It's Bi Awareness day! Lets have a bisexual master race thread

It's Bi Awareness day! Lets have a bisexual master race thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gailsimone.tumblr.com/post/140221097850/i-heard-recently-that-dinah-was-at-one-point
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is being bi important ?

Also the only bi person i can think i like is Prodigy, and that is because i liked him how he was able to rekt hellion in new x-men

Because a lot of people think it's impossible to be attracted to both sexes. Bi individuals are usually told to pick a side. Bi men are seen as closeted gays and bi women are seen as attention grabbers. Gays and lesbians also dislike them for their ability to pass as straight.

Its not, its exactly as important as anyone else, no more, no less. Thus the idea of Bi awareness given most stuff narrows shit down to "straight or gay"

So yeah

Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Hercules, Prodigy, Loki, Jenny Sparks,Voodoo,Shatterstar,Rictor, etc .

Which is ironic given back in the day what we call bi wqs basically the default

And it really doesn't help that many gay men see identifying as bi as being the first "stepping stone" towards being gay. Dan Savage was criticized a few years back for such an opinion. Sexuality is a complex subject and our penchant for labeling every goddamn thing doesn't help. Just like everything else, it can grow and change over time, but so many see it as being the focal point of their identity that most will be either 100% gay or straight with no in between.

huh loki is bi welp i have a new favorite super villian

Poison Ivy is bi. I think.

yeah though she seems to hate people in general anyway

>This is why being bi is important
I don't value sexuality. What you do behind closed doors is your damned business. Don't shove into my face what I should accept and what I shouldn't. It doesn't make you a better man or woman - Being gay, bi or straight doesn't make you any more or less important. Just who you're willing to drag into your bed - and I don't think anyone should fucking care unless they're the ones subjecting themselves to your affections.

Although, I do think trans people are just vanity people taking it to another level, but that's just me.

didnt she and harley quinn get together?

In a perfect would that's how it would be

Claremont created characters.

For some people it is. Elton John is probably the most famous example and personally I know two men who did it that way.

You might not put much stock in sexuality but a lot of people do. Too much, even.

Fuck you DC, you cowards.

It wasn't cowardliness, Simone literally forgot to change the dialogue so it was never printed.

gailsimone.tumblr.com/post/140221097850/i-heard-recently-that-dinah-was-at-one-point

At some point in the story, and I barely remember, Dinah goes up against a femme fatale-type character. And I, in my first draft, had Dinah’s cap saying something about how this woman’s allure wasn’t really working on her because she (the Canary) was, ‘70% heterosexual.’ It was meant to be light-hearted, an off-the-cuff remark to a fight situation, but I was also well aware that it meant a serious step for DC, to have a major female character come out as bi-, and that seemed important.

Here’s where I fucked up. I didn’t like the way the line read, it just didn’t seem to read right. There’s a thing in scripting called ‘placeholder dialogue’ where you put SOMETHING in the panel because you know you need to fix it later. And I wanted something that ended with impact on the last word, like yadda yadda yadda yadda YADDA.

So I wrote her saying, “…and heterosexual to the BONE,” knowing I would change it in the final lettering. It wasn’t what we were going with, but the rhythm was closer to what I wanted.

The art came in, and it didn’t match the original wording, it didn’t feel right. But I knew I could change it back because my editors ALWAYS give me a last dialogue pass after the art comes in, so that I can make sure the dialogue and art flow smoothly. This is where you fix all the placeholder dialogue, among other things.

Sure, for some people. The problem comes when a person identifies as bi, and they are immediately counted as gay by their peers or seen as too scared to come out. I've read too many articles and comments that refer to Steve Orlando as a "gay writer", even though he's an out bisexual.

Some people think Freddy Mercury might have been bi.

But then, he was Freddy Goddamn Mercury. He can bang whoever and whatever he wants.

Only, the first and ONLY time on my entire bop run, they sent the book out without those fixes. I made them, they didn’t get put on the page. I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but if you look at that issue, you can see a few other little mistakes and art/script clashes that normally, we would have taken out immediately.

So it still breaks my heart. I can’t read that issue. Every time I see it, I cringe. It was supposed to be Dinah’s moment to come out as bisexual, and instead, it’s the opposite. We tried to get it fixed for the trade, not sure if that ever happened, either.

This is what sucks about serial comics. You are always on a deadline, somehow, some time, someone will screw up. In this case, I messed up by putting in something in a frantic placeholder bit, and either editorial or production (I never found out who) screwed up by not putting the issue fixes in.

Since Dixon BoP Dinah always struck me as Bi

Bisexuals make the best sluts.

In one universe yeah

>>>/reddit/
Please, kindly fuck off.

I guess that must suck but in the end if a dude or woman is bi they could always just settle down in a heterosexual relationship. Help me see this other side of this because I apparently can't.

If you think sexuality only extends to who you take to bed with you, you are seriously misguided as to how your sexuality has effected your own life.

Did he ever actual do anything with Deadshot?

Also women that he wrote for in general.

Then explain to me.

The only other way I know my sexuality can have an effect is when a company decide to sell a product to the people who has my same sexuality.

I'm bi and this is literally what sexuality is. It's who you want to fuck. This obviously has effects outside of the bedroom, but that is what sexuality is.

>This obviously has effects outside of the bedroom,

That was his point I think. Like professional gatherings and other shit where you're expected to bring your spouse. It's not literally only about fucking.

Seems there's more bi characters than purely homosexual ones.

Or am I totally off the mark there?

every female comic character is bisexual if they aren't lesbians so yes, you're right

That's...rather annoying to me.

Thanks Claremont for that.

go back to your containment board

There's a day for everything now, fuck your useless special snowflake thread.

Man i can't wait for bbw day!

You know since sexual preference gets days now.

It's not entirely true and way less true at DC, and DC writes genuine bi characters than fapbait ones like at Marvel, but blame Chris Claremont for doing it to Marvel.

That just looks like conveniently traced art to me
>2 right hands

No there are a shitton of full on lesbos in comics. They actually outnumber the bi chicks 2-1.

Thing is no one cares about them and they are oft pushed to the side till they MIRACULOUSLY LOVE DA COCK or go full I CAN SLEEP WITH WHO I WANT to stay relevant. But by then no one honestly gives a shit except the almost nonexistant gays in the industry and people like claremont who have a fetish.

And there is a point where they cross the "tee hee I'm bi" threshold and goes full on "goddamn she's gay as fuck"
Like with catwoman during her whole mafia queen phase.
STILL considered a massive dyke in most comic circles.

Oh and men can't be "bi". They can only be straight but one time fucked a really really feminine trap or gay but if the writer REALLY wants too and they oft don't. the'll occasionally fuck a woman.
No in between.
Period.

Well now I'm confused. But satisfied, I guess.