Is this the most blatant example of MCU synergy yet?

Is this the most blatant example of MCU synergy yet?

It's a bit late.

Beat me to it. It's blatant, but it's also a whole year after the film both introduced and killed him off. I don't see the point.

It looks rather lame compared to the movie costume. I mean, the movie costume was really awesome.

It's ok when DC does it

I think they're trying to combine the comics Yellowjacket costume with the movie one.
Also, Darren Cross is pink, but that's another story.

It was pretty dumb. Like, who wants this to happen?

well it's just bane putting on a different jacket

>exact same costume from movie except mask

It's fine
Welcome to the present

Eh.

It's a definitive improvement over his previous spandex unitard with abs cutout.

yellowjacket armor is cool, so i have no complaints

But it's ripping straight from the movies

I like his new look.

Yeah but it's just some clothes, and it lasted for half an event.

They did bring Darren Cross back to life after being dead for 30 years a few months before the movie.

What if Yellowjacket is for the same amount of time? It's just a suit.

It's shit
the movie costume was better

>another story

Yeah Tales to Astonish 284/285

I'm pretty sure the suit is here to stay, since Evil shirtless pink strong guy isn't that visually interesting or memorable.

I know, but I find it strange that it took so long for him to get a Yellowjacket suit.

Well just wait until the flash movie comes out and they ruin barry's costume or something else like that

I think more important question is does anybody give a shit about an evil Yellowjacket? Cross was more interesting as a pink bad guy in a business suit.

Is this the most blatant example of DC synergy yet?

>Cross was more interesting as a pink bad guy in a business suit.
Not really

It's an awesome fucking Jacket though.
It fits him so fucking well, it's unbelievable, like he always had it.

Oh I don't mind Yellowjacket. I couldn't even tell you what his old outfit looked like.

Lets rephrase that: Is he suddenly more interesting as Yellowjacket than he was before? No.

Fuck you man Bane looks great with the Jacket and the Luchador mask.

Rare instance where movie synergy actually improves something in a superfluous way.

its just meme magic when DC does it

It's more of meme synergy.

Then when will CIA join DC canon?

John Blake probably has a better chance desu.

Why do they do it? I just don't understand what they think will happen. People who don't buy comics aren't going to start buying them.

Why is he stuttering but also looking smug at the same time?

The casuals.

It's a cool costume, and the pink Hulk look that Cross had going for him was really boing.

Besides it's not like anyone else is using the Yellowjacket identity with Rita and Hank dead

Read Crisis on Infinite Earths, Psycho Pirate's just a bitch nigga deep down inside.

Goddamn I hate that suit so much, what the fuck were they thinking?

It tarnishes The Colonel of Two Worlds

that design is actually pretty sexy. if the helmet was the same as the movie it'd be better tho.

>mfw this nigga is in orange yelling out miiiiiine

Who does he think he is, Larfleeze?

Star Lord is still the most blatant MCU synergy

>orange

Don't start another "What color is Professor X's chair?" debate

This run has been great with redefining Ant-Man's rogues gallery

Yellowjacket/Darren Cross
Egghead
Taskmaster
Crossfire
The Magician
Whirlwind
Beetle
The Voice
Hijacker

You could probably come up with a decent team out of these guys

>read Tom King's first arc
>reveled that Bane was behind everything
>part of his plan was crashing a plane

This is the future you've chosen

>Gotham
>matters at all

Literally every appearance of Tony Stark in a Marvel comic since the first RDJ movie

What's up for debate? That outfit's clearly orange as the eye can see.

I didn't choose it.
I didn't contribute any money to this shameful display.

Marvel is this tardy. Penn Jillette is going to write a Marvel comic

What the fuck am I looking at?

Poor Barry

CIAgent, NKVDemon, KGBeast face off when

What Humphries thinks a Star-Lord comic is supposed to be.

He is though. A fight scene between Cross and Lang will now be more interesting than just your standard "big bruiser flails around as ant-man shrinks and messes with him."

Scarlet Beetle even showed up last issue.

Even better.
> crashing the plane.
> WITH NO SURVIVORS!!!

>implying any casuals actually care about Yellowjacket.

I don't give a shit about MCU/616 Yellowjacket.

BUT IS EGGHEAD REALLY BACK?!?

You forgot star of comedian and actor, Paul Scheer

A naked guy? At least he is a big guy.

Making Daisy Johnson an Inhuman, calling her "Skye", and redesigning her to look like Chloe Bennet was more blatant imo

....using Hugo Strange?

I mean. He's a Batman villain.

>BUT IS EGGHEAD REALLY BACK?!?
Yep.

Protip: DC haters don't read comics.

He already is

>calling her "Skye"
That happened all of once in a one-off issue nobody read. The only reason you even know it happened is because you saw shitposts about it on Cred Forums.

Changing her look and giving her long hair was fucking egregious and unacceptable though.

