Will we ever reach a day where western animation isn't held back by jewish executives who can't draw and retarded...

Will we ever reach a day where western animation isn't held back by jewish executives who can't draw and retarded general audiences? Will western animation ever be anything but CGI garbage again? I just watched pic related and it really made me think how sad the state of western animation is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tWHVvXUw-RU
youtu.be/yuWswFv-Cn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Will we ever reach a day where western animation isn't held back by jewish executives who can't draw and retarded general audiences? Will western animation ever be anything but CGI garbage again?
No.

kon is dead

enjoy your idolshit

B-but, Sausage Party is totally going to change the medium, g-guys!

>If sausage party is a hit, then that means we'll get The Goon movie guys!!!
Fans are so desperate they make such absurd jumps in logic

he was pretentious as fuck and WAY up his own ass, and so is susumu hirasawa

doesnt mean what they make isnt great
just means you shouldnt paw that monkey

It won't ever change, the western industry is focused more on creating something that will be sure to generate a profit, and rarely if ever, take risks that could cost them anything.
Americans are also retarded so most of the symbolism would fly by their heads.

Did you even watch this?

>CGIshit
Not even worth the watch.

>Laika
>CGI

>>CGIshit
If you think about it, it's kinda like about a weird compliment about their skill.

>"the movie’s blend of stop-motion animation for the main action with computer-generated backgrounds is seamless"
>"with computer-generated backgrounds"
CG films are fucking shit, call me something is made in traditional again.

ITT: Cred Forums doesn't know what bait and trolling is

>Will we ever reach a day where western animation isn't held back by jewish executives who can't draw

Artists are one of the least important parts of good animation. You need writers for a compelling story. This is why John K never made anything worthwhile.

>Artists are one of the least important parts of good animation
I know you're baiting but please kill yourself.

I fucking love Laika, but it's one really weird standout in the western animation industry. They're at the very fucking top of the field in terms of craft and quality and all that, but even so all of their movies fail miserably. I mean just look at Kubo's gross versus Sausage Party's.

Laika may have Nike money to fall back on, but constant boxoffice failures aren't about to inspire anyone else to follow their example. There just isn't any money in it.

It's literally true though.

How are those extra chromosomes treating you?

Good animation always outweighs a compelling story. It's the reason why Shinkai movies are so popular.
Kill yourself now.

When the writers are in complete control, we get ugly Adult-Swim tier nonsense.

Or Family Guy.

Or modern Simpsons.

lol, no.

Meanwhile in Japan...

Everybody is tired of Moe garbage, but that's what sells, so that's what they make.

Animation is a miserable profession everywhere.

lol yes
you're the reason why the western animation industry is being held back

Anime fags are literally as bad as bronies. They constantly raid other boards with their shit and post off-topic.

Permaban people for posting anime

It only shows that Cred Forums is the superior medium desu

On a Comics and Cartoon board

I like Shinkai movies because of the stories they tell and the animation is great inasmuch as it helps convey the emotions of the story.

I love 5cm Per Second because of the melancholic slice of life story that plays out, not because it looks pretty.

Shinkai's stories are really bland though. The latest one is a step in the right direction, but still meh.
Visually though, it's stunning.

But user-kun, anime is just cartoons made by nips.

Used to be that westerners couldn't shake the assumption that all animation is for kids.

These days it's either for kids or adult comedy. A step forward but hardly respectable if you're making something that isn't centered around fart jokes.

>shitting on based Shinkai
Off yourself pleb. Shinkai writes the mist nuanced romance and themes. His first 2 movies are some of the best example of sekai-kei, 5cmps is one of the best depiction of romance in all anime. It's just that it's literally 2deep4u. Take a blade, shove it at the side of your throat at start forcing to move it horizontally.

Kill yourself, Shinkaifag.

The funny thing is, a company like Disney could totally do something similar to the Animor Expo.
It wouldn't even cost them that much money, and would allow many of the talented, yet unknown, animators & directors to bring themselves to the forefront and showcase their talents.

I mean I know western animation contests exist already, but how many of them are really well known?

>Satoshi Kon
>Pretentious
You can't say shit like that without providing examples.

>No argument
As expected. Back to Cred Forums and to your Kyoanus general dipshit. I don't want to educate mentally retarded on Cred Forums about Anime, there are enough that needs their education in Cred Forums related content.

