When will Marvel learn?

>Remember Hawkeye? No not that Hawkeye, our favorite Hawkeye, the chick who puts the hawk in Hawkeye, the butt-kicking hero who had to save the other Hawkeye’s butt all the time. Yup, you know her, it’s the dazzling Kate Bishop making her solo comics debut! Kate is heading west and returning to Los Angeles, with her bow and arrow and P.I. badge in tow. There are crimes to solve and she’s the best archer to handle ‘em! The City of Angels has a new guardian angel.
>The talented duo of Kelly Thompson (A-Force, Jem) and Leonardo Romero (Squadron Supreme, Doctor Strange) bring you a Kate Bishop like you’ve never seen her before, in a brand-new ongoing series that really hits the mark!
Thank god for this book. After Mockingbird got cancelled, I was afraid we'd never have an outlet to talk about tampons ever again.

This book is out in December. Which means Marvel plans to continue business as usual until at least the middle of next year. Why do you suppose they're being so stubborn with this business practice?

I'm very excited for this book

>The adorable archer
AHAHAHAHAHA

to be fair

1) kate has been around for nearly a decade now, and predates most of the diversity brigade

2) clint is still alive and heroing, and is getting his own book soon too (occupy avengers) to deal with the aftermath of civil war II

now whether or not this will actually sell well or be another 20k or less title, that's another thing. i'm guessing it will probably last a few more issues than the Slapstick solo, at least

Kate Bishop is dull as fuck. Marvel writers have no idea how to write interesting women, especially if they're legacy characters. Then they inevitably end up "what if [hero] was a GIRL with GIRL PROBLEMS like periods and babies and men?"

>kate has been around for nearly a decade now, and predates most of the diversity brigade
And? Hellcat has been around since the late 70s, and she most likely predates your birth.

Soon, as DC rebirth continues to blow them out of the water the higher ups at marvel will realize that pandering to the tumblr crowd was not the way to go.

Cool. Another good comic book.

also >implying OP didn't just want to make a thread for his waifu

it's okay user, kate is cute but I like Kamala better

I know nothing of Thompson or Romero, but any Kate book is a welcome development.

Ok which Marvel heroine isn't a banging other girls or black guys?

What's with all these superheroes becoming private investigators?

We already got both Jessicas and Howard. Is P.I. just the go-to career for directionless Marvel superheroes that need a hook for an ongoing?

>the butt-kicking hero who had to save the other Hawkeye’s butt all the time.
Fraction was a mistake

>Man, isn't Kate the best at everything? Isn't Clint such a loser?
Did these assholes only read the first 2-3 issues of Faction's run?

Romero does art on the current Doctor Strange run.

Thompson wrote A-Force, which should tell you everything.

>Marvel continues to market books towards teen girls after DC already learned the hard way that audience doesn't buy comics

I get that they're owned by Disney and their job is to basically just exist now. But, c'mon. That's no excuse to just throw away money.

Marvel seems to be aware of how successful police procedurals are on tv so they want to mimic that. Nevermind how oversaturated that genre already is.

>A-Force
So, it would be too boring to read?
I can't even form a proper opinion on that book because everything about it just bores me and I can't keep reading.

Fighting for justice ain't cheap.

Though if I had to seriously guess, it's perhaps because a lot of people at the big two are dead tired of always having to write about superheroes, and are desperately trying whatever they can to write other genres.

Constant relaunches get them easy money.
Shameless, shallow, reductive pandering gets them easy good press.

Same goes for Jem. She's just a dull writer.

Eat a bag of dicks - Kate is a developed character and has been co-hawkeye for like a decade now.

But the Kate issues of Fraction's Hawkeye were the worst parts, they were so boring.

To be fair, A-Force is a book that was doomed to mediocrity from the beginning.

"All female Avengers line-up" is not a pitch, its a gimmick. Like, I'm all for an all female Avengers team, but the immediate next question anyone interested in such a thing will ask is "So what's the setup? Plot? Character dynamics? Themes perhaps?". The creative team did not have an answer to those questions, which is a shame.

If it's the same Thompson, he also writes Spidey, Venom SK and Silk, all three are characters that were completely run into the ground which he took and improved on quite a bit. I'm not going to read this book because I don't give a fuck about Kate or any other Hawkeye, but I have faith that Thompson will do good.

I'm not a fan Aaron's doctor Strange, he doesn't just write a good Stephen Strange, but I do like some of the OCs he introduced in it. Medico mistico is pretty cool.

>"All female Avengers line-up" is not a pitch, its a gimmick.
It's also pretty sexist if you think about it. I wonder if, during the recruiting process in the MU, Carol or Jen simply turned away any male hero applicants simply for being male.

You can't get away with the same thing for an all-male team. Not in 2016.

That's Robbie Thompson, who's generally pretty good.

This is Kelly Thompson, a phenomenally boring and "safe" writer.

Kate's great when done well.
But they've got a mediocre writer on it, they're clearly following on Kate's California adventures from the Fraction book (which was the low point of the series), and they're doing the "Clint sucks, Kate's perfect" thing.

When creators take the lazy fan perception and run with it, you tend to get a bad series/characterization.

Different Thimpson

Single-sex teams never forbid opposite sex members in-universe.

Hickman's Illuminati/New Avengers didn't have a 'No Girls Allowed' sign outside their meetings.

Eh on the one hand yes A Force is shit hamfisted feminism, but on the other I think it's pretty editorially forced. Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps actually was not a book with hamfisted feminism despite being entirely about women. It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible. It really depends how the editors have her write this book

Alright, never mind, this book is going to be shit and the people who waifu Kate are going to be super butthurt about it.

