How would you feel if they continued Watchmen? Not prequel

How would you feel if they continued Watchmen? Not prequel.

I wouldn't read it.

Explain.

It's hacky
The comic has a great ending

Continued where? With Manhattan gone and Rorschach dead, there's only two possible outcomes: Adrian's plan works and there's world peace, or Rorschach's contingency works and nothing changes.

I don't know. I love the characters, but a proper continuation of the original story's ending would be something totally different.

If its not (80s) Alan Moore I don't care.

>Dr Manhattan returns
>Nite Owl and Silk Spectre Adventures
>Rorshach resurrected
>Seeing how Ozymandias's plan worked out after years down the line

Anything could happen its fiction, make some shit up

Both those outcomes can have continuations

>world peace

for how long the world would simply live in "world peace" until they realize there is no alien threat or they realize by themselves there never was an alien threat?

>rorschach's contingency works and nothing changes

things would definitely change if the world found out ozymandias blew whole cities to fake an alien invasion, and there's the aggravating factor that he's American

It would be stupid.

It's another reason why I couldn't give a shit about them incorporating them into the DC universe

Explain.

Ozymandias creates an army of Comedian clones

The real question is 'why?' What does it add to the story? There's a reason it wasn't added to the original story so why is worth telling now?

Watchmen was weird
The first half was about Comedian,the second half had nothing to do with the first half, and in the end nothing was solved.
The black freighter was a waste of time too.

I like Watchmen, but its weird

Moore made it up as he went along

what are you talking about, they already did, they are. Dr. M has been fucking with time, and he's already killed Owlman and Pandora and Ozymandias is kidnapping and manipulating heroes and villains to stop him.

JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11 JEWS DID 9/11

Then there's the story about how Moore only came up with the "electric car" bit because the artist had trouble drawing American fire hydrants

This sounds a billion times more interesting than any fiction ive ever fucking read in my life

what

No one wants this, Didio, Lee, Johns, or whatever DC lackey is asking for them. Implying that Manhattan "stole" DC's continuity is a shitty, feaux-meta way of refusing to admit that you knee-jerked Flashpoint into the The New 52 "reboot" because editorial doesn't know what to do with the characters anymore. Understandably, you've got pressure from WB to become a limitless IP farm for movies and TV, but DC already had that quality. Keeping DC "fresh" and "modern" doesn't mean being embarrassed by the company's past work and pretending it doesn't exist by crossing it with your most perennial paperback graphic novel. It doesn't mean blaming a fictional character for "stealing" what was good about your comics. It's admitting you need new voices and perspectives.

But, no, you'll publish After Watchmen anyway, right after or during whatever line-wide crossover you have with Mr. Oz(ymandias) setting his captured DC heroes against Manhattan, and you'll talk about how if the heroes win they'll start to remember their old histories -- you know, just the parts that are most useful to the WB IP machine. Why wouldn't you? Even if Before Watchmen was poorly received, you've got the bookstore market to think about, which is where you really make your money now anyway. And even if After Watchmen and Countdown 2 Multi crisis are terrible ideas, they'll still look good enough to you on paper.

Sincerely, Wallace West.

i would feel that some executive wants a larger paycheck

you cant hide the truth

bump

>Ozymandias is kidnapping and manipulating heroes and villains to stop him.
That's no more than fanboy wishful thinking at this point.

>How would you feel if they continued Watchmen? Not prequel.
I don't care really, but you know, they ARE in the process of doing this.

CLOCKWOMEN

Frank Miller's The Watchmen
The Flash puts together the pieces of Rosarch's body that have been exploded and brings him back to life. Dr. Manhattan realizes he is cuckold and never shows up again.
Rorsach then makes Adrian read off his plan on live TV(It's actually just cheap shots at Alan Moore). The Flash and Nite-Owl go on to defeat ISIS.

I'd love to see multiple sequels that portray multiple different outcomes of the ending, but the multiverse might contradict Dr. Manhattan's perception of time.

>for how long the world would simply live in "world peace" until they realize there is no alien threat or they realize by themselves there never was an alien threat?
It would require some new diplomatic approaches on side of Adrian to make the nations realize, even if there are no real aliens, it's still bullshit to kill each other.

I would read it.

Let the world burn. Down with morals and ethics.

>anything Rorschach did working

Rorschach's journal contains NO details about the squid plan, all it implicates Viedit in is the bullshit "mask killer" crap he spent the whole book chasing. The public hates superheroes anyways, and they especially hate Rorschach, and a letter from him vaguely incriminating Veidt in something people won't care about anyways, printed in the the back pages of a largely dismissed news rag , will make no difference.

It's be worth it just to piss off Alan Moore.

I doubt he'd care.

>all the creators of Before Watchmen end up dead or ill
Do you really want to know what would happen to the creators of After Watchmen?

There are actually a few stories left going forward. Dan and Laurie indicated they intended to continue their vigilantism. It'd be interesting to see whether their heroics are still necessary, or have become "redundant", as Adrian called them.

There's also the question of whether Rorschach's diary has any impact on Seymour, though that could easily just become a rehash of the basic plot device of the orginal series: Adrian killing to protect his secret.

I'm not exactly averse to it, as none of those characters or themes were Moore's unique creations, but the prequels were so poorly done (with two exceptions), it'd likely be as big a shit-show as the film.

It will atract attention and that will be enough for people to figure out the truth.

It makes for good tabloid read, and someone is bound to pick it up and make a cult about it.

Basically no one will read it and completely believe in it, but it would create a group that will doubt it, and will very well try to make as much noise. It won't reach far but their existence reminds people to suspect.

I think multiverse would work as long as Manhattan knew which time line he was in, or maybe only had knowledge of his own universes timeline

The black freighter was awesome. And I thought it kind of paralleled the main story... The guy destroyed his village trying to protect it from some imagined threat

I'm down if it's mah nigga Wally.

I mean the white one, not the actual nigga

What might be interesting is a series of what ifs that show branching paths the series could have taken. Like, what if Dr. Manhattan spared Rorschach or what if Comedian killed Adrian in the beginning and so on.