Where would I start as someone who knows pretty much nothing about them, Cred Forums?

Where would I start as someone who knows pretty much nothing about them, Cred Forums?

Either Legion of 3 Worlds, or just go back to the beginning of the Levitz era and continue from there.

Just a warning: Legion is CONFUSING AS FUCK. Only Hawkman has a more convoluted continuity.

Can't everything in Hawkman be ruled to as just reincartnation? Only read issue 1 of his 2002 run but I know a bit of backstory such as katar hol etc

>confusing

You people don't even know the meaning of the word.

Someone post the Hawkman pic. I can't find it.

Try Legion of Three Worlds. It works as a stand alone intro to the three different iterations of the team.

And don't worry, the Legion's continuity isn't nearly as convoluted as advertised.

kek, Donna is one of my favourite characters

No. Just NO. That does not even come remotely close to Hawkman.

Is that Hulk as a woman?

How do you feel about her being a living temporal anomaly?

Frankly, they should just roll with that and stop actually trying to give her an origin so she can just go on mind screw-y adventures.

As long as the story's not stupid and they roll with it, I don't care what they use, just don't reset it all the time

Reading through now
>mocking superboy prime's bad writing
so far so good

That's Monstress. She's a sweet rich gal from Xanthu who got turned into a super strong muscle creature.

She's like the Reboot Legion's third team mom.

I never really understood what was so complicated about his origin story. That's not even his origin, that's just a summary of almost every hawk story.

Are Lyssa Drak and Shadow Lass the same race? Also, how come nearly all Legion members names are Noun Gender Pronoun?

Find something better to read. Do these fucks even have any personality?

What happened to Sun Boy?

>Are Lyssa Drak and Shadow Lass the same race?
Yep, Talokian. Johns is a Legion fan, so the reference is definitely intentional.

>Also, how come nearly all Legion members names are Noun Gender Pronoun?
Because they were created in the 50s.

>Do these fucks even have any personality?
If you're looking for something in common, I've got bad news.

I would read the JLA/JSA The Lightning Saga then continue through to Superman and The Legion of Super-Heroes by Geoff Johns.

>Are Lyssa Drak and Shadow Lass the same race?
Yes.

>Also, how come nearly all Legion members names are Noun Gender Pronoun?
Because the Legion are basically hipsters who are roleplaying as goofy Silver Age characters who unironically call themselves things like Superman.

I really like that concept, sounds cool

What doesn't happen to Sun Boy? Dude tends to get shat on a lot.

>Because the Legion are basically hipsters who are roleplaying as goofy Silver Age characters who unironically call themselves things like Superman.
Y'know, I ain't even mad. That's kind of exactly what they are. I fucking love the Legion.

Superboy Prime is just a basement dweller shitposting on DC forums. Wow. Side note, why did his parents and his GF take the comic as fact?

does anyone have any good wallpapers of them? there's only like 4 images of the entire team together it seems like

who do you thinks gonna write their Rebirth? My money would be the head honcho himself, dad dick DiDio.

best girl too btw

I want just the craziest shenanigans for her origins so she could be a space pirate or something fun again

No wallpapers, sorry. But I got some Tinya pics. Finding decent Legion art is a struggle.

>Who do you thinks gonna write their Rebirth?
I dunno. After WWEO turned out solid, I kinda want to see what Morrison would do. He's proven he can tell a story without harping on the meta shit.

By reading something good and not stuff that people only care about because they are obscure/less popular

I remember when people used to put actual effort into their bait.

The Legion of Superheroes should all be destroyed for bullying Superboy.

What did Zoidberg do wrong?

I got some splash pages in my wallpaper folder

And a bonus Pulsar Stargrave

>taking superdickery seriously
Try actually reading the issue, John. They were testing him to see if the legend really held up with what the history books told them. The Founders just wanted to make sure there was no historical revision bullshit going on. Which is quite reasonable.

saturn girl and lightning boy look co as fuck desu

>superboy looking like he's gonna start removing arms early

Imagine going through that as a job interview, jerk-off. The legion must be destroyed.

While you're at it, OP, check out the pseudo spinoff/prequel L.E.G.I.O.N, about a PMC created by Brainiac 2.

Delicious Stealth.

If Byrne is mad at the Founders for playing a harmless trick on Clark, he must fucking HATE Brainy just for existing.

Watch the cartoons. Botg seasons are nice, plot is simple, and you dont have to scour the annals of written history to find the complete set. Sure, its simpler than the LoS comic series but suffice to scratch the itch thats been getting to you in them.

Brainy is so far and away best boy in the Legion goddamn.

Yep.

>starting with Legion of 3 Worlds
user you're drunk

Honestly I think it was the first I read with them. Then I read the Johns Action arc. Then I decided to dive in all the way. You appreciate it more having read more but it's still fun on its own.

Who's the best Legion artist and why is it Jeff Moy?