What would it take to for cartoons to resemble this again?

What would it take to for cartoons to resemble this again?

Last topic died.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXW1waqRCb0
dailymotion.com/video/x1yl525_daffy-duck-ep-37-baby-bottleneck_fun
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20837/animated-bakemono_no_ko-character_acting-creatures
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20838/animated-bakemono_no_ko-character_acting-creatures
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20786/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20835/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20844/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac
pelleas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=905
u.pomf.is/utbslp.mp4
pelleas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5&start=525
youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM
youtube.com/watch?v=DadH3KjHZws
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11966/animated-crowd-kazuhide_tomonaga-running-the_wind_
youtube.com/watch?v=jZjGe-a0vDQ
desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/rules regulations/
abload.de/img/in9bgq9gbbnczgro3c.png#_=_
youtube.com/watch?v=anQeqlax0qk
youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE&index=5
toon.is/looney-tunes-the-great-piggy-bank-robbery-video_2a79f4659.html
cartoonsupplies.com/content/10f-blank-acetate-cels
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fundamentally it's an issue of budget to labour cost ratio. But western TV animation should spend less effort into making everything look on model and "correct" IMO.

Hence why everyone with half a brain cell went to web streaming.

So, what will it be?
Sweatshop conditions for animators (thus causing nobody wanting to do animation), or a single 10 minute episode like every two months or less?

You can do 13 high quality episodes with excellent working conditions, OP's webm proved just that.

You just need more then 1 director is all.

Lupin the 3rd sucks though. It is unfunny and the characters are unlikable.

Ask the Japanese to animate more for us

Fuck off tmsshill

For animators to stop using computers.

Which is never going to happen.

I don't even care if you are baiting, you can fuck right off.

Blame the artist, not the tool.

Try watching...

>It's pilot.
>Green Jacket
>The Mystery of Mamo
>Red Jacket
>The Castle Of Cagliostro
>The Plot of the Fuma Clan
>Farewell to Nostradamus
>Elusiveness of the Fog
>Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid
>Record of Observations of the East - Another Page
>Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (and only the movie)
>The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
>Daisuke Jigen's Gravestone
>Blue Jacket
>Italian Game

Watch those Lupin III projects before rejecting it, you just watch a bad special/OVA as all.

Professional animators that are using computers typically do so because it's a cost effective shortcut. Nothing to do with the people that are using them.

And there goes the animation budget.

Explain Studio Mir then.

Everyone should be catching up to them and they use computers like everyone else.

Never heard of them. Looked up their website and found this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=NXW1waqRCb0

This animation is pretty good but it doesn't even compare to the Sylvester animation in OP's webm.
>All of the scenes with the robots are CG and they look out of place because god forbid having a hand drawn scene with giant robots can't be done in the 21st century

I know, bias Telecom (TMS).

To be movies or shorts

Telecom has shown that quality animation can be done on TV (and in theory web streaming).

Also.
>It's A Wonder Day For Pie.

Was this before or after the bubble?

With Warners, after the bubble (1989).

>tfw someone used my bait webm
Nice.

The thing is that Telecom (who is a Japanese studio) did both projects.

Exactly, that's why I made it.

>But western TV animation should spend less effort into making everything look on model and "correct" IMO.

Which is something they're not even doing anymore t b h

Fuck that's grim.

Good.
We mean things like Telecom & StarToons Warner Bros shows, not NuPPG.

So before the bubble popped
And paid animators pennies

Japan's eco bubble lasted between 1963 to 1989.

The 90s & 2000s were lost decades for Japan.

how were they able to create such godly stuff in the 90s though

Western money.

Inertia. The money disappeared, but a lot of the skilled workers, organization, and "infrastructure" was still in place.

you sound like mr enter

GET THE FUCK OUT FAMICUNT

>Elusiveness of the Fog
>Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid
>Record of Observations of the East - Another Page
>Lupin the 3rd vs. Detective Conan: The Movie (and only the movie)
>The Woman Called Fujiko Mine
Not helping your case

Except for the fact that they're choosing to do so...???

Telecom worked on those projects was the thing.

Except for Fujiko Mine of course.

You mean the executives?

>Telecom
Fuck off Famicom

Yes.

It's why only cartoonists can run cartoons.

