Well this too damn close to home

Well this too damn close to home.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you live in a box or do you have shit taste in clothing?

You talking about social isolation?

That's nothing new.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=svVaEWQaoSo

Is this show any good? This show is practically worshipped by tumblr

Let's put it this way, guy
you know how invader zim, monty python, etc etc get a horde of fans endlessly repeating lines and not even really getting why it's good? almost ruining it for you... because in addition to its depth, it has a lot of surface flavor that a ton of people lap up without fully bothering to get it
Daria has that.
The kind of people who obsess over race and sex quotas and shit... are going to lap up daria. It doesn't mean it's not a good show, and it sure as hell doesn't mean it's TRYING to be that.

I wonder if she knows i'd love to be in there with her, holding her hand. reminding her that what we are is still better, even if it causes problems to shitty people that can't handle our shit. The normal people get into drugs and various trouble.

It's good. It's sort of like Beavis and Butthead crossed with King of the Hill, using those as examples since Daria is originally from B&B.

The show also works on two levels - you can watch it and empathize with Daria and relate to her jadedness towards society, or you can watch it as a show about an arrogant teenager who's miserable because of her own horrible personality, and it works equally well both ways.

>or you can watch it as a show about an arrogant teenager who's miserable because of her own horrible personality

This. I think most normies would really relate to Quinn, since she starts out as an average dumb teen obsessed with vain social life but then becomes more or less self-aware.

It really is interesting how very mike judgey it feels considering he wasn't involved at all. he just gave it his blessing later, but wished he had been asked to be involved

At the very least it shows we can all get along kinda, right? Things never got to the point of life-ruining drama or Carrie-tier abusive pranks. It was a lot more cerebral.

daily reminder

>Is this show any good?
Yes.

tfw no pretty girl wearing nice clothes in a box gf

I think Judge would have made Daria less of what Daria was at the end. Especially when you realize what became of King of the Hill the longer it went on as the characters just did not grow like Luanne went from a hick who wanted to escape her shitty life in the south to one that embraced said shitty life.

I'd rather wearing nothing, but if anyone's likely to be sensible and figure out the textile scam...
you can't blame mike judge for that. besides it was a good lesson about how once you have a kid your dreams are over, you have responsibility

In the finale, Bobby went from a boy who ain't right to a boy who is right. That's sort of development.

>I'd rather wearing nothing

>not having separate boxes
>fun box and lewd box

i didnt mean that in a lewd way, just relaxing and free. no sweat and restrictions

Huh huh, hey Diarrhea

It stands on its own merits, but you need to be at least passingly familiar with late 90s youth culture to get a lot of the humor.

>this

I loved that episode near the end of the show where Quinn finally calls Daria her sister because they worked up to it so much over time, not like Steven universe where a character does one thing halfway through an episode and suddenly the character they're trying to impress likes them