed to pull any punches, they better realize this!

Or are they actually afraid of pissing off feminists aside from one episode?

>what the fuck did stan do
Be a cynical asshole.

>It's the second episode of their season long story arc and Cred Forums is already thinking that this MUST mean that they support the notion of trolling

I'm not saying they aren't but come the fuck on now, it's the second bloody episode.

Don't you think that if they flipped that all around it might be the ultimate troll? To troll the trolls? Fuck knows, but I'm not jumping to conclusions any time soon

It's pretty obvious that Wendy's going to begin feeling guilty and she'll start a conflict with the other girls.

>no it's not
Yes it is.

>co/ is already thinking that this MUST mean that they support the notion of trolling
Who's saying that? We're just discussing the talking point OP presented. I don't think anybody is making assumptions one way or the other about what the show's intended message is, whether Gerald was presented as a good guy or a bad guy is irrelevant to this discussion.

Nice comeback, buddy. Everyone is super convinced now.

When wars get started over a single shitposter then you can be right. Until then Gerald is innocent. If anything the girls are more to blame those stupid dumb bitches.

His humor is not for everyone, but there's such a casual charm to it. Even watching Mel Brooks talk about random stuff is a delight.

Yeah, the girls sure are hypocrites by blaming all men. Nothing like when people blame all feminists, or all Muslims on the actions of a few , right?

Yeah man, what bitches.

I really didnt get that impression but it'll be nice to see the next episode regardless.

Does anyone have the archive link of the first episode? I want to see Cred Forums's reaction on Kyle'a dad being the troll.

Check the thread again mon ami and tell me people aren't taking this as "Trolls are the happiest people, people who get offended are the ones being shat upon"

Yes, they're agreeing with SP's depiction of a troll as being largely accurate (and if anywhere would know, Cred Forums would), not that SP is saying that makes trolling good or that the show thinks trolls are good people.

She literally said "I don't know if I can do this."

And maybe a simple change of heart occurred? The I cant fix you was pretty personal.

People seldom blame all feminists though, just the crazy vocal ones. The reason they blame the crazy ones is because they're mostly full of shit. Like claiming video games make people sexist despite the fact sexual crime has been dropping steadily.

A lot of the hate comes from the fact that they ARE hypocrites. All these activists keep calling for an open discussion, but as soon as statistical evidence is brought up, they begin trying their hardest to stifle discussion.

You've got a point with the Muslim part though. The chance of actually meeting a terrorist is incredibly low. However to pretend that Islam doesn't have social issues of its own is naive.

Not really. Sometimes this place really pisses me off enough to ruin my day because it gives me insight on how people really are when they speak their minds.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Mate, people do blame all feminists all the time. What the fuck are you smoking.

Any time a nutter goes on an anti men rant people blame all feminists.

I even saw a post on Facebook the other day in which women, none of whom seemed to identify as feminists laughed at the notion of a bloke being raped at gunpoint and the caption underneath called out the hypocrisy of feminism as though all feminists instantly agreed with it.

I'm far from a feminist, but even I can see bullshit when its put in front of me

I'm just saying it's not a sure thing. It's not like they always do the most obvious thing or even follow up on hints.

>Gerald is innocent
No he isn't.

So if you do something that causes a direct response, you are no way in fault for that happening? Causes someone else may have caused it to happen if you didn't?

That makes no sense

[citation needed]

>everyone should be held accountable for their actions except for me.

How is Gerald innocent? Cause his actions are directly responsible for everything the girls did.

>people aren't responsible for their own actions

And how exactly is he supposed to be held responsible for how other people reacted to his actions? Gerald did not make anyone do anything.

So your evidence that people hate all feminism is an implication you got from a captioned Facebook photo?

Well congratulations, you've seen what modern feminism has become. Things change, and sometimes for the worse. It's no longer a noble pursuit towards equality of opportunities, but a mad scramble to find the tiniest thing they can get angry over.

