So we recently had some new TMNT stuff from IDW and the DVD and blu-ray of OotS dropped not too long ago...

So we recently had some new TMNT stuff from IDW and the DVD and blu-ray of OotS dropped not too long ago. Let's have ourselves an old fashioned Ninja Turtles thread. Who here ordered themselves some Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything? I'm still waiting for it too arrive. I will probably get mine in the mail next week. So, do you have a favorite turtle? A favorite villain? Best cartoon? Best movie? Best game? How would you do a Ninja Turtles reboot of you were in charge of it? In any medium. What do you think of Splinter's decisions in 62? What are you hoping to see more of? Do you have any favorite TMNT artists?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tlRYX79jmlg
teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/2016/09/14/sakai-confirms-usagi-yojimbo-nick-tmnt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mirage rules

>Let's have ourselves an old fashioned Ninja Turtles thread.
Why does every TMNT thread OP refer to itself as "old fashioned"?

Dat Christmas issue.

Maybe it's the same guy doing all the threads? Or it's all about that nostalgia.

Will Santolouco be doing the inside artwork too?

I mean I would assume so based on the mock cover but I'm also wondering if they will be pulling from the original Mirage Mikey issue. Based on the cover we can assume that Mikey will be the star.

>Will Santolouco be doing the inside artwork too?
Yes. Watcher and his ugly art will be there until issue 64.

Eastman variant.

it's pizza time
youtu.be/tlRYX79jmlg

stop posting this bruh

I do like his Splinter but I'm not a huge fan of his turtles.

what

Best Movie: 1990. Best turtle: Raphael. Best game: Turtles in Time. Best villains: Shredder, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady. Favorite artists: Ben Bates and Mateus Santolouco.

>Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady
Not cartoon version I hope.

IDW versions. But I do have a soft spot for them in the 1987 cartoon.

Dat Glenn Fabry covers.

oh god look at that face.

Go read mangas elsewhere.

i have never been able to find some of the comics from the 90's. style was like pic related.

Had some interesting spins like krang being stuck on a prison planet with slash.

forgot pic.

The Archie comics maybe?

Friendly reminder that Miyamoto Usagi is coming to 2012 TMNT:

teenagemutantninjaturtles.com/2016/09/14/sakai-confirms-usagi-yojimbo-nick-tmnt/

did they ever make a good turtles game?

huh?

Armaggon is a character from the Archie comics so yes you have read the Archie.

>2012 TMNT
Meh. I want a crossover in comics not in shitoon.

damn.....
well i was 8 when i read some of them so lets take off the nostalgia filter and see what we got.

First 20 issues are like the old cartoon but after it became really good, different from the cartoon, also more mature. They travel in many countries, meet a lot of new characters, introduce the Mutanimals or Ninjara. Nostalgia or not I think it was good.

I started reading the new IDW but I dunno... I find it so hard to get over their background story? And the whole born again thing.
Urgh maybe I should just read more, I read the villain one shots and I really liked those.

what? the 1987 cartoon is the bet versions of them, espc Krang

When you're a kid maybe but now...

I am really loving the comics right now. Last issue's reveal about Splinter's betrayal honestly made me appreciate just how much all these characters grew.

Also, who else is hoping that the turtles continue to break away from their father one by one? I feel like that would be a really interesting (and emotional) dynamic.

Agree on most of these, but Donatello is clearly the best turtle, though Raph is a close second.

In Mirage Volume 4, they are adults and live in different places. I think it's a smart evolution even if this Volume has a lot of weird ideas and confusing stuff.

TMNT Adventures, by Archie Comics. Grew up on those, and they're still my favorite Ninja Turtle universe.

Like this user said, it eventually became it's own world, and didn't dumb it down for the kids. Without spoiling anything, there was non-graphic murder and torture involved in later stories. I'm sure I'm missing other stuff, but it's been a long time...

It's actually being collected in trade paperbacks right now, I think they're up to volume 12?

>I think they're up to volume 12
Yes. Issues 51-54.