Goddamn, this shit is awful. It's a fucking travesty and everyone is acting out of character as shit

Goddamn, this shit is awful. It's a fucking travesty and everyone is acting out of character as shit.

I think characters are acting even dumber than they did in CW 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicscontinuum.com/stories/1609/23/thunderbolts5.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And 6 isn't out until October but Thunderbolts already spoiled that she lets him go.

>I think characters are acting even dumber than they did in CW 1
You didn't get that from BENDIS?!

If you fags didn't suck his dick for Daredevil, USM and New Avengers, we wouldn't be here now.

yea like how are we to believe that the black spiderman isnt resisting arrest?

I wouldn't say people are that out of character, I would say the roster is somewhat lackluster though
An event meant to seem as large as this has far, far too many E listers at the forefront for me to understand why I should give a shit.

>Starlord, why are you here?

>Actually, I'm not sure. Carol just said she needed backup.

Well, at least he admits they don't belong there.

Just because Bendis acknowledged that them being there makes no sense doesn't make it alright.

I don't get it, they're fighting because they don't want carol arresting people because of the visions but then when they they're just standing there letting carol arrest someone because of a vision

CW2 is necessary to end the Bendis era. It's a financial flop compared to what you'd expect a big Marvel event to do. They will realize he's not really a big draw and begin to diminish his role in a couple of relaunches. My guess is that Spencer will be the new guy if his Cap event does well enough, but we'll see.

Star Lord just being like "oh yeah, I heard about that inhuman kid and visions. I think they're cool"

I wanted to burst into flames and die of immolation right then and there

HOW IS THIS SHIT MAKING IT PAST EDITORS?

why they all so sad.
most of them don't know him?

Rich wouldn't have gotten dragged into this shit.

What's the context of that picture?

kek, all the galactic human shit on Tony when they see him. I love it

What's happening? Did the pre-cog sense a future crime from him?

I literally haven't followed a second of CW2 besides it's about Minority report.

>"So you know about his visions?"

>"Yeah."

>"Then you know they're just approxim-"

>"I think they're great!"

Pure cringe.

>New Avengers
Wait, are you saying people actually liked that shite?

I'm a Carolfag and I know she's a human trainwreck of a character but I miss the fucked up Carol that Busiek (even Reed) wrote. It's not that I wanted her to stay at the Warbird era struggle or post House of M coping but the avenue they're letting her "develop" is not really for Carol. KSD handling her when she adopted the Captain Marvel title did not help either.

Rest of Thunderbolts #5 preview: comicscontinuum.com/stories/1609/23/thunderbolts5.htm

Considering they're supposed to be hyping her up for the Captain Marvel movie, they seem to be doing just the opposite and turning a shit load of people off her.

Everyone starting fighting and Ulysses has a vision. Then these light tendrils erupted from his body and grabbed everyone, drawing them into a vision of Miles holding Steve's impaled corpse.

Apparently nobody thought the light tendrils were cause for concern.

One of my favorite pages from Cosmic Marvel. I specifically got into it because it was so far removed from everything happening on Earth.

>Trying to protect reality by murdering the Sorcerer Supreme.
Not a great idea, Reed.

These are the same people who tried to hype up the Inhumans by having them kill X-Men.

>Expecting Reed to understand magic and how important that job is

i love that fuckin ending line.

>white guy kills Bruce Banner
>he get to walk
>black kid get arrested for crimes he hasn't even done yet

Wow Bendis you are so ontop of the times man.

Yes. I liked it

You have no idea how well that sold, senpai? It was constantly among top Marvel's, and overall, sellers.

wait would that have doomed the universe a few times over?
Iron man, Strange and Blackbolt stop world ending threats and in the case of Strange you can't just build something to take it's place

Hawkeye got arrested and tried. He just got acquitted.

And what of Miles?
Future issue descriptions imply he is sentenced and a jail break happens

It's a Bendis event where Scarlet Witch is the only character to escape being shat on.
At least there's that silver lining.

>"I may have made a mistake."

Could this be any more transparent?

Thunderbolts go after Miles, Cap protects him and ends up dying in battle, Miles lifts his dead body in mourning which was the shot everyone had been shown

"self fulfilling prophecies" is a shitty plotline and the comparison to racial profiling is fucking retarded

Reed doesn't understand magic.
Yet.

Is there an Editor in Chief at Marvel anymore?

The ship feels rudderless for some reason.

I do understand the hate for Carol way back in CW 1 and on Busiek's Avengers. She was quite fragile on the XMen run so her more aggressive side did not manifest til the Brood saga but she really is hard character to like what with her headsteong impulsive personality and violent tendencies. But this CapMarv Carol seems to be a whole new different character despite of her being Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird Carol.

I'm really am wondering on how they would paint her on her film. Which Carol would they sell to the audience.

Would someone be so kind to explain what the heck is going on here?

>I think characters are acting even dumber than they did in CW 1.

Well, the problem is that Marvel doesn't have any good event writers left. So rather than trying to outdo Civil War when it comes to the actual quality of the plot, they decided to try and outdo it in terms of sheer unapologetic shlock.

Alonso?

see

Ok so I can read theses words but the problem is that they make no fucking sense

Not only that but Black Bolt and Namor are kings. The fallout and retaliation for what this Reed did would be brutal and enormous.

But we all know Cap isnt going to die because the Hydra Agent storyline is still going, for a least another year.

Oh shit I didn't even think that.
It would make Flash Point look like a birthday party.

Johnny would move in with Medusa sooner and it'd be Attuma's time to shine.

Welcome to Civil War 2.

Hell, I've always been more of a Marvel guy, but fuck if they don't deserve DC kicking their butts in sales.