And honestly, calling out the hypocrisy is fine, because I guarantee you if the genders were reversed in that situation (and men were laughing about it), there would be a total shitstorm of internet drama.

>All these tumblrinas getting triggered by Gerald
What the fuck happened to you people?

You didn't answer my question.
>how is Gerald innocent.

I dont know how you do things in your country but here in Murrica you're innocent until you are proven guilty.

>Gerald did not make anyone do anything
That's simply not true.

It quite simply is.

The show already proved it.

You still have yet to cite anything.

it really isn't.

Women aren't equal in society or in media.

Yes they are a hell of a lot more equal now than what they were, but they aren't equal in job opportunities or in representation.

Its easy to point at quotas for hiring women and claim it's bullshit and discriminatory, and you'd be right, but doing just that ignores the need for them

It isn't, his comments as skankhunt42 (Cause) is the sole reason why the boys broke Cartman's shit and why the girls broke up with the boys (effect)

Cite what? The episodes that we all watch?

>If a group is SO oversensitive that they are willing to blame 50% of the human race for the actions of one or two people, then it is their fault and their fault alone.
>Because tey would eventually wage war on tha 50% of humanity

Suddenly this mirrors modern feminism. Though modern feminism has justifiable motive behind all their insane, irrational, insipid banshee screeching and autism. The girls in the show however are just completely entitled and being totally irrational.

>entitled
In what sense?

No no no see that's where you have made your mistake in logic, understandable really. The girls being a bunch of uptight, humorless cunts are what caused the boys to break Cartmans stuff and break up with them.

How are the girls being hypocrites? They simply disassociated from the boys.

And the show didnt say anything about him being guilty. If you say it did you did not point out where or when.

Representation where? In the higher tiers of employment? Isnt that pretty much the same thing as job opportunities?

In film and TV I meant.

Sure we're getting a lot of hamfisted attempts at having strong women in films at the moment, but before now there was Ripley and Sarah Conner and that was pretty much it

>the show didn't say anything him being gulity?
What kind of bullshit metric are you working from?

Wanting "Strong women" representation sounds pretty nitpicky. There's still plenty of females in the film and TV industry, lots of them are some of the most famous and highest earning as well.

>What kind of bullshit metric are you working from?
Common sense and what was actually shown?

Exhibit A
>skank hunt the episode that showed Gerald is the gulity party
I rest my case

If you don't think that having women in mostly subservient/secondary roles in film doesn't reinforce the notion to a society that equates women in the same way then I don't know what to say to you mate

I'm not saying there needs to be some sort of bullshit 50/50 split or whatever, but there does need to be more positive representation of women on our screens and arguing for that is in of itself not a bad thing.

What was actually shown was that Gerald is gulity, the complete opposite of innocent.

So you're saying people have absolute control over others and nothing they do is their own free choice? Free will does not exist?

By that logic Gerald isn't responsible either because something made him become a troll, and so on until everything is the fault of some primordial ooze for evolving, or the fault of the sun for allowing the planet to develop an atmosphere that could harbor life.

>Common sense
Doubt
>what was actually shown
Was the complete opposite of what you're saying.

Fucking sun, thinks it's so great

Are you saying that people cannot be influenced?

They feel themselves above the notion that someone can harrass them, not even some stranger on the internet, and expect everyone to bend over backwards to support and fight their battles instead of growing a thicker skin and ignoring it. They even went to the point of alienating all of the boys for not being complete white knights for them even when they genuinely tried to help, much to their ignorance.

The notion of women being identical to men and being held back by evil male conspiracy is ingrained into the very core of feminism. The very rotten, entitled core.

What you said reminded me of the Andy Griffith episode where a couple kept venting their frustrations unto the other within their own home.

Andy tried to pacify the situation by making them play nice and get along, Fife told Andy, by the conclusion of the episode maybe the couple need to vent due to the enviroment they're in i.e., everyone not saying what they truly feel and all, so the only way for the couple to not become bitter is for them to vent and it is good to release those feelings be it negative or positive.