It really sucks that TMS only worked on the first season of the Sylvester and Tweety show. I was hoping they would be brought back for Season 2.

animation studios to make more money and use said money in their budget to improve their animation. economy is shit and the two major networks are owned by greedy Jewish executives so they'll continue to be produced as cheaply as possible until shit starts to get better again.

I don't think anyone really knows what it would take other than the economy improving or a third major network, probably independent, coming out of the wood work.

is that a good enough answer for you, OP? or did you just post this to continue stirring the pot for you amusement?

Season 2 never got a DVD release so nothing points to that as of now.

So the Japs must take over like they did in the 80s & 90s, we know.

There exists TVrips though, and this from Wikipedia. Koko and Soeul animated the rest of the seasons.
>(Five episodes in season 1 and all for seasons 2–5)

Wikipedia is not always right you know.

TMS shill pls leave

Daily reminder that Japan redeemed itself after the war.

Digital painting can have an affect on the color and "texture" of the cartoon but nothing else, animation is animation and if you use the same number of frames it's gonna move the same regardless of if it was stitched together digitally or hand drawn. Just because computers CAN fill in missing frames with generated tween junk doesn't mean that animation has to be drawn with pen and paper to be good. It's all about number of frames, which is entirely a money/number of skilled workers issue.

This.

That lupin movie is only like 3 years old man.

MEMBER WHEN ANIMATION WAS GOOD
YEAH! ANIMATION WAS SO GOOD
YEAH, ALL THOSE PRETTY COLORS AND MOVEMENTS

I'd also like to add that when you talk about traditional vs digital you're not talking about Johnny Test vs Classic Looney Tunes, its more like Johnny Test vs some forgotten Hanna Barbera cartoon, both low budget and ugly looking in their own way.

For reals, yes.

Then stop making your shitty ''muh superior animu vs inferior american shit! Did I mention I'm american too?'' threads.

And he is not that wrong, Lupin is fun but the characters are kind of bland

There's a fair amount of "quality" in the old days too. I mean just watch the Spiderman animation from back in the 60's.

And not the Ed Benedict Hanna Barbera either.

90s Spiderman also had "QUALITY" as well.

Blame Korea.

Too bad that most of those involve either talking animals or comedy.

I love american animation but they are always going to be on a creative slump as long as they have this attitude of ''certain forms of enterteinment are aimed at children!''

similarly if you want an unbalanced comparison that favors digital, compare something from mercury filmworks (season 1 of WOY, early season 1 Star vs, mickey mouse shorts) with a modern day korean animated cartoon (most korean studios actually do the pencil and inking traditionally, with the only digital element being the coloring and compositing)

YAAAA
I MEMBER!

But that what made it good, if you are not going to use animation for what it was made for then you might as well do it in live action.

>use animation for what it was made for

What does that even mean? Are you saying that animation was created just so people could make comedy films about talking animals? Because you're a retard if that's what you mean.

>for what it was made for

Yea.

No, we have comedy films about people.

you do realize that both of these were animated by Japs right

Why doesn't the west start doing limited animation like in Japan to save costs and time? It doesn't look bad at all and to me it feels more lively.

24 individual drawings per second looks nice and fluid but doesn't really add much else.

I know, it's why the webm says "Same Stuidio".

Did you even read the thread?

That particular Lupin clip is from 1987.

Read the filename.

Fuck limited animation.

>you disagree with some random poster in this thread so you must be the OP

Dude, what?

Warner Bros did 2s as they lacked Disney's and MGM's budgets and they did just fine (freeze frame one next time)

I think that S&TM webm in the OP is also on 2s as well.

So you prefer automatic tweening software? I don't really see any other way for the west of going back to hand drawn 1s animation unless they have Golden era Disney tier budgets.

Some of that movie was done at Telecom mind you.

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20837/animated-bakemono_no_ko-character_acting-creatures
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20838/animated-bakemono_no_ko-character_acting-creatures
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20786/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20835/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20844/animated-atsuko_tanaka-bakemono_no_ko-character_ac

Do people spend much effort on that? It seems like it's either flash where it's basically impossible to be off-model or it's Steven Universe and they're routinely not even close to correct.

Do you have any idea how many of your examples were outsourced to anime studios?

Or is that actually your point?

Co-Produced but yes thats my point.

Why don't we just outsource cartoons to Japan like back in the 80s? Koreans have proven to be a bunch of lazy fucks.

All animation studios in Japan save Trigger, TMS, Toei, Madhouse, and Pierrot refuse to outsource anymore.