This. If they did read comics then they'd have read DC and thus wouldn't be DC haters because only someone with the worst possible taste in the world could read any of the Rebirth ongoings and not instantly fall in love with DC. They really are the only people in the comics industry with any backbone and artistic integrity.

I'll read DC when they have some comic good as Moon Kino.

>Moon Kino
Oh man, the Batman ripoff has become hipster shit?

Kek, it is pretty pathetic that this is the lengths to which marveldrones have sunk. I guess when the very best they have to offer is "almost decent" that it should be no surprise that they prop up blatant rip-offs with shit writing and mediocre art as remotely close to "kino."

Meanwhile, the very worst Rebirth comic, Justice League, is still a really fun read with solid art, good characterization, and compelling if a bit overdone plot.

Just goes to show how big the gulf is between what SJWs think is acceptable writing and what actual comic fans (ie DC fans) think is acceptable. Remember, you don't have to settle for shit just because it has a namebrand you like attached to it. Do yourself a favor and get onboard the Rebirth hype train sooner rather than later. You'll thank me for it.

Nick Fury is by far the most egregious example.

>Kino
>marveldrones
>kino
>SJWs

Wonder what board you wandered in from...

JUST READ DC NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sam Jackson was Ultimate Nick way before MCU.

>le Cred Forums boogeyman
Wow, this place really is Cred Forumsmblr.

He's probably talking about the 616 version

Aaron's Thor

Someone forgot to tell the artist that that pic wasn't final.

>buttblasted

REEEEEE WHY AREN'T YOU READING DC THEY ARE SO KINO

Shit, didn't realize Nolan had been pulling this deep into the Batman mythos when he made The Dark Knight Rises.

I know, I'm just saying that Nig doesn't really count as MCU synergy when he'd been in comics for years prior to that.

So are you saying that somehow makes it not canon? Is that how it works now?

He doesn't count when they created an entire story line about Nick's long lost black son who just so happens to lose his eye and work with an Agent Coulson?

Come on, man. You took it too far when you started shilling for the piece of shit known as Justice League.

But DC Rebirth in general is pretty great, yeah. Just don't read Justice League, everything else is fair game though. Some more than others, depending if you're a characterfag.

>being a characterfag
Confirmed for casual.

Blame Warren Ellis for that one.

Nah senpai. He definitely counts.

The point is that even at their worst, DC is still better than Marvel at their best.

It's a big guy when DC does it

I'm not a casual, but I'm okay with this. The YJ name is going to collect dust. Might as well pass it along to someone else. Frankly, I'm surprised it took this long. Either way, I'm play Future Fight, so I know they're going to release this uniform someday.

No, the Suicide Squad Rebirth book is.

Well, I'm not speaking for myself personally but for others who enjoy shit like that terrible Red Hood because their a fan of Jason Todd.

But being a characterfag doesn't excuse Justice League's quality at all.

>hating fun
Marvelite confirmed.

As I see it they were just aping Ultimate stuff.

>Coulson
>Ultimate
Another casual.

Meh, they're just the designs of background mooks. Malekith still looks and acts like his classic comics version.

I consider the Royal flush gang to be a good example of synergy. Mask with card suites seems a lot better than dressing like king with white face paint.

Than that combination with batman beyond flying cards. Take all my moneyz

>I'm play Future Fight, so I know they're going to release this uniform someday.
Honestly, I was hoping Cross would become YJ in the comics for this exact reason. Gotta get that sweet, sweet uni bonus.

They even went through the trouble of giving them an in-universe explanation for why they were dressed like that. Which is... kind of dumb and unnecessary, but hey, at least it wasn't a case of "oh, no, they've always looked like this!"

>joker just bullying a small child

I love old comics

The movie IS good.
It was only good as a thing in of itself.

Having the movie influence the comic is like having Ultimate Universe Cap influence how 616 Cap should act.

And so blame the comic writer not the movie maker on that one.

I've never understood why people always point to this as some big bad symbol of Synergy. Nothing about that scene is synergy. A reference isn't synergy. At no point in the GotG movie does anyone say "Ooga Chaka!," at no point does Kitty Pryde ever show up, . At no point does anything from this scene happen in the movies even remotely. Yet its synergy because... it's referencing a song that was used in the movie? That's not synergy. Synergy is adding Nick Fury Jr. to 616 so there'd be a black Nick Fury running around. Synergy is adding Agent Coulson and Erik Selvig to the comics. Synergy is making the Suicide Squad's current roster the same as the the movie roster while giving Harley Quinn a copy of her DCEU outfit. Synergy is turning the Danger Room into a giant room identical to the one in the movies instead of just being a headset that Xavier keeps under his desk.

Kitty Pryde in a banana costume yelling the lyrics to a song that appeared in a trailer for a movie isn't synergy. It's at most a reference.