Who said the girls had no responsibility for their actions? There can be responsibility at every stage

What Gerald did caused what the girls did, he is in the wrong for causing that. The girls are in the wrong for what they did, and the boys are in the wrong for attacking Cartman cause of what both Gerald did and what the girls were planning to do

They can, but ultimately it's someone's choice whether to ALLOW others to influence them. Allowing other people to influence you is the easy option in life, because it means you don't have to think for yourself or recognise that you're responsible for your own actions or justify your own behaviour. You can always blame someone else.

It's a physical law that every action has a equal amd opposite reaction, this is indisputable. Geralf harassing the fourth grade girls had the reaction of them breakong up with their boyfriends.
Gerald is the primary cause and is the root of everyone's problems.

No joke, this is the last place I can actually talk about whatever I want without shitty mods deleting things because my opinions go against the grain.

That applies to physics, not social interaction, you mong

I think your metaphor started weak and broke down completely later the same sentence.

I'm happy...

moot said something on his last Q&A that stood out to me.

A place founded by hate of something will never last. He was mostly referring the other "chans" that were created as a spite against moot.
and SlowChan is no different. They legitimately think they're some sort of "internet rebellion" because moot told them to fuck off.

>physical law
>applying to non-physical concepts
Fucking academics thinking their corner of academia is applicable everywhere

Using your own logic, Gerald's actions must have been caused by something else so he isn't the root and is no longer to blame.

Disprove the logic then. Twll me how A doesn't lead to B.

>he isn't the root
He is tho
>he's not to blame
He is tho

Still true, and you still have yet to cite anything again

Except it didnt

3:

Cite what? We've seen with our own eye that Gerald is gulity.

It didn't say or show he was guilty though

Patriarchy =/= men or a male led conspiricy

And plenty of feminists don't believe there can ever be a true equality of the sexes but rather strive to get as close to it as humanly possible.

TIP
ZA
HAT-O

>if A cause B then C is to blame
Don't say you're gonna use logic then not use logic.

How delusional do you have to be to insist that what happen didn't really happen?

Why do you think this? How did you come to the conclusion that Gerald isn't the gulity party in all of this?

Equality is just a mathematical operation, without concrete input it means nothing. Equality of what and why is it desirable, how will you verify it and how will you guard it against being abused by the unworthy?

Wanting that and achieving it are pretty different things. It can be something to strive for but at the same time other groups are struggling for just work, never mind positive. Not saying it means they should stop but there are bigger issues in that industry

>Social equality is a mathematical equation as opposed to an ideal
>Implying anything relating to social theories can ever truly be quantified

Women can't act.

>a person can only care about one thing at once. Wanting equality on screen and equality in work are just two things that can never be felt by one being

For apparently being so clearly shown no one is doing a good job showing evidence of his guilt

I didn't say that, but that but if that alien did it's pretty messed up

>implying you're not an alien
I'm onto you user, you may have everyone else fooled but not me.
>I'll be watching you.

I'll level with you, I'm pretty drunk and replied to the wrong person. I apologise.

Also Gul Dukat said/did far worse while being a charming as fuck son of a bitch.

As pennance for my mistake, I'll give you some advice. Watch Deep Space Nine. Its a cracking show, if a little slow to start. "In the Pale Moonlight" is a fantastic episode late on if you want to get a feel for it

Watch it user.

Let's play true or false
>Gerald is Skankhunt42
T/F?
>the girls are angry at Skankhunt42
T/F?
>in anger at skankhunt42 and anger at the supposed inaction of the school of properly dealing with Skankhunt42 they take a drastic measure and break up their boyfriends?
T/F

...he literally spends the entire episode trolling people online, as skankhunt42, and then expresses happiness about doing it. He does it while listening to Boston. There's an entire montage of it. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Precisely. All my life equivalists gave nothing but meaningless promises which amount to nothing but promising to make me suffer for being White male.

