What was your reaction to this moment at the time? I could not fucking believe it

What was your reaction to this moment at the time? I could not fucking believe it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTmfnK6XDiA
youtube.com/watch?v=K4TC1xMyZDI
youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBwqtMht0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6abCSoQ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=kIRCnkwnHqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It felt like Bruce/Batman---just a version of him so far into the future, +20 years was when this scene took place---and it was scary. It was even scarier seeing Gotham's Knight, the defacto leader of the Justice League, legendary hero, have his life seriously threatened by a heart attack.

"Never again". The image of him broken, defeated, and quitting only for the show to jump another 20 years was ambitious to say the least.

I wish more titles in DC and Marvel tried to do something similar with their own future verse. Like----Marvel 2099, or the MCU 2116. Just show the ultimate fates of iconic heroes, for good or bad, how they've changed or not changed, and who ultimately will be their successor.

I think that was the moment I fell in love with BB.

It was necessary, so we'd understand why he finally resigned.

It was a perfect way to show why Bruce stopped. I can't imagine a different way he'd voluntarily retire.

A very bold move. But well done.

Realizing he would pick up a gun and shoot someone to save his own life is the only believable way batman would retire.

it was just to intimidate the man, he wasn't going to do it cus muh moral compass

One of the few times fanfiction accurately described a character.

youtube.com/watch?v=GTmfnK6XDiA

What I don't get is how ridiculously strecthy that suit is. Seriously, Terry is an order of magnitude smaller than Bruce. Perfect fit.

>Batman eating shittily enough for a heart attack
Shoulda never gone out for all those milkshakes and fries with Clark.

That niggas been under a shitload of stress probably his entire life, if anything it's surprising it didn't happen sooner.

If you had to deal with Batman's shit you'd have heart attacks young too.

It was very unsettling and probably the most human I've ever seen Batman.

After all he had been through, after all he had accomplished, he got beaten and made desperate by old age.

Science, user.

And then his liver fails because he took one too many aspirin for his headaches

What a dork

I'd like to add that I think it's weird Bruce made a suit without a cape, considering a big part of his philosophy with it is to be this big scary thing people shoot at. Without the cape he's just a guy with a retractable glider.

They took that idea and expanded on it with Luthor's character in JLU, when he was asked why he does ANYTHING when he's already achieved the pinnacle of human accomplishment. The DCAU every so often has an episode written by a competent writer like Dini or Berkowitz.
youtube.com/watch?v=K4TC1xMyZDI

More than likely the cape was becoming less of an intimidation factor and more of a burden as technology advanced and society grew darker and more cyberpunk. Even Superman gave up his own cape and adopted a white and black uniform, and that was before he was possessed by Starro.

>Lord Superman elects to wear black and white to emphasise a significant change
>Old Superman elects to wear black and white to emphasise a significant change

Funny how life turns out

It doesn't matter how healthy you live, user. Live long enough, and eventually your body starts to fail you. Time beats us all in the end.

Also interesting is Brave New Metropolis, the reality where Lois dies.

Everything you said is pretty legit but Batman most definitely is not the defacto leader of the Justice League.

The Justice Lords had the right idea honestly. But they went about it a little too rough.

youtube.com/watch?v=gYMBwqtMht0

Not that user, but unlike you all, time is always on my side.

This.

I knew after seeing that scene Beyond had something to offer and stayed for the entire ride.

thats one of the best episodes.

Didn't they open a plot hook when Terry said he didn't believe Bruce that a heart condition was the only reason he quit, and that one day he'd find out the full story? In the episode where SHE DEDN'T GIV ME DA FUL TRETMENT

I wonder if he would've have shot him. I mean, he's about to die, but would he shoot? Would he have succumb to that weakness, a weakness he's despised for so long?

If he did, what would he have done afterwards? I think he stopped because he knew that if he goes much further, he'd not only put his life in danger more and more, but that the more aged he is, the more desperate and cowardly he gets.

That's why old Bruce is an ass. He;s not only upset with the world, he's upset with himself for losing his heart. When he sees Terry, he sees hope for a Batman with a bigger heart, and can keep it.

Terry is Bruce's last hope of redemption, a hope to continue giving back with better hands.

And my god, the Return of the Joker? A work of art.

I remember turning it on as a kid and thinking it was just another episode of BTAS and I freaked the fuck out

Batman of the Future movie starring Clint Eastwood as Old Bruce WHEN?

He would have shot him, yes. His gun hand was shaking, confused by the heart attack pain, adrenaline surging. Survival instincts shut down critical thinking and especially parts related to morality.

Though one bullet isn't likely to kill, especially in the future. At his late stage he was very content with gruesome torture.

Everyone wanted it. No one will do it. I would kill for a trilogy that ends with Princeton throwing his dad's irradiated corpse into a Lazarus Pit, contaminating the last one in the future and bringing back a living nuclear bomb while Terry tries to fight a grown-up Damian that's wearing an Owlman costume after being trained by Ra's for forty years, requiring middle-aged Bruce to put on his Batsuit one last time to save one son and kick his other son's ass.

I don't think he would have fired. But I guess we'll never know.

The fact that he had gotten weak enough that he had to resort to using something he hated told him that he just wasn't suited to being the Bat anymore. He was going to fail and get someone killed if he continued as he was, and that was unacceptable to him.

The Damian part is shit user, the rest can work

Normally someone picking up a gun isn't a big deal, but in that scene it immediately tells how desperate Batman was for him to do it. His reaction afterwards too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6abCSoQ0o

youtube.com/watch?v=kIRCnkwnHqM