>CGIshit
guaranteed replies

If Disney does that, it would seriously bring light to some awesome i indie animators from mueica and EU. They really should.

this. it's so sad,but what can you do? most people just have shit taste

>Will we ever reach a day where (...) isn't held back by jewish executives

No.

gib sauce

Automaton Festivities

eh,he might've been,might've not,either way I enjoyed his movies the most
>tfw Satoshi Kon is dead and won't be producing any more movies
feels bad user

First result on google reverse search

also this

Eh, I like the paired back story in 5cm heaps. I love the emotions running through it even though the plot isn't super engaging, because I don't really care too much about the specifics of the plot.

>Romance anime

there's nothing more cliche, false and unrealistic that Japanese romance.

I might as well watch mexican soap operas

You might as well already watch Fault in Our Stars and 50 Shades so Mexican soap operas will be a step in right direction.

>The funny thing is, a company like Disney could totally do something similar to the Animor Expo.

Problem is, it's been decades since disney saw any value in art.

It's all about markets now. Disney sees no market in fomenting niches (which animation for the sake of animation fits strongly in), so they won't bother.

this desu
disney doesn't care about animation anymore, i don't know why Cred Forums still thinks they do

There is no such thing as good Japanese animation. PLEASE FUCK OFF WEEB.

>I might as well watch mexican soap operas
Why not both?

Why would the executives be drawing the movie?

>this exists
kekimus maximus

You do know paprika had CG in parts of it too, right?

You can't expect a culture obsessed with always doing things the same way to get a grip on what makes romance. Animated or not. Japanese depictions romance almost always boils to the same procedures.

The irony is that like 80% of all seasonal anime is no different from actual acted soap operas, except they don't think stuff made to fill in as wish fulfillment for the watcher is a bad thing. Which is why you get harems and other stuff.

Only good romance I remember seeing in Jap animation was the subplot of Jin-Roh, and it was barely meant to be so.

Well mexican soap operas did realize they were tacky as fuck and proceeded to exploit it in their favour.

nop

Anime is not all that great either. If anything, I feel the anime industry has it worse when it comes to the problems you listed.

For every good anime we get every season we also recieve 12 pieces of brainless moeshit that are only made to appeal to otakus/hikikomoris. These NEETs prevent the anime industry of making more movies and series like Paprika, by the way.

Working as an animator over there in Japan is just one step above slave work. The pay is shit and your mistreatment won't make news unlike here (Sausage Party's animators).

Japanese: youtu.be/tWHVvXUw-RU

American: youtu.be/yuWswFv-Cn8

You decide

These threads need to start getting pruned.

Anime is trash for cucks

It's for patricians.

Just because it's not anime, doesn't mean it's not good. A story is what sells to the heart.

Laika deserves more love.

fuck off

Confirmed for bait

>tfw Kon died 6 years ago

I think you are out of touch with anime user. Moe shows died in 2014 and we only have like 1 moe show this summer season.

Sausage Party's animators were not mistreated you fucking memer

Cred Forums will always be anime imageboard

>For every good anime we get every season we also recieve 12 pieces of brainless moeshit that are only made to appeal to otakus/hikikomoris.
Yeah but
>For every good anime we get every season
>every season
Why are you even complaining?

>unrealistic
Dude anime in general is unrealistic and there is nothing wrong with it.

But summer season only had one moeshit and that was New Game.

>unrealistic and there is nothing wrong with it.
I wished the west could understand this sentiment.

Doesnt anime have the same problems. It's not like Paprika quality shit is the norm.

Sure but that just kinda goes with seasonal stuff. What sales then they make it more. Example isekai is new hot shit in market.

Can't you at least not use a meme picture showcasing solely examples of waifu shit? I thought this thread was about animation, not fap material. Please fuck off to Cred Forums or whatever basement you currently dwell at.

Do people really like Paprika that much? I love trippy dream stuff and found it underwhelming.

Japanese animation is popular and I often feel that the writing is off somehow, either the pacing is off or the plot is too muddled.

>Shinkai has good animation
Gorgeous backgrounds, yes, but his animation isn't that interesting.

Paprika is Kons worst film

>anime
>not fap material

i blame the Western Audience who keep seeing animation as a kids thing and a word meaning "the kid genre" people in the oscars didnt even want it in the Oscars because its kiddie shit

i hope one day we can get a animation studio dedicated to making more mature projects, for kids or for adults well written and well animated it can even be CGI,

i mean, when the west tries they do styles and visuals major anime studios won't because all they wana do is follow the same tropes, and its great

i hope we have some pioneer whose rich enough to put his foot down and demand the best of the best to make great animated films and TV shows

sometimes i dream that its me

Its plot, plots in anime were never really good.

Laika has talent but lacks good writers, the writing and dialog in anything but Coraline is so forced, and cringey it feels unatural af

Coraline was good because it already had an established popular book by a great writer

animation is the best stop motion id ever see, but good animation cant make up for meh writing

false

What anime is that from?