>I raged against the dying of my own light
lol

And how does that equate him accountable for other people's actions?

HA HA HA HA HA HOW THE FUCK IS CYBERBULLYING REAL

>That made my autism flare up so bad.
Ya don't say?

Because he's the direct cause.

Oh, ok, I thought you were arguing that he literally wasn't SkankHunt42. That would just be ridiculous.

Still, I see where you're going with all this and I think you're full of bullshit. His online actions directly resulted in real life consequences. If you were to take his actions out of the chain events the outcome would never have happened. Anyone who doesn't believe that his behavior didn't have an effect on what happened genuinely suffers from some kind of anti-social disorder.
Underrated reaction image from underrated game.

To see it's his fault is delusion.

If someone was walking down the street and shouted to the other guy across the way "nice shoes faggot" and the other guy lashed out in a fit of rage he alone would be the one responsible. Honestly I'm surprised this place of all places is legitimately arguing for the clearly innocent parties guilt

Lashed out against someone else, being the distinction I meant

They did it again. They distracted you.

You fools its not about shitposting its about the election remember? That damn jew kyles dad.
The jews litterally distracted you from what you really should be focusing on.

I only say this cus T and M always mirror real life. Learn from this and them.

Matt is ethnically jewish.

Identifying guilt in one party doesn't absolve the other of guilt. Yes, the victim was an agent in their own undoing but that doesn't mean the other party doesn't have some measure of responsibility. In your example, the guy who shouted the insult would bear some responsibility for the incident but not as much as the guy who flew into a rage. And there are numerous incidents where that ratio of guilt increases and decreases on both sides, based on the situation. It's not black a black and white issue, user. Gerald may have a questionable amount of responsibility but he is definitely not innocent.

Again, if you think he is then you seriously have a fucking anti-social disorder.

>Honestly I'm surprised this place of all places is legitimately arguing for the clearly innocent parties guilt

Fresh from nu Cred Forums?

He's innocent in the sense that he isnt responsible directly for what others have done. To even say he's responsible for inciting it is delusional as well since he cant know or control how they will respond.

What is that even supposed to mean?

That you're a newfag.

But user, don't you realize that politicians and the jews are one and the same? Jews can't distract us from jews, there's just jews you recognize as jews and jews you can't.
It's turtles all the way down.

Well that's a pretty meaningless statement.

Its meaning is that you have been browsing Cred Forums for a short amount of time.

Its fucking Disney Land here

His being directly responsible is, admittedly, debatable. Personally, I think he was indirectly responsible. But how in the actual fucking hell can you not think that he wasn't responsible for inciting the incident? His behavior have a direct influence on the events that occur. Only a literal sociopath would treat someone like shit and not expect some kind of negative reaction.

>he isn't directly responsible
But he is.

Full of shattered dreams and children?

But how is that relevant?

But he isnt.

He probably thought people would respond in a reasonable way. Like telling him something back? Or blocking him? You know, not totally retarded things like figurative murder and ostracizing an entire gender from the other?

Seriously just fucking block him or something. He can and should expect a response but not what the fuck they're doing, that's just fucking crazy. You can say he is responsible for inciting a backlash against him, sure, but not to the levels they are choosing of their own will to take it to.

You said that you're surprised people on Cred Forums would argue in support of the innocent party which made me think you're a newfag because you haven't been here long enough to know that Cred Forums isn't a hivemind.

Just because you can't predict a reaction doesn't mean that you're not responsible for inciting said reaction. I actually agree that the reactions to his behavior were ridiculous. They should have been like the chick from Denmark and just not given a fuck. Regardless, there was a backlash and, whatever the level, he bears a certain amount of responsibility. And he's definitely not completely innocent.

I knew that but there's still generalities you can glean from boards.

Only a newfag would take those generalities seriously. It's like how people think that Anonymous is full of collectivist activists when those fuckers haven't used Cred Forums in more than half a decade.