She has been around longer than that

>nearly a decade
You mean over a decade.

>late 70s
Try mid-40s.

People who waifu Kate are gonna adore it.

Until America Chavez shows up and they start making out, because you know that's the level of creativity and integrity this series will have.

>Thompson wrote A-Force, which should tell you everything.
That it'll be pretty good but nothing special?

Safe is definitely the word for it.

She's already said she's just pulling from Veronica Mars.
She has no voice of her own. No creativity.

Patsy's been around since the 40s, yes, but she didn't become Hellcat until '76. Her costume was originally Greer Nelson's, who was The Cat from 1972-1974 until she became Tigra.

>predates most of the diversity brigade
The Young Avengers WERE the diversity brigade

>occupy avengers
oooh I'm brimming with anticipation

Reminder that expert archery requires extensive upper body strength that women genetically have less of than men.

Didn't Brian Wood do an X-babes book?
It did alright didn't it? It ran until the Secret Wars hullabaloo right?

More proof that X-sluts are best sluts

It's X-Men.
If Marvel hadn't played up that angle pre-release, nobody would have even noticed.

I also feel it's worth noting that the book was shit.
The writing, anyway.

It was only a matter of time. Everyone wants her back. It's cannon.

Booooooo

>The mystic medician is Mexico

WTF!

>Kate is heading west and returning to Los Angeles

I guess that did work out pretty well for her the first time. I mean, if you don't count getting beat up and arrested.

Solicits are always like this, but yeah I feel bad that Good Clint is Dead. I don't mind Kate getting an ongoing, hate that Hawkguy has been made eternal.

>Hickman's Illuminati/New Avengers didn't have a 'No Girls Allowed' sign outside their meetings.
Medusa is on the "unofficial" Illuminati as of current.

STOP SHITTING ON CLINT STOP AGHHHHHHHHH

Not only that.
- The writer isn't the one in Mockingbird, which is something (that woman was an awful writer, to be honest). This one said she's going to follow Fraction's characterization of Kate, fortunately. So she's not going to be the perfect mary sue all powerful she is in Lemire's and other.
- The solicitation is awfully trying to imitate the mocking intro in Fraction's run, and fails miserably at doing so.
- Occupy Avengers has the same typography in its logo, I think, so Clint's not going to drop his Hawkeye persona. They may even play with the name, given than the other known member of the A Team, I mean, the Avenger's Team, is a native american from the 19th Century.
- I recall they saying he's going to be present in Kate's run, which is funny, because she's going to be in LA and he's going to go around all the country, apparently.
- OP probably aims for baiting us and also doesn't want to admit there are people who actually like her from her Young Avengers days. They're fewer, but they exist.

I'm a Clint fan, I don't care the least about Kate, but I cannot understand how is it that this annoys some people so much.

OP, please, carry on and chill.
And buy the A-Team, I mean, Occupy Avengers. Support Clint the best Hawkeye.

I only ever liked Kate in Heinberg's Young Avengers but I can say the same for the whole team

This. It's been all downhill since.

I was hoping someone had that page

Marvel is for girls now. Just deal with it and read DC if you want stories for "boys."

Kate is definitely for boys.

>OP probably aims for baiting us and also doesn't want to admit there are people who actually like her from her Young Avengers days. They're fewer, but they exist.
Only Cred Forumsmblr would accuse my post as bait. This isn't only about Kate Bishop. This is about all the past and present instances of Marvel replacing an established male character with a female character, and expecting to be the champions of diversity. This is about all the Captain Marvels, Thors, Wolverines, Star-Lords, and Hulks in Marvel that get pushed aside so feminists have more flags to wave in their social media parade. When will it end?

Ultimates, Totally Awesome and Whore are really fun though, even Wolverine isn't half bad, and really, Marvel has always been full of stupid shocks ane events and trying to change up the status-quo.

Try to read some comics, internet activism is stupid, especially if you're doing it for free on a anonymous imageboard.

Book was dogshit, user. From Storm letting Selene and Pryor walk to muh baby and Deathstrike being program... gross.

That doesn't change the fact that it sold because it had the highest concentration of X-fus in the same place.

>kelly thompson
I wonder if singularity will show up

Oh my god, this fucking bitch is using a tiny compound bow. Fucking pathetic. Is she hunting pigeons with that thing?

Reminder that this is a goddamn comic book

I'm excited for this book. The few issues of A-Force I read were nice and I've liked Kate since Young Avengers.

i've lost hope for pretty much any form of media to portray archery correctly

that being said, it's a cape comic nig, get over it.

People actually like Kate though.
You're just looking for a reason to get upset.

>Try to read some comics
I do. DC comics.

Clint has been a fuck up since his first outing. He's got his redeeming features, namely panache and never missing. But he often thinks with the wrong head and has a tendency towards the impulsive.

This description could be applied to Clint in Fraction's run, or when he lead the Thunderbolts, or in his very first outing.

TBQH I don't intend to buy a single Hawkeye book until Marvel pass on the legacy title to a young genderqueer autistic Kyrgyzstani child with a pet tercel and roughleg who's actually the reincarnated falconer of King Arthur AND the Sultan Bayezid I bin Murad bin Orhan bin Osman and he has two spirit guides who are the ghosts of Howard Hill and T. H. White.

You know what you need to do Marvel.

Your argument is that there is no difference between pre-Hawkguy and Hawkguy then? Have you read the material you're talking about?

You can reduce a character description to generalities but the actual text and how it's handled is freely available.

remember when clint was a serious avenger

Yes, yes I do.