Fairy tail. It is just shitty shounen series with fanservice

You guys always talk about how you have problems with anime writing but you never provide specific examples. This is the worst kind of generalization.

Well, take Paprika for example. But shit, I it's been a long time since I watch it to actually argue how the writers dropped the ball. It could be so much more.

its kinda sad when so many people here praise animation in anime but then openly admit 90% of it is waifu generators and fan service. like, the people who make anime know their fanbase well and have learned what they want and deliver it to them. they want hot waifus, they get hot waifus, even if said hot waifus are the whole show and any actual substantive storytelling is second priority. in shows like Loud House, although there isn't some big deep story, people claim its waifu bait, even though its obvious that;s not the creator's intention, but rather a result of Cred Forums having a hard on for cartoon lolis. yet, as I said before, Loud House gets more flack, despite not being purposeily made for the sole purpose of waifus.

am I the only person who's bothered by this? i mean don't get me wrong, I love me some big anime tiddies, but I'm not gonna sit down and watch a 20 episode season of a show I don't give two shits about just so I can add a waifu to my collection.

That is absolutely not Fairy Tail's art style.

Well, okay, but that's a single movie and not a full series, on top of being one of those "art movies" like Drive where the writing is always vague.

>western animation
>code for "only mainstream American films

Western animation topped anime before Studio Ghibli was even formed.

What you described as happening with Loud House is basically what happens with anime. There's a lot of people who watch anime for the waifus, but it's actually pretty rare that that's specifically what it was intended for. Obviously there's also people who are watching it for the story, which is often continuous in anime regardless of genre.

>uses Ghibli as an example
how to spot an anime pleb 101.

>Fantastic Planet
That film gave me the willies.

what's wrong, did Miyazaki insult your pedophilia?

>anime
how to spot a pleb 101.

>tfw his last request was for madhouse to complete his final film and have it released
>six years after his death, production is still halted with no sign of progress in sight

it's not as strong as the others, but even his "worse" film is still pretty extraordinary and a good watch

It's not FOR you, user, it's for the people who like it, that coincidentally contribute a large percentage of the anime industry's revenue by purchasing merchandise
There's plenty, plenty, plenty of good animation that you personally will like every season. At least two shows, every season, without fail. That's 12 hours of content just for you.
I don't really even understand your point re-reading your post.

But when the artists are in complete control, we get pretentious Gen Zed-tier abortions.

Or Zen Pencils.

Or modern Homestuck.

>get btfo
>n-no but anime is shit though :'^)

Anime, especially modern anime, slavishly pigeonholes their characters in to the same 5 or so roles that you can conceivably understand their entire character within the first sentence. Where characters in the past had traits that happened to align with what we know as the tsundere archetype, nowadays they're writing that archetype specifically as through they're going down a checklist.

The high concepts are almost always fascinating, but dear god the characters are complete shit.

>Or modern Homestuck.
To be completely fair, Hussie is more the writer of Homestuck than he is the artist. But we can blame him for both.

I don't think he requested it as much as a good friend of his vowed they'd complete Dream Machine in his honor. Which is sadder really when you think about it. Wanting to do one final thing for your friend and then finding out that you're completely incapable of fulfilling a fairly simple request. From what I understand most of the framework is done. They just need to get it animated.

I don't really get why Madhouse hasn't pushed it harder. Kon was their crown jewel and anything with his legacy is bound to be a huge success.

I'm going to be really generous to you. You don't have to give multiple reasons. Give ANY reason to use a non-Ghibli film as a standard for measuring quality Japanese animation.

You are right, but it's still a hard topic to discuss. I mean obviously I dropped most of the shows that had really shitty writing. But come to think about Darker Than Black is one of the shows with shitty writing I watched and loved.

There one thing about weird japanese writing I find peculiar. Most western shows with bad writing have plots and character that are boring, unbelievable and uninspired. There japanese series like this, but there also shows like DTB that throw too much setting detail and background information at you in vain hope that it stick. Maybe I'm just stupid or this is cultural difference and Japanese actually love important people talking in offices about shit most viewers won't be able to understand or would forget by the time it's supposed to make sense.

because Ghibli aren't the end all be all studio in Japan that have made quality products

It boggles my mind how Oshii managed to fuck up Innocence that considering how great the first one was.

So what is the reason for using X film instead of a Ghibli film if both are "quality products"? I'm still waiting for 1 (one) reason.

Forgot all about that project. Damn shame.

You are not only one but it doesnt bother me that much because i dont watch those shows anymore expect some like monster musume.

Miyazaki is just grumpy old man and he himself loves lolis.