When are they coming back?

when are they coming back?

People is very busy being better by mocking at how stupid the classic characters are. You know, liking the original idea it's just nostalgia fagottry.

That's the bad part of cape comic industry, they don't want to let go the old ones. If they're so "outdated"why not to move on and do new characters/stories?

They should create new characters if they don't like the old ones but no. Let's deconstruct them, I mean, let's make them go with tiiiimes

Hopefully never

When speedos are no longer mocked in America

When actual wrestling with mid fanfare instead of bloated fanfare with the word wrestling slapped on top becomes a thing again

>They should create new characters if they don't like the old ones
this all the way faem, DC and marvel didn't become extremely popular by just rebooting their old comics over and over again. They have been comic up with some new characters now and then, but they always hove to be connected to their convoluted pre-established canons, coexists with the older characters and generally never becoming popular outside of a very niche audience due to being drowned by the mainstream series.

Extend them a bit more so that they're shorts and not just old timey trunks. Maybe have his leggings torn more often to make the shorts seem more durable by comparison.

Maybe give Clark a childhood fondness for circus performers to remind people where that part of the costume originates from. Isn't Superman the ultimate circus act anyway?

When enough time has passed that Jim Lee can add them to a redesign and make everyone think they were his idea.

My headcanon is that Clark intentionally designed his suit to look like a strongman suit and made it a little stupid on purpose. He spent his whole life trying to convince people that he's not a threat, that he's not dangerous and that he's here to help, so when he made the suit he wanted the first thing in people's minds to be "Wow, he looks kinda silly" and not "Wow, he could kill us all if he sneezes too hard."

I've always thought the trunks looked cool, they never seemed like underwear to me, I don't get why Batman gets to keep his and superman can't.

Superbro will bring them back

>I don't get why Batman gets to keep his and superman can't.

What are you talking about? Batman lost his first

EW52 will never fill those trunks.

Not soon enough

the problem is that nobody wants to make new character because they dont want the company to own them. until the rules change to allow ownership to the creators, you will never see new characters in comics, unless its some one off villain or something.

Nobody wants new characters. We want characters we know doing things we know they do. But when the times change, these characters have to adapt to keep up.

Actually, this is more of a technical issue. That red underwear coming back isn't a nostalgia filter - it's more that they need that to break up all the blue because the suit, as it is, looks like a onesie. There needs to be something to break it up - it doesn't even have to be the briefs.

The more the DC movies critically fail the closer we get to rebooting things back to at least pre new 52, if not earlier. Worst thing about the new DC movies is they're based on versions of comic book character that the vast majority of people aren't familiar with.

when it becomes trendy again

so never

hopefully someday

I've been a Superman fan my whole life. That whole time I've been hoping to see the trunks go.

I'm glad they're gone and I hope they never come back.

I recognize that bulge

Wasn't his old outfit made from the baby blanket he was swaddled in when landing on Earth as an infant?

One day I'm sure. But not anytime soon. It simply looks like underwear on the outside. I imagine if they bring it back, it'll be in the form of red boxer shorts before fully going back to the red speedo.

No, people just genuinely want him to wear trunks on the outside.

What's the deal with Tony Isabella and Black Lightning then?

Never.

Superman lost his balls sometime during the 80s.