This.

Putting effort into moments that don't matter is amateurish. You've got to min max that shit. Your body couldn't survive if it didn't give more to the brain and muscles than it did to cartilage and bone marrow.

>Please give me less animation in my animations

If we tell them you will get payed more (at least $3000 US dollars a month to match that of The US Animation Guild) they will jump ship.
They are even begging to return to outsourcing because of larger wages.

No, please focus your time into making it look more impressive in scenes that matter, see webm, do we really need shit like this to be at 24 frames per second?

u.pomf.is/utbslp.mp4

You need to be clearer bro. Are you talking about film animation? Us Murricans are pretty good at that, we just don't do 2D, but if we switched to 2D we would produce some amazing shit. In terms of TV animation, the reason may be outsourcing. John K, yeah I know, once spoke about how stressful it is dealing with Worst Koreans even when they're doing grunt work, and as Richard Williams once said, a really bad inbetween can ruin a really good animation
.But I like him, he's almost as funny as Barneyfag, but less autistic.

Fun fact about when Disney started using Telecom.

>A coworker told me this story about a Disney animator who tried to enter Telecom during the production of The Wuzzles & Adventures Of The Gummi Bears. He did a test but gave some rough only for the animation. Nobuo Tomizawa who was on Wuzzles asked why he didn't make the Layout and Kazuhide Tomonaga who was on Gummi Bears asked why he didn't gave him a clean cut, he answered that it was not his job to do this. As you can imagine, he failed to enter... At this point I released that there is some difference to approach the animation in both country and that not everybody can do it. Afterwords Telecom was left to their own devices until their contract expired and we opened up our own Japanese studio who we also left to their own devices and placed in all of our focus on the Australian unit who were much more open to American assistants.

pelleas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5&start=525

Let's be 100% honest here. There's maybe 4 working animators in the United States that are capable of even animating like that. Part of the problem is we just fucking suck.

white piggu go home, samurai stronk basically

Eric Goldberg is one of them.
Explain Bahi-JD then.

You are aware that most western animation is done traditionally, right?

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

You are aware that is not correct, right?

>Bahi-JD
He's a shitty animator though.

Bingo.

While I hate people who try to lord over japanese animation over western, most western TV animation that's actually animated in the west tends to do tweening. (though Mercury Filmworks, Titmouse, and sometimes Boulder Media show that with a good budget tweening can actually look pretty good)

Can someone explain why Warner Bros Animation went from god tier in the last 1990s to shit in the early 2000s?

Isn't Bahi a poo in the loo? And his work is very impressive for an animator his age, regardless of nationality, definitely top 5 young animator in Japan.

He's not very versatile, but he's still young.

In short.

Mercury Filmworks>Boulder Media>Titmouse

That isn't that impressive. It really isn't.

I like his work too, but he is not for everyone.
Justice League (Original and Unlimited) was great.

But in short, Tom Ruegger left.

I'd like to see your work

Most western animation is outsourced to Korea. Why the fuck are you retards arguing over this?

In the past that was the major issue. It's why old cartoons are so stiff and clunky until the late 80s, because there was a combination of having smaller budgets and it was heavily encouraged to make sure that the character was accurate all the time. Investing heavily in repeated reels -- for example, the He-Man transformation scenes -- helped save money, but at the same time you can see in running animations and general movement just how bad the drawings are.

The only video that's being posted around lately that actually addresses this is the kaptainkristian one about Superman, so if you'd like to take a look at what this guy talked about, it should help you formulate a better opinion on the topic.
youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM

Toei and Rought Draft aren't that bad desu
Way better choices then resorting to flash.

>Unironically posting in a Famicom thread

What the fuck Cred Forums

Because Japan wants to come back.

Speaking of Superman.

youtube.com/watch?v=DadH3KjHZws

Looks like shit.

Most Japanese animators, including TMS, have no idea what TIMING is.

The above looks a little rotoscoped and lacks impact. It also seems to be stills from a movie.

Below is a made-for-TV episodic series for Adult Swim, which often operates on tighter budgets, granted Rick and Morty are on the higher end of things.

Part of the problem there is that Art classes aren't mandatory in the US. Europe and other countries at least broach the subject.

Y'all ninjas be postin' in a TMS shill thread

On a semi related semi unrelated note, nowadays studios don't use layouts and dedicated layout artists anymore. They've been phased out for special pose model sheets and directly referencing the storyboards.

>Looks rotoscoped
>It shows how they did blockout and layout without rotoscope

TMS is the best animation studio of all time.
Prove me wrong.

The final result still looks rotoscoped. The movements seem to feel floatier and lack some weight to it.

Bahi JD is not Japanese and yes they do.

Thanks for the input, Mr. Animation Expert.

Toei can be good when they try.

Historically, Madhouse, IG and Ghibli have done the most impressive work

Do you know what rotoscoping is? How can you say it looks rotoscoped and also say it lacks weight? Rotoscoping literally draws over real life footage, you can't get any more real and weighty than that.

80s Toei =/= Modern Toei, see Sailor Moon Crystal & Dragon Ball Super for why Toei sunk down from the days of G.I. Joe The Movie and Transformers (G1) The Movie.

As for Rough Draft, they were great until 2004'ish after The Spongebob Movie and if you ever see modern Simpsons, post movie Spongebob and whatever Tumblr mess they get from CN you understand why.

A.P.P.P. is more impressive than all of them combined.

Lupin vs Conan could have been way better. But I say this as a massive Conan sperg. They might as well had just used Kaito Kid.

Ghibli is good because most of their key scenes were outsourced to TMS.

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/11966/animated-crowd-kazuhide_tomonaga-running-the_wind_

Notice how nothing moves naturally in this animation?
Nothing seems to have its proper weight?
Characters run as if they're running submerged in a water tank?
Bag bouncing on the seat as if it's made of styrofoam instead of a real bag filled with stuff?

That is called timing, or the lack of it. When things move in bad ways, too clunky or too floaty, that's bad timing.

No amount of sakuga can make up for bad timing.

> I don't know what timing is.
> I don't know the principles of animation.
> Ignoring the fact that the red guy's feet shuffle and practically glide along the ground.
Drawing over real life footage is a shortcut and a dangerous one to take. While there is some snap to the punches, it lacks overall impact like he's really punching and kicking.

Movie at least had Telecom on it.

Avoid the special unless you are in this for Conan.

It looks good to me. I don't think they're trying to have realistic body movements, do you also criticize Warner Bros cartoons for popping their eyes out when acting surprised?

The Special at least had Lupin and Conan in it

Avoid the movie unless you are Famicom

To elaborate on this unhelpful dickhead's reply, live action film has:
* motion blur
* fully rendered texture
* fully rendered light and shade
* lens effects
* other subtle live-action film effects

When you rotoscope, you lose all that, and the result is rather jerky and stilted unless you polish it a lot. The most obvious example: line boil. Live action footage has no outlines, so no line boil. If you rotoscope, suddenly the outlines are wiggling like crazy unless you take steps to prevent it. Such steps include lowering the framerate (animating on 3s, 4s, etc) or, the best solution, redrawing the frames instead of tracing them, which is what they did at Disney.

both in op were animated by asians, so... stop outsourcing animation to places like india and thailand.

> Ignoring the fact that the red guy's feet shuffle and practically glide along the ground.
What? The red guy is moving forward, if that's what you're complaining about...

Yea, I can agree with that, except for the fact that the Conan universe already has a gentleman thief.

Now, if anything, I would pay some good money for a well written movie where Lupin and Kaito team up for the ultimate heist.

There's literally nothing wrong with rotoscoping.

>realistic
Nowhere in my post did I say "realistic". Timing doesn't have to be realistic to be good. When the Coyote stops in mid-air, it's not realistic, but the timing is so sharp and punchy that you FEEL what the Coyote is feeling. Timing is about making things LOOK and FEEL believable, not realistic. When that bag lands on that seat, I'm not seeing a bag land on a seat, I'm seeing a piece of cardboard land on another piece of cardboard. That's the secret of timing, making things look and feel right.

It feels right to me.

>Let's shit on japanese animators for not knowing what timing is in their anime

>Nevermind the fact that Japan animated most 80's and 90s western cartoons that we like to circlejerk around

Who's your favourite animator, Cred Forums?

Honda

No.

>Not seeing Fujiko taking a bath with Ai.
>1 of 2 things Telecom did when they were almost reserved on Aikatsu wasting their talents (the other was Ghibli's The Wind Rises).

Also.
>Kenji Hachizaki (also AD)
>Chie Nishizawa
>Kazuhide Tomonaga
>Takashi Kawaguchi (stationed at Telecom since 2012 after 12 years of freelancing)
>Toshihiko Masuda
>Yoshinobu Michihata

We still use Korea.
Tex Avery.

