Sevent to Eternity

Rick Remender & Jerome Opeña in collaboration with Image Comics present:

SEVEN TO ETERNITY

So with that pedigree, why aren't you reading this, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jucYJSZR9qg
imagecomics.com/features/seven-to-eternity-debut-interview
www89.zippyshare.com/v/XeqvYP8m/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because nobody has bothered to storytime it.

I realize I fucked the title.
Damn.

Why do you need a storytime to read comics?

i'm terrified it will become bi-annual and don't wanna get invested. i know it's great

I was about to pick it up on wednesday but i had 5 books already and i work on a budget, hoping theres still a couple copies at the shop next week.

Looked cool enough to at least warrant an issue one read.

Hope so, went back to print same day.

I am but I trade wait.

uh, whoops

Nice well if you're actually storytiming it now I'll do what I normally dont and read it now and pick it up later if i like it..... oh the pressure's on now. lel

I guess we can see where this goes.

LISTEN TO HIS SONG

And this is the end of the first segment.

Because I'm a societal leech without a job

>that no matter what happens...
>never hear the Mud King's offer.

youtube.com/watch?v=jucYJSZR9qg

so.....you're only posting the first 16 pages?

don't be a faggot.

bümp

Sorry, a little busy. I have an exam tomorrow.
Didn't even intend to do that.

Shall I continue?

Yes please

>It's a Roland of Gilead episode

wew

Xorn?!

Not sure why I spoiler'd this one.

Read the issue last night. Honestly getting sick of Remender's nihilistic approach to everything he writes. He use to be one of my favorite writers until I realized all he likes to write is depressing as fuck scenarios with little to no hope of a happy outcome. Deadly Class #21 was the last straw for me. I thought I could give him another chance with this book but christ he needs help. He's openly admitted to being depressed but he needs to learn to be a little optimistic in his writing.

Here's the Welcome to Zhal playlist.

Calling it now: Asymmetrical sleeve gril best gril.

So she'll probably die.

Go buy it!

Will our hero accept?

Have the back cover cause why not?

Also an interview, imagecomics.com/features/seven-to-eternity-debut-interview

Fuck man Opena's art is beautiful but I can't stand anything Remender writes anymore.

I find Rememder's stuff really hit or miss, but this is interesting enough so far. I do think it's channeling The Dark Tower with a slightly weirder fantasy/sci-fi aesthetic.

I picked this up on Wednesday and read it tonight.

The story and setting is good so far, and the art is great.

I'm lucky I already put this on my pull list. My LCS sold out before I got there after work. I got the dragon rider variant.

Easily my favorite new series this year

Of course he will, Remender protagonists are perpetual fuckups who only exist to make bad decisions and if they're lucky a die a bittersweet death

Fear Agent has one of the happiest and most beautiful endings of all time, while being brutal as shit throughout. You're just wrong

Most likely. There's no way, or point, if he can kill the villain next issue, and there's no way he can nail him on the spot. I'm interested in how this will turn out though.

looks like a builder

I dunno, the guy really likes tragedy, but he's also a sucker for happy endings.

>here's no way, or point, if he can kill the villain next issue
Ya know, as unlikely as it would be, it could be really cool to see if the Mud King could still be the villain in death.
Like, his whispers never stop spreading or something like that.

A builder you say?

Solicits for issue 2 & 3
#2:
>Now face to face with the God of Whispers, enslaver of worlds, all that stands between Adam Osidis and his heart’s every desire is one simple compromise, to bend the knee.

#3:
>The last Mosak charge headlong into battle against the Mud King and his terrifying guardian, the Piper. Will Adam join the fi ght, even though the Mosak were the cause of his family’s downfall

Fear Agent is the only Remender work I like all the way through, UXF is uneven, I dropped Low five issues in, Deadly Class is Remender complaining about people who pissed him off as a teenager.

I really liked Fear Agent and I keep reading Remender's work hoping for something as good but I'm always disapointed

Did you check out Venom or his Secret Avengers?

> UXF is uneven

It's a shame the Otherworld stuff was so awful, Captain britain has a lot in common with other Remender protagonists. A self hating alcoholic who doesn't want the responsibility he's been given, but does it anyway

While Venom was great secret avengers was a mess mostly because of Marvel events and editorial fuckarounding.

Skip the AvX arc. It is wholly inconsequential.
Nothing changes.

I've always liked his X-Force run, i don't really see the problem with it.

Its the same problem i see people having with Black Science, that its so bleak... thats the story he's telling and theres certainly room in the comic landscape for serious sci-fi stories with stakes attached, if you're reading his stuff hoping your waifu lives to the end you're reading the wrong writers stuff.

and yet shit like The Walking Dead is still doing well... its kinda confusing.

>don't really see the problem with it
The arcs for Otherworld and the dark alternate future were low points. But I loved the end with Daken's new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

>i don't really see the problem with it.
Tochini's art just didn't jive.
Still, a decent arc, I think, but definitely the weakest point of the series.
Days of Preemptive Future was a lot of fun though.
What was wrong with it?

I haven't read those yet, they're in my backlog

I don't think my problem is that it's too bleak or I'm mad characters die but at a certain point it stops being engaging. It's hard for me to pinpoint what exactly it is but something about his writing makes me stop caring about the characters and what's going on

Secret Avengers is pretty comfy, actually.
Venom is more "edgy" than bleak, really. Flash is also a nice guy.

I think it could be a thing that you intentionally keep yourself from getting invested because you kinda know what to expect (tragedy).

R.I.P.

Not that user, but I think I get what you mean.
I feel it more in black science though. His characters just get shit repeatedly and never catch a break and sometimes it's hard to keep rooting for them or engaged in the face of what looks like nothing but never ending tragedy. (The same goes for deadly class).

In saying that though, it doesn't stop me from reading his work and whilst it might grate against me a little remended is still one of my favorite writers.

Seven to Eternity 001 (2016) (2 covers) (digital ) (Minutemen-LyingCat Geist)
www89.zippyshare.com/v/XeqvYP8m/file.html

#4's solicit is out, though a faggot made a solicit thread that's actually a "storytime."

Here you go:
>With the lives of their loved ones on the line, can the last of the Mosak decline the Mud King's offer to save them?

Real solid first issue. Thanks OP

this has great potential, love the setting and the art is fucking great

the colours make the art even better, it's one of the times were I really pay attention to the colouring instead of looking at the colours as a support of the art

>He's openly admitted to being depressed
so he likes 90% of artists