Since this isnt black and white i'm still of the mind he's certainly more innocent than he is guilty.

Rumor spreading != Trolling.
The whole thing about what Gerald was doing was just being an asshole to people but he rarely ever said anything about them to anyone else.
And his account was known by the whole town to be that of a troll, it's not like he was doxing them or revealing hidden documents.
In my personal experience, it has to do with the fact that people have an incredibly strict image of themselves in their head. They live their lives according to a tangible standard they've either set-up themselves or has been given to them.
As a physicist, let me tell you that most people don't understand that trolling is literally nothing compared to academia insults.
If your thesis gets dropped in favor of someone else's or they accomplish the same goal before you, there's no amicable back-patting. There's no hobby you can fall back on to say "well I'm better at this than you." When you fail in academia (particularly in Mathematics and Physics), your brain is literally proven to be inferior to another person's. But most of us still go through our practice.
The simple fact is that if you suggest to someone that they are not like their ideal self, they'll get incredibly defensive. I'm not even saying you say they're the opposite of their ideal self, just say that they are something that falls outside of their self-definition and they look at you like you just seduced their partner or something

I didnt say which ones, and some arent that hard to be taken seriously. Only a newfag would put any kind of weight behind a label like newfag is basically what it is.

Jews hate eacher other. They cant even trust each other. Their bonds are based on other things. Theres a lot of backstabbing and game of thrones shit going on all the time. They are just smart enough to work together and not let things go to shit if they have to.

Without cartman being cartman things are going to shit.

In that sense the girls do far worse things than what Gerald is doing. They're the ones who are two-faced bitches going around spreading rumors and talking shit behind each others backs.

Honestly the more this gets discussed the worse they look, even compared to Gerald's actions.

Those generalities are based on those who shout the loudest, not the most common opinion.

This episode provided many moments what would be perfect for Cred Forums banner.

>he doesn't realise cartman will end up being the main antagonist of the season

Why even comment on south park when you don't watch it?

So the common opinion of Cred Forums could be that they love EA and streamlining games?

It was mostly just a bunch of posts saying of course it was the jew and that board was right. Not much different than now but when I wanted to find the thread I just searched member berries and looked for the butters image.

Well and a huge bit of commentary is how co-dependent people are on the internet and, by way of social media, on the interaction with others on it.
Now, I'm not saying "dur, wanting social life? u must be weak" but the degree of reliance people put on their Social Media presence was not healthily depicted.
On the other hand you have Gerald who is healthily disconnecting the two and is perfectly kind and successful to people in real life. He wouldn't be able to do any harm if people were less dependent on their social media existence for constant feedback (they tapped on this a bit in the Safe Spaces episode).
Now, Gerald's distance makes his ability to post online somewhat sociopathic but that doesn't mean HE is a sociopath. It just means his approach to it is that akin to graffiti on the wall. You do things for the hell of them and blow off steam from your less virtuous side so that you're better off when you have to interact with people in a more meaningful way.
Less about Cred Forums and more the game industry as a whole. EA wouldn't be so big if people didn't like their games enough to come back every year

That's true. It's a pretty clear parallel too that they draw between their social media lives and their actual lives with the whole quitting twitter thing. Gerald does seem to be coming out of all this as the most well off and adjusted even though what he's doing isnt nice.

As for EA i think that's one of the things you can say is rather unanimous over there. But it's also a matter of audience and how they dont particularly offer anything appealing to them.

I didn't say common opinion is always the opposite from the loudest opinion so you shouldn't be surprised that some people have a different opinion.

No but you said it rather matter a factly that they come from the loudest people and not the common belief.

I come onto Cred Forums to spew autism and act like a complete degenerate so i don't bottle it up and end up causing a scene. Last time i didn't come onto Cred Forums for a couple weeks i triggered a black girl because i called her black and then told her she shouldn't be ashamed of her heritage when she told me to not call her black.