I'm sure it does. People who watch anime, and TMS shill in particular, or people who watch a lot of Flash cartoons, have such low standards for animation that they simply don't care. for example is enamoured with its Flash puppet show and constantly praise its not-bottom-of-the-barrel animation for not being bottom of the barrel. Same with anime fans, same with TMS shill. "It has so many frames" or "it has lots of camera angles" means nothing if what you're looking at is just a pile of goo or cardboard moving around. And that's what good timing is supposed to do, make things not look like a pile of goo or cardboard, but like living breathing characters, like Wile E Coyote.

Goddamn it, I don't think Ai is sexy, now when she was Sherry, she's a qt.

I can't tell if trolling. Paprika alone shits on 90% of western animation.

I rather have Ayumi myself.

>t. I suck dicks

>we
There's your problem. Cred Forums is not a single group. There are people like TMS shill and you who suck TMS cock for barely adequately animating Animaniacs, and there are people like me who can see the sickeningly bad animation in Animaniacs for what it is.

Dude, Satoshi Kon is the Alex Lovy of the east, if you want a quality Japanese director try Hayao Miyazaki as he id the Chuckj Jones of the east.

Again, it's not like Con/Lovy are bad directors but there are better ones out there.

But the best episodes of Animaniacs were animated by TMS.

TMS did not do that episode in house, that was from Actas.

This is their in house crew.

That is true.

I don't know Western animators, only Eastern ones.

Current TMS is not even a shadow of its former self. TMS gets contracted to do low budget garbage nowadays.

Hot studios in Japan right now are Shaft, KyoAni, Trigger, Mappa, White Fox and Wit

Come one man. It isn't complicated. These days the studios only care about profitability. If you could get cartoons like your examples to put more money in the studios' pockets, we'd have them back in an instant.

Baki-Dou is not low budget.

youtube.com/watch?v=jZjGe-a0vDQ

In fact the last few episodes Of Sweetness And Lightning were done by Telecom (Kenji Hachizaki's unit) who are anything but cheap.

Explain Studio Mir then.

Some shitty Korean studio that believes that copying artstyles of the latest Crunchyroll anime can be them credible when in reality they're just as bad if not worse than most other Korean animation studios.

Not original guy, but they're an acquired taste IMO. I like some of their work, others times, not so much.

Man, when it comes to the point of that, they might as well stop and just make comic slideshows with some form of narration or something

Remember the 90's?

Yea, I know.

Best decade teebeeheich

I just watched FLCL recently and was wondering, what happened? Did people just become lazier?

FLCL was an OVA, OVAs usually have higher budgets.

But American projects are even higher then local features.

Why do they look like monkies?

Oh right, they're Japanese

I'd rather it wouldn't
I can't stand how choppy anime looks most of the time

>the Conan universe already has a gentleman thief.

Yeah this guy right?

I wish the LxC crossover was done better, that first special with the 'girl who looks just like the girl from the other series' thing is so fucking overdone and bullshit. I really expected something clever from a plot involving lupin and conan and instead got a lazy doppleganger plot.

Nah nigga. The many good one just work for the film big studios, the ametuers work TV, I don't know where to put YouTube animators tho, that bong Harry Patridge is pretty good.

> Because Japanwants to come back
No they don't ya mongoloid.

there's plenty of talented animators from the states, there just aren't jobs lol

and if they're worth a damn they got hired by any of the big budget studios like pixar/disney etc.

Cred Forums here. Will you please keep your autists in your board? Thank you.

>The west preaches about inclusivity and shits on Japan animation industry for being sexist as fuck
>Japan has more female animators than the entire west's history.

Why is this?

>Fuck hard work, I'll just deliver something mediocre
lack of passion is one.

Sorry bro, one of the tard handlers was taking a cigarette break, the little mongoloid must've let himself lose. How are things at Cred Forums btw?

IDK? Why do you think America has a higher population rate than any other first world nation? American women still take a lot of time to get married and raise children, not Japanese women who care more about work than marriage or childbirth, it may one of the reasons why the wage gap is also smaller in other countries.

desuarchive.org/a/search/subject/rules regulations/
Could be better.

Have anyone here realized TMS may have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT staff right now? People grow old, they leave, they also fucking die.

>Why doesn't the west start doing
Looks like you haven't watched any indie animation lately.

Funny because modern cartoons look worse and less visually interesting than anime despite having more frames

The inspector is the only good thing about it. Lupin and his compatriots are unlikable and anything not involving the inspector is unfunny and usually only an uninteresting interlude between fap bait scenes, which themselves don't even work because of the absurd art style.

Okay.

Resemble which side?

No you are thinking of Avatar/Korra.
Yes they do, read the topic.
That has nothing to do with that topic.
Cheap labor, if the pay was higher it will be almost nothing but men.

Not for another couple of years.

Well used to atleast. I dont know how it is nowdays

I never had this problem but maybe it is just because i have gotten used to it

>Lupin
>not based main character
Kill yourself

Getting rid of executives.

He is an unlikable asshole.

Granted, that opinion is probably skewed by the cartoony art style making it seem like it should be kiddy in nature, with a respectable protag accompanied by respectable episode morals, only to turn out he is an HBO tier asshole protag.

But that's just me.

Why is an Amish Jew in South Korea?

Jigen is not Amish and he is not a Jew in South Korea.

No, I'm thinking of that webm

Was western animation outside of Disney ever good?

what the fuck is this thread

But Lupin is great and not unlikable.

Well maybe back in 30s and 40s

Warner Bros, MGM and Fleischer/Famous yes.

Walter Lantz under Shamus Culhane and Dick Lundy were also good too.

Because America has higher wages for animators because unions and worker rights and art school debt ain't cheap
Plus a lot more goes to voice actors and executives
Even higher end projects Japanese artists still get paid less

It's not about looking realistic, it's about looking good. The webm in looks like an animatronic, mainly because the frames aren't eased properly.

That webm is just a joke. The girl is breaking the fourth wall and saying something about animators not having anything to animate in that particular show or something.

Yes and no.

Yes in that there is different staff in the main studio.
No in that most of the Telecom staff who worked on WB and Disney shows are still there.

Half of web animators do that anyway. Look at Egoraptor and Yahtzee for examples.

>What would it take to for cartoons to resemble this again?
Money

Where did you get that webm user?

>most of the Telecom staff who worked on WB and Disney shows are still there.
Yes they sure are, they just did Blue Jacket last year and even did Baki-Dou.

Daily reminder that this is the last decent animation made by Warner Bros. Animation.
Seriously, what the fuck happened? Did digital just kill them?

She is saying exactly what is saying.
"Why should animators animate girls just sitting and chatting?" or like that.

Is that your dog user? It's cute.

>all these people saying a better budget would solve everything
>implying the greedy jews in charge wouldn't just pocket most of it and leave the studios with the bare minimum to finish the project

You can't just throw money at something and instantly make it better.

$100,000 can give you a decent 10/20 minute animation from Trigger. There is no fucking excuse.

Back In Action was a great movie.

The Larry Doyle shorts however were another story.

Also Ruegger & Timm were still rocking the TV unit at the time.
You can in Japan.

God I could go for a Mr Peter right now

>Back In Action was a great movie.
The only problem is it focused on Daffy, the worst Looney Tune, too much.

Trigger's works are only $20,000 per episode, in fact it's because of labor laws that Luluco is only 9 minutes per episode.

abload.de/img/in9bgq9gbbnczgro3c.png#_=_

so why the fuck isn't the west outsourcing to trigger? if they're that cheap, i don't see why they wouldn't want to use them over a bunch of koreans

>it's another "anime is better" thread

What I think should be asked is this: How do we properly recreate traditional cel animation? No one does it anymore.

100,000 could almost be a movie in Japan honestly, you'd want a bit more if you wanted a really nice looking movie though.

>tfw you can't like TMS without people confusing you for the autistic fuck that is Famicom

How did he even get that name anyway?

You can't. You have to buy cels before they cease to exist.

>confusing you
It doesn't matter if you ARE him or if you just post like him, there are no identities on Cred Forums. If you mindlessly praise TMS, you're a TMS shill. If you just like TMS, that's something else.

Famicom is someone from Toonzone who constantly sucks TMS cock.

They have too much pride to resort to that.
Most anime movies are around $600,000, Hosoda's movies (and the other Ghibli knock offs such as from Studio Colorido and CoMix Wave Films) are around $2 million to $4 million.
He likes Nintendo games.

We are a product of our predecessors, user. The animators of today as well as in yesteryear, were influence by animation and cartoons they grew up with. So, unfortunately, I don't think that form'll ever return.

When we're of olden age and on Death's bed, close to either knocking on Heaven's Door or taking the highway to Hell, we'll die knowing that, that generation influences are Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, etc cetera.,

That reminds me, I need to watch the GuP movie

Dude, TMS has more then 1 fan.

>Famicom is someone from Toonzone who constantly sucks TMS cock.
That is false, he was on ToonZone but he was banned because they staff thinks that "Slave wages are ok" but they're not.

outside of theatrical features, NEVER

Perfect example. It doesn't matter if this idiot is pretending to be Famicon or is actually Famicom, he's just a shitposter without an identity.

It's easy as fuck to save TV animation though. Just switch to traditional and kill flash.

shut up newshit

This.

Money though.

And TV animation doesn't need to be saved, it's making more money and has a wider audience than ever before.

>And TV animation doesn't need to be saved
No, fuck you. Maybe anime is in a good state, but western television is fucking horrid.

Oh you're right, I was thinking of something else that costs around 200k, my bad.

Why would they do that, no one cares about cartoons in the west except for kids, cheap suits and a dozen animation nerds.

Anime is funded by about ~100,000 crazy autistic shits we make fun of, but they pay real money.

>2d characters on 3d backgrounds

>And TV animation doesn't need to be saved.
Yes it does.

>anime is in a good state
laughing_whores.jpg

US TV animation it makes more money that all the rest of the world animation combined you stupid nerd.

Unless yo can make a real argument that having better animation would make more money you're out of luck.

Producers that care as much about quality ast hey do the bottom-line.

At least it's still fucking animated.
I rather that over garbage flash animated stuff in a heartbeat.

how's 2003 treating you grandad?

Typical american/jew mentality. It's ok to shit out mediocre shows if they sell well

>tfw cowboy bebop is just lupin the 3rd in space

das good, now go run a profitable media company

Girls und Panzer is the most fun I've had watching something in years, so you better shut your whore mouth.

what is proportion? the animation

>le jews
are you a child?
You think animation is like indie comics?
Do you know how the real world works??

What else would you mean by "saving the industry"? Maybe you should have said "saving the artform", but then what the fuck are you looking to television for artfulness?

Lupin is still shit

but that's a still image user.

>mfw i have dr.pepper right now
Oh and kurisu the best

Max & Dave Fleischer will like to have a word with you.

To be honest Kizu was good in some parts.

Nobody has said that and only stupid people say that. Both are shit in their own way

>another thread where a weeb just wants to post his over-kinetic, weightless anime webms while not knowing about animation fundamentals, industry wages, and budget balancing

I'm sick of these people treating Cred Forums and Cred Forums as /gif/2.0

Kizu was fucking garbage.

Again.

Warner Bros, MGM and Fleischer/Famous yes.

Walter Lantz under Shamus Culhane and Dick Lundy were also good too.

Anime was never good really i just watch it more because it has seasons and i actually like that season thing.

>US TV animation it makes more money that all the rest of the world animation combined you stupid nerd.

Which is why Korra was killed off an reduced to web streaming at the end of its run.

Fuck off

>You can't just throw money at something and instantly make it better.

This. The animation industry is just as shady and manipulative as the other media industries.

>It's another anally devastated Cred Forumsmblrina poster being triggered by actual animation.

Hey man i liked it.

>I'm sick of these people treating Cred Forums and Cred Forums as /gif/2.0
I'm guessing you've never actually been to /gif/, unless you've somehow filtered out all the text in the thread. moron

youtube.com/watch?v=anQeqlax0qk
youtube.com/watch?v=oz49vQwSoTE&index=5

How can the west even compete?

There it is, been waiting for that the entire thread.

Not in Japan, and why has the wage issue not been fixed yet?

>that fucking cgi
>shit disappears when it touches the ground
>retouched stock photos
it's like I'm watching fant4stic

With this.

toon.is/looney-tunes-the-great-piggy-bank-robbery-video_2a79f4659.html

>western animation used to look this good
Flash is really cancer.

It's "EY, LET'S TALK ABOUT ANIME IN Cred Forums SINCE Cred Forums IS A SHITTY PLACE TO EVEN DISCUSS" thread

Cred Forums is easily baited into this sorta stuff, Cred Forums would just ignore the op

Traditional is dead, what you're thinking of is tradigital, which has been used since the mid 2000s (Disney used this in the few 2D animated things they've done from Home on the Range to Winnie the Pooh in the 21st century). Also, who uses Flash anymore besides the people who make Wakfu?

Tradigital is fucking shit, I want traditional back.
Why is it impossible to buy cels in the first place? I can't find any anywhere to purchase online.

Thanks anons. I wish he had a trip so I could filter him already.

Why would I see a cat getting tormented?

Cowboy Bebop characters actually heroes from time to time and aren't even thieves.

You should stop being triggered by Lupin's hobby.

I don't even watch anime (Tried to get into it, just didn't like it), but I really like the older anime style like the one on the right. Everything is more realistic, but the shading gives it a more cartoony feel, too. And it doesn't do the thing where a regular anime will put less frames into anything it can (Talking gets cut down to like, 3, and the frames are repeated even if they don't fit what's actually being said.) It looks like someone actually put effort into making it.

why do people even hate lupin
he's not a villain or anything, what he does half the time is justified or he does it for fun, i don't see anything wrong with his thievery

Is this what you're looking for?

cartoonsupplies.com/content/10f-blank-acetate-cels

While I disagree with tradigital being shit (that Winnie the Pooh movie was extremely well animated, thanks Toon Boom Harmony) I vastly prefer traditional animation, especially anime from the 80s and 90s. It just looks more...human I guess?

>korra, the shoddy weeb knock off for tunblr cunts, is somehow representative of US animation industry
wut

Well he does sometime just straight up steal money, but usually karma makes it better at the end so Lupin always does end up loosin. That user is just dumb though.

>realistic
But that is what i like about anime it is not realistic at all and i am glad for that.

>implying Cred Forums is any better discussing about anime

he's just like Robin Hood, minus he giving to the poor part

except unlike robin hood, you have a memorable cast of characters that pretty much make it fun to watch

Well japs arent really good CGI or 3D animation.

What's the cartoon equivalent to K-On anyway?

Effort has really nothing to do with it, anime can put tons of effort to turn a talking scene into this but there's no point.
In fact isn't that scene about her talking about wasting budget.

pls, they'll still makes Robin Hood crap hundreds of years after lupin is long forgotten and nips are long extinct....

of course they'll all be in Arabic ;^)

They are, but not in the animation industry, most top tier cgi animation studios make video games.

K-On is a masterpiece

it's good enough to match their choppy 2D shit

>why doesn't niche late night TV shows have CGI like my 200 million buckaroo Bayformers??
Only retards ask this shit

WBB

Well that is why i wish they would stop using 3D in those background cars.

And it just wasn't very memorable to boot. There were a lot of memorable things from both Conan and Lupin but this was not one of them.

>Yeah this guy right?
Yea, Kaito.

I've never heard of any conflict in the western animation industry about gender inequality at all. It's not like there are any physical differences between men and women that would put either at a disadvantage in animation anyway.

cartoons are stupid shit for laughs ad fun
anime is for faps and MAYBE once in a while action

It shall always be thus.
Deal with it nerds.

Cartoons make more memorable furshit characters though.

i never gave this one a chance, which episode should i watch to get hooked?

But that is not what i am asking. I just want them to stop using it

you should totally tweet them

They would have to be hand drawn again.

whites girls don't like to work hard

The first one.

True but japs arent really into furryshit.

drawing is inefficient, it's for stupid chink slaves, Americans have machine and junk.

any recent good ones?
seriously

>any recent good ones?
No unfortunately.

k-on is GARBAGE GARBAGE
empty moe

I enjoyed other kyoani shit tho

Animation aside, how can the west even compare to the characters Japan creates.

Who can beat Galko-chan?

The furry awakening in Japan is ongoing.

>Who can beat Galko-chan?

Kumiko.

>blonde arayns
eww can you like NOT??

>implying what makes any form of media good or not is its medium and not the quality of its writing and style.

really It doesnt matter how good the animation it, if its shit you wont care. If the movie is good though you will love the animaiton too however.

I'm on Cred Forums, user. Please don't bring your shit tastes from Cred Forums over here. It's annoying.

>beedy eyed chinks are the only people left on earth who draws beautiful blondes anymore

Don't bother.

I'm talking about the west, but there's another undefeatable opponent.

Kumiko is quite literally one of the best female characters in the past 7 years in any media.

Has TMS done anything recently?