>no laws have been broken so even Steve Rgoers himself believed there was no reason to detain Spider-Man
And, BAM, every single guy you arrested on this pretense just fucking walked out
This is such a stupid event. Any two-bit lawyer would spring these guys without breaking a sweat how is this crap supposed to hold up? Was Due Process thrown out the window or something?

Before the issue came out I saw speculation that particular vision is meant to be HydraCap climax and the characters might just misinterpret it as happening soon. But I am not dumb enough to read Bendis to see if CW2 contradicts that theory.

>two-bit lawyers
>in MU

>they argued about it
You mean they punched each other over it

No, the way Miles is holding Cap isn't cradling a dead body, it's the pose of someone defeating a powerful enemy and ready for the next fight.

It seems fairly likely the outcome is that Hydra Cap destroys DC and Miles takes him out, accidentally killing him.

Pretty much yeah. Also if that Ms. Marvel arc was any indication the people Carol has brought in to handle policing it are wannabe tyrants who are pretty much kidnapping people and enforcing the whole thing with no real legal backing.

As another ex-marvel guy,I agree with you.

It's insanely good that Carol is being written as a fascist and is arresting a black youth in 2016. This can only bode well for her movie.

at least Namor finally got what he deserved

>Killing Captain America less than a year after bringing him back
Thanks Bendis. Who'd be left? I think Just Peter Parker. How long will he last till Miles "I'm just gonna call myself Spider-man" Molores takes his place.

Why do you still read this piece of shit?

>White man kills colored man.
>White man goes free.

>Colored man could possibly kill white man.
>Colored man goes to jail.

Are you somehow implying that people that the people that watch the MCU read comics? Not even the "Carol Corps" read her fucking comics for fucks sake.

The ethics of policing future crime is one thing, user. But when a black kid could possibly kill the white war veteran, it's pretty easy to understand everyone wanting to lock him up.

You can blame Bendis all you want for every character he Bendis'd but Marvel has been unsure of how to handle Carol ever since. They had to mind wipe her twice and I wouldn't be surprised if they'd mindwipe her again after this event but the point is, as much as Carol's history is so messy, so is the handling of her character.

I do wish she'd totally just lose it and go Callisto-like from Xena.

We also know he's not going to die because it's a fucking comic book. Nobody really dies.

People complaining about CW2 is better than CW2 itself

>The plot just feels like a skeleton made of stunt after stunt after stunt. None of the drama feels earned and every issue feels engineered to try and explode the internet. Didn’t they promise “it’s a Civil War so somebody major’s gonna definitely die!” during the run-up? That felt crass, but the way that they’ve killed Rhodey and Bruce Banner in a way that feels even worse, like bad fan fiction. It’s the cape comics equivalent of a telenovela.

>Part of the problem I have with this event is the structure. Coming after the deliberately seeded Secret Wars, Civil War II feels like a pimple that just popped up on the forehead of the newly reformed universe.

>having a young black kid kill the symbol of America—even if Steve is evil now—is the worst kind of fake-deep. If the metatext of Civil War II is a concern about how peacekeeping authorities impinge on individual liberties, then having it manifest in this vision where Miles kills Steve Rogers is extremely heavy-handed. It screams “SUBTEXT!” in a way that will set off a million eye-rolls.

So I havent been reading this (or Marvel at all for that matter), but from what Ive gathered everyone has just gone full retard and havent even questioned these visions?

Actually they sometimes read comics but ditch the shitty ones.

It's like how James Gunn told them that, even though they weren't going to follow the comics closely, if they were going to read any comics to just read the DnA GOTG and kind of implied not to read the Bendis version.

Don't be stupid, Iron Man had similar bad characterization mishandling due to Civil War and the 2008 film ignored that.

Only Tony's side. But everyone is going more full retard than the first Civil War.

>...under arrest
>for shit he has not done yet.

Garbage writing.

Hey Bendis, we still dont give a shit about Miles so stop shoving him in our face.

>arresting Miles because of a vision
>not arresting Vision because he crashed the spaceship into the Triskelion

The Ghostbuster 2016 reboot proved that there's a $220 million market for snarky rad-fem bait. I don't think Marvel is going to feature complete & total psycho cunt Carol.

Based on how things went in The Vision, I'm guessing they just decided to let him do his own thing.

Thunderbolts preview says they argue but agree to let Miles go.

Put them in the Negative Zone prison all over again. "lol laws don't exist here!"

That Red Skull stick figure... Bucky needs to pay better attention to what his Cube Daughter is drawing.

So...why do they assume these visions of the future are always 100% correct? No variations based on quantum uncertainty? No minority report? The future is not always in motion in Marvel?

Why do they assume he's in the wrong for killing Cap in this vision? There's no context. Maybe Cap really, really needs killing in this future situation. Maybe it's not Cap at all, but some evil clone or something.

Why are these people so stupid?

>Why are these people so stupid?
Writer makes em to be.

"Go ahead Arrest me. I request Jennifer Walters as my attorney & I'll only settle out of count for half the vibranium that Wakanda ever mined. Get out that checkbook, BP."

Is Bucky speaking czech for some reason? Because in russian "rodina" means homeland, in czech it means family.

Actually Stark researched it, they aren't accurate. They just show the most probable event, even if the ratio is 51% to 49%. That's his entire arguement. And n, visions aren't correct. The whole point is that they can be prevented by intervention.

Kamala sure likes to cry like a bitch in Bendis´ comics. Wonder why Wilson hasn´t incorporated that character trait into her books. Oh yeah, now I remember! She isn´t a fucking talentless hack.

Agreed.

So what happaned? They all fought over a woman nightstalker poofed away, the building collaposed and whatshisname not-homer had a vision that shows spidergoogle kills cap..and now everyone supports carol